Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: jovian's sketchbook. bunch of moleskine scannns

Thanks

jovian's sketchbook. bunch of moleskine scannns

uhhhhhhh
    Last edited by Jovian M; September 29th, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    jovian's sketchbook. bunch of moleskine scannnsjovian's sketchbook. bunch of moleskine scannns

Two quick samurai speed paintings.

Thanks
    hey, welcome. Nice to see someone of a similar age to me here. You definately show potential. You will hear this alot as you start off, but anatomy is very important, do some studies etc. Also try and tighten up your lines a little, it will make a big difference. Keep it up!
    The stranger things appear the more real they usually are.

My sketchbook:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=119409

Thanks
    I've been doing tons of anatomical studies lately, but my scanner recently pooped out.

I'm also starting to move away from anime/manga a bit until I understand the human form well enough to stylize is proficiently.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks
    Get some photos of your traditional stuff in here! Get pictures or something. The best advice I have been given is stick to traditional mediums untill you have all of the basics down, then you can use digital to HELP yourself grow, but don't rely on it. At the end of the day, if you can't draw on paper, then you can't draw on the computer.

I would also advice posting about in other peoples sketchbooks and generally looking about. There are some golden tips everywhere, be careful not to miss them.

Thanks
    For sure.

And don't get me wrong, I don't do practice and stuff digitally; I just felt like updating my dA so I did those two digital paintings. Other than that, it's all pencil/ball-point pen on paper.

I'll have to see if my foster brother'll let me take some pics with his cell phone or something.

Thanks
    Heh...thanks for checking out my sketchbook.

Good potential here, I think. I wish I'd started learning anatomy back in high school, I kept thinking I could get away without it ('cause I was dumb ). I'm sure I don't have to tell you to keep it up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 643 Posts
    Bleach? OMG!
    Crap i havn't watched bleach in so long I feel ashamed..... I need to go and watch it again!
    Looking good
    Start doing some studie, take time on them and just keep it up!

Thanks
    I see potential in those digital sketches, but taking a quick run through your deviant art, you need to give up the anime and fan art man. You have placed yourself within the massive horde of japanofile teenagers that, artistically speaking, plainly represent a lower level of creative thinking. If anime is your thing, who am i to tell you otherwise? But having expressed an interest in developing your own style I would recommend seriously considering what participating in such a generic and un inspired style says about you as an artistic mind?

That's my bit, i hope it isnt taken the wrong way, keep on drawing!
    -emmett

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rarebit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I totally agree with you, Rarebit. I honestly have no idea what I was thinking, up until a little while ago; I was convinced I'd be a 'manga-ka', because you know, a white Canadian kid can do that. Lately I've been doing a ton of studies (of everything from faces, to gestures, to re-drawing inspirational artist's work, to even just looking at photos of people and drawing them). I'm looking around to see if I can find some life-drawing sessions even remotely near here.

That's not to say that once I get to the level where I'm able to stylize proficiently, I won't have some influence from Eastern artists. Recently, though, I've been mesmerized by artists like t-wei, Jamie Hewlett, LeSean Thomas (though, I've loved his work for a good while now), Jim Lee, etc. (and a lot more).

I really wish I would've listened to those fellas over at SatelliteSoda like, half a year ago. -_-

Something I started on last night: (excuse my shaky hands with the camera >>)

Supposed to be the lead singer of 'All American Rejects'. I was sitting in my room and trying to find photo-reference in a magazine, but all I've got is game magazines and stuff, then I remembered buying Batman 680 and there being a few ads. Yeah.

Thanks
    Some stuff. Photos, again. I really need to get a new scanner; it took me LITERALLY 45 minutes to get decent pictures of these things. xD

First one is an older version of a character that I saw in uhhhhhh... some video game magazine. Play, maybe.

Second is a character quick concept sketch of a character inspired by Gears of War with a Samurai-Ish feel to it.

Third is a study of the back of a boxer I did last night (I did a few others, but I kinda' liked this one the best)

Thanks
    So, I'm working on a Prince of Persia painting and I'd really like to get some tips/advice before I move any further with it (still in the sketching phase). I'm thinking about maybe making the eyes a little bit bigger, and TRYING to fix the nose/mouth? What else could I do.

EDIT: Discontent with it now
    Last edited by Jovian M; December 16th, 2008 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks
    Looking good so far. Make sure you practice regularly, its a sure way to improve Another thing I would say is to get as much observational drawings done as possible. It will help you with the basics and foundations of drawing and would also feed your visual library so that when it comes to drawing from the imagination you will be better equiped.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bendragon For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast