Sheridan Information Please! - Page 261

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 261 of 267 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,830 of 7997
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    On an unrelated note, how necessary is a laptop for the animation program? I'm thinking of taking my desktop pc unless a laptop is absolutely essential.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kawaiixdesu View Post
    guys! or females for that matter... lol I've found a very nice house within walking distance! and I have been discussing a potential roommate so we would need one more person if it works out lol. The rent is 1990.00 so if we split it 3 ways its 663$ but if we can work the owner down to 1800, itll be 600 even lemme know guys!
    If cats are allowed and if you don't mind a little kitten running about I'd be interested. But I know most people don't allow animals and/or don't like them so I understand if that's not possible lol. Just thought I'd throw my interest your way!

Also @Nicay, I have a house I'm interested in but I need 3 other girls to agree to live with before I can tell the landlord I'm interested, If residence falls through for you and the girls maybe we can see if we can get it..? LOL Again that's if you don't mind a cat being around, plus I don't know when students get news about if they got into res or not so I don't know how long the house, or his other similar houses will be available XD;; I'm just throwing it out there! But hopefully you get in residence I would imagine highschool students get high priority!

Finding a house and roomates when your not from around the area is real hard, especially when you need an animal around like me lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by F Kempke View Post
    On an unrelated note, how necessary is a laptop for the animation program? I'm thinking of taking my desktop pc unless a laptop is absolutely essential.
    It's not, On the tour I asked a animation student, and she said there is more than enough computers to work with at school, as long as you have something to work with out of school, you should be fine without one. Although a laptop maybe convient, its not essential.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMaroon View Post
    Also @Nicay, I have a house I'm interested in but I need 3 other girls to agree to live with before I can tell the landlord I'm interested, If residence falls through for you and the girls maybe we can see if we can get it..? LOL Again that's if you don't mind a cat being around, plus I don't know when students get news about if they got into res or not so I don't know how long the house, or his other similar houses will be available XD;; I'm just throwing it out there! But hopefully you get in residence I would imagine highschool students get high priority!

Finding a house and roomates when your not from around the area is real hard, especially when you need an animal around like me lol
    Yeah, I may have to do some talking with them, as well as my parents, before I give a definite answer. 4 people, who all may end up being in fundies might be tricky, mornings especially (Considering the classes may be at the same time, and each of us having to use the bathroom in the morning..oh boy xD ) We'll just have to talk about it probably at the info session. We'll see (:
    If you have the link to the house you're looking at though, I'd like to check it out (:
    I know I wouldn't mind a cat, and I don't think the other two would either, since we all live with cats atm. Plus I wouldn't mind getting one of my own...but that won't be happening till next year probably, since I don't want to have the trouble of looking after an animal AND toggling with school, especially this being my first year.

But yeah, I sure hope I get residence first year. It would be best.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by D4ni3l View Post
    It's not, On the tour I asked a animation student, and she said there is more than enough computers to work with at school, as long as you have something to work with out of school, you should be fine without one. Although a laptop maybe convient, its not essential.
    Glad to know, thanks mate

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm going to come to your cat-house and play with your cats guys ;___;
    I have 3 cats right now, can't be bringing any with me, gonna miss them so much D;
    (kittylitter is expensive yo!)
    On a slightly related note, I read somewhere about cat cafes, where you take your cat with you and it plays with other cats while you drink coffee. T__T This is real

my name is kay~ayyyy
    kaylie-benner@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylion View Post
    I'm going to come to your cat-house and play with your cats guys ;___;
    I have 3 cats right now, can't be bringing any with me, gonna miss them so much D;
    (kittylitter is expensive yo!)
    On a slightly related note, I read somewhere about cat cafes, where you take your cat with you and it plays with other cats while you drink coffee. T__T This is real
    Lmao xD
    Aw,I just have one and GAH, he's my baby :c I love him so much, and he's such a sweetheart I'm really going to wonder how he'll do without my while I'm gone We have a really strong bond...he's not very close with my sisters or parents, but yeah..I'm just hoping he wont get all depressed like he usually does when my family goes on vacation for a week
    I do plan on coming home every weekend...or at least every other weekend to visit him (: So hopefully he'll be alright ^^;

Lol really?! I'd totally go there...except my cat gets all pissy around other cats -_- He's friendly towards people...but not his own kind aha xD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahah my cat is the exact same...
    we were visiting my grandparents in montreal one year, and there was a stray kitty under a lawn chair in the rain (6 mo. old). So I let her in and I sat with her locked up in the basement (my grandparents have birds so we had to stay in the basement). It was just me and her and she curled up and fell asleep in my lap
    And then I had to put her back outside when the rain stopped cos she was just a stray cat ;( and when I did, she jumped onto the screen door and cried for her life to get back in, and I had to let her in lol. So I stayed in the basement with her longer,
    then my mom was like, "aw fuck it, we can keep her."
    So yeah, ever since me and my cat amber have been stuck like glue. xD She follows me EVERYWHERE, like she's always within 10 feet of me at most. As I type this she's sleeping behind my computer monitor. xD
    It makes me really sad thinking of leaving her. My sister recently moved back home and brought her 2 stupid boy cats with her, Casper and Finnigan. Caspy is nice and plays with Amber, but Finnigan's an asshole and Amber is really territorial with him (MY house). It's actually a lot easier thinking of leaving now that she has the other 2 cats and she's gotten used to them and whatnot. But once my sister moves out again I'll feel HORRIBLE. :/ maybe if we live in an apartment next year I can take her... gah, but it's just not a good idea (kitty litter, I say!). D:
    And my mom loves her so much (though Amber doesn't like her very much xD) I'd feel bad taking her. Sigh. I'll have seperation anxiety. :/ *Long cat rant is long*

my name is kay~ayyyy
    kaylie-benner@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SO for international people - they actually scanned and emailed me a pdf of my scores because I requested it. So I think you DO need to request it and you will not get a physical copy.

I got really low in animation. Interestingly enough, it was in the area I was the most confident in. They haaaaaated my character (solid 1s), who I thought I did alright on - though it is admittedly off model during rotation. And then I did decently on, well, everything else - mostly 3s, some 2s and 4s. They liked my storyboard. I doubt it's worth appealing though. The portfolio is over here if someone wanted to check it out to help them out later .

I got a 63/100 on Illustration, which put me on the waitlist! So I suppose for those that were wondering, that does in fact finally and fully confirms that international does indeed have different minimum scores. And now I have no idea where I am on the waitlist or how that'll work for me. Yay.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by okayla View Post
    SO for international people - they actually scanned and emailed me a pdf of my scores because I requested it. So I think you DO need to request it and you will not get a physical copy.

I got really low in animation. Interestingly enough, it was in the area I was the most confident in. They haaaaaated my character (solid 1s), who I thought I did alright on - though it is admittedly off model during rotation. And then I did decently on, well, everything else - mostly 3s, some 2s and 4s. They liked my storyboard. I doubt it's worth appealing though. The portfolio is over here if someone wanted to check it out to help them out later .

I got a 63/100 on Illustration, which put me on the waitlist! So I suppose for those that were wondering, that does in fact finally and fully confirms that international does indeed have different minimum scores. And now I have no idea where I am on the waitlist or how that'll work for me. Yay.
    Oh man if I were International I would not have made it D8
    I really do hope you get in!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by okayla View Post

Thanks for the tip, I just requested mine and they said they would only have it by next week. What they did told me was that my average score was 3.4

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The more portfolios I see along with the score sheet, the more I don't understand Sheridan's marking system.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just curious, did anyone go to the Sheridan portfolio day back in..I think it was November? I thought it was really helpful because they helped me pick which personal pieces I should put in and gave me advice on the portfolio pieces I already had done .I talked to the prof named Tony, who I think was actually a layout teacher?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermmgirl View Post
    Just curious, did anyone go to the Sheridan portfolio day back in..I think it was November? I thought it was really helpful because they helped me pick which personal pieces I should put in and gave me advice on the portfolio pieces I already had done .I talked to the prof named Tony, who I think was actually a layout teacher?
    I didn't. I only considered going into animation by going on a tour for illustration in mid December. Although after I decided to apply I was really upset that i missed the portfolio day.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I went, although I did Illustration, not Animation.
    I had someone named Ted Zourntos help me with my portfolio. He was really helpful and gave me really good crit! He seems nice too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I did (: I talked with Mark; I believe he's one of the head profs for animation. I was 5th in line the day I went, thankfully, because it seemed like they got tired of looking at portfolios as the day went on, and were really harsh towards those further in line
    Anywho, it was very helpful for me too (: I originally had my bird character with one wing sticking out for the turn around ( since my mentor suggested for me to do that) but the prof told me to keep it folded in, gave me a few tips on the rest of it as well as my life drawings. That's all I really had finished for him though; the rest were just a bunch of additional works so he can see my range in style and artistic abilities. Back then he told me (and was really friendly throughout the whole process) that I was 'in the ball park', which he was right about since I'm currently STILL on the wait list xD
    Gah, I hope I hear back where I am on it soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For anyone who keeps checking this forum like me and not seeing any updates, check out this animation in your spare time, it so awesome and such great directing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ZmM...ure=plpp_video

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueMaroon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For anyone who keeps checking this forum like me and not seeing any updates, check out this animation in your spare time, it so awesome and such great directing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ZmM...ure=plpp_video
    Woah, that was incredible, do you know if that's student work?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    gobelins students, they really create marvels over there.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by F Kempke View Post
    gobelins students, they really create marvels over there.
    Agreed! I am awestruck by almost every animation that comes out of that school!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Agreed! I am awestruck by almost every animation that comes out of that school!
    Sheridan has got some talent too! Loved this guy's animation, shame it isn't finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ5zi...4cAHT4kSYgADAA

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi guys, not sure if any of you know this. I was a former animation student at Sheridan and I applied for advanced standing for Illustration and have gotten a score of 85. However, they declined my advanced standing and gave me a first year offer. Any of you think I can appeal this? I am very confused who I should contact regarding the appealing and they haven't told me the reason for rejecting me they just said others might had a stronger portfolio than me and the spaces are very limited.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdfegab View Post
    Hi guys, not sure if any of you know this. I was a former animation student at Sheridan and I applied for advanced standing for Illustration and have gotten a score of 85. However, they declined my advanced standing and gave me a first year offer. Any of you think I can appeal this? I am very confused who I should contact regarding the appealing and they haven't told me the reason for rejecting me they just said others might had a stronger portfolio than me and the spaces are very limited.
    its better you just call in and ask. The appeal ends on the 20th so better hurry and find out what's wrong before the date.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, does anyone know when osap applications start for next year?

http://omarsanimation.blogspot.ca/

"We all have 10,000 bad drawings in us, the sooner we get them out the better."
    Walt Stanchfield

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by elhindi23 View Post
    Hey, does anyone know when osap applications start for next year?
    I was wondering the same thing because the 2012/2013 program years are not up yet, but I did get an estimate :|

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was wondering the same thing because the 2012/2013 program years are not up yet, but I did get an estimate :|
    I think it's sometime in May, I'm not entirely too sure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdfegab View Post
    I'm in first year Illustration right now and I only know of one person who isn't going into second year (and even that I'm not certain of because I just heard it through the grapevine), so I think there may be only 1 or 2 spots they need to fill. Probably they had higher scored applicants, and therefore couldn't offer you a spot :c Just my guess but I know of hardly anyone in first year leaving and not going into second year.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Callykitty View Post
    I'm in first year Illustration right now and I only know of one person who isn't going into second year (and even that I'm not certain of because I just heard it through the grapevine), so I think there may be only 1 or 2 spots they need to fill. Probably they had higher scored applicants, and therefore couldn't offer you a spot :c Just my guess but I know of hardly anyone in first year leaving and not going into second year.
    Andrew?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally got my score sheet! Apparently they didn't like my figure drawings, athough I was half-expecting it, I got several 2s in there. On the other hand, I got perfect 4s on the character section.

Here's the score sheet along with the portfolio if anyone's interested.

http://shamash.deviantart.com/gallery/36484034

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do we have our plans finalized for the 28th?

Page 261 of 267 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 19