Illustration for a website
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Illustration for a website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Illustration for a website

Hiya, I have been backpacking for a year and just got back. Picked up a freelance illustration job for a pulp fiction publishers website.

Nothing can be removed, they want the characters and car etc. I am yet to add a small UFO amidst the city scape but otherwise all the elements they asked for are present. The colour of the characters clothes and hair has to stay the same.

The brief requested the website be very bold and bright with a mixture of 1950's rockabilly, burlesque and touches of scifi (to incorporate their book genres)

I can change the colour theme, city scape and painting style.

I am about ready to submit it and although its an awesome brief I am not 100% happy with the outcome... but have been looking at it for 2 days so am to blurry eyed to see it any more.

Ideas?

Thanks as ever

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Definitely has the rockabilly vibe goin on!

Something that may help is a touch more of the cool colors in the shadows - right now the dude's tattoo jumps out more than anything else.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would suggest a few things; revisit your color wheel and choose some brighter colors. see my attached suggestion. another thing is the details of the car are not up to par with the characters details. I would suggest defining a lot more the car, even using some photographic elements in there. The girl has something strange going on with the pose, or the interaction between the car and her. The color of her dress is really close to her own skin color, I would suggest adding a pinch of red to her.

good luck with the website!

-JL

Attached Images Attached Images  
    J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys,

I think I will take the tattoo out all together and try some brighter colour pallets to present to them.

xx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, since you are quite restricted, it is a bit hard for me to give you advice but one thing caught my eye - I might not be the best when it comes to perspective, but shouldn't the second front wheel be displayed at least a bit ? Besides that, the front die and the card with the 4 of diamonds looks a bit weird to me forshortening-wise, but maybe that's the style your clients want. Well, so much for now, JL.Alfarro already mentioned the most important things, greetings from Vienna and btw congratulation to the one-year-trip, sounds very cool.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.