Sheridan Information Please! - Page 267

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 267 of 267 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267
Results 7,981 to 7,997 of 7997
    Thanks
    Hey I just made a quick sketchbook thread:http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...05#post3559105

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Alright, sweet. This should work nicely. Lycoris. I'd just get your hands on a (ahem) photoshop. Message me and I can help step by step.

OfficialLamp: I know they prefer uh traditional stuff, but variety is the key. Well that and drawing well. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about the personal section until the other section gets done. Your pot thingy is looking good though.

Everyone: Since we have a little group thing going, should we set little deadlines and what not? Like by November share two life drawings? And we critique it as a group. I know I work better with deadlines and a group would really help keep me motivated.

For character and rotation sheets this is what helps me out; http://www.posemaniacs.com/

Thanks
    Alright sweet, this should work.

Lycoris: I would skip the whole gimp thing and just get photoshop. If you uh want "help" with that, message me and I will gladly walk you through setup, step by step.

denaliah: I didn't apply yet, waiting for the turn of the year. I'm actually doing life drawings right now, though I should do storyboards because they are my weakest area.

OfficalLamp: I know they prefer traditional but variety wouldn't hurt. Though I wouldnt even worry about the personal section (right now) since its worth the least

Group: Anyone oppose to inflicting deadlines on us? Nothing too rigorous, just a way to force us to share drawings and get them critiqued. Like for example, have a basic character design by.. Nov 11th, or something.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dunnstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Dunnstar: Not sure about everyone else but I think a deadline is just what we need, however should we decide on the order of things? I think the observational drawing (life and layout) is what we should work on first, then after thats good carry those skills onto the storyboard then character stuff, and worry about personal work to last?

If you really wanna work on storyboarding (which is a good idea since it counts the most) I think we should all start challenge each other on drawing random poses and situations with our chosen sheridan character to get to know the structure before we worry about the final for now. Oh and if I haven't mentioned before here is my portfolio so far: http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...x333/sheridan/ (use 123456 as password) Please critique, don't be afraid of being harsh

Anyone know how to put something on a sig? sorry I haven't been here for a while

Thanks
    Discussion on order of things sounds perfect to me. We have four people. We should (if the other two agree) List what Sheridan finds important and what we individually are weak in and work from there. I almost think we should make a new topic for this. Easy to refer back to. I see ringling has "2013 hopefuls" Don't see why we can't have our own.

Based on this score sheet I'd say;
    1. Storyboards
    2. Action poses
    3. Expressions
    4. Household Objects
    5. Hand Drawings
    6. Room Layout
    7. Character Rotations
    8. Life Drawings
    9. Animal drawings
    10. Personal Artwork

I got really geeky with this, I basically counted up the points per category.
    Animation has 18
    Storyboard has 9
    Observation Drawing 13
    Layout 12
    Personal art 2.

Dividing them by their subcategories gives them an average score of;

Story
    9/1 = 9
    Animation
    18/3 = 6
    layout
    12/2 = 6
    Life Drawings
    13/3 = 4.3
    Personal
    2/1 = 2

forum keeps deleting my posts for some reason.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dunnstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I am really liking this idea of deadlines. A specific thread might be helpful, too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Awesome site there! It tells you everything, lol. Thanks a bunch!!

For the illustration portfolio, should I paint/draw/stuff on 8.5 x 11 inch paper/material? I have no idea how to shrink my pieces down if I do paint/draw big
    Don't fret about having a large portfolio. My portfolio book was something like 18x24 inches. I wouldn't stick to 8.5x11 paper, it is really small and you honestly won't be showing much. They go through so many portfolios that they just flip through things, they're not gonna stop and admire your small details. Keep in mind to include as much original work as usual.
    And if you do need to shrink them down, either good photographs or good scans can work. Scanning would be best if you have things that can fit in one, so you can easily resize it on a computer and print it.
    Make sure to keep your portfolio organized and professional looking, ten percent of your mark is based off of that.

To anyone applying for Illustration
    Include as much drawing and painting from observation as possible. I'm not kidding when I say first year Illustration is all observational. In first year, two of your classes, Representational Drawing and Painting (split into two separate classes), and Life Drawing is all from life. Rep. Drawing is still lifes, Rep. Painting is still life painting (and later figures), and life drawing is all model drawing. It's important to show that you can keep up with all the exercises your professors will give you, since first year is all about getting everyone up to the same level.
    And make sure you include a variety of these things! Don't include just pencil drawings of apples. Trust me, I didn't include much variety and I barely got into the programme! Experiment with media, even if they aren't perfect, show that you tried! Do watercolour landscapes, acrylic still lifes, charcoal life drawing and mix it up. And don't just show perfect complete pieces, show process work too. Not everything has to be complete as well, process is just as important as the finished work.
    Remember to show your knowledge of anatomy, perspective, and observational skills. Keep the stylistic stuff to a minimum.
    Keeping a sketchbook is also a good idea. Go to an art store or wherever they sell sketchbooks near you, pick one that you really like and name your new best friend. Draw whatever in it. Draw on the bus, when you're bored at school, or bored at home. Just draw whatever's in front of you, whatever's in your mind and draw it again, in a different way. This is a good way to play around with different mediums and stuff in your portfolio.

TL;DR draw from life, that's what they wanna see, 'cause if you can't do that then you can't survive first year illustration. Good luck! I'll check this thread when I remember to answer any questions.

Last edited by BeenaMistry; October 20th, 2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: additional info

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeenaMistry For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialLamp View Post
    I am really liking this idea of deadlines. A specific thread might be helpful, too.
    Done and done! I made a specific thread for 2013 applicants here;

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...on%29-Hopefuls.

We can pile useful information in opening post and track deadlines and applicants.

Also thanks BeenaMistry for the illustration information.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dunnstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It just feels like everything's going so fast now.. Ha ha ha!

Yeah a deadline sounds like a good idea. And the other stuff you said sounds good so far. I'm having a hard time with everything... particularly with character design and all. Does anyone have a model sheet for character rotation?

As for your life drawing, I like what I'm seeing so far. I can guarantee you that it's better than mine, lol ;p

At least for now, all I could say is define your lines a bit more. Not loose. Watch for your line quality. Keep it solid and tangible. Don't attempt to draw the eye socket in detail.

As for the sig, go to settings and find edit signature.

Thanks
    Can I join too! : ) I am slo starting my portfolio and would love to help contribute to a group.

Thanks
    So are we all applying for fall of 2013?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickels View Post
    So are we all applying for fall of 2013?
    I think that's a affirmative from us all. Sorry I missed your message, I'll add you to the list.
    Here's the link we are using to share our room drawings.
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...on%29-Hopefuls

I'm not sure if you know but it's due this Sunday(midnight) October 27th. One room drawing minimum, two preferred.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Anyone knows about the SHERIDAN's summer course on Animation portfolio development for TEEN? not the Animation Portfolio Workshop. Since I'm an international student I can't afford to stay too long.
    I really hope to go to a summer course this summer to prepare my portfolio to apply at the end of 2013.

Thanks
    EVeryone getting ready for the portfolio day??

Thanks
    hey guys !
    I just found out this forum and have read some great posts, they are really helpful
    I applied Art Fun and BAA. im working on my portfolio right now
    hope to make some friends here hah

Thanks
    ATTENTION ANYONE APPLYING TO SHERIDAN'S ANIMATION PROGRAM
    A group of my friends and myself from first year animation made an ask tumblr for people applying to the animation program to answer any questions about the portfolio and application process, so head over here if you would like : http://sheridanritualsacrifice.tumblr.com/

(I posted this before and deleted it by accident)

Thanks
    Hey everyone, I'll be going to Sheridan for Art Fundamentals in September and I only know one person that's going. Hope to see some of you! I'll be the girl with big stretchers and metal all over my face. :3

Make your world a canvas.

Page 267 of 267 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267

Members who have read this thread: 23