Art: Hybrid_75s Digital Sculpts

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Hybrid_75s Digital Sculpts

**updated images down further**
    I just realised I haven't posted my zbrush stuff here, so I'm starting now. I'm getting a portfolio together at the same time as learning zbrush/maya and everything else involved with making art so It's been a real mission. Any way what I'm working on now is a Hulk and redoing a troll model from a while back.
    Had a craptastic experience of having zbrush crash today as well. I was detailing the troll's hand and i forgot to save before I apllied smart resym, and BADA-BING! kiss good bye to the last hour of your life because it is like it never happened. anyway I'm over it, kinda. here they are all wips of course. The head of the troll is loosley based on a sculpt by Casey Love. check out the sculptors corner if you already haven't inspirational stuff.

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Last edited by Hybrid_75; November 12th, 2008 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Resize images
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Those legs need a quite a bit of refinement. It obvious you can do surface detail so I would invest my time in the Large praportional and design details.

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    which ones? the trolls?

Thanks
    I've gotta say that all of your zbrush work is hugely impressive to me. I've tried my hand at 3d modeling a fair few times and it always ends in disaster.

Thanks
    good work dude!

Thanks
    Thought I'd update this thread, not entirely happy with all of them but you gotta bite the bullet sometime. The funny thing is on alot of these I learnt alot by the time I had them to a "complete" stage I went a redid certain things and just couldn't believe what I actually had attempted in the first place. Like starting with way to dense a mesh to begin with, and a whole lot of other things. I guess thats the value of taking a model from sculpting, through to texturing and then rendering. Rendering their turnarounds has been a real education with different techniques, learning about HDRI lighting, Ambient Occlusion, diffuse, shadow, specular, reflection, depth and I dunno how many other passes you can do to comp in Photoshop or after effects. Not to mention learning the fast skin sss shader.
    Well these are the models that will be in my final reel, i think.

Thanks
    You have got some pretty nice stuff on here.

I also checked out that sculptor's corner. Seems like a nice and useful place.

Thanks

Thanks
    That site is great, after I found that site last year i did a search for sculpting and came across Konigs tutorials on this site. They are also great, that guy is so very talented and comitted to his art.

Thanks
    I am not sure about it, but the big guy in the cutoffs in the first post, that is supposed to be hulk, right?

For that, I think the pants don't really feel like denim. There is a bit too much of his form pulling through so it makes them feel a bit more like silk. I hate to say it when using a program for normal mapping, but maybe a little less detail for the underlying structure to make it feel more like denim?

Thanks
    yeah you're right I did change it since then to try and make it look like its heavier material being stretched, here are some closeups of the pants. In reality hulk would be completely naked unless he constantly wore spandex. I've always thought it would make a really cool advertisement for some stretchy pants or spandex to have the Hulk endorsing it.
    thanks for the feedback man.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.