Sheridan Information Please! - Page 186

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 186 of 267 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 236 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,580 of 7997

Thread: Sheridan Information Please!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does anyone remember the 'event registration numbers' earlier and then later? That'll probably give you an idea of how many are applying.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How are the tours anyways? I'm dropping off my Illustration portfolio on Saturday and wondering if I should go or not. I've already been on two tours (open house and school trip).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I went on monday,

You hand in your portfolio around 8:30~10am
    You get back your portfolio around 3 PM.

The place is located in a tall building that has a weird bridge/entrance thing that leads to the second floor, it's almost detached from the campus!

goodluck everyone!

(this is for animation btw)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by erase View Post
    for those of you who went already: do you think the number on the yellow card they gave us is related to the number of portfolios so far? if that's the case they haven't gotten many applications this year..
    Maybe this is just me making a mistake, but I'm fairly certain that when I went in today that the person before me got a completely different number.
    It's possible it does associate with the number of applicants though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmm I was number 638 for the animation portfolio on Monday if it helps you eyeball how many people applied.

Pretty sure 600 people didn't show up on the first day before I arrived at 10:00am so I'm guessing it relates to the total number applied. I doubt that they marked 600 portfolios from 10:30 to 3:00 anyway.

Beena:

If you've been to other tours you might want to skip out. For the animation tour, our guide brought us to take a look inside to studios which was pretty neat though!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im so very excited now! I have my media arts and animation assessment tomorrw omg omg Im so exicted Im gonna play assassins creed rev! eeeeeee!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For illustration: Okay, now i'm worried, I read a few posts back that for the still life drawing, the second part is done from imagination? ._. but nowhere does it mention the words imagination...

"Now do a second drawing, on another sheet, of the still life but with some kind of change or transformation having taken place with the objects. The exercise is meant to test creativity"

when I did it, I thought it meant that we could creatively alter the composition of the still life/ transform the objects? @__@ maybe I should do another one just in case. ._. but it's strange how the animation people have specific wording for their port. reqs but ours are very open and ambiguous. Could it have been left open on purpose? ,_,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well different people probably wrote them up, but most of the examples I've seen were changed from imagination. They are, after all, testing you on your creativity and that's more creative than moving them!

Good luck, are you sending it in on Friday too?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can still test your creativity by moving the objects. You don't simply have to move them, interact with them. Andrew Sonea's portfolio from last year (last page of the accepted portfolios thread) shows a pretty good example of that.
    Try to get your still life to tell a story too. Have them interacting with each other as well. What change has happened between the two still lifes? How? Communicate that in your second still life.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mm thanks for the replies, going for saturday, so I still have a bit of time to touch it up.
    Telling a story? :0 Sounds like exactly what an illustrator should be doing. >:]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GUYS... for the animation portfolio .... in 'Personal Works' it says 'Photographs of these works are acceptable' <- but it says that after 'Do not include sculpture'

Do they mean photographs of all personal artwork is acceptable or do they just mean if you have a sculpture piece?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Take pictures of your sculpture and they'll count it as 1 portfolio piece, but don't bring the sculpture @_@

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just because everyone is asking, during our orientation someone asked how many portfolio's were submitted this year. He said, they got about 725. This number wasn't including our lot (which was about 50-100 people) and the two other days. So I'm estimating about 1000 people will be applying (give or take) this year.

Good luck to everyone. Definitely bring something to occupy your time from 12-3. Those hours were dreadful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoops, kinda ditched this forum for a bit aha xD Glad to see everyone is making progress with their portfolios. I got accepted into fundies, so I'll be going to Sheridan for sure in September ^_^
    I went to drop off mine today; such a long day -__-
    But I heard from the presentation today that 770 portfolios are already submitted, and only 125 are being accepted o_o So I pretty much died a little inside. *sigh* I think I failed on my layout section, specifically the room drawing. The persons perspective piece is fine, I think, but the first view of the overall room..it said not to use a ruler so I didn't (thus making my perspective look horrible) but in the example of a successful portfolio that was shown, the students piece clearly showed that she used a ruler, at least for the construction lines So I'm a little pissed off. But I think I did pretty good with the character section and storyboard section, maybe even life drawing too...but I'm not too sure aha xD
    I wish we could find out our scores sooner; I'm really not looking forward to waiting

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sheridan Illustration Portfolio

Does anyone know for the drawing test if the photocopies have to be black and whites or in color?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Nicnak Were you the girl in the funny hat xD? I wasn't sure! so many of us went today...we shouldve set up a meeting! lmao meanwhile while I was standing in the line some guy was looking at a lights poster and quickly grabbed it and ripped it off the bulletin board lmao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kawaiixdesu View Post
    @Nicnak Were you the girl in the funny hat xD? I wasn't sure! so many of us went today...we shouldve set up a meeting! lmao meanwhile while I was standing in the line some guy was looking at a lights poster and quickly grabbed it and ripped it off the bulletin board lmao
    Aha, no xD Um, I had a brown leather jacket on, straight brown hair, and I was with my mom and dad. You can check my dA, I have a picture of myself as my dA ID ;P
    I know! I totally forgot about going on here to see how everyone was doing. I would have loved to see all your portfolio's too :3
    Lmao, really? There's some straaanngge people, but I'm so excited to meet everyone aha, finally I won't be the odd one out, and actually find people who have the same interests and weird artsyness as me aha xD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I saw that light poster too, before it got ripped off apparently. I checked out other portfolios (as an exchange sort of thing). I'm not too worried. The studio looked amazing though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aha yeah, I'm trying not to be that worried either xD I just hope I get in, grrr!!
    I know right?! Gah! I can't wait to work in there 33

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The site updated my portfolio as "complete", phew. I was so worried about it not getting there, but it's all okay now. Except my transcript apparently still outstanding. I mailed that weeks ago.

For those who took the tour, do the animation students get their own desk to work at? They do that at Capilano and I always thought that it was really neat because the students would tape inspirational images they printed out and decorated their areas and such. But Cap has much fewer students than Sheridan.
    Basically I'm wondering if someone could describe the animation wing for me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can describe what I saw. First we went down this hallway literally decked out with display cases of animation students work. Great insight into the skill level and how quick people develop. There was about 2 different hallways with student works. Amazing to just look at and enjoy. Then we got into the "studio". THere was probably 50is-80 desks, all of them high tech (and I checked with one of the guides, there all PC)

Yes, students get their own desks to work with. I think, I might of misheard that first years have to share with one other person. but I'm not sure. When we went in and looked at the tables and stuff, there was quite alot of them. You get a computer, a tablet, a tablet with the screen built in and that thing for capturing pictures for traditional animation. It looked amazing really. high budget stuff. Funny enough, each year gets their area. 4th and 3rd were locked off to us. With lockers, desks to work on, little billboards to doodle on and the works. Prob where all animation students will be for most of their time. Then after that, basically just more hallways with more work.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by SinEater View Post
    Does anyone know for the drawing test if the photocopies have to be black and whites or in color?
    I think both are fine

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Lamp - I was accepted to fundies when my transcript was still listed as 'outstanding' even though I knew it had been received. I emailed asking about this, but they said it was pretty normal and it takes a while to process into the system after being received even if someone has looked over it. If you are really worried, they accept faxes!

Last edited by okayla; March 1st, 2012 at 08:59 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to okayla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by SinEater View Post
    They have to be black and white.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just have a quick question about the illustration portfolio requirements if anyone can help me Do they want your actual sketchbook to be handed in or can you just photocopy pages of your sketchbook and include it in your portfolio?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryShah View Post
    I just have a quick question about the illustration portfolio requirements if anyone can help me Do they want your actual sketchbook to be handed in or can you just photocopy pages of your sketchbook and include it in your portfolio?
    If you live within 80km, then include your entire sketchbook

30. The Following User Says Thank You to BeenaMistry For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    photocopies of sketchbook are also fine. Even if within the 80km. I'm going in tomorrow to drop off my illustration. Then thats it for portfolio submissions.

Then Mass effect 3 until I get a letter of admission (hopefully)

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeel View Post
    photocopies of sketchbook are also fine. Even if within the 80km. I'm going in tomorrow to drop off my illustration. Then thats it for portfolio submissions.

Then Mass effect 3 until I get a letter of admission (hopefully)
    Good luck! I'm dropping mine off on Saturday.
    When you can, could you estimate how many people were there?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll definitely scope out the competition. I'll probably ask about the number of applicants as well. Lots of people like to do the "can I look at your portfolio" and psyche their selves out. I try to avoid it, unless they ask me directly.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Question for carrying sketchbook in. Do I just label it like my portfolio?

Page 186 of 267 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 236 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 21