Sheridan Information Please! - Page 187
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 187 of 267 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 237 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,610 of 7997
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I actually went for that stupid english test and they rejected me! I got an 81% in english and creative writing, theyre honestly SOOOO sketchy

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welp, I feel a bit silly but I was looking over the illustration requirements while working and saw some notes on the sketchbook that might be helpful - this is from the 80km or further notes, but I imagine it's relevant for everyone.

Do not submit your sketchbook – photocopy and staple together selections from your
    sketchbook and label as “Sketchbook Materials”.
    • Multiple submissions from a sketchbook count as one piece.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by okayla View Post
    Welp, I feel a bit silly but I was looking over the illustration requirements while working and saw some notes on the sketchbook that might be helpful - this is from the 80km or further notes, but I imagine it's relevant for everyone.
    I highly doubt it. If they wanted everyone to do that, they'd put that under the Personal part. There's a reason they put it for only the ones living further than 80km away.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thing about the sketchbook is that, its just this black book. I don't want mine to get lost in the bunch of portfolios. so I photocopied em' and put them near the end of my portfolio. I hope that's kosher.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BeenaMistry View Post
    I highly doubt it. If they wanted everyone to do that, they'd put that under the Personal part. There's a reason they put it for only the ones living further than 80km away.
    Well, in the personal section it actually does say you can send photocopies of your personal work (this is the section the sketchbook is part of) but that they prefer originals. So that probably answers our initial questions.

I believe the clarification for far away people is basically because they SERIOUSLY do not want to be stuck with five hundred sketchbooks that are not going home at the end of the day, and will dock you for it. I mean, seriously, who can blame them - I can't fathom the amount of mail they must be receiving at that international center. Yikes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm, two more days till illustration portfolio thing. Is it all drop offs for illustration kids too?@_@ Would be pretty great if we had an actual evaluation and feedback of some sort. x_x Or do we follow portfolio guidelines for animation where we drop off our portfolios and pick them up after. ._. Oh well, doesn't matter. ;3;

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, there goes the last day of animation portfolio reviews. Now we play the waiting game. Anyone know how long they take to decide?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Portfolio Status

Hey everyone. I dropped off my portfolio on the 27th, but it still says that the portfolio's an "outstanding requirement" on the site. Does anyone know if this is normal and how long it usually takes for it to change to "Completed"?

Thanks a lot for any replies. I may post my portfolio up somewhere later, if anyone's interested.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialLamp View Post
    Well, there goes the last day of animation portfolio reviews. Now we play the waiting game. Anyone know how long they take to decide?
    I read on a first year student's blog that her acceptance came on Mar. 28th/29th, and her score sheet was mailed out a day later. She said it was about the same the year before too.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J. Cui For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Lamp, going back in this thread it sounds like the acceptances start rolling out on the 27th or so until April 1st or so, with illustration coming out first The waitlisters were 'Under Consideration' for a few days longer before being listed as waitlisted.

It sounds like the last few days in March to the end of the first week in April.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by okayla View Post
    @Lamp, going back in this thread it sounds like the acceptances start rolling out on the 27th or so until April 1st or so, with illustration coming out first The waitlisters were 'Under Consideration' for a few days longer before being listed as waitlisted.

It sounds like the last few days in March to the end of the first week in April.
    lol April 1st. .-. waking up and getting your rejection in the mail but no one's shouting april fools. x_x
    Judging from the numbers given so far, for a 100 spot program, there would be tons of people waitlisted. ._.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    they send out acceptances the 31st. According to the Program coordinator. I also asked about how many illustration applicants were there and he said 600, but they expected 400 portfolios.
    There are only 100 illustrations spots.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, something strange happened to me when I got my portfolio back.I checked my portfolio and there was one drawing left inside my drawing test section and it was not suppose to be there. then I went back and handed it in.since that happened I have got so much stress.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"Outstanding" to "Complete"?

Ahhhhhhhhh someone answer me before I freak out. My portfolio was submitted on Monday (27th) but it still hasn't changed from "Outstanding" to "Completed" on the site.

Is this normal? )8

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just checked mine, the transcript is completed and there is nothing about portfolio anymore O.O. I remember last time I checked, it was marked outstanding but now its gone!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mosishmon View Post
    I just checked mine, the transcript is completed and there is nothing about portfolio anymore O.O. I remember last time I checked, it was marked outstanding but now its gone!!
    Mine disappeared too!
    Now all it says is I have an outstanding transcript, which I don't. u_u

Also 100/400 isn't so bad compared to 100/1000! D:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BeenaMistry View Post
    They have to be black and white.
    Uhh, can it not be printed in color? I'm just wondering the same thing he's wondering, because when the black and white drawings are printed in color, there's a lot more visible tone than printing in "black". ._. I mean, we're not drawing them with bright colored pencil crayons or anything. ;_;

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I totally forgot about this forum.
    I just finished my animation evaluation at Sheridan too.

And uh, I know it's late but when they said that personal art must not exceed XX by XX, does it mean they won't evaluate it? Cause I put in 3 personal life drawings and they very much exceed the size restriction. However, I created a seperate thin case for ALL my figure drawings, in addition to my black case. Maybe they'll forgive me? I do know that they looked at the personal drawings because I see light crease marks from when they flipped pages.

And just out of curiosity, did a lot of you submit digital paintings in your personals? I read in the Personal Art blurb that digital media will not be reviewed. I wanted to submit one of my character vector-colour concepts along with the original lineart from my sketchbook but I was all paranoid over that statement in the blurb so I scrapped that idea. Did I read too much in that statement?

Also, I was quite surprised to see that some students brought figures to display on their animation desks. There's a high level of trust, I like that. o:

"Machines aren't capable of evil, humans make them that way." - Lucca Ashtear, Chrono Trigger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Harpey - I submitted a digital painting as one of my personal pieces. I was led to believe that the "no digital media" meant nothing that had to be viewed on a computer. Even if I was informed wrong, the personal section is only worth 8 points in total and I have 4 other pieces to help. So, I'm not worried.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Harpey: I also submitted one digital painting (actually, digital rework of a gouache painting) in the personal art section. Like Lamp, I took "no digital media" to mean no work would be viewed digitally (they proceed to talk about discs, slides, etc).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, I see. I suppose that makes sense.

"Machines aren't capable of evil, humans make them that way." - Lucca Ashtear, Chrono Trigger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Raymond, I submitted mine in color. It should be fine. I think its kinda important for them to see the shades and values so I decided to print them in color.
    @ Harpey , I included 2 digital drawings but they are from life.like I put them on my pc desk and painted them in photoshop. One was my self portrait painting and the other one was fruit painting. I think as long as you draw or paint from life, its acceptable.

Last edited by mosishmon; March 2nd, 2012 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Cui View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhh someone answer me before I freak out. My portfolio was submitted on Monday (27th) but it still hasn't changed from "Outstanding" to "Completed" on the site.

Is this normal? )8
    What site are you guys referring to? Access Sheridan? Is this only a concern to those who mailed their portfolios?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Had some time to touch up my illustration still life, which lacked some creativity. So I did a second one which I like. :0 Which one do you think is more creative?
    First image :

Second image:

And they say they're assessing Observational, representational, personal, and expressive drawings. .____. What exactly is representational and expressive? How does personal differ from the two?x_x

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by whatami View Post
    What site are you guys referring to? Access Sheridan? Is this only a concern to those who mailed their portfolios?
    Yep, I was referring to Access Sheridan. I gave them my portfolio during one of the drop off days though, not the mail-in option. D: That's why I'm worried.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep, I was referring to Access Sheridan. I gave them my portfolio during one of the drop off days though, not the mail-in option. D: That's why I'm worried.
    Should probably give them some time. Who knows how many portfolios they have to sort through. :0

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Luk View Post
    Should probably give them some time. Who knows how many portfolios they have to sort through. :0
    It's just that OfficialLamp posted a couple of days ago that his portfolio's status changed. That's why I started freaking out haha. I'll give it another week. x_x

I really wish they had given us the scores when they returned the portfolios. D:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's just that OfficialLamp posted a couple of days ago that his portfolio's status changed. That's why I started freaking out haha. I'll give it another week. x_x

I really wish they had given us the scores when they returned the portfolios. D:
    Mine was mailed in, so that could be the reason why it's updated so fast.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialLamp View Post
    Mine was mailed in, so that could be the reason why it's updated so fast.
    Oh, that could be it. What day did Sheridan receive it, do you know?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, that could be it. What day did Sheridan receive it, do you know?
    On the 28th, but it didn't go through as "complete" until a day or two later.

Members who have read this thread: 28