As soon as you pick yourself up, you get kicked back down...

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

As soon as you pick yourself up, you get kicked back down...

The last few years of school my grades haven't been so great. So, this year I decide to get myself back together and start to get honor roll again. The first 6 weeks has already passed and I got honor roll. Well, the 2nd is about to end and report cards will be going out. Most teachers show you your grade before report cards come out. And my french teacher did that today. She calls my name, to see my grade, I walk up to her desk. She points to my grade, a 94 A-. When I see the grade I'm saying to myself "Yes! A-! ". I knew all along I'd get a A or a B in the class but I was understandably excited. As I walk away from her desk she calls me back.
    "Erm...Vincent (my french name)..."
    "Yes?"
    "There...there isn't something right here..."
    "Huh?"
    "Well, last year, did you get grades like this in your french class?"
    Not many people knew about my bad grades, everyone else thought I was an average student so answering a question like this in the front of the class was down-right embarrassing.
    "Um...no"
    "What kind of grades did you get?"
    "Well...C's and D's..."
    "And how come you have an A in here?"
    "Well, I guess--"
    "It just struck me odd how you have a A in here but you had worse grades last year."
    I'm not an idiot, I knew what she was talking about. What she was implying. And it pissed me off. This woman had no right to degrade me like that in front of the class for having an A.
    "I know what your saying, I don't appreciate it much. I actually try to get better grades, and I do. Then, you suspect me of cheating in your class. I don't think its your place to accuse me of cheating when you haven't caught me. Please, give me the benefit of the doubt."
    By now I'm studdering (which comes back when I get upset), my hands are shaking, my face is blood red from the embarassment of having to yell at the teacher and her degrading me. She said something else to me ask I walked back to my desk. I didn't hear what she said, I really didn't care. About a 1,000 feelings were shooting through my head.

If I was a trouble maker in school, I probably wouldn't be so mad at my teacher. But, I'm not. I've never had detention (or B.I.P =Behavior Improvement Plan), never been in the principal's office on bad terms. I'm incredably quiet in class. Most kids don't even realise I'm there.

Just wanna know if i'm wrong, or is she just a bitch.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your teacher has no right to belittle you in front of the class. Its a private matter between you and her, she should have called you to talk to her after class.

Don't let teachers bully you around. If you think she is being wrong, dont take it. If you really feel upset over the situation, talk to your schools administration and if she keeps doing things that you feel she shouldn't ask to transfer to a different class.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that's just low. The freaking nerve! She had no right to do that. talk to the head of the french department and sort things out.

If that would've been me, I would've done that knock knock joke from "catch me if you can" :/

Wanted: 30 chinamen and a zeppelin for an elaborate practical joke... can you help?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The thing about going to the administration is that they don't listen to the students. A teacher's opinion outweights a student's. I bet I'll get a slip to go to the office tomorrow, where I'll probably be harassed even more for disrespecting a teacher. (God forbid you have no respect for someone who doesn't have any for you.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can understand she thought it was weird you went from C / D to A. But I agree with everyone else : she shouldn't have accused you in front of the class. With that said, I wasn't there so I don't know what kind of attitude she had, but if she's a young / inexperimented teacher, maybe she just made a mistake. When I was in training course a few years ago, I was in a small company, my boss was young, cool and technically competent. One day though he "yelled" at an employee who didn't work very well. It was true, but he "yelled" at him in front of the other employees, and that was clearly a thing a boss should not do, that's a basic thing every boss / manager should know. What I mean is : the boss didn't want to humiliate him, nor is he an aggressive person, he just didn't realize he should have done this in private...So maybe it was the same for your teacher.

PS : I don't try to defend your teacher because I'm french , it's just that you'll get no benefit in making the situation worse...Maybe you could try to talk to her in private, saying that you felt disrispected by her public accusation, and that you can't accept that, but that there's no personal animosity on your side...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    To be honest, I'm glad you stood your ground there and then, regardless of the embarrassment factor. It wouldn't have been the same if you'd taken up the matter later. The teacher probably wasn't expecting you to protest either.

Just take congrats on the A and try not to worry about it. If she pulls that kind of crap again, you're within your rights to make a formal complaint.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There will always be something or someone to chop you down when you make a decision to make a difference in your life. It's part of the natural process of things. The only way to continue through this is to know this secret and face it head on and continue. This is the main reason most people choose NOT to do something with their lives; because it's too painful.

Keep in mind; the true gift of this is what youre actually learning, not the grades.

Mitch

There was much rejoicing in the realm of the Harvest Gods when man created the beer, light could not penetrate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Papi: I understand where your coming from. I know that everyone makes mistakes, and you think she might have been a inexperienced teacher. Well, she has around 30 years of teaching (20-30 years). And for her to act like that is no beginner's mistake. And just because you make a mistake, doesn't mean that your off the hook. Oh no-no, thats not how the world works (well, apparently in the school system it does but the school isn't the world). I know that I can't punish her, nor will the administration. So the only thing I can think of to spite her is to get more A's. Heh, it might sound corny but whatever keeps me modiviated.

And, when I get my report card, and that big fat fucking A is gonna be on there. I'm going give her it and ask her if its right. Gonna rub it in that bitch's face until the red ink of that A is smudged on her fat forehead. :evilbat:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    same exact thing happened to me in school... I've always been horrible in math, and a poor student to boot in high school. I was on the edge of failing Algebra, so I decided to work my ass off...got an A on a test where other people did poorly, and the teacher sent my parents a note suspecting that I was cheating. Those were the days....

Good for you for standing up, I didn't know how to handle it back then.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its this type of shit that makes people not even want to try anymore.
    i've been in this situation multiple times just because of the way
    i dress and the music i listen too. people just assume that im a
    theif, a cheat and a liar.
    but like you said, im a good person. but i dont let it bother me.

for me, all it does is make me strive harder to prove them wrong.
    and thats my advice to you. prove her wrong again and again.

ask her for a pop oral exam to prove yourself to her.
    watch her shit her panties.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol she might suspect me of cheating because I never seem to pay attention in her class. Whenever she lectures I draw stuff in my notebook. But, I listen a whole lot better if i draw then if I'm just staring at her. Because, if I do that I'll daydream and really not pay attention. And obviously my methods work. Also, if she doesn't like me drawing, why doesn't she ask me to stop? *sigh*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Welcome to the club!

AnarchyAo2, welcome to the club! This happened at my school regularly, at all subjects and from various teachers. I usually got Cs and Ds in most subjects (except for arts and mostly history) and when somehow (because of working very hard and taking private lessons) I managed to have a better test result (a B for example), I still got a C because previously I had a D - in order to motivate me! This resulted in being absolutely frustrated in most subjects and in hating school! Life improved a lot when I went to university.

It's almost twenty years since I left school - and it still hurts when I think of this. I can absolutely understand you. However (though it leaves a stale taste), try to remember what Mitch said: You are learning for yourself, not for grades and not for school.

I think you behaved right in standing up. I wouldn't have dared this. Kudos!

Jester

Imagination is intelligence having fun!

Jester's Sketchbook

Portfolio web site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is my highlight reel.

My senior year in highschool.

I had A's across all of my years in Art and even asked by a local elementery school t come teach cartooning classes once a week.

So we are on a semester system right, so I finish all of my assignments for the semester in about seven weeks which means I have three months of class time to figure out the meaning of life. So with nothing to do in class as to I have completed all of the projects I inform my principal I am going to teach the cartooning classes at the grade school during that class time.

I get my final grade...an F! Because I missed the other classes she used this clause where if a student misses more than 14 classes they are failed! I get failed because the class wasn't challenging enough. and get this, the one failed class had me LOSE MY DIPLOMA! I had to go back, do a make up project over the summer to convince her to pass me so I could apply to Design School.:firedevil :firedevil

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol i totally understand where your coming from. Last year, I was sent to the office because I missed 15 days of school. The principal said that if I missed 1 more day then I would be sent to court and possibly sent to juvey (the kiddie jail) for a period of time. And there is a social services woman there writing down everything that I say. And I'm sitting there arguing with the principal who basicly a walking tub of guts.
    "If you miss 1 more day, you might be sent to court and the juvinile detention center."
    "So, you skip school punishment and send me to jail?"
    "If you want to put it like that, yes."
    "Well, couldn't you atleast be human and not do that? Its a little extreme."
    "It isn't my place to be human."
    "What?"
    "Basicly, I have to follow the rules, like you do."
    "Yeeah."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heh, I missed something like 20 or so days my senior year. None of my teachers gave a shit, as they'd always let me do make-ups, and I'd always get As. I had, as I would call it, severe morning vertigo (I get dizzy sometimes when I wake up, can't think straight, can't stand on my own two feet, etc.) so I'd just take the day off since driving to school would be a huge hazard.

Man, I miss high school...nowadays, if I want to cut class I can, but there aren't any make-ups, there aren't any understanding teachers, and the only thing missing a day does, even if you're deathly ill, is make you do worse on your exams.

Sigh...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.