Really good Intelligence or preperations for false terror?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Really good Intelligence or preperations for false terror?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Really good Intelligence or preperations for false terror?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,459 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Bull shit. He’s totally scaremongering.

Sorry I can’t find the article from today (dt is redesigning their site) but it related that most of the Taliban is made up of people who can’t find gainful employment and couldn’t care less about Al Qa’eda, let alone Bin Laden (or over filled dustbin as I tend to call him). The credit crunch has hit them just as much as us.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,159 Times in 1,706 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I know he's a scaremonger because I think he's a scaremonger because I was told or read that people like this are scaremongering by people who write or say that its scaremongering because they think it's scaremonger because they have certain beliefs about the scary government, certain scary beliefs about the scary government... that may have been the result of scaremongering by scaremongers who they think aren't scaremongers, but secretly are.

My understanding of scaremongering is scary.

At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
    http://www.myspace.com/kevferrara

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kev ferrara For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wish i got the point of more of your posts Kev.

but is he saying that the Wmds were in pakistan all along?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAHA carcasians?

i smell mongerin'

we know the organization still exists .... therefore its a given that they
    are on the intelligence communities' radar (one hopes)

we are still at war with Afghanistan... known connections to Al-Qaeda, training camps.

he is saying only what every school kid should know....and has been told for 7 years.
    then adds a layer of bullshit for icing.

this aint a new tactic but it rallies "the base"....wich is, ironically the english translation for Al-Qaeda. coincidence ?

i think the red party is feeling pressure that there have been no new attacks since 9-11

-

Last edited by kingshaj; September 18th, 2008 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kingshaj View Post
    i think the red party is feeling pressure that there have been no new attacks since 9-11
    They should stop doing their jobs so that you'll know for sure the threat is real.

But then any resulting attack would be an "inside job" wouldn't it?

Oh the tangled webs we weave.

At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kev ferrara For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The web's already been woven, Kev. Lie enough about everything to further your own party's political goals and pretty soon no one believes a word that comes out of your mouth. But what do i know...I'm just a simple-minded asshole who's seen it all before.

What it boils down to now is that if something happens, it will be an inside job--those inside created the climate for it to happen. To the good, there won't be any ned for additional prisons (huge tax savings) because the Head Ape will pardon everyone responsible the day before he leaves office.

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I don't listen to orange men.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would watch this but I'm still too busy sealing my windows with duct tape and garbage bags.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Terry Pratchett had it right; as soon as they're elected, they should be thrown into prison for their term of office......

Thanks
    Thanked 16,669 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Everyone should read this.
    Go. Now. What the hell are you waiting for?
    GO!

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ya know... if they're close enough to tell that Al Qaeda has a bunch of white guys training... they're close enough to take them out, right?

Neo-cons just have a vested interest in perpetuating rather than completing this war.

bleh.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ileakae... Them's LIARS!! LIARS!!! I read about it in da paper! LIARS! Listening to you is like watching an early morning call in show on C-Span. (love ya anyway, grumpy kitty)

*ahem*....

Nice book Elwell. They have a copy at the Embassy in Yemen. The pagination isn't what it used to be.

In truth I try to avoid fear as it tends to make for overreactions and then things get worse. Then again sometimes fear is necessary in order to wake people up. It becomes difficult to tell, with so much back and forth on whether anything is actually happening in the world to be worried about, what is what. There is the hyper-sensitive newsmedia, which has a bias toward the broadcastable, inoffensive, happy soap-selling and populist. And there is totally insensitive news sources like this one: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/ which shoves information in your face that is impolite to say the least. Is this site all fear-mongering by Theocratic Republican Neanderthals, or do those people actually have a better handle on the facts of the world that the hyper-sensitive sophisticates?

I seriously don't know. I'm just as confused as everybody else who gets his news second or third hand most of the time.

But saying "do not fear" is not an argument in my opinion.

At least Icarus tried!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Aw Shit! I did it again, didn't I?

Thank you so much, Kev, for reminding me that I really should get a better grasp on reality. Only a fuckin' senile fool would believe that his government would ever lie to him...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Thanked 16,669 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    It's a good book, Kev. I think you'd like it.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll give it a go.

But what is your take on that gawdawful website I linked to? Is all that to be shunted aside in favor of an unflappable sophistication in your opinion? What is the crossover point between harmful fear and sensible fear? Who draws that line? Or better yet, where do we get sufficient information to figure out where that line should be drawn?

Ilaekae... on the contrary, I think you're smart enough to be in Mensa. However, that reaaaaaaallly isn't saying much. (One can only take so many jokes repeated from Monty Python or Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy before it becomes evident that these so-called geniuses are uncreative idiots who just came for the free food. ) But seriously, your government is "of the people, by the people, and for the people". How can you expect anything but shite from that arrangement?

Bless you, dearest kitty poo.

Last edited by kev ferrara; September 18th, 2008 at 10:51 PM.
    At least Icarus tried!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwell View Post
    What the hell are you waiting for?
    I'm waiting for a refill on my Xanax. And $16.47... damn...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    They should stop doing their jobs so that you'll know for sure the threat is real.

But then any resulting attack would be an "inside job" wouldn't it?

Oh the tangled webs we weave.
    i believe they did stop.

i dont honestly think there are huge numbers of thwarted attacks

i dont think they have very good actionable intelligence

or ever could (the whole point of terrorism is the lateral command structure facilitates anonymity when necessary)

i dont think the primary agenda is to stop terrorism
    its been here longer than my lifetime thats for sure. and its no better today.

i dont think either of us has any real way of knowing.
    isn't that the point?

this is all of course just an opinion .
    interdepartmental competition is a cliche now in the intelligence field...
    i just dont believe in sky captain out there doing his job to prevent 9-11s....
    life is rarely that simple, even in the civilian world...im sure its blurrier than you suggest.

webs: wub 'em or weave 'em

____

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kingshaj: Great opinion. Duly noted.

Which reminds me, if you're ever feeling like crap in Shanghai you're welcome to email me or whatever if you need somebody to rap with. Alright man?

At least Icarus tried!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks i hope that was sincere
    i really will.
    luckily all my friends expatriated long ago so i will have good company....im just a follower..lol

i still want to make some music with you,

we could start the first bipartisan folk band ...all duets franks n' Ferrara (nice ring to it)

...and sing "the times they are a changin' - no they're not" it'll be a hit.

the b-side could be "give peace a chance/ no seriously... dont " gonna go gold.

actually we really should make some tracks.

Last edited by kingshaj; September 18th, 2008 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now don't paint me as a republican just because I don't worship the Obamaniator or think McCain's the devil. God I hate the binary category thing. I'm a work in progress, but I know what I hate, and that's politics. If anything, I am a partisan for art, culture and reason against politics.

I'd rather start a "freethinking" folk band. One staffed with people who not only think outside the box, but consider it a kind of spittoon.

I'd love to make some tracks as soon as I get my damn comic done. But I keep getting design jobs and there isn't enough time in the day!

(Dammit)

kev

P.S. Yes I was serious.

At least Icarus tried!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Who are you?
    Where's the real Kev?! What have you done with him?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    Now don't paint me as a republican just because I don't worship the Obamaniator or think McBain's the devil. God I hate the binary category thing. I'm a work in progress, but I know what I hate, and that's politics. If anything, I am a partisan for art, culture and reason against politics.

I'd rather start a "freethinking" folk band. One staffed with people who not only think outside the box, but consider it a kind of spittoon.

I'd love to make some tracks as soon as I get my damn comic done. But I keep getting design jobs and there isn't enough time in the day!

(Dammit)

kev

P.S. Yes I was serious.

i was just giving you a hard time...i know you aren't strictly a republican.
    just from my end of the spectrum, you are way way farther toward the "right" on all the cliche issues.... a felix to my oscar or vice versa...

but as much of a lefty as i am, i dont identify with any party... dont trust 'em either ...and centrists are worse..lol.

although, i will certainly vote for the guy who isn't a soldier, every time. (precisely because id like a free thinking person in the job) i AM very binary in that sense...

and although Obama says all the right stuff, i certainly dont worship him, and i eyeball him with the cynicism any politician deserves. (btw. i dont think obaminator is a good name .... perhaps the obamanation? )

as far as binary thinking i hear you...
    but like my Mom used to say:

ps: you doing design work is a waste and it sounds like we are in the same boat. makes me mad...it cant go unfinished...take half of your design clients to china (telecommute+paypal)....and multiply your check by 8 - put your feet up and finish the dang thang while livin like a kang..,your fans are waitin'

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can I get in on this band thing? I play the harmonica, trumpet, recorder, am learning the banjo and guitar, and I spout random political stuff that seems to piss off people on both sides of the isle on a regular basis.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...no

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...no

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok ..ok ... you can, if
    you can find a lefty as vehement as you to balance out the mix.

ghandi died such a beautiful baritone too ..he'd a'been perfect. sigh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got a name for your band: "The Most Political Non-Political Super Force of Freedom and Justice"

... might need a bit of shortening there.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok ..ok ... you can, if
    you can find a lefty as vehement as you to balance out the mix.

ghandi died such a beautiful baritone too ..he'd a'been perfect. sigh
    Hmm, If you really think I'm that much of a righty you must have missed my arguments about Tibet, Palestine, quoting Engels, and being pro-Marxist in terms of a long term plan...

Also, stop trying to claim Ghandi. He gets to join with us Libertarians. (If I have to claim a label that's the one I get closest to)

Last edited by Peter Coene; September 19th, 2008 at 08:11 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    JABO:
    T.M.P.N.P.S.F.O.F.A.J!!!!!! it says it all perfect for a huge world wide sensation....

but who will be the quiet one?

PC: maybe if you humm a few bars it will come back....

-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.