Spartan Camp #59 - 50 gestures + Optional Study of "Geisha"

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Spartan Camp #59 - 50 gestures + Optional Study of "Geisha"

The aim is to produce 50 gestures by Sunday the 21st of September.

The gestures can be of anything, human, animal, cavorting capybaras....and can be in any media, digital or traditional is fine.

In addition to this, participants can choose to do a Optional Study of "Geisha", in any media. Black and White or Colour is fine.

Come on soldiers! Flex those muscles!!

PS...critting each other is highly encouraged!! Let's help each other get better!

HALL OF FAME - SPARTAN CAMP #58

a la bapsi
    Man Made God
    shiNIN
    katinki
    DefiledVisions :star

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    ok here are mine. it's been a while. i did a few this week and found it really hard again. i have to do them more often cause i suck at this !!!! some are a bit older. the Geisha is from imagination.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 655 Posts
    Somehow missed last week -.-

Too long since you've joined in yourself mike. Make sure you don't 'lose it'!
    Nice though, seems you've done it all from imagination. Liking 11,14,15, they seem natural. Fun characters among them too. Trying to put some character in my own poses as well, but the anatomy is still giving me a hard time. I like your geisha, esp. the shading on the face. Upper body on the thin side.
    Be there next week! so should I ;s

Geisha from ref ofc. Nice topic.

Join the SPARTAN CAMP under Community Activities
    50 Gestures and an Optional Study every week!

Thanks
    just finished my 50 for this week - pheew! bit more scribbly as i would have liked but i hadn't as much time as i would have wished...

metalmike nice variety! are they all from imagination? (i wish i would reach that point!) the geisha has lots of character, but her right hand gives her kind of a creepy attitude!

anthis those look pretty beautiful! seems like you concentrated on the outlines a lot.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Looking good, katinki, not scribbly at all.

MeTaL-Mike posted?! Nice, loving the creatures!
    Anthis, did you use ref for the figures?

Here's my 50. More posemaniacs, but the last 10 are original.

Name:  Week 3 - 1.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  155.2 KB Name:  Week 3 - 2.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  161.4 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    I'm sorry... I didn't draw a single decent anything this week. I tried but everything was a fail......
    I somehow drew gestures and an optional, I was struggling and redrawing the geisha pic and it's bad, but I put it here. I'm sooo disappointed in myself
    I did research and used references, spent hours on the optional and still, no salvage if I can't draw

I tried to do "pure" gestures, without the usual anatomy stuff, simpler little things, focusing on the flow... I was envious of a la bapsi's nice 10sec gesture studies, many of them was really lovely.
    it wasn't easy at all I know flow and dynamism are my weak points...

at least more than 50.
    some posemaniacs, classicbodybuilders.com (it's funny) and others.

sorry for everything, bad quality and whining.

you guys did well as usual

Metal-Mike: I like the variety, there are some interesting being here. it seems you like long legs
    the geisha has a small head and a bit too big hand for her torso (to say my opinion has nothing to do with my current self-esteem at all )

*sigh* I try harder next week.

Thanks
    Hi everyone I'm new to the camp

just out of curiosity, how much time do you guys generally take per gesture?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 655 Posts
    katinki; Cheers! trying to get a little cleaner. I can see you went a little faster this time around. Although I don't think its a bad thing. Doing posemaniacs on a timer for example is a nice exercise.
    Man Made God; Nice to see your own poses are as clear as the posemaniac ones.
    I usually do my poses from imagination, but I often keep some reference nearby, so I don't forget to keep track of proportions and such. Also, I sometimes browse some anatomy galleries when I'm low on inspiration.
    derriere; Between 1 and 4 mins for me. I like it most when they go quick because you can simply do more. So I really prefer doing fast gestures. Sometimes when I want to try out something, or get some more details in, I end up taking longer.
    Welcome by the way, and nice job on the optional study with all the details on the clothing. You probably did those gestures on a posemaniac time, but I'm not sure how long they took you. If you have any spare time I'd advice 2 or 3 construction lines, or big shapes for the torso and such. See you next week!

Join the SPARTAN CAMP under Community Activities
    50 Gestures and an Optional Study every week!

Thanks
    ^Yeah, for the originals I tend to just quickly flick through magazines and google for quick inspiration, it puts ideas in your head, but you still need to "invent" the pose for the most part.

derriere: I worked out my average as being 6-7 mins, so faster than I expected, but still fairly time consuming.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    I usually use google (I choose a word, gymnastics, yoga, dance, laying, something like this), but it may be time-consuming, especially if I found something interesting... and many poses aren't full body, and I'm too inexperienced to draw the legs correctly by myself... if the human has loose clothes, it's difficult enough last time I used classicbodybuilder.com, before that I found a nice lingerie site... I do a few simple poses from my mind. or if my love has a good-looking pose, I draw him
    I like quick ones, I did 10 seconds posemaniacs, and I usually do at most a few minutes gestures, I think. I plan to do a few more detailed ones too, I never spend much time on a non digital drawing (much: at least 15 minutes).

Thanks
    Yeah i love long legs. drawing chicks i my goal in life
    not all of them were from imagination.
    yes i actually posted will try to do it more often
    thanks for the crits on the proportions and the hand. it's funny that you notice these things only when ppl tell yah they're there

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.