Sheridan Information Please! - Page 188

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 188 of 267 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 238 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,640 of 7997
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialLamp View Post
    On the 28th, but it didn't go through as "complete" until a day or two later.
    Oh snaps. You're sending me into a panic again. My portfolio was dropped off on the 27th. D:

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Cui View Post
    Oh snaps. You're sending me into a panic again. My portfolio was dropped off on the 27th. D:
    I would assume that they treat mail-ins and drop-offs differently. Updating the mail-ins right away to let the sender know it's been received. It may still be a good idea to check with the school, but don't be too concerned about it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Luk View Post
    And they say they're assessing Observational, representational, personal, and expressive drawings. .____. What exactly is representational and expressive? How does personal differ from the two?x_x
    Do these four words pertain to the same drawings, or are they for separate ones? Observational means a drawing from life. Representational means an accurate drawing of the subject. Personal means something that shows your thought process, concepts, and individual aesthetics. Expressive could mean the way you interpret colours, light, and lines. That's what I think, anyway!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And they say they're assessing Observational, representational, personal, and expressive drawings. .____. What exactly is representational and expressive? How does personal differ from the two?x_x
    From my understanding:

Observational - drawn from life, something in front of you. Still life, figure drawing, stuff like that. School work.

Representational - things maybe drawn from imagination, but they're clear scenes or things that are meant to represent people. Most illustrations I think would fall under this? Basically I think it means non abstract. It's a scene or a portrait that's not necessarily of a 'real' person or thing.

Expressive - Um, I know for the therapy expressive art is basically all about process and what you're feeling and playing around with your media as opposed to trying to show SOMETHING. It can look like stuff if you want, but the important thing is just the process(I don't think I have ANY of this).

Personal - Art you made for yourself -- I included some pages from an art journal and I think it would hit this one?

Also, @J. Cui - They got my transcripts for sure on the 28th or so (I got confirmation and everything) , and it still says they're outstanding. My animation portfolio updated the day it was received, but my illustration portfolio requirement isn't listed as 'outstanding' or 'completed' - instead it has completely disappeared as an option. I wouldn't be relying too hard on the accuracy of AccessSheridan.

Last edited by okayla; March 3rd, 2012 at 07:01 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Attended their information session today and there was stuff there that I would have LOVED to hear two months ago. x_x Such as the fact that they aren't assessing you on your ability to make photo realistic works but for expression of your own art form, and the fact that everything is judged on your compatibility with the program, not how good you are. Then they tell us how they're keen about digital art and exploration with the digital media. >..< And i'm going whaaat, you can submit digital art? @...@

But oh welll, they said first year illustration students do life drawings with a focus on the skeletal frame, so if applying again, we'd have to fill our sketchbooks with that. .0.

And I still don't get how 5 minute gesture drawings can fit into a portfolio. >...> I see how in their hallways they have year 1 "portfolios" and they're just nude gesture drawings with some charcoal/conte done on a big sheet of paper that could probably be done in 5-15 minutes. =....= just how good does a portfolio have to be @__@

Last edited by Raymond Luk; March 3rd, 2012 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Had some time to touch up my illustration still life, which lacked some creativity. So I did a second one which I like. :0 Which one do you think is more creative?
    First image :
    Sheridan Information Please!
    Second image:
    Sheridan Information Please!

I like second one better, I don't really get the first one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ha ha i'm glad you do, it's the one I submitted. :]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeel View Post
    I can describe what I saw. First we went down this hallway literally decked out with display cases of animation students work. Great insight into the skill level and how quick people develop. There was about 2 different hallways with student works. Amazing to just look at and enjoy. Then we got into the "studio". THere was probably 50is-80 desks, all of them high tech (and I checked with one of the guides, there all PC)

Yes, students get their own desks to work with. I think, I might of misheard that first years have to share with one other person. but I'm not sure. When we went in and looked at the tables and stuff, there was quite alot of them. You get a computer, a tablet, a tablet with the screen built in and that thing for capturing pictures for traditional animation. It looked amazing really. high budget stuff. Funny enough, each year gets their area. 4th and 3rd were locked off to us. With lockers, desks to work on, little billboards to doodle on and the works. Prob where all animation students will be for most of their time. Then after that, basically just more hallways with more work.
    Hey, first year animation student here. Just clarifying. Each year except for first years have their own studio with work spaces in them. This isn't to say we don't have a place to work, we use the animation classrooms to do our work which has plenty of animation desks, there's also some located in the hallway as well. I believe they mentioned that they do this to dissuade first years of getting into the bad habit of pulling all nighters inside the studio, but that doesn't really stop us. >

I hope everyone's portfolio day went well. It's the absolute worst waiting so long to get your marks back. Turn all that nervous energy towards pumping out a million awesome drawings. :3

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owlu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks owlu. Our tour that day was chaotic. We had only one animation student, so it was like 100+ people cramming into rooms and hallways trying to overhear the guide. Sometimes I couldn't catch everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah I went on the same day as you zeel and I felt so awkward everytime we stopped in a weird place and then thered be people staring at a blank wall... lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't think I would mind the wait, but I'm already losing it..........

ASJDHASLDJKHASKLDJASLDJAKSLDJKSAL

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Miek View Post
    I didn't think I would mind the wait, but I'm already losing it..........

ASJDHASLDJKHASKLDJASLDJAKSLDJKSAL

Yeah, the wait sucks. I've got another school to apply to and my excitement for getting results back from Sheridan is totes overshadowing it. Arg.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, the wait sucks. I've got another school to apply to and my excitement for getting results back from Sheridan is totes overshadowing it. Arg.
    I get to go straight from worrying about preparing a portfolio into worrying about getting scholarships. Fundies is 13k, and If I get into animation or illustration that's an extra 10k on top of it. I hope the Canadian Dollar dips a bit between now and September >.>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by okayla View Post
    I get to go straight from worrying about preparing a portfolio into worrying about getting scholarships. Fundies is 13k, and If I get into animation or illustration that's an extra 10k on top of it. I hope the Canadian Dollar dips a bit between now and September >.>
    What kind of entrance scholarships do they offer? I didn't see much info on Sheridan's site. :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What kind of entrance scholarships do they offer? I didn't see much info on Sheridan's site. :/
    I've never asked about Financial Aid, so I'm not really sure. I'm thinking more about local scholarships.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How do i post a pic up here? i think i made a mistake on my layout drawings....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HocusPocus View Post
    How do i post a pic up here? i think i made a mistake on my layout drawings....
    You need to use the attachment manager found in "additional options".
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74970

20. The Following User Says Thank You to OfficialLamp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @HocusPocus - The only thing I'm seeing that's odd is the confusing viewpoint. There's nothing to tie the views together (no shared objects or anything). Other than that, I think they're alright. Good use of line weight in the first one to create depth.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @HocusPocus - The only thing I'm seeing that's odd is the confusing viewpoint. There's nothing to tie the views together (no shared objects or anything). Other than that, I think they're alright. Good use of line weight in the first one to create depth.
    Ya exactly....wat i mean.. i re-read the criteria, it said its suppose to be the same room... i was being lazy because i wanted to draw the 'technically room beside it' (no doorway) because it had less sh!t to draw of... AND i don't think they'll bother marking that portion now... cuz i didnt follow the rules... unless its not a big deal cuz the person sitting really did have that point of view of the kitchen.. but agan....not the same room... so yea IM DONE i guess :'(

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ya exactly....wat i mean.. i re-read the criteria, it said its suppose to be the same room... i was being lazy because i wanted to draw the 'technically room beside it' (no doorway) because it had less sh!t to draw of... AND i don't think they'll bother marking that portion now... cuz i didnt follow the rules... unless its not a big deal cuz the person sitting really did have that point of view of the kitchen.. but agan....not the same room... so yea IM DONE i guess :'(
    I would have just assumed that she was looking into the kitchen and the kitchen was at the top of the stairs if you didn't tell me that something was wrong.

It will be okay.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would have just assumed that she was looking into the kitchen and the kitchen was at the top of the stairs if you didn't tell me that something was wrong.

It will be okay.
    yea, the kitchen is at the top of the stairs... but still .

meh, whats done is done. i guess, we'll see by the end of this month.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You might lose a few marks but I really don't think they'd disregard the section completely. Even though the view points are confusing and there are no shared objects (the railing and the door to the side would have helped), I can still convince myself that she is looking into the same room. You just won't do as well on the section. I wouldn't worry about it if your other sections are decent. Perspective is just one of the marks. You can still get points for line quality, etc!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You might lose a few marks but I really don't think they'd disregard the section completely. Even though the view points are confusing and there are no shared objects (the railing and the door to the side would have helped), I can still convince myself that she is looking into the same room. You just won't do as well on the section. I wouldn't worry about it if your other sections are decent. Perspective is just one of the marks. You can still get points for line quality, etc!
    ok ya... thanks, thats a relief, i didnt think of that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i need to get this off of my chest. i got rejected last year and went into fundies at seneca. i feel like skillwise i've definitely achieved at least the bare minimum to get in, but my portfolio was definitely rushed and it's making me feel very anxious and unsure of my chances of getting in. i feel a bit better now. how is everyone else coping with the wait?

edit: to clarify, the only portion of my portfolio which was rushed were the room drawings and one hand drawing, which relatively isn't a very large portion of the portfolio but it's large enough to make a potential acceptance into a rejection :X

does lurking this board make anyone else anxious as heck?!

Last edited by alliluyeva; March 6th, 2012 at 12:18 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by alliluyeva View Post
    does lurking this board make anyone else anxious as heck?!
    Ugh, I know I am just psyching myself out by lurking here/Tumblr/dA/Blogspot.

Everyone applying seems to have such great taste and shared interests and I think it would be fun to get to know them. Then I worry I'm not as good compared to them. Then I'm like, "Oh they did the test that way is that what they meant? Did I do it wrong? Did they do it wrong?" Or "I'm better at THIS part but way worse at THAT part" and then I just kinda fret in front of my computer and wring my hands for ten minutes.

Oh internet. You made the application process more understandable, but now you're just freaking me out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Although this is my first time applying to Sheridan, it's my third year applying for animation programs. Being rejected ain't no thang anymore. So, relentlessly refreshing this thread just adds to my excitement rather than my anxiety.

Even with the worst case scenario of not getting into any program, that just gives me a year to save up money. I'm young and have plenty of time to work towards this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by okayla View Post
    Ugh, I know I am just psyching myself out by lurking here/Tumblr/dA/Blogspot.

Everyone applying seems to have such great taste and shared interests and I think it would be fun to get to know them. Then I worry I'm not as good compared to them. Then I'm like, "Oh they did the test that way is that what they meant? Did I do it wrong? Did they do it wrong?" Or "I'm better at THIS part but way worse at THAT part" and then I just kinda fret in front of my computer and wring my hands for ten minutes.

Oh internet. You made the application process more understandable, but now you're just freaking me out.
    i completely agree.

Although this is my first time applying to Sheridan, it's my third year applying for animation programs. Being rejected ain't no thang anymore. So, relentlessly refreshing this thread just adds to my excitement rather than my anxiety.

Even with the worst case scenario of not getting into any program, that just gives me a year to save up money. I'm young and have plenty of time to work towards this.
    that's such a wonderful way to look at it. it's my second time applying and i really, really hope it's the last

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am going to go crazy, I think. Waiting is too hard. ARGH.

Has anyone heard how the animation portfolios were this year? I mean, the entry score fluctuates every year, so some years have better applicants than others.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by oogalaboo View Post

Has anyone heard how the animation portfolios were this year? I mean, the entry score fluctuates every year, so some years have better applicants than others.
    I think you just find out when people get scores back.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by oogalaboo View Post

There's over 700 animation portfolios this year. Last year there was around 550, so entry score will probably be pretty high this year.

Page 188 of 267 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 238 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 9