Page 144 of 533 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 194 244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 7983
    Thanks
    Sanby- yeah lets just say our dinner conversations are totally ridiculously awesome with randomness.

I briefly met a lot of you guys from CA today checking out the apartment. That would be crazy if conceptart slowly took over the 9th floor haha. It was pretty short meet but I have packing to do...going back home for the summer tomorrow!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    great meetup today, guys! i'll scan my sketches later... getting über excited for september now.. we're already planning huge ass beginning of the semester dinner... yesss! how did everyone like the show? i wasn't impressed as previous years had a ton more work and stuff to buy, but i guess that's because of the strike.. ah well... we're gonna have a great time next year, can't wait until the next meet..

Thanks
    Awesome meetup...any by awesome I mean moderatley cool. Sorry i ditched you and Brad, I went to the art show again. There was an amazing artist there who had his sketchbooks as the pieces, but i forgot his name. Maybe Darth can help me out, it was Matt H..something something, and he had a site that was his name so i wanted to check him out.

Darth, Awesome Haircut, i might copy it :p
    [

Thanks
    @ Taj: THEY PUT UP SKETCHBOOKS!?! bloody hell...should've went in to take a look.

I've had that haircut for years would be funny to see another guy with it in school.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    I'll take it to an extreme.
    Sheridan Information Please!
    [

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amarryth
    great meetup today, guys! i'll scan my sketches later... getting über excited for september now.. we're already planning huge ass beginning of the semester dinner... yesss! how did everyone like the show? i wasn't impressed as previous years had a ton more work and stuff to buy, but i guess that's because of the strike.. ah well... we're gonna have a great time next year, can't wait until the next meet..

Somehow I agree with you, Amarryth.......the setup is not so organized somehow......hopefully it's gonna be better next year...

----------

I guess I wouldnt be able to differentiate Darth and Taj...

Thanks
    Moiss you were there?
    [

Thanks
    Great meetup guys, was cool to meet the lot of you. Thanks a lot to darth for showing around the apartments, thats the top res place Im looking at so far!
    The illustrator who caught my eye first was martin wittfooth.
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    You know, I have to say most of the illustration stuff was a little too "artsy fartsy everything is art as long as it comes from the heart modern art - ish" for me. And it looked like everyone was trying to do that find your own weirdo style thing, but they all managed to look really really similar. Atleast, a lot of them did. That was just the impression I got. I mean, does the program force you to go into that "cartoony sketchy child like" style of drawing?

Sanby

Thanks
    I dunno, seems to me that kind of style is popular right now. Some of it turned out good, it worked with the artists, although yeah, there were a couple that seemed forced or generic I think.
    The style has nothing to do with modern art really, just another form of stylization. I don't personally like it when artists force a style unto themselves, most of the time its obvious, but whatever thats just me.
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGreenSock
    ...although yeah, there were a couple that seemed forced or generic I think..
    I get that vibe from a lot of animation people too though. For the most part I liked the 'similar' style they all had. Except for one guy who made his name tag out of lined paper and had it up with a tack...His stuff looked rushed and really forced.
    [

Thanks
    Yeah sorry our meeting was cut so short, but I had just made my sandwich and had to get back to lunch =D

Not all the work was my cuppa tea either, but there were some really awesome ideas floating around, which is more geared towards editorial kind of illustration where thinking outside the box is an asset. We'll see what everyone comes up with in a few years time Its all about skill building, and ideas are just as important as traditional skills.

I hope to see you guys again after summer and actually get a chance to talk.

Goodnight folks!

Thanks
    Was awesome meeting the majority of you all, sorry i was like half an hour late and missed out on prime sketch time! :@ Nor, i believe, was cool talking to you, and i hope you get some kickass footage of the workshop!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj
    Moiss you were there?
    No man...he was asleep until like 4 in the afternoon or something. LOL

Glad I could help out greensock....it should be fun having CA-ers living closeby to one another.

I just came back from a super awesome illustration party....waaaay too much fun with the marshmallow fight towards the end of it.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    damn, I missed the illustration show... serves me right for wasting my time at the info session

good meetup, its great to match faces with names, and darth (terry, right?) thanks again for giving us a tour of your building. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

AAA I'll definitely get some quality pictures at the workshop, force greensock to take some too *shakes fist*

Page 144 of 533 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 194 244 ... LastLast