Page 265 of 267 FirstFirst ... 165 215 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,950 of 7983
  1. #7921
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weshzu View Post
    what's ur score?
    My score was 3.04 (:
    Last edited by Nicnak044; May 22nd, 2012 at 02:02 AM.


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #7922
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Eeeeeeee, no more waiting for me I got in guys!!

  4. #7923
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Aw, congrats Niki! You wanted it so badly I'm glad for you.

  5. #7924
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

  6. #7925
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oakville/ Ottawa
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicnak044 View Post
    Eeeeeeee, no more waiting for me I got in guys!!
    congrats!

    I finally joined the fb group. Sent a request to join anyway...

  7. #7926
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oakville/ Ottawa
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    this thread is no fun to lurk on ;;

    I just had my last class ever at FIT yesterday. ): That's over....... wah.
    Last edited by J. Cui; May 22nd, 2012 at 06:15 PM.

  8. #7927
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Cui View Post
    this thread is no fun to lurk on ;;

    I just had my last class ever at FIT yesterday. ): That's over....... wah.

    what is FIT?

  9. #7928
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicnak044 View Post
    Eeeeeeee, no more waiting for me I got in guys!!

    DO you know how many people are left? Or just that you got in?

    ALSO: CONGRATS! I seriously hope to be joining you!!

  10. #7929
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atrain View Post
    DO you know how many people are left? Or just that you got in?

    ALSO: CONGRATS! I seriously hope to be joining you!!
    Thanks again I honestly have no idea how many are left but I hope everyone on the wait list get in!!

  11. #7930
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I got into Illustration this morning!!!! Awwww yeah, happy that the wait's finally over for that

    P.S Congrats Nicki! We don't need a support group anymore

  12. #7931
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opposite_umbrella View Post
    I got into Illustration this morning!!!! Awwww yeah, happy that the wait's finally over for that

    P.S Congrats Nicki! We don't need a support group anymore
    Awwww yaay!! Congrats!!! Aha it's such a nice feeling huh?
    Lol thank you! Yes, thankfully not anymore

  13. #7932
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts

    Thumbs up

    Congrats to everyone who got into illustration, animation, visual and creative arts or art fundies.

    I have been in illustration for 4 years (Taking an extra 5th year due to outside forces beyond my control)

    I also took 1 year of art fundies.

    If anyone has any questions i'd be happy to answer them if i can! I'll check back here daily.

  14. #7933
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Dark View Post
    Congrats to everyone who got into illustration, animation, visual and creative arts or art fundies.

    I have been in illustration for 4 years (Taking an extra 5th year due to outside forces beyond my control)

    I also took 1 year of art fundies.

    If anyone has any questions i'd be happy to answer them if i can! I'll check back here daily.
    Hey Johnny, I'm entering first year Illustration come September, I'm mostly into traditional art in any medium, except digital media, canvas paintings, drawing, comic book stuff; regarding that and your experiences what can I expect from first year Illustration, budgeting, class trips, perks? Do you know anything about the new program changes, the desolution of 'interpretive' and 'technical' paths? Where does the digital media part factor in, is it i both technical and interpretive, can you choose to focus more on traditional, like choosing classes oritened in that disipline and excluding the digital stuff? I'm trying to get an exemption from that English class in first year because I have already been to another Post Secondary program with a few Communiations courses. Theres actually a fifth year in the program?

  15. #7934
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Hi Sin Eater

    I'm WAY sorry i didn't reply sooner... I forgot so bad... I literally was just reading a book and jumped out of bed to check this again. Sorry!

    Okay so you're asking if it's digital or traditional? First year for me was about 70% traditional. So you should have no trouble with that. Frankly it's all excersies. You don't have to worry too much about if you do digital art or comics or anything well right now. This opening year is just to make sure every student is at the same level going into second year.

    As far as perks - You get Adobe Master Collection 6 for about 300$ i think and the cost is tied into your tuition. It's yours to keep and never expires. You will get every new collection that comes out in the years you're here. However, you cannot opt out i don't think and it's activated by your student number so you can't trade it. Considering it's almost 2000$ or so for that same software in the real world i wouldn't complain.

    First year is alot of basic training. It's hard though and don't slack off especially first semester. I almost failed completely by not getting to class.

    Big tip if you have any sort of disability - mental, physical, learning or whatnot... get in touch with Disability services. if for example, you were dyslexic, they would offer to have your test read to you, or give you more time to read it.

    What other perks and costs? There might be a field trip to kengsinton market in Toronto to watercolour. I know i missed that one.

    You'll probably be able to be exempt from the english class.. many people i know have. But even if you don't... you should be well prepared!

    You will totally be able to do a traditionally focused program if you wish... But don't count out how FUN digital art is! You are here, after all, to LEARN things. Be eager to pick up things you haven't done before and mess with them. I HATED! Absolutely HATED adobe illustrator when i started out. Now? My entire internship was colouring comic books using the pen tool!

    Let me know if you'd like any more info. Do you want to know about Oakville?

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jonny Dark For This Useful Post:


  17. #7935
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Dark View Post
    Hi Sin Eater

    I'm WAY sorry i didn't reply sooner... I forgot so bad... I literally was just reading a book and jumped out of bed to check this again. Sorry!

    Okay so you're asking if it's digital or traditional? First year for me was about 70% traditional. So you should have no trouble with that. Frankly it's all excersies. You don't have to worry too much about if you do digital art or comics or anything well right now. This opening year is just to make sure every student is at the same level going into second year.

    As far as perks - You get Adobe Master Collection 6 for about 300$ i think and the cost is tied into your tuition. It's yours to keep and never expires. You will get every new collection that comes out in the years you're here. However, you cannot opt out i don't think and it's activated by your student number so you can't trade it. Considering it's almost 2000$ or so for that same software in the real world i wouldn't complain.

    First year is alot of basic training. It's hard though and don't slack off especially first semester. I almost failed completely by not getting to class.

    Big tip if you have any sort of disability - mental, physical, learning or whatnot... get in touch with Disability services. if for example, you were dyslexic, they would offer to have your test read to you, or give you more time to read it.

    What other perks and costs? There might be a field trip to kengsinton market in Toronto to watercolour. I know i missed that one.

    You'll probably be able to be exempt from the english class.. many people i know have. But even if you don't... you should be well prepared!

    You will totally be able to do a traditionally focused program if you wish... But don't count out how FUN digital art is! You are here, after all, to LEARN things. Be eager to pick up things you haven't done before and mess with them. I HATED! Absolutely HATED adobe illustrator when i started out. Now? My entire internship was colouring comic books using the pen tool!

    Let me know if you'd like any more info. Do you want to know about Oakville?
    Thankyou for the information. I'm assuming Digital stuff is in both the technical and interpretive programs. Actually I took Art Fundamentals a long time ago from 2003-2004. Haven't really explored Oakville, but I'll be in transit with the bus and train almost everyday when I start classes. I see some of the works by Illustration students being posted on the walls along the Illustration hallway, what kind of paper do you guys use? Are they scans or originals and what medium are they in, Acrylic, Water color, gouache? Your coming back for a 5th year, do you just repeat 4th year or something?

  18. #7936
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Does anyone know when we get our schedules or when our classes start ect? It's getting pretty close to school and I'm kinda fretting that maybe I'm not finding it in the right place or something

  19. #7937
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Hiya

    Yes i had to take 4th year off... so i am returning to finish my degree.

    Digital is taught along with everything... but if you "Push" tech and only take those courses yes, you learn alot more.

    The number of materials you'll use is mindboggling. I couldn't begin to say what they used on the walls.


    Blue Maroon: They don't release scheduals until mid august. Look in your Access Sheridan account. Be sure to change the "Week" you're looking at to "September"

  20. #7938
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Mississauga, ON
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMaroon View Post
    Does anyone know when we get our schedules or when our classes start ect? It's getting pretty close to school and I'm kinda fretting that maybe I'm not finding it in the right place or something
    I believe we're getting our schedules mid-August. Orientation is August 28 and classes start September 9

  21. #7939
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    is there a sign up for winter 2013 for the animation program

  22. #7940
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi! Long time reader of the forum (although I can't seem to retrieve my password for my old account). Wondering if I'd be able to get some input?

    I intend to apply for the animation program next fall. In the meantime I'd like to build my skills and develop a strong portfolio while working in design/motion graphics to earn money for tuition. Drawing was my first love, did it as a toddler and all throughout high school back in the day, but in addition to doing things on my own I think it'd be beneficial to be in an environment where I can get feedback on my work and steer me in the direction of getting accepted into the program.

    Would anyone be able to recommend inexpensive classes or workshops? I've been considering the Animation Portfolio Workshop for awhile but I'm hesitant since it'll put a strain on me financially if I register. So I'm also considering other options. Does Sheridan have any drawing courses through Continuing Ed? Anyone have any suggestions?

  23. #7941
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Does anybody know if you can do monsters for the character design portion of the portfolio?

  24. #7942
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    157
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    If anyone's interested in knowing about Art Fundamentals, I'm here

  25. #7943
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Does anybody know if you can do monsters for the character design portion of the portfolio?
    Hey! I assume this is for the animation program

    Anything goes as for the character! Personally i would play it a little conservative and do something with two legs, a body, and a head and such.

    Would anyone be able to recommend inexpensive classes or workshops? I've been considering the Animation Portfolio Workshop for awhile but I'm hesitant since it'll put a strain on me financially if I register. So I'm also considering other options. Does Sheridan have any drawing courses through Continuing Ed? Anyone have any suggestions?
    There was an open life drawing course this summer for anyone. I imagine you can see if they hold those again. That would really improve your chances for getting in if you work hard at it.

    Failing that, just draw a lot! Course or no put in lots of pencil miles!

  26. #7944
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raaid View Post
    Hi! Long time reader of the forum (although I can't seem to retrieve my password for my old account). Wondering if I'd be able to get some input?

    I intend to apply for the animation program next fall. In the meantime I'd like to build my skills and develop a strong portfolio while working in design/motion graphics to earn money for tuition. Drawing was my first love, did it as a toddler and all throughout high school back in the day, but in addition to doing things on my own I think it'd be beneficial to be in an environment where I can get feedback on my work and steer me in the direction of getting accepted into the program.

    Would anyone be able to recommend inexpensive classes or workshops? I've been considering the Animation Portfolio Workshop for awhile but I'm hesitant since it'll put a strain on me financially if I register. So I'm also considering other options. Does Sheridan have any drawing courses through Continuing Ed? Anyone have any suggestions?
    Im taking these life drawing classes at visual arts brampton its 12 bucks to get in and you get about 4 hours of life drawing. So every tuesday up until the due date thats what I will be working on.

  27. #7945
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Dark View Post
    There was an open life drawing course this summer for anyone. I imagine you can see if they hold those again. That would really improve your chances for getting in if you work hard at it.

    Failing that, just draw a lot! Course or no put in lots of pencil miles!
    Thanks, I'll look into it. Do you know if these are instructor-lead or not?


    Quote Originally Posted by Nickels View Post
    Im taking these life drawing classes at visual arts brampton its 12 bucks to get in and you get about 4 hours of life drawing. So every tuesday up until the due date thats what I will be working on.
    Thanks, I'll look into this as well.

  28. #7946
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Thanks, I'll look into it. Do you know if these are instructor-lead or not?
    I don't think so.

    You might also want to try online courses that give you exercises and feedback.

    This site is well developed. I used it for a month or two and did not waste my money: Drawing Tutorials Online

  29. #7947
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Hey guys I need some help. I have no idea about the breadth elective courses. There are 6 choices and I dont know which one is better to choose. Any suggestion?

  30. #7948
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    The life drawing classes at visual arts Brampton are $10 now.

  31. #7949
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

  32. #7950
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Guys, is anyone planning on applying for animation or illustration or anything at all this year? I feel rather lonely going here every day and expecting a new reply in this thread.

Page 265 of 267 FirstFirst ... 165 215 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Art: need information help pls
    By mamulyan in forum 3D Art, Sculpture & Toy Art
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 1st, 2013, 11:03 AM
  2. Ocad or sheridan illustration or sheridan animation or max the mutt?
    By denaliah in forum Education & Schools for Artists
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: November 4th, 2012, 01:52 AM
  3. Need some information.
    By auctiontree in forum Art Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 19th, 2009, 11:02 PM
  4. RIT information please
    By kevin2570 in forum Education & Schools for Artists
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 17th, 2009, 02:34 PM
  5. Animation Portfolio Workshop Information Sessions at Sheridan College
    By Gerard Sternik in forum Education & Schools for Artists
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: April 7th, 2008, 04:45 PM

Members who have read this thread: 5

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Developed Actively by the makers of the Best Amazon Podcast