Sheridan Information Please! - Page 266
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 266 of 267 FirstFirst ... 166 216 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,980 of 7997
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hiya

Yes i had to take 4th year off... so i am returning to finish my degree.

Digital is taught along with everything... but if you "Push" tech and only take those courses yes, you learn alot more.

The number of materials you'll use is mindboggling. I couldn't begin to say what they used on the walls.

Blue Maroon: They don't release scheduals until mid august. Look in your Access Sheridan account. Be sure to change the "Week" you're looking at to "September"

"Good art is just the basics done really well over and over again." - Jonathan Barker

Watch out for the dream killers. They'll tell you to quit, they'll say you'll never make it, they'll say you're crazy, they'll say they have your best interests at heart... And if you listen to them they're right.

Website
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMaroon View Post
    Does anyone know when we get our schedules or when our classes start ect? It's getting pretty close to school and I'm kinda fretting that maybe I'm not finding it in the right place or something
    I believe we're getting our schedules mid-August. Orientation is August 28 and classes start September 9

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    is there a sign up for winter 2013 for the animation program

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi! Long time reader of the forum (although I can't seem to retrieve my password for my old account). Wondering if I'd be able to get some input?

I intend to apply for the animation program next fall. In the meantime I'd like to build my skills and develop a strong portfolio while working in design/motion graphics to earn money for tuition. Drawing was my first love, did it as a toddler and all throughout high school back in the day, but in addition to doing things on my own I think it'd be beneficial to be in an environment where I can get feedback on my work and steer me in the direction of getting accepted into the program.

Would anyone be able to recommend inexpensive classes or workshops? I've been considering the Animation Portfolio Workshop for awhile but I'm hesitant since it'll put a strain on me financially if I register. So I'm also considering other options. Does Sheridan have any drawing courses through Continuing Ed? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does anybody know if you can do monsters for the character design portion of the portfolio?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If anyone's interested in knowing about Art Fundamentals, I'm here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does anybody know if you can do monsters for the character design portion of the portfolio?
    Hey! I assume this is for the animation program

Anything goes as for the character! Personally i would play it a little conservative and do something with two legs, a body, and a head and such.

Would anyone be able to recommend inexpensive classes or workshops? I've been considering the Animation Portfolio Workshop for awhile but I'm hesitant since it'll put a strain on me financially if I register. So I'm also considering other options. Does Sheridan have any drawing courses through Continuing Ed? Anyone have any suggestions?
    There was an open life drawing course this summer for anyone. I imagine you can see if they hold those again. That would really improve your chances for getting in if you work hard at it.

Failing that, just draw a lot! Course or no put in lots of pencil miles!

"Good art is just the basics done really well over and over again." - Jonathan Barker

Watch out for the dream killers. They'll tell you to quit, they'll say you'll never make it, they'll say you're crazy, they'll say they have your best interests at heart... And if you listen to them they're right.

Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by raaid View Post
    Hi! Long time reader of the forum (although I can't seem to retrieve my password for my old account). Wondering if I'd be able to get some input?

I intend to apply for the animation program next fall. In the meantime I'd like to build my skills and develop a strong portfolio while working in design/motion graphics to earn money for tuition. Drawing was my first love, did it as a toddler and all throughout high school back in the day, but in addition to doing things on my own I think it'd be beneficial to be in an environment where I can get feedback on my work and steer me in the direction of getting accepted into the program.

Im taking these life drawing classes at visual arts brampton its 12 bucks to get in and you get about 4 hours of life drawing. So every tuesday up until the due date thats what I will be working on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Dark View Post
    There was an open life drawing course this summer for anyone. I imagine you can see if they hold those again. That would really improve your chances for getting in if you work hard at it.

Failing that, just draw a lot! Course or no put in lots of pencil miles!
    Thanks, I'll look into it. Do you know if these are instructor-lead or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickels View Post
    Im taking these life drawing classes at visual arts brampton its 12 bucks to get in and you get about 4 hours of life drawing. So every tuesday up until the due date thats what I will be working on.
    Thanks, I'll look into this as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, I'll look into it. Do you know if these are instructor-lead or not?
    I don't think so.

You might also want to try online courses that give you exercises and feedback.

This site is well developed. I used it for a month or two and did not waste my money: Drawing Tutorials Online

Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys I need some help. I have no idea about the breadth elective courses. There are 6 choices and I dont know which one is better to choose. Any suggestion?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The life drawing classes at visual arts Brampton are $10 now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guys, is anyone planning on applying for animation or illustration or anything at all this year? I feel rather lonely going here every day and expecting a new reply in this thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by hollman View Post
    Guys, is anyone planning on applying for animation or illustration or anything at all this year? I feel rather lonely going here every day and expecting a new reply in this thread.
    I'm applying in the spring so I can get in for the Sept 2013 class. Maybe we can help each other out on portfolios?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by hollman View Post
    I'll be re applying for animation, I suppose. Honestly, still a bit fumed and bitter about this year.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys I've just applied for Sheridan's Animation and Illustration. Are they going to send us directions about what we're supposed to do or should we just follow what's on the website?

Good luck to all applicants!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Lycoris:
    I'm pretty sure you just follow what's on the website.. from what I remember! If you have any concerns or anything you can contact the school for sure.

Good luck to you guys!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MichySoong For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, if theres anyone still posting here, I'm working on an animation portfolio now, perhaps we can all help each other? I'd seriously love any critique on what I already have.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Denaliah, Lycoris and Offical Lamp. I'm applying too, perhaps us hopefuls can help eachother? With like portfolio looks overs and what not. It's abit early, but no time like the present.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^ Hey guys, yeah, I think that's a good idea!

I have no idea how to do the character rotation. Is there any model sheet for it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnstar View Post
    Hello, Denaliah, Lycoris and Offical Lamp. I'm applying too, perhaps us hopefuls can help eachother? With like portfolio looks overs and what not. It's a bit early, but no time like the present.
    Yes, I agree. Let's get things started super early this year instead of waiting for the last month.
    I'm thinking that I'll use digital paintings as my personal work this year. Think something like this would be taken well? Or should I stick to traditional media?
    Name:  vase.png
Views: 587
Size:  206.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^ Whoa that's really good!!! I can't even work with photoshop (since I don't have one and stuff lol).

Are you applying for animation and illustration? I think working with digital is fine for both as long as they're observational. At least, that's from what I know. Maybe more still life instead of one object and you'll have one awesome portfolio piece!

Edit: I think they might look for more traditional than digital in animation. Just my thought.

Last edited by Lycoris; October 19th, 2012 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Lycoris - Well, there are ways of, ahem, <i>acquiring</i> it. Adobe offers trials on their website and, um, there are other means. There's also free digital art programs like GIMP that should serve just as well for this sort of thing.

I'm just applying for animation.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^ GIMP sounds good. I guess I'll try that. Thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    ^ GIMP sounds good. I guess I'll try that. Thanks!
    If you're going to try digital painting, I recommend this guy's site: http://www.ctrlpaint.com/

28. The Following User Says Thank You to OfficialLamp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome site there! It tells you everything, lol. Thanks a bunch!!

For the illustration portfolio, should I paint/draw/stuff on 8.5 x 11 inch paper/material? I have no idea how to shrink my pieces down if I do paint/draw big

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good to see this thread coming back to life, anyone started on storyboarding and room drawings yet? Or got good tips on them? Also did you guys formally apply through the ontario colleges website? I think the only way to know who the characters are for sure is to have sheridan mail it to you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have a feeling it's going to be Carol again this year. Oh, I just remembered this blog: http://sheridanportfoliotips.blogspot.ca/
    She doesn't have every section finished, but still a ton of great info from a talented grad.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If anyone wants to know about perspectives (building wise), here's a website:

https://sites.google.com/site/learningtodrawbuildings/

I already applied, and I also asked one of the guidance there about the portfolio, but they told me that the infos won't come out till December. Oh well... better stick to the last year's one for now.

Members who have read this thread: 28