Sketchbook: 30 days of sketching madness
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: 30 days of sketching madness

Esgarblackpoxs is offline The most interesting muffin in the world Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

30 days of sketching madness

Hello one and all. Well, I'm starting my little scratchbook of evolving art. I'm afraid that I can't get any of my inked pictures up because being a college newbie, I lack a scanner and a camera, making that rather problematic. So instead I give you 30 days of Phooshop CS3 digital paintings! Woohoo. Anyways, I haven't done much pure digital painting, so this should be an interesting experiment. I'm going to try to do one painting a day for the thirty days. The one I included with this post wasn't done with CS3, but with an online prgram called Sketcher. Fun to mess around with (only used one tool for that pic, heh). Anyways, here's my sketchbook. C&C, tips, and tutorials greatly appreciated for my budding and throughly rough art.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

thesadpencil is offline Unfortunate Incident of Trial and Error Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well before i can give a proper crit. you need to upload more stuff. as for this piece i can't quite tell exactly what it is, you should try to define your forms and pieces better, also next time when painting digitally don't use such a soft brush, it makes the image to blurry.

To live is to create, to create is to live. Without art and music, I do not know how I would get by in my day to day life.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115997

Esgarblackpoxs is offline The most interesting muffin in the world Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know, but the particular program I used for this piece only has a couple of tools availible. In this case, I used the airspray, though I suppose I could have made the edges more defined with a smaller diameter brush. It's okay if you can't exactly tell what it is; I wasn't gonig for anything real concrete, just messing around. Thanks though, hopefully you'll be able to help more when I get more stuff uploaded, heh.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if someone is criting your works its probly not the best idea to crit his crit or try to justify why you did what you did. if you did do something for a reason and someone points it out it means that you didnt make it clear why you did what you did.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I'd like to, but my plans didn't work out as I'd hoped. In other words, I lack a program to practice digital paints, d'oh. So, I will be uploading at SOME point, just not sure when. I'll be getting Painter X in a bit, but I need my new laptop to arrive first, so shmeh.

Thanks for the encouragement though. For now, I'm working on form studies in my sketchbook and various doodles. I do so love posemaniacs.com.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.