C.O.W. - #125: Waterfall Queen - VOTING!

View testimonialsView Artwork

View Poll Results: Vote for your fav entry! No self-voting!

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Relic

0 0%
  • thesaint

3 3.53%
  • Rizza

2 2.35%
  • JakkaS

52 61.18%
  • Lander

2 2.35%
  • EBrown

0 0%
  • Soulweaver

8 9.41%
  • jhagen22

0 0%
  • scorge

17 20.00%
  • Tommoy

1 1.18%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow C.O.W. - #125: Waterfall Queen - VOTING!

ROUND #125 VOTING

Topic: Waterfall Queen

Deadline for the voting: Wednesday, 08 October 2008

Posting thread (closed):
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136640

------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK - before voting/posting read this!!!

1. Please give c&c or a reason why you voted for the image!

2. Feel free to comment on any or all entries, the artists will appreciate it!

3. No voting for your own entry!!! If a participants votes for his own entry, every member has the right to call him a stupid lame moron in this thread! And i will delete his/her vote anyway...

4. The poll is public. Your vote will be seen.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Fozzybar; September 30th, 2008 at 04:37 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Artist: Relic

Concept: Niagara Limuloid Titan
    Niagara limuloid titan is the biggest limuloid titan in the world.Because of its gigantean size,it can't just simply eat a lot to survive.
    It has a water turbine like structure on its belly,called pedrail shutter.Drived by the current,pedrail shutter running produces electric power.
    Niagara limuloid titan uses the electric power as its energy of the body.For this reason,this kind of animal just can be found around rip current range or massive waterfall.It lives a pretty bored life,in its most time,it just sit there and generates electricity.

AhChu is offline Be not afraid of learning slowly, be afraid of standing still.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    REJECTED - NOT IN THE POLL

Artist: AHCHU

Concept: TRIMANNE

Adventures alike stalk these creatures down to see the amazing giant water falls that escape once the pressure seals burst to release the water that is collected in it's giant crown, unfortunately the best seats in the house are usually up very big mountains, but it is worth the climb.
    During Hibination the Trimanne, sprays a hillside down with it stomach fluids which start breaking down rock, so it can nestle on in for up to 20years.
    The longest living Trimanne lasted up to 200years, before old age finally caught up on it.
    These wonderful creature a very placid, and only feed on rocks, their strong stomach fluids being able to break rocks down to absorb the minerals can keep these lumbering fortresses moving for quite some time.

Last edited by Fozzybar; October 1st, 2008 at 06:54 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 491 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Artist: Maxim Verehin

Concept: Deadfall

This creature will attack always unexpectedly, immediately swallowing its victim. It extremely voracious, at day can eat ten or more human-size creatures. Recook process speeds up with the help of intestine pipes. When victim was recooked, from special hole result separations. This reminds small waterfall, for that, creature has got its name.

Last edited by Fozzybar; October 1st, 2008 at 06:53 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Name:  cow#125_Bushido.jpg
Views: 3282
Size:  288.8 KB
    Artist: Bushido

Concept: Zraha

This is an strange creature that lives in the risks of the waterfalls must be fed by her larves, and is not capable of surviving if is not in direct contact with water.
    Her eggs are deposited in the nearby caves, and like some insects colonies the queen is the only capable to put eggs.

"The superior man is distressed by the limitations of his ability; he is not distressed by the fact that men do not recognize the ability that he has."

My BLOG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Artist: nubb

Concept: Nuririn

Nuririn was imprisoned by town settlers because she was very ugly. Now she waits for lost travellers seeking for shelter or lovers seeking for romance to eat them and fall a sleep for months. Just to wake up one day and wait again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Thesain

Concept: Waterfall Megalanion
    The huge beasts that lives under the waterfalls of Nonjora and the Nith Valley are lonely creatures, their eggs are caried away by the river where it hatches alone.
    People that live near of a waterfal always fear the Megalanion and they never get too much fish from the rivers, if they do so, they might anger it and be atacked.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow Waterfall Queen

Artist: Angela Rizza Rizza

Concept: The Waterfall Queen
    The Waterfall Queen can be found dwelling in the caves and outlets hidden behind waterfalls. To feed they would protrude their long lower jaws beneath the running water of the falls to catch any fish or vegetation coming down, filtering out any of the water through a series of small holes using the water pressure and devouring the rest. The species have been given the name Queens because of the low birth rate of males in the population, one out of every 100 Waterfall Queens born would be a male. The only reason the population hasn't disappeared yet is because the males have triple the life-span of the females, letting them mate with thousands of females per lifetime.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: JakkaS

Concept: Neegeeree
    A beautiful as a flower, the Waterfall Queen lives in the middle of the falling water stream....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Artist: Lander

Concept: Royal Harr
    This ass end up position has given the Royal Harr it's name. The characteristic crown of tentacles rides the upper half of the waterfall.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Artist: Tommoy

Concept: Fionout
    In the forgotten dreams of Rimm lived the Fionout, her body containing small pockets of water, and within these pockets she grows her waterfluwes, the flying colorfull offspring of her majesties queen of Rimm.

Last edited by Fozzybar; October 2nd, 2008 at 08:47 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Artist: EBrown

Concept: The Allabel

The Allabel, better known as the "Waterfall Queen", is a rare creature of the forest. So rare, in fact, that many hunters count the sighting of these animals as a marvelous blessing of good fortune. Allabels are said to have been personally crafted by the Goddess of Beauty, Fila, in a contest to make the most dazzling animal in the world. Thus, they represent the 'ideal' of both beauty and grace.

Allabels gain their commoner name from their mating rituals. During most of the year they will cake their glorious manes in mud and oils to camouflage themselves with the forest. They also have keen senses and can move with unbelievable speed even in dense jungle, thus, these creatures are all but impossible to find. However, when it comes time for them to mate, they will migrate to one of many waterfalls mapped in their instinctual minds. There, they rinse off their muddy swaths and attempt to attract partners with their brilliant colors. Ironically, though referred to as "Waterfall Queens", it is only the males who make these marvellous displays. Females prefer to remain deep in the jungle and warble to a male whom they have deemed suitable. Once the ritual is over, they will once again cover up their colors and migrate.

The only time a person can hope to glimpse these animals well is when they appear at these waterfalls. One is considered lucky to see this once in their lifetime.

Artists have such a magnificent gift...breathing life into something with just simple lines.

The Sketchbook: Life through Line

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Soulweaver

Concept: Zhvati
    These underground river dwellers require the constant flow of water to aerate their pearl-like eggs. Prime nesting sites are in short supply along underground riverbeds, so females will often fight over good locations. Waterfalls in particular are bitterly contested, since they are easily defended against predators who would otherwise devour their stash of delicious eggs. The victorious females can become quite large and are known as Waterfall Queens.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it" -- Confucius

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -- Albert Einstein

Pixelestial's Gallery

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: jhagen22

Concept: The Waterfall Queen

This rare creature nick-named the "Waterfall Queen" was discovered by native cliff divers in Hawaii. Its nick-name comes from the 'crown' of claws surrounding its head that it uses to hold onto rock outcroppings within the waterfall.
    It has been theorized that this crustacean evolved from a sea dwelling habitat to hanging on rocks behind high waterfalls. The higher, the more appealing. The waterfall queen is born and dropped from its mother high up above the water in the waterfall. It grows and climbs its way up the waterfall. As it ages, it jostles for position higher up the waterfall.
    The tendrils of a waterfall queen act much like those of a jellyfish. Then hang down and catch fish coming down the waterfall stream.

Last edited by jhagen22; September 30th, 2008 at 01:16 PM.
    Josh

My Website:
    www.joshhagen.com

My Sketchbook:
    My New Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Artist: Christopher Bonner

Concept: Giant Agrathian Waterfall barnacle.

The reason why the natives of the Rain forests of Agrathia are afraid to go over the edge of most water falls in the area is not because of the height of the water falls. It is because of what lies in wait for any who can not outrun the current and are swept to the bottom of the river where the Giant barnacles siphon the water for any and all living debris that has been thrown over board when hitting the rocks below. For those unfortunate travelers that happen to fall from the waterfall are in immediate danger from this creature, if the fall does not kill the unlucky adventures, then the giant Agrithian Waterfall barnacles will surely devourer them. The natives have come to call these allusive predators "Waterfall Queen's ".

Last edited by Fozzybar; October 1st, 2008 at 06:55 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,893 Times in 429 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Scorge

Concept: Kastius Queen
    Silently, she lays her eggs, knowing only a few of them will make it on their treacherous journey to the next set of falls.
    She relies on the pressure of the falling water to fill her gills while she continues her work. Always wary of the much smaller males that come in hoards to atempt to woo her.
    This is her last season, the falls are running dry and she must spread her brood as quickly as she can.
    It has been a long century beneath the falls..

Check it out
    Blog, we've all got em:http://davesrightmind.blogspot.com/
    Creatures Galore!:www.creaturespot.com
    Full gallery o' stuff:davesrightmind.deviantart.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Artist: Marc_ismyname

Concept: Waterfall Queen
    the waterfall queen attaches itself to rocks using small claws, facing up a waterfall to catch small prey that falls down. their powerfull tails enable them to swim effectively against the torrent. the females can be told from the males by the stripe of red scales and larger dorsal fin.

feel a bit of a douche posting basically a fish compared to the rest of these mental creatures, but hey. still a beginner.

Last edited by Fozzybar; October 1st, 2008 at 06:55 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Failed quality check (sloppy/rushed/unfinished artwork and/or insufficient artistic quality)

Bonner, marc ismyname

other not accepted entries:

AHCHU, Verehin
    From the Posting thread:
    "1. The Waterfall Queen is a species, which exists in or next to waterfalls.
    2. What is it, that this species can only be found at waterfalls?"

Your creatures don't live next to waterfalls, they are defined as waterfalls by you, which is not what we were looking for. Sorry, guys, especially for you Tommoy, since your entry was really neat.

Nubb
    Cool entry, but your creature is not a species which is living near waterfalls, it is an individual trapped by some settlers.

Bushido
    Your creature is too small to spot details, to judge what is it really. Also it looked somehow rough in shapes. And the humanoid alert lamp was slightly blinking, so after all there were many little things leading to the rejection.

close to rejection:

Relic
    You named your creature Titan, i am not sure if you want to say that it is just huge or that it is part of the greek mythology, where titans are not a species actually...but i go for the first version, enough massacre for this round

special notes:

none

Last edited by Fozzybar; October 2nd, 2008 at 08:56 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Fozzybar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Relic:I think you could have worked some more on this. It has potential.
    thesaint:I liked this but there is way more detail in the background than in the actual creature. Nice mood. I can really hear the roar of the water falling.
    Rizza: I like the shape but I think it's simply too dark to make out what's what on it's head.
    JakkaS: When I see your Sh*t I get very frustrated and inspired at the same time. You get my vote
    Lander: Where should i start?
    EBrown: I would try to paint across the form. That will give your creature more volume. I like it.
    Soulweaver:wow very nice. Bigger please and some colors.
    jhagen22:I really like the design. BUt I'm not to fond of the coloring. To much by numbers. I'd like the creature to be less devided by it's colors.
    scorge: Scary as hell. I like just about everything but it's "legs"

great work from some who didn't make it to the poll. Go and have a look in the assignment tread.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lander For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lander - I agree on your comment about the colors. More uniform in color would have made the design more solid.

On to the comments...

Relic: I liked this one, but I think it could have been pushed a little further. I liked the idea of it looking like a tourist attraction with the boat floating by - "..and on your right we have...Oh my God!"

thesaint: I liked the work you did on the 2 close up shots at the bottom the most. The cartoony stuff in the middle I didn't dig so much. And I can't decide if I like the detailed background or not.

Rizza: I liked this one a lot, but I would have liked it a lot more if I could have seen it (or certain parts of it) close up.

Jakkas: Dude, you always inspire me. For me, it was neck and neck with scorge and you when I voted.

Lander: This one was also right up there. Very cool beast! Great design and great colors.

EBrown: Good work on this one. I liked the uniqueness on this one in comparison with all the other entries.

Soulweaver: I really really wanted to see this in color! Very good design!

scorge: I voted for scorge because I really loved the evolution of your creature. Also kinda reminded me of the creature from "The Faculty" movie.

Josh

My Website:
    www.joshhagen.com

My Sketchbook:
    My New Sketchbook

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jhagen22 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for Jakkas. The color really works here... lovely tropical, bird of paradise lady monster. Scorge and Soulweaver were also favorites.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Jaecks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Fozzybar

Just a suggestion, but is it possible to make the voting system similar to CHOW, where those taken to the polls and also those rejected can be seen on voting thread - this is because some artist only post their pieces on the 'Final Entries' thread. So for those that were rejected, we cannot view them anywhere. Eg, Tommoy's piece, etc...

Voted Lander for this round.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to sci80899 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jakkas...love it love it love it....colours are lovely....they also help the waterfall stand out...I like that the creature slots into the waterfall but stands out so beautifully. The overall production of the work is just eye catching and those leaves and rocks in the background are really nice. well done.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Adele For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vote for Soulweaver, i like the complexiti of the design and the render

Tnx Fozzybar for the explenation.

"The superior man is distressed by the limitations of his ability; he is not distressed by the fact that men do not recognize the ability that he has."

My BLOG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Most of creatures doesn't seem to be a WATERFALL creature, it's feels like they ARE in a waterfall.
    But very nice job all you guys!

My vote is going for thesaint because his creature really seems to be a waterfall queen and besides being a concept it shows it's evolution and details.

AhChu is offline Be not afraid of learning slowly, be afraid of standing still.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm just glad I manage to make the deadline for my first post....next time will make sure I stick to outline rather than going off on my slight tangent great fun and nice work peoples, some real stunners...look forward to the next battle with you guys

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "JAKKAS" got my Vote! I love your "looked like Queen's Colorful Costumed Creature". Your Color inspire me. It make me feel exact as a waterfall queen.

"The Saint" : I love yours too, but it make me feel as a male one! it's not emphasis to be a queen. i'm counting on next C.O.W from you!

"Soulweaver" : You're close! i love your creature. but i really want to see it alive! it'll make a better feeling of a queen!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to monkiehood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Definitely voting for JakkaS color and form make his creature fantastic but still believable.
    Second favorite is Scorge's beast. Nice design and texture.
    Great job dudes!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Nubb For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Colorful Jakkas got my vote,I love your design and color.Good Job!

Soulweaver & Scourge : I love both of your design,but they looked no lives!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to OTTA For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.