Page 601 of 615 FirstFirst ... 101 501 551 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,813 of 7995

Thread: Sheridan Information Please!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by F Kempke View Post
    On an unrelated note, how necessary is a laptop for the animation program? I'm thinking of taking my desktop pc unless a laptop is absolutely essential.
    It's not, On the tour I asked a animation student, and she said there is more than enough computers to work with at school, as long as you have something to work with out of school, you should be fine without one. Although a laptop maybe convient, its not essential.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMaroon View Post
    Also @Nicay, I have a house I'm interested in but I need 3 other girls to agree to live with before I can tell the landlord I'm interested, If residence falls through for you and the girls maybe we can see if we can get it..? LOL Again that's if you don't mind a cat being around, plus I don't know when students get news about if they got into res or not so I don't know how long the house, or his other similar houses will be available XD;; I'm just throwing it out there! But hopefully you get in residence I would imagine highschool students get high priority!

Finding a house and roomates when your not from around the area is real hard, especially when you need an animal around like me lol
    Yeah, I may have to do some talking with them, as well as my parents, before I give a definite answer. 4 people, who all may end up being in fundies might be tricky, mornings especially (Considering the classes may be at the same time, and each of us having to use the bathroom in the morning..oh boy xD ) We'll just have to talk about it probably at the info session. We'll see (:
    If you have the link to the house you're looking at though, I'd like to check it out (:
    I know I wouldn't mind a cat, and I don't think the other two would either, since we all live with cats atm. Plus I wouldn't mind getting one of my own...but that won't be happening till next year probably, since I don't want to have the trouble of looking after an animal AND toggling with school, especially this being my first year.

But yeah, I sure hope I get residence first year. It would be best.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D4ni3l View Post
    It's not, On the tour I asked a animation student, and she said there is more than enough computers to work with at school, as long as you have something to work with out of school, you should be fine without one. Although a laptop maybe convient, its not essential.
    Glad to know, thanks mate

Thanks
    I'm going to come to your cat-house and play with your cats guys ;___;
    I have 3 cats right now, can't be bringing any with me, gonna miss them so much D;
    (kittylitter is expensive yo!)
    On a slightly related note, I read somewhere about cat cafes, where you take your cat with you and it plays with other cats while you drink coffee. T__T This is real
    my name is kay~ayyyy
    kaylie-benner@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylion View Post
    I'm going to come to your cat-house and play with your cats guys ;___;
    I have 3 cats right now, can't be bringing any with me, gonna miss them so much D;
    (kittylitter is expensive yo!)
    On a slightly related note, I read somewhere about cat cafes, where you take your cat with you and it plays with other cats while you drink coffee. T__T This is real
    Lmao xD
    Aw,I just have one and GAH, he's my baby :c I love him so much, and he's such a sweetheart I'm really going to wonder how he'll do without my while I'm gone We have a really strong bond...he's not very close with my sisters or parents, but yeah..I'm just hoping he wont get all depressed like he usually does when my family goes on vacation for a week
    I do plan on coming home every weekend...or at least every other weekend to visit him (: So hopefully he'll be alright ^^;

Lol really?! I'd totally go there...except my cat gets all pissy around other cats -_- He's friendly towards people...but not his own kind aha xD

Thanks
    Hahah my cat is the exact same...
    we were visiting my grandparents in montreal one year, and there was a stray kitty under a lawn chair in the rain (6 mo. old). So I let her in and I sat with her locked up in the basement (my grandparents have birds so we had to stay in the basement). It was just me and her and she curled up and fell asleep in my lap
    And then I had to put her back outside when the rain stopped cos she was just a stray cat ;( and when I did, she jumped onto the screen door and cried for her life to get back in, and I had to let her in lol. So I stayed in the basement with her longer,
    then my mom was like, "aw fuck it, we can keep her."
    So yeah, ever since me and my cat amber have been stuck like glue. xD She follows me EVERYWHERE, like she's always within 10 feet of me at most. As I type this she's sleeping behind my computer monitor. xD
    It makes me really sad thinking of leaving her. My sister recently moved back home and brought her 2 stupid boy cats with her, Casper and Finnigan. Caspy is nice and plays with Amber, but Finnigan's an asshole and Amber is really territorial with him (MY house). It's actually a lot easier thinking of leaving now that she has the other 2 cats and she's gotten used to them and whatnot. But once my sister moves out again I'll feel HORRIBLE. :/ maybe if we live in an apartment next year I can take her... gah, but it's just not a good idea (kitty litter, I say!). D:
    And my mom loves her so much (though Amber doesn't like her very much xD) I'd feel bad taking her. Sigh. I'll have seperation anxiety. :/ *Long cat rant is long*
    my name is kay~ayyyy
    kaylie-benner@hotmail.com

Thanks
    SO for international people - they actually scanned and emailed me a pdf of my scores because I requested it. So I think you DO need to request it and you will not get a physical copy.

I got really low in animation. Interestingly enough, it was in the area I was the most confident in. They haaaaaated my character (solid 1s), who I thought I did alright on - though it is admittedly off model during rotation. And then I did decently on, well, everything else - mostly 3s, some 2s and 4s. They liked my storyboard. I doubt it's worth appealing though. The portfolio is over here if someone wanted to check it out to help them out later .

I got a 63/100 on Illustration, which put me on the waitlist! So I suppose for those that were wondering, that does in fact finally and fully confirms that international does indeed have different minimum scores. And now I have no idea where I am on the waitlist or how that'll work for me. Yay.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by okayla View Post
    SO for international people - they actually scanned and emailed me a pdf of my scores because I requested it. So I think you DO need to request it and you will not get a physical copy.

I got really low in animation. Interestingly enough, it was in the area I was the most confident in. They haaaaaated my character (solid 1s), who I thought I did alright on - though it is admittedly off model during rotation. And then I did decently on, well, everything else - mostly 3s, some 2s and 4s. They liked my storyboard. I doubt it's worth appealing though. The portfolio is over here if someone wanted to check it out to help them out later .

I got a 63/100 on Illustration, which put me on the waitlist! So I suppose for those that were wondering, that does in fact finally and fully confirms that international does indeed have different minimum scores. And now I have no idea where I am on the waitlist or how that'll work for me. Yay.
    Oh man if I were International I would not have made it D8
    I really do hope you get in!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by okayla View Post

Thanks for the tip, I just requested mine and they said they would only have it by next week. What they did told me was that my average score was 3.4

Thanks
    The more portfolios I see along with the score sheet, the more I don't understand Sheridan's marking system.

Thanks
    Just curious, did anyone go to the Sheridan portfolio day back in..I think it was November? I thought it was really helpful because they helped me pick which personal pieces I should put in and gave me advice on the portfolio pieces I already had done .I talked to the prof named Tony, who I think was actually a layout teacher?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermmgirl View Post
    Just curious, did anyone go to the Sheridan portfolio day back in..I think it was November? I thought it was really helpful because they helped me pick which personal pieces I should put in and gave me advice on the portfolio pieces I already had done .I talked to the prof named Tony, who I think was actually a layout teacher?
    I didn't. I only considered going into animation by going on a tour for illustration in mid December. Although after I decided to apply I was really upset that i missed the portfolio day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermmgirl View Post
    I went, although I did Illustration, not Animation.
    I had someone named Ted Zourntos help me with my portfolio. He was really helpful and gave me really good crit! He seems nice too.

Page 601 of 615 FirstFirst ... 101 501 551 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 ... LastLast