Page 434 of 615 FirstFirst ... 334 384 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 484 534 ... LastLast
Results 5,630 to 5,642 of 7995

Thread: Sheridan Information Please!

  1. #5630
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oakville/ Ottawa
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HocusPocus View Post
    Ya exactly....wat i mean.. i re-read the criteria, it said its suppose to be the same room... i was being lazy because i wanted to draw the 'technically room beside it' (no doorway) because it had less sh!t to draw of... AND i don't think they'll bother marking that portion now... cuz i didnt follow the rules... unless its not a big deal cuz the person sitting really did have that point of view of the kitchen.. but agan....not the same room... so yea IM DONE i guess :'(
    You might lose a few marks but I really don't think they'd disregard the section completely. Even though the view points are confusing and there are no shared objects (the railing and the door to the side would have helped), I can still convince myself that she is looking into the same room. You just won't do as well on the section. I wouldn't worry about it if your other sections are decent. Perspective is just one of the marks. You can still get points for line quality, etc!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #5631
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Cui View Post
    You might lose a few marks but I really don't think they'd disregard the section completely. Even though the view points are confusing and there are no shared objects (the railing and the door to the side would have helped), I can still convince myself that she is looking into the same room. You just won't do as well on the section. I wouldn't worry about it if your other sections are decent. Perspective is just one of the marks. You can still get points for line quality, etc!
    ok ya... thanks, thats a relief, i didnt think of that.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #5632
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    207
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    i need to get this off of my chest. i got rejected last year and went into fundies at seneca. i feel like skillwise i've definitely achieved at least the bare minimum to get in, but my portfolio was definitely rushed and it's making me feel very anxious and unsure of my chances of getting in. i feel a bit better now. how is everyone else coping with the wait?

    edit: to clarify, the only portion of my portfolio which was rushed were the room drawings and one hand drawing, which relatively isn't a very large portion of the portfolio but it's large enough to make a potential acceptance into a rejection :X

    does lurking this board make anyone else anxious as heck?!
    Last edited by alliluyeva; March 6th, 2012 at 12:18 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #5633
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alliluyeva View Post
    does lurking this board make anyone else anxious as heck?!
    Ugh, I know I am just psyching myself out by lurking here/Tumblr/dA/Blogspot.

    Everyone applying seems to have such great taste and shared interests and I think it would be fun to get to know them. Then I worry I'm not as good compared to them. Then I'm like, "Oh they did the test that way is that what they meant? Did I do it wrong? Did they do it wrong?" Or "I'm better at THIS part but way worse at THAT part" and then I just kinda fret in front of my computer and wring my hands for ten minutes.

    Oh internet. You made the application process more understandable, but now you're just freaking me out.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #5634
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    402
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 71 Times in 38 Posts
    Although this is my first time applying to Sheridan, it's my third year applying for animation programs. Being rejected ain't no thang anymore. So, relentlessly refreshing this thread just adds to my excitement rather than my anxiety.

    Even with the worst case scenario of not getting into any program, that just gives me a year to save up money. I'm young and have plenty of time to work towards this.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #5635
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    207
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by okayla View Post
    Ugh, I know I am just psyching myself out by lurking here/Tumblr/dA/Blogspot.

    Everyone applying seems to have such great taste and shared interests and I think it would be fun to get to know them. Then I worry I'm not as good compared to them. Then I'm like, "Oh they did the test that way is that what they meant? Did I do it wrong? Did they do it wrong?" Or "I'm better at THIS part but way worse at THAT part" and then I just kinda fret in front of my computer and wring my hands for ten minutes.

    Oh internet. You made the application process more understandable, but now you're just freaking me out.
    i completely agree.


    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialLamp View Post
    Although this is my first time applying to Sheridan, it's my third year applying for animation programs. Being rejected ain't no thang anymore. So, relentlessly refreshing this thread just adds to my excitement rather than my anxiety.

    Even with the worst case scenario of not getting into any program, that just gives me a year to save up money. I'm young and have plenty of time to work towards this.
    that's such a wonderful way to look at it. it's my second time applying and i really, really hope it's the last
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #5636
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am going to go crazy, I think. Waiting is too hard. ARGH.

    Has anyone heard how the animation portfolios were this year? I mean, the entry score fluctuates every year, so some years have better applicants than others.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #5637
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oogalaboo View Post
    I am going to go crazy, I think. Waiting is too hard. ARGH.

    Has anyone heard how the animation portfolios were this year? I mean, the entry score fluctuates every year, so some years have better applicants than others.
    I think you just find out when people get scores back.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #5638
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oogalaboo View Post
    I am going to go crazy, I think. Waiting is too hard. ARGH.

    Has anyone heard how the animation portfolios were this year? I mean, the entry score fluctuates every year, so some years have better applicants than others.
    There's over 700 animation portfolios this year. Last year there was around 550, so entry score will probably be pretty high this year.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  11. #5639
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D4ni3l View Post
    There's over 700 animation portfolios this year. Last year there was around 550, so entry score will probably be pretty high this year.
    Jeepers, how swell.

    Thank goodness for Fundies.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  12. #5640
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by okayla View Post
    Jeepers, how swell.

    Thank goodness for Fundies.
    But remember its the quality of portfolios that counts, not the quantity....or maybe im just trying to make myself feel better by stating this.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  13. #5641
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    207
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erase View Post
    But remember its the quality of portfolios that counts, not the quantity....or maybe im just trying to make myself feel better by stating this.
    haha, i'm saying that to myself as well. i'm just hoping that by this logic, i'll have met the level of quality expected
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  14. #5642
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oakville/ Ottawa
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Portfolio Status

    My portfolio's status is still "Outstanding" on Access Sheridan.

    Ahhhhhhhhhhh. -runs around panicking-
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 434 of 615 FirstFirst ... 334 384 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 484 534 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Art: need information help pls
    By mamulyan in forum 3D ART, SCULPTURE ART & TOY ART
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 1st, 2013, 11:03 AM
  2. Ocad or sheridan illustration or sheridan animation or max the mutt?
    By denaliah in forum ART SCHOOLS & ART EDUCATION
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: November 4th, 2012, 12:52 AM
  3. Need some information.
    By auctiontree in forum ART DlSCUSSION
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 19th, 2009, 11:02 PM
  4. RIT information please
    By kevin2570 in forum ART SCHOOLS & ART EDUCATION
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 17th, 2009, 02:34 PM
  5. Animation Portfolio Workshop Information Sessions at Sheridan College
    By Gerard Sternik in forum ART SCHOOLS & ART EDUCATION
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: April 7th, 2008, 04:45 PM

Members who have read this thread: 6

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook