Thanks

Wasp Cyberdelic |psychedelics to cybernetics|

Hi CA peoples,

Millions of years ago we take psychedelic plants to alter our god damn brain to experience wonderland of spirits, ghosts, elves, devils, goddess and create their own virtual realities within our head...which today we call it hallucination...

What about today PC, TV, Internet and Gadgets?!

When you stone in front of PC and play crysis for non-stop 6 hours,
    when you stone in front of TV and see tom&jerry for 3 hours,
    when you stone in front of mobile gadget to send SMS,
    when you stone in front of monitor to surf internet,

you loss your self, get out of reality, get out of time, you forget to eat or drink, your mind blended, your reality distorted and your identitiy destroyed for hours!!! and you get habit over time!!

Scientifically when looking into monitor and TV your left-brain become totally numb and your right-brain activity rise up...much like psychedelic and hallucinogenic drugs effect on brain...

How can compare this effects to psychedelic drugs?!

PSYCHEDELICS - CYBERNETICS
    get stone on walls - get stone on monitor
    loss your masculinity - loss your masculinity hormone
    distorted reality - distorted reality
    blending mind - blending mind
    get out of time - get out of time
    get habit of use - get habit of use
    create your own realities - create your own virtual realities
    shift your creativity - shift your creativity

* seems like only difference is you don't need to smoke or eat something and damage your lungs, in cybernetics...

Now what you think, We no more need psychedelic drugs to alter our brain?!, today we need virtual realities and sci-fi gadgets to alter our reality perception and get high?!

What about our future?! we no more have any pot-head or hippie?!
    we going to fusion with tech, machines and cybernetic mind blenders?!
    quit god damn pot and play assassins creed to get high??!!

WHAT YOU THINK?!
    IS THIS ABOUT CYBERNETICS VS. PSYCHEDELICS?!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,192 Times in 1,728 Posts
    If you spend 1 hour a day thinking about this, then 2 hours the next day, then 3 hours on the third day, and so on, at the end of 24 days, you will have no money.
    At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
    http://www.myspace.com/kevferrara

Thanks
    But I don't have any problem with money, I have my job and still thinking about this...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,014 Times in 376 Posts
    no amount of Cybernetics could ever make your post appear meaningful.

..that's what i think.
    In the future, everyone will have 15 minutes of privacy.

Portfolio
    Sketchblog
    Facebook art page

Thanks
    First off you're misusing the term cybernetics. Technically Cybernetics is the study of the structure and mechanisms of complex systems. It can be related to psychedelics in that, during research psychedelics actually help reveal the mechanisms by which our brain creates reality and our consciousness, which is an enormously complex system. However it isn't the technology by which we seek to recreate reality/create new realities.

It is an interesting point you make about the effects of various media technologies and how they're similar to the effects of psychedelic drugs, although I would say it's perhaps a little misinformed. The effects produced by TV and video games more closely match those of opiates, than of psychedelic drugs. The media has fixated on the visual/hallucinatory aspect of psychedelics, and while that is a real effect, and one that draws a lot of curious experimenters, there is another aspect, one that catches those unaware off guard and I think in some cases leads to the anxiety/fear reactions some people have during powerful psychedelic experiences. That effect is one of subjective dislocation, and while slightly present in video games and other interactive media it's like comparing a grainy 2X3 black and white photo of the Grand Canyon to being there, standing on the precipice with the wind in your face. The subjective dislocation is really the most difficult aspect of the experience to communicate with an inexperienced person because there are very few states in an ordinary persons experience like it. The ones that are, are the result of similar actions in the brain though. Spontaneous religious/visionary experiences, transcendental meditation, trance states achieved via dancing or other audio-visual driving. These all achieve, to varying levels some degree of subjective dislocation, however the ease and reliability of the experience with psychedelic drugs outstrips all other methods. This is the real reason so many traditional cultures used these ritualistically. It wasn't meant to be a fun elves and wonderland experience, it was meant to place the person outside of themselves. An experience uniquely suited for self-examination and self-realization, and in the case of shamanic use, exploration. With Ayahuasca, a brew made in the amazon containing DMT and MAOI's to make the DMT orally active, many of the drinkers report being confronted with past actions from their lives, but through another's eyes. Obviously this casts one's actions in a distinctly different light. Canadian researchers in the 50's gave chronic alcoholics fairly large doses of LSD, and provided a safe, comforting environment for the participants and found that 50% of those involved kicked their alcoholism. Not because they replaced it with another drug, but because they were having experiences that were allowing them to see, through fresh eyes, the effect their actions were having on their families and friends.

So to get back to the OP no, these things won't replace psychedelics (and pot is really just a (depending on the strength) slightly hallucinogenic relaxant/narcotic with no more real power than alcohol) until they can effectively unhook you're consciousness from not only your body, but your ego/identity as well.

Ego Death
    Entheogen using cultures

and since you brought up cybernetics you'll probably find this site interesting
    Egodeath.com
    Ia Ia Cthulhu Fthagn

The Sketchbook Lives AGAIN!

Darkergreen, My environment, and concept art portfolio

"Its all Fish-Men in the end anyway" -Sara, my wife

"Whenever one finds oneself inclined to bitterness, it is a sign of emotional failure."
    Bertrand Russell

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cthogua For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oooh thanx man, thats the answer I'm looking for....

I'm interesed in this view and read lot's of book with my stupid english grammar and help of dictionary, but still have many questions and can't find any answer when googling...

thanx again you help me alot....possibly change my life...

Thanks
    this could be a serious concern in a century or so , if more pressing concerns don't change our course...(or set us back) , first.

right now technology and man aren't ready for marriage.
    Last edited by kingshaj; September 22nd, 2008 at 07:17 PM.

Thanks
    i agree with you, todays technology still immature and not ready to produce scifi like virtual realities.

thanks to that guy, he show me what truthly cyberdelic is.

im scifi lover and seems like too much technoutopia and too much trust in tech.

Thanks
    it just wont happen, in my opinion , until we learn more about the brain... right now science is still mimicking natures design in psychotropic chemicals .

maybe though, one day, a person's anti-depressants may broadcast from their i-pod. med-cast ...straight to the serotonin receptors in the user's head.

Thanks
    and i think human race never fully understand brain @ all...like never fully understand mechanism of nature @ all...

and i think starwars never happened, because human race destroyed one day, like all other past and future races.
    this is not about doomsday, this is about nothing is immortal, any begin have end and any birth leading to death and any creation destroy at last...
    machines never help us to be immortal by create their own realities...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,192 Times in 1,728 Posts
    I agree. I find all that transhumanist crap just flat out creepy. The idea that a personality is downloadable seems far too simplistic a view of exactly how the feedback loop between the brain and the body and the world outside tells us "we are alive". It would be foolish if it weren't so obscene.

Immortality by biotech, stem cells, regenerative therapies and the like, now that could be fun! I'd love to be playing tennis when I'm 125!
    At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
    http://www.myspace.com/kevferrara

Thanks
    I think another reason that cause to this never happened is, peoples who control over politics don't want to give us free energy, because oil make lots of money for them...they never want to peoples have higher technologies in their hands with lots of free energy to use...they want god damn money!!!

Thanks
    i doubt you ever tried proper psychedelics if you are comparing the experience to "cybernetics" as you call it.

either that or the stuff they gave you wasnt very good at all.
    BLOG
    [/B][/URL]

Thanks
    and I doubt you ever see psychedelics, then I show you some stuff...

hope like them, taken from my nokia mobile camera NOWWW...

First one is my latest LSD paper, second one is my existing marijuana amount with little hand-made aluminium pipe and third one is amount of tobacco I smoke because addictive to get high or drop out...

If you want more picture, I can taken NOW...

But I have an advice for you...don't be crazy like me...you loss your life, mind, ego and reality!!!...you become living death after 7 years of daily tripping high...

and if you want to see effect of psychedelics on tech, smoke some pot and play crysis to see how stone u r and how your mind blending into computers monitor...

Hope it helps to know how psychedelic, crazy and mad I am...and better understand my altered personality...

But don't try to give me advice, 80% of iranian teenagers suffer from habitual drug use, because our baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad life in iran, can see more details in this thread:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post1937863
    Last edited by psyphi; September 23rd, 2008 at 08:00 AM.

Thanks
    i understand..i come from a pretty underdeveloped place where there's no fun or attractions and there's little choice of entertainment outside your own mind..so i know what you're saying and i saw too many friends getting ruined by tripping everyday.

anyway I feel the loss of time/awereness while absorbed into something very involving is closer to meditation than it is to tripping..

but, if it works kinda the same way for you then you should think about playing crysis more and using blots less
    BLOG
    [/B][/URL]

Thanks
    "playing crysis more and using blots less" thats what I exactly try to do...but in reality we can't compare this two...and that is why still using blots!!!

you know, when you don't have good job, don't have fun, don't have good social relationships, don't have freedom of speech, don't have somewhere to free your adult energy, when you can't hold your girlfriend hand and walk in street...You get depression and you don't want to live any more...

I know you understand problem...I'm hopeless enough to take higher doses and experience out-of-body experience without any fear or panick of dying, because I fall in love with death and try to leaving life (or leaving iran!!)...
    Last edited by psyphi; September 23rd, 2008 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks
    ohhh I forget to send this!!!

this is amazing persian hashish I buy today, because my marijuana going to end...

you know price of good hash in Iran?!?!
    just 5$ for 20grm, near free!!! and cool thing is, there is no Soap-bar in Iran!

I love hash more than marijuana, because have more THC, have smoother smell and you smoke less to get very high!! also when eating this shit, effect compare to psilocybin mushrooms!!

I think Moderators going to banned my account, because turn CA.org into Erowid.com, but plz don't do it, because ART have strong relationship with psychedelic drugs!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psyphi View Post
    I think another reason that cause to this never happened is, peoples who control over politics don't want to give us free energy, because oil make lots of money for them...they never want to peoples have higher technologies in their hands with lots of free energy to use...they want god damn money!!!

i absolutly agree with you here, all energy should be FREE. The back engineered technology, and primitive fuels that we use is our slavery.