Sketchbook: Shawn's aka"Acidburn" sketchbook "my road to improvement."

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    _Acidburn_ is offline practice + devotion + practice = success & self satisfaction
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Shawn's aka"Acidburn" sketchbook "my road to improvement."

Hi Everyone!
    This is my first time posting on CA after studying everyones wonderful work here for some time now. I'm posting a few things I've done here at work to get things rolling. I'll start posting my studies when I get home and continue to do so from here on out. It's not much, but at least it is something to look at for now. CC is of course very welcome. I know I have a ton of stuff to work on improving, but don't we all!? Anyway, I'm excited to join such an amazing and talented community.

I hope to make many new friends and excell in what we love to do most.

about the drawings:

The first two sketches are obviously of Sarah Palin that took about 20-40 min. each.

The third sketch was done as a T-shirt idea for a train ride attraction in the Black Hills.

The fourth pic is a some vector art I did in Corel Draw.

The last sketch was just an idea for a tourist t-shirt design for the area I live in.

Let me know your thoughts.
    Acidburn

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    _Acidburn_ is offline practice + devotion + practice = success & self satisfaction
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Update.

Here are some more sketches.

Please help encourage me to draw/sketch daily and to stop being a lazy pile of dousche!!!! It's way to easy to be lazy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Shawn welcome to CA!

I was looking through the Sketchbook forums and I saw yours and clicked on it. I saw some South Dakota stuff and thought that was pretty cool. I am also in SD then i noticed your profile and saw your pic....I know ya from somewhere...you play MTG ever?

Anyway welcome to the forum and just keep at it and work from studies more and then start from there.

I used to draw from imagination way too much (just check my SB out!) and really started to focus on studies and I am noticing fast improvements.

Just keep going is all I can say!

My Sketchbook

Please visit my SB to comment and critique and help me grow!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintFuse View Post
    Hi Shawn welcome to CA!

I was looking through the Sketchbook forums and I saw yours and clicked on it. I saw some South Dakota stuff and thought that was pretty cool. I am also in SD then i noticed your profile and saw your pic....I know ya from somewhere...you play MTG ever?

Anyway welcome to the forum and just keep at it and work from studies more and then start from there.

I used to draw from imagination way too much (just check my SB out!) and really started to focus on studies and I am noticing fast improvements.

Just keep going is all I can say!

LOL. yea I used to play magic ALL the time. I was in the top 3 in the state for some time. I quit about a year ago and decided to give it up due to absolutely no competition around here. Anyway, I've been selling all my cards off to further my art endeavors. I've recently starting doing studies (which I will be posting as I do them) from Hogarth, Loomis, Bridgeman, and some other various people. I've already noticed improvement so I'm feeling you there. Thanks for the post and encouragement. It's very appreciated and welcomed. Hit me up on MSN some time if you got it. I might have even played you before.

Please help encourage me to draw/sketch daily and to stop being a lazy pile of dousche!!!! It's way to easy to be lazy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Big update.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! 64 views and no CC, or any comment for that matter. Even your stuff blows is better than no comments at all. Guess Ill just keep posting my garbage until someone decides to help me out. What a bummer.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More studies.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmm, a lot improvement in here already. The skull monster thing from last post is really cool. But you should try to think of the largest masses as possible and try to describe that, before you go along adding details.

Looks like you're on the right track, just keep doing those anatomy studies! Keep it up

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zelda_geek For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I'm back at it finally.

A recent study of blending and lightning. about 2 hours.

Name:  grief practice.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  518.5 KB

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.