Sheridan Information Please! - Page 184
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 184 of 267 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 234 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,520 of 7997
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @OfficialLamp Hey! well what I would say is to ship it Today or tomorrow! let them know it's a very important document and needs to get to ontario by the 24th? they should tell you what you need to spend and if itll reach in time

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Lamp

I am pretty positive it MUST be sent by a courier and NOT the post office, which can take too long, and courier-stamps are done on drop off and during payment. For Americans, that's places like Fed-Ex and UPS. I'm pretty sure you can request that they stamp it right in front of you, but basically I think it just means "MUST BE SENT BY..." this week Friday!

Also, why are you using black and white photo copies?! I'm outside of the US even, and I scanned everything at like 4800 dpi full colour.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by okayla View Post
    @Lamp

I am pretty positive it MUST be sent by a courier and NOT the post office, which can take too long, and courier-stamps are done on drop off and during payment. For Americans, that's places like Fed-Ex and UPS. I'm pretty sure you can request that they stamp it right in front of you, but basically I think it just means "MUST BE SENT BY..." this week Friday!

Also, why are you using black and white photo copies?! I'm outside of the US even, and I scanned everything at like 4800 dpi full colour.
    Phew, thank you for explaining that. I really didn't want to pay $40 to ship this thing.

I'm using black and white because I'm poor. I went to my old college to print and color is like, 50cents per page so it adds up. Instead I spent that money on sheet protectors to make it nicer to flip through. My construction lines are still showing, so I don't think they'll care too much if they're blue or not.

I hope...

*Edit*
    My face when I learned the shipping cost, and that it would be there by tuesday:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by OfficialLamp; February 21st, 2012 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wonder for my character design does it have to be 'cartoony'. I tend to keep my characters relatively proportionately accurate yet stylish.

OfficalLamp: Obviously you'll be living residential, costs like 200 dollars in application and sending are small potatoes to what you will be paying in residence.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeel View Post
    I wonder for my character design does it have to be 'cartoony'. I tend to keep my characters relatively proportionately accurate yet stylish.

OfficalLamp: Obviously you'll be living residential, costs like 200 dollars in application and sending are small potatoes to what you will be paying in residence.
    No, I won't be getting housing through the school. That's costs way too much for what it is.

The only way I'll be attending Sheridan is by pinching my pennies and saving every dollar I can. And loans, a lot of those.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    But if you live so far, how are you gonna get to class?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    But if you live so far, how are you gonna get to class?
    Bus. Walking. There are a ton of houses for rent nearby that don't cost $900 a month like residence does.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Lamp - I have a cousin and a coworker who went Sheridan, and neither went Residential. The impression they gave me is that it's not like more traditional schools, and you're spending so much time with your classmates you'll end up befriending them no problem.

I'm grateful my mom's boss gave us her old printer/scanner when she upgraded, I've gone through like a whole pack of paper trying to adjust for best quality.

Maybe if we both get in, we'll be broke roommates together. The only way I'm going is -- scholarships and loans. Thankfully Sheridan is cheaper than US art colleges, for the same quality. *shrug*

@Zeel - As long as it's appealing strong character design with recognizable silhouettes and all that good stuff, I don't think it's matter. I think it's easier to accomplish those things with 'cartoonier' styles.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Lamp - I have a coworker AND a relative who went to the Sheridan animation campus, neither of them lived in housing BOTH had plenty of friends and no difficulties in getting to class. I have no plans to live in the dorms either.

I thought it was common knowledge that in every college EVERYWHERE, dorms are never a good deal except for your first year to meet people. Every other time they're overpriced for the convenience, but most college towns have good pub. trans systems or some colleges offer their own.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well alright then. I'll be commuting aswell. I'm worried about the distance but i'm hoping its worth it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well alright then. I'll be commuting aswell. I'm worried about the distance but i'm hoping its worth it.
    Trust me, a commute is not a horrible thing. When I was going to Capilano it took me 1 1/2 to 2 hours, one way. If you did end up with such an extreme commute, you can always use that time to draw people on the way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    do I need to print my name and sheridan ID on the back of each paper or does "print" mean write?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialLamp View Post
    Trust me, a commute is not a horrible thing. When I was going to Capilano it took me 1 1/2 to 2 hours, one way. If you did end up with such an extreme commute, you can always use that time to draw people on the way.
    really? How'd you handle it? especially in the winter and early morning?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all, does anyone know what type of observational life drawings they like to see for the animation portfolio?

I have some quicker ones (1-2mins) and some longer poses (30-45mins) and i'm having trouble deciding which to include. So far I want to include my longer poses but i'm worried they prefer or like to see shorter ones..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @dreamycrowdy - I wrote mine. It's a really good way to memorize your student number.

@Zeel - Having a good pair of headphones helps. Cold wasn't much of an issue for me because I live in Vancouver. Our weather is really mild. Eventually the commute just stops being a big deal.

@rauine - I had the same problem. I ended up submitting shorter poses for the life drawing section because they showed better structure, but I also put a few longer poses in the "other - personal art" section.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @rauine I would recommend the longer drawings IF theres no shading. The ideal time in my opinion is 15-30 minutes. structure is using lines to build the figure, not necessarily just gesture.

@Lamp: I hope so. I'm willing to give up a large portion of my time for this program. I just hope I can handle it.

dreamy: Keep it sleak looking. Print it out. Hand writing is probably not out of the question but i'd just print it out. Because there are marks for overal presentation of portfolio.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright thanks, i'll throw in a short one for good measure and keep some long ones.

Oh and I heard they don't like to see "anime" style drawings, but I wanted to put a sketch vs finalized digital drawing in the personal art section. Would you guys considered this too "anime"?
    link: http://rauine.deviantart.com/#/d2we9yz

If so i'll just do the same with a selfportrait or something..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, they hate anime style but your drawing is stylized not "anime" style. I would include it, if you're proud of it. Afterall when it comes down to it, your gonna have to start trusting your 'art-intuition' someday.

Keep the personal art section varied and even if they consider it too anime-ish it shouldn't matter.

Last edited by Zeel; February 22nd, 2012 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah hopefully the variety of the section saves me haha. Thanks!
    Good luck everyone!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I ended up printing it.
    so.. I'm sending mah animation portfolio, hope I manage to get in ._.

imma do illustration ones now, but I don't have high hopes on 'em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck! I'm pretty sure I'm sending mine in on Friday, the last day lol.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    From what I know, lifedrawings should be generally large. But, since the larger ones have to be photographed, I picked out a smaller lifedrawings to stick into the portfolio so they can see my line quality properly.

Would that be a useless idea that would lower my score instead though?

Also, it's only three days until my portfolio day! I'm starting to fret.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Waltz - I've seen and heard of people submitting portfolios on those days with the typical sized life drawings - you just need to get a presentation portfolio that is the standard 18x24 if so.

From the papers; the only ones who have size requirements are the send-ins, for obvious reasons -- they have to stay around and are not going to be picked up later that day.

At least, that was my understanding.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh yes, I've already seen examples of portfolios with large cases... however those cases are expensive! I'm high school student with no part time job, and I can't afford a big one which is why I'm thinking of including a smaller life drawing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialLamp View Post
    Bus. Walking. There are a ton of houses for rent nearby that don't cost $900 a month like residence does.
    I live less then a 10 min walk from the school and pay $550 and I love the place I'm staying. I've seen cheaper places too.
    Most people I know (including myself), used this site: https://www.places4students.com/. Maybe it will help some people out ~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I sent mine today - finished it in the wee hours this morning, but I'm pleased with it overall and I didn't rush anything.

I did DHL and it cost $50 u_u -- BUT it'll be there on Monday (gets there tonight, delivered Monday morning), so that's a pretty good deal. Still, between the portfolio costs and the application costs and all that -- pretty expensive just for a chance. I don't want to add it all up, ESPECIALLY if I don't get in.

I'm happy it's outta my hands, but good luck to everyone still working and fingers crossed yay.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by okayla View Post
    I'm happy it's outta my hands, but good luck to everyone still working and fingers crossed yay.
    My thoughts exactly. Although, now I get to worry about other portfolios.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sheridan Illustration Portfolio

Does anyone know for the portfolio of original artwork section of the marking, 2) Process work for a project included in the portfolio (to show how you develop your ideas), of process work count as 1 piece, like if you have 1 paper or if you include several papers do they all add up as several pieces or do all of them count as 1 piece. And how are they going to know, do we just label them process work?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck everyone! I'll be handing mine in on the 27th! ahhh!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @SinEater

Hey! my friend did that for her portfolio, so just as long as you make it into a collage or something like that or make a section for it it should be fine just indicate that it is one piece!

Members who have read this thread: 28