mistress of the dead forest = w.i.p.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: mistress of the dead forest = w.i.p.

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Follows
    Following

mistress of the dead forest = w.i.p.

I have had a lot of help in my SB and thanks so much, still stuck - still a WIP - and getting rid of some smoke - elbow problem too??? !!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The face and clouds are awesomeness. The left elbow could be a little more vertical, but it's not a deal breaker.

Believe it or not, what's niggling at me art the hands - they feel more at the detail level of the background than that incredible hair they're next to.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awsome work Kelly x, what looked like a very peaceful yet static start is coming out as something really dynamic and strong! Love how the white hair consists of so many colors, and the texture of her skin is amazing. Though I agree with MiniGoth about the hands - they could use a lot more detailing. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you, I agree with the hands the the vertical elbow glitch, I also think the hands are a weird color but will try to render the hands to go with the piece... the only ref for praying hands were man hands for real - so I need to bring out these beautiful woman hands and make them old too I think - great input for this - Minigoth and DragonSnail thanks!
    "Hottest chick I've ever done, due to fire" = this is for someone I know, LOL!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi guys, I worked on the hands a lot, tried to make them look better with render and thanks.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's looking better already!

What bothers me a little bit - but ok, that's just nitpicking, since I know you're not done with it yet - is that there is still a very painterly and unfinished feel to her skin and hair. Like, there's blobs of thick paint in some places? I believe you are working with digital, right? Are you working in Painter, and using the oil colors or something? That's the feeling I get, and if that's what you are aiming for, you got it. Though looking at some other of your pieces you usually have a more finished look to them, so I hope you are going for that with this one as well...?

Good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey new work ! Hmm...I see you're alreadying enhancing it. At this stage I think you're going to the right direction, howeverl like the other person said, it's just a bit from all finished. Here are some bits of my thoughts:

1. The transition of shadow and blurryness between the bottom 1/3 of the figure to what's above it seems quite blunt, especially the hair.

2. Anatomy seems a bit strange...from what I see the right arm if relatively short while the left arm stretches over the image frame. Also, her shoulders seems to be leaning to one side, if so, then the position and pose of the hands would seem odd. [Personally I think the hands looks right, it's the arms that might need fixing]

3. A thought. You incooperated the effect of cloud, fog, or wind in original image. Perhaps you can try apply it across the background mountains, to the sky, then to the character to help enhance the depth, texture, and flow of the image? At this moment the woman seems flowing well, but the rest of the image doesn't seem to be flowing and working with her imo.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe if you lightened the top of that mountain range down a little bit, since it's in the distance. Like this?

Last edited by Bowlin; October 2nd, 2008 at 08:01 AM. Reason: broken link

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.