Art: De-lurking and posting (finally)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: De-lurking and posting (finally)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

De-lurking and posting (finally)

So since I'm not going to shower everyone here with a big dump of what I think are my best images just to try and impress everyone, here's simply the 2 most recent images.

The first is for a band called Five Iron Frenzy (not for anything official, but just a scrapbook they're putting together since this is their last tour).

and the second one is for the newspaper here at WSU (where I work as an illustrator, mostly because nobody else wanted the job, not because I'm qualified or anything). The images is to match a story about rock music.

Comments? Suggestions? Insults about my school's football team?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love Five Iron Frenzy! It's a shame they're breaking up but also good in a way. Nice tribute to a great song.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm i think your technique and rendering is pretty solid. but youre way off witht eh proportions. the soldiers legs are way too short and the bum shouldnt be that far down either. Apart from that her arse looks to broad anyways, reminds me of my history teacher, ack. The second one is pretty good. again the legs seem too short. it could use some stronger shadows and maybe some more varied color choices on the body. good work overall.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Five Iron is one awesome band. I heard that some of them are going to form a different band, or mabye they will jsut countinue their acoustic project. Both of these images are really well done.

Don't just practice. Also Practice the right things, the right way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by zeroe
    hmm i think your technique and rendering is pretty solid. but youre way off witht eh proportions. the soldiers legs are way too short and the bum shouldnt be that far down either. Apart from that her arse looks to broad anyways, reminds me of my history teacher, ack. The second one is pretty good. again the legs seem too short. it could use some stronger shadows and maybe some more varied color choices on the body. good work overall.
    Yeah, the proportions are all wonky. I was going for more realistic woman proportions (listen to the song One Girl Army and there's your reason why) but I was also just trying to come up with SOMETHING since I'd been suffering through a bit of a drought, drawing-wise for nearly 2 weeks at that point. I think the length of the legs and all that other business could be solved by raising the crotch up closer to the in-between of the coat-flaps. Also, many people said her hair and face should be muddier/dirtier if her uniform is also messed up.

Colorwise, I couldn't agree more. I was aiming for muted tones but I guess I hit "monotones". Oops.

As far as the band, the two concerts I saw back to back on their final tour were great! I'm very impressed with their final cd, but more importantly, I'm also very glad to learn that some members are continuing on with another rock band they're forming called "Guerilla Rodeo". Just imagine the t-shirt designs for that name!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.