Page 5 of 615 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheridan Information Please!

Thanks
    I agree with you. My 12 and OAC art teacher were complete psychos, in that they'd give high marks to the most "unique" pieces. I just didn't bother listening to them, yeah they nearly failed me in each class, but fuck...I have the last laugh. The students who listened to them are in UofT studying Fine Arts.

I was just thinking that, If you're confident about your work, then try skipping Fundies and jsut apply for Animation or Illustration.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    yeah the portfolio process is tough !

i am going to an ocad portfolio day and mailing mine in to sheridan.

you can see it in my progress sketchbook thread, its in my signature below the post.

btw kenny awesome portfolio. I dont have too much life drawing, but im planning sketching some friends

Thanks
    I agree with you. My 12 and OAC art teacher were complete psychos, in that they'd give high marks to the most "unique" pieces. I just didn't bother listening to them, yeah they nearly failed me in each class, but fuck...I have the last laugh. The students who listened to them are in UofT studying Fine Arts.
    Heheheh, could pretty much say exactly the same thing if I was talking about my art the last two years

I applied to illustration (the course I still want) 2 years in a row out of highschool, however I didn't have any formal life-drawing to put in or life-drawing experience.

I tried to do observational drawing, but 2 years ago it was kinda a burden and when my portfolio was done, I went back to drawing comic-'ish stuff, and last year I was only first getting into drawing alot from life... I only produced anything that I was happy with once long after my second portfolio had already been submitted, so yeah.... .

So, hopefully this year as I'm constantly refining my skills and already have 15 application pieces.... I just have to keep replacing the ones I have as I make better ones... and uh... really work on my life-drawing.

Thanks
    btw kenny awesome portfolio. I dont have too much life drawing, but im planning sketching some friends
    Thanks very much.

And I checked out your sketch thread.... very nice. I wish I had the patience to sit down and learn real anatomical structure... our figure drawing teachers really only have time to get into very simplified and metaphorical basic forms of the parts of the body.

Hopefully all that stuff you're doing is in the same sketchbook, as it looks like it would be an awesome piece to include for illustration.

Thanks
    Really ?

Thanks!

I am wondering what sketches to include in my sketchbook actually.

do you think the figure studies and imagination studies with a few observational sketches would do it?

It would be a great help if you could give me an example of a couple sketches I should include

Thanks
    They like seeing a variety of things from observation. Namely hands and feet 'cause they're hard to draw... since your figure drawing represents your ability to draw figures in the studio, your sketchbook should represent your ability to draw people from real life in real life settings.

Include media experimentation... like if you have watercolor or charcoal laying around try drawing things with that.

Animals.... roughs and conceptual work for stuff that was turned into a final project.

I had a couple pages of my sketchbook photcopied by my drawing teacher and put on display today near the front hallway... these were them...

Sheridan Information Please!

well, that's the one I have online anyways. They're not the most anatomically correct subjects in the world... the one girl looks like she says 6 fingers for some reason.... but basically I had a couple friends over at one point a couple months ago... and while we were just lounging around I sketched them. That's one example.

I'll probably scan some new sketches soon, but.... scenery, stuff that shows perspective, people, places, objects, archecture, animals... whatever...

Your anatomical studies would be a good addition, because alot of people don't know real anatomy yet until part way through their first year there.

Oh, and keep in mind these are just things that illustration proffessors and faculty of other art programs as well as students have told me.
    So, if I'm wrong about anything, someone please correct me as I'm completing a sketchbook as well.

Thanks
    thanks ill be sure to include various observational sketches. i have to get working on that and include that more into my routine

that sketch is pretty solid

i like it. youve got leeway on me for observing

well see next year heheh

Thanks
    Hello, I'm applying to Sheridan's Illustration program for the 3rd time

First time was in highschool and I was clueless.
    Second time I was swamped with work from art fundamentals at georgian and got the letter late (less that 2 weeks left) so I scrambleded to finish the new mandatory drawing test and ended up sending in a half finished portfolio.

For option A it only says submit UP TO 15, so i think you can do like 10 nice pieces and get away with it.

I am gonna post the drawings soon in a thread but right now i gotta get back to work and head off to an indoor soccer game for drawing test number 1.

(This thread is really helpful.)

Thanks
    Good luck!

keep us posted

Thanks
    Hey thanks and good luck to you too.

Here's some of my stuff at my own thread.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...threadid=18067

Kenny: I saw your thread and I really like your figure drawings, especially the gesture ones, they flow so nicely.

Thanks
    Awesome, good so far.

I posted some of mine in my sketch thread

Thanks
    Thanks Redmimic.

I'll check your thread out.

Thanks
    Hey endregan, I saw your sketch thread and the progression of your self portraits are really intersting. Personally I can't stand staring at myself in the mirror for that long and I've only drawn myself a few times before (my neck gets really tired because I never have a good spot to put the mirror ).

Just gonna answer that question from my other thread, I am taking option A. The first year I did it I just followed B and It worked out all right but I did not like half the work. This year I am mostly doing what I want but keeping it close to B like the sheets suggest. I took the art fundamentals course at georgian instead of the one at sheridan because of the distance. If I don't get into what I want this year I am just gonna go into the graphic design course there.

I didn't read most of the posts in your thread (its long and there are more pictures to look at instead ) but I did skim through and noticed you had an appointment at OCAD. I was wondering what that was for (portfolio interview?) because I applied there and I haven't heard anything from them yet except that stupid University application sheet which came 2 weeks or so after I submitted my application.

Page 5 of 615 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast