Page 319 of 615 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 369 419 ... LastLast
Results 4,135 to 4,147 of 7995

Thread: Sheridan Information Please!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryn View Post
    If you don't live close enough to the school to retrieve your portfolio after the reviews, do not mail in originals. I mean, you can - they just won't be returned to you. Just scan/print them; keep them to a reasonable size for the mail. It also doesn't hurt to state the original size on the back of the copy, if the original is some weird size (like if you have photos of big paintings).
    thank you! this would be much easier for me since i prefer working in larger pieces =]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quick question: After I apply @ ontariocolleges.ca, will Sheridan send me any information in terms of portfolio day and all that stuff?

Thanks
    Okay, this is really time-sensitive, so hopefully I'll be able to get some help before I'm screwed. I got a firm acceptance (joy!) but the Ontario colleges website has been really screwy, I don't see a confirmation notice anywhere, but Sheridan has sent me my fee invoices, so I wonder if I still need to confirm. Or if I can give money first, and then confirm afterward.

Aside from going in person, what is the most immediate way to get fees paid? I'm looking at the telephone option, as I can't see how that would take days, but I really rather not make a hard assumption and screw myself over more. I wish you could pay online, somehow. Augh. DX

Thanks
    First off, have you tried calling the registrar's office at Sheridan? They deal with this kind of stuff all the time and will probably be your best bet, advice-wise, atm.
    I think the fastest way to pay fees but not do it in person is to fax in the fee form (they should have emailed you a pdf), or do it over the phone. But, this is speculative. Call Sheridan Registrar, explain the situation, ask them what the best option is for you atm. They are very helpful and don't bite.
    You'll have to wait until Monday morning to call though. :<

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    HOLY MOLY, BATMAN!

Yeah, so, I received in the mail not one, but TWOOO letters from Sheridan, whoo! And they are both in regards to applying, my AccessSheridan account, and most importantly the portfolio requirements that I've been waiting for! Dun dun duuunn!

So, it looks like we have to apply by February 1st, but have the Portfolio finished until at least March 1st, which is when the portfolio evaluation frenzy starts.

To my understanding, those who live within 80km from the school have to hand the portfolio in personally, but won't actually be there for the evaluation?

It doesn't look as though there are any changes from the "sample" portfolio requirements that they have up on the site, either!

I hope that answers a few questions to those lurkers out there, good luck to everyone who's applying!

beeteedubs, I'm aiming for animation. Wish me luuuck
    "La tristesse durera toujours"

Thanks
    Hey does anyone know the level of completeness they expect in each piece for the portfolio?

Thanks
    make sure they are able to see your structural work.. the thought process and understanding is more important than your ability to render.

Thanks
    anyone interested in buying an Out of print copy of TARZAN CHRONICLES (the disney TARZAN artbook) for 100$ or best offer? the book is incredibly well kept, excellent condition, goes on amazon.ca for 200-400 used.

email me at bradenpoirier@yahoo.com or PM if you're interested. LOCAL sheridan kids only baby.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryn View Post
    First off, have you tried calling the registrar's office at Sheridan? They deal with this kind of stuff all the time and will probably be your best bet, advice-wise, atm.
    I think the fastest way to pay fees but not do it in person is to fax in the fee form (they should have emailed you a pdf), or do it over the phone. But, this is speculative. Call Sheridan Registrar, explain the situation, ask them what the best option is for you atm. They are very helpful and don't bite.
    You'll have to wait until Monday morning to call though. :<
    Though, it is way, way overdue, thank you so much for your reply! 8)

I got it all sorted out! Now, I just need to find a room, somewhere. D8

Thanks
    Hello everyone I'm applying to animation 2010, and i have a few quick questions:

for storyboarding: all the examples online I've seen, they are all done on 4 panel storyboard template, where can i get those? i've done my story board just on just a 8.5 x 11 paper, will sheridan not accept my portfolio if its not done on the 4 panel storyboard?

also let me get this straight, i have to APPLY to ontariocolleges by feb 1, but do i HAVE to send in my portfolio by that date as well? or is it you apply first, and submit portfolio later like during march?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Visona View Post
    Hello everyone I'm applying to animation 2010, and i have a few quick questions:

for storyboarding: all the examples online I've seen, they are all done on 4 panel storyboard template, where can i get those? i've done my story board just on just a 8.5 x 11 paper, will sheridan not accept my portfolio if its not done on the 4 panel storyboard?

also let me get this straight, i have to APPLY to ontariocolleges by feb 1, but do i HAVE to send in my portfolio by that date as well? or is it you apply first, and submit portfolio later like during march?
    Hey, I applied for next year's animation too Maybe I can help a little...

For the storyboard, they will provide it for you. Usually after you've applied, they will send you a mail with your username and password so you can log in into their portal, where you can see you application status and all the requirements needed. That's where you'll get the storyboard (you download it) and all the applicant information.

As for the application, since I'm an international student, I don't apply through ontariocolleges, so I don't know much. But for me, I didn't submit the portfolio right away. I applied first, then will submit it later on the first week of March.

Hope that helps

Thanks
    Hey guys! I've been lurking around this Sheridan thread for ages, but I've never gathered enough courage to post something...

After both of my Illustration and Animation portfolios were utterly rejected in March 2009, I've decided to give in and have a go at the Art Fundamentals program. Now that my first semester is through, I'm actually glad that I was rejected and that I went for Fundies instead. This year, I was asked to be a volunteer (hourly pay!) in the Open House for the Fundies program, where I was able to draw from a professional model that dressed as a cowboy and a chef for 4 whole hours. I think Animation students need to wait until they're in third year to have this grand opportunity (I don't remember which year in Illustration). A few of my assignments were also displayed in the corridors among other talented students in our program, which was a neat experience. Looking at my works while walking back and forth from class to class made me realize how much work I still need to do!!

In my opinion, the program is as useless as you make it out to be. Don't depend on the curriculum and professors alone, ask them to review your portfolio and your assignments outside of the classroom! The true magic begins when you work the extra mile.

I still have another semester left and it only gets better from there! I can't wait! I have a good feeling for this year's portfolio review compared to my last one.

Thanks
    How long does the language assessment have to be (if they assign a length at all), and how many topics did you have to choose from? I spoke with somebody in one of the offices, and it's apparently supposed to be really short? I have to do it tomorrow, but I also have very important plans on the same day, so I'm just trying to think of how much time I might need to write it.

And while I'm preeeeeeetty sure it was mentioned and discussed in the thread earlier, I don't remember the exact details, but I had a question about applying to Illustration, as well. I don't have University English, and I think somebody else was in the same boat, but was it possible to just take a test or a small course, or something to make up for it?

Page 319 of 615 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 369 419 ... LastLast