Page 5 of 533 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Good luck!

keep us posted

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey thanks and good luck to you too.

Here's some of my stuff at my own thread.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...threadid=18067

Kenny: I saw your thread and I really like your figure drawings, especially the gesture ones, they flow so nicely.

Thanks
    Awesome, good so far.

I posted some of mine in my sketch thread

Thanks
    Thanks Redmimic.

I'll check your thread out.

Thanks
    Hey endregan, I saw your sketch thread and the progression of your self portraits are really intersting. Personally I can't stand staring at myself in the mirror for that long and I've only drawn myself a few times before (my neck gets really tired because I never have a good spot to put the mirror ).

Just gonna answer that question from my other thread, I am taking option A. The first year I did it I just followed B and It worked out all right but I did not like half the work. This year I am mostly doing what I want but keeping it close to B like the sheets suggest. I took the art fundamentals course at georgian instead of the one at sheridan because of the distance. If I don't get into what I want this year I am just gonna go into the graphic design course there.

I didn't read most of the posts in your thread (its long and there are more pictures to look at instead ) but I did skim through and noticed you had an appointment at OCAD. I was wondering what that was for (portfolio interview?) because I applied there and I haven't heard anything from them yet except that stupid University application sheet which came 2 weeks or so after I submitted my application.

Thanks
    Yeah that sounds good. 3 years sounds like a long time! About the self portraits, I know what you mean, but if you don't look in the mirror and see just shapes then you are seeing yourself and maybe it is not what you want to see. or you feel you are tired of looking at you, because you know you, right ? Just keep doing it !@ I have barely started

OCAD will send you something in the mail soon. If not call ocad. My appointment is next week from tuesday! If you havent gotten anything then you should call definitely. It is a great school, dont miss out on that option.

It is more open for the ocad portfolio. It is more like 15 pieces, choose, but suggest a sketchbook, still lifes, diff medias etc.

Thanks
    Ok thanks. I'm kinda ticked off at this university application service, I pay 135 bucks and they may have screwed me, where as in college, I paid about half that and signed up for 2 programs (oh and of course it was nice to actually recieve something in the mail from the schools I applied to, think that's too much to ask for 135 dollars?).

I see what you mean about the self portraits, but my lack of enthusiasm for doing them is almost all related to the fact it always hurts my neck because I always pick a strange way to draw myself.)

Thanks
    Just draw your head face on. theres no way you will put your head in an uncomfortable position and draw or paint it, it hurts and your body tells you because it is not natural.

just draw your head comfortably!

Maybe you submitted late in the deadline. You might not get it until after the portfolio times ! the last possibly day is february the 15th I believe ?

Your best bet is to call the places you applied to to confirm and see what appointments you have...best that over waiting for the mail!!!!

Thanks
    Well today I tried to get a hold of them but all I get in a message machine referring me to other extentions that also give me a message (its 1 : 30 pm here). I looked around at the website and I guess I'm screwed unless they have some sorta later date for some interviews. I don't even have my stuff for sheridan ready. What a great way to spend 135 bucks.....

Thanks
    Hmmm dont give up, try again!

Good lucK!

Thanks
    Hooray! I'm not screwed, and I don't have to do the interview next week. I applied to the advanced standing illustration program and they have a different interview period. The letters should be sent in a few weeks.

So relieved.
    *Snap!*

"An object at rest cannot be stopped!" - The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight

Thanks
    good news!

off to OCAD tomorrow.

mailed my sheridan portfolio in

Thanks
    Hmmm I still have to scan in the hands i submitted... but this will do for now!

Ocad portfolio

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...&goto=lastpost

Thanks
    Heya...I just finished my portfolio for the BA in Animation program for Sheridan. They're pretty specific about what they want to see that's for sure...they sent me a list of exactly what they wanted to see in the portfolio and i'm bringing it in tomorrow morning. I'd love to throw some advice your way but I'm pretty much in the same boat as you....applying and hoping not to be rejected, lol.

well....this is my first post on the site, not a lot to say besides that! but if any of you want to check out a few of the things I've sent in to show Sheridan for my personal portfolio...there are some pencil drawings of mine on my site - www.freewebs.com/jeffdalley/myart.htm

Good luck to all who apply, hope to see you at Sheridan!
    "Life is about making running changes. You can't stop to fix things. You have to mend the sail while you're still at sea." - JM

Thanks
    Hey welcome to the site, you're pencil drawings are so soft looking. Do you blend them a lot or just do it naturally. Nice texture on that guys jeans in the digital picture (i think its digital).

One more drawing and I'm done! Guess I better get back to work, I have to drive to Oakville this Saturday.
    *Snap!*

"An object at rest cannot be stopped!" - The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight

Page 5 of 533 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast