Jim Lee Style Artist Need for 8 Page Comic Book - Paid
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Jim Lee Style Artist Need for 8 Page Comic Book - Paid

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Jim Lee Style Artist Need for 8 Page Comic Book - Paid

Hello everyone,

I am currently seeking a comic book artist in the style of Jim Lee. The artist must reside in the United States, Canada or the United Kingdom.

The Basics

The comic will consist of 8 pages with typically 4 to 6 panels per page and once completed will be submitted to Zuda.com (DC Comics) for their monthly comic book contest. Please note the artist must agree with Zuda’s submission agreement which is located here. Additionally you should be aware if this comic is selected as the winner or as the instant winner; I have NO intention of signing with Zuda and their extremely one sided ‘Rights Agreement’. This is instead to be used as a promotional tool for the concept of the comic, which if picked up elsewhere, would be an ongoing monthly series.

Pay Scale and Rights
    Please send me a quote as well as if you also do the coloring. Ideally I would like an artist who can do the pencils, ink and coloring. This is preferred but not required. Once a price is agreed upon, I will pay you 50% up front and the remaining 50% upon completion. Additionally if we do win the Zuda contest and are awarded the $1000.00 prize I will split that as well as any other profit made from these 8 pages, down the middle.

Web Development

It should be noted I make my living as a web developer and if you would instead like to trade services in lieu of payment; I am open to that also. I am proficient in HTML, XHTML, XML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, JavaScipt and AJAX. This is optional and of course I will pay cash if you don’t have any web needs.

Still Interested?
    If you’re interested and will agree to the Zuda submission agreement, please contact me at spcronin@gmail.com.

Let me thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Freelance

[QUOTE=suttercain;1924881]Hello everyone,

The artist must reside in the United States, Canada or the United Kingdom.
    [B]

Nothing offense, why only english and angle american ?

I would be happy you let me know what you would like done and I will be happy to working in your project.
    http://artworkscomicsstudio.blogspot.com/

http://marcoviana.deviantart.com/

my artwork in the middleman contest
    http://www.vipercomics.com/features/...an_contest.asp
    Two pags in colors (panther and horse - Marco Aurélio)

Thanks

Marco Aurelio

Last edited by Marco Viana; September 14th, 2008 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.fatboneproduction.com

hi. my name is ray, i am interested in the gig. please take a look at my site. if interested. please contact me at rwang3774@gmail.com

sincerely

ray

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wish you the best of luck with you finding the right artists for your project.

My online galleries

http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database...l?gallery=4001
    http://ebony-chan.deviantart.com/

---------------------------------------------------
    The past is history, the future is a Mystery and the present is a gift.

-----------------------------------------------------------

There is no such thing as I hope in success either you succeed or fail.
    -----------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sigh...

All this effort to enter a contest, only to NOT sign the agreement that you are very likely to be required to sign BEFORE your work is even considered for submission to the contest...?

This is a monumental amount of effort for nothing in return. Your work - assuming it will win anything - won't even be accepted without you signing the Zuda Rights Agreement.

Excerpt from the Zuda Rights Agreement:

You submitted the Submission on the Website, and either Zuda chose the Submission as an Instant Winner or the Submission won a Competition. You and Zuda want to enter into this Rights Agreement pursuant to which You grant to Zuda rights in the Material (as defined below), currently entitled _________________________. Zuda wants to simultaneously enter into the Services Agreement with You, pursuant to which Zuda engages You to prepare additional Screens for initial publication on the Website. For good and valuable consideration, You and Zuda agree as follows:
    This means that you must sign and include your agreements WITH your submitted story & art.

Wasted effort. If you're not going to sign the Zuda agreements, then they won't even consider to put you in the contest on any level. Their policy is TO NEVER accept any original stories or properties without some kind of agreement signed, whether it's an indemnity agreement, or an agreement structured within an online contest.

To do so would open them up to all kinds of liabilities. So again, you're wasting your time and good money to promote your project in a way that won't even get off the ground, due to DC's contractual policies.

You need to understand how companies work. You have to sign indemnity agreements with other companies when you're submitting your original work to them also.

What's wrong with producing your story and artwork, as if you were going to publish the work yourself? Make it the most top-notch quality product you can do, and then shop that around to various publishers? If that doesn't work, then finance it in a slow-motion fashion by paying for it a piece at a time.

After a while, then hunt for Entertainment lawyers or agents who can help shop your project around to various studios. Put your efforts into something more wide-ranging, that seems more directly applicable towards an achievable goal, rather than come up with some convoluted scheme that (because you didn't read the contracts correctly) will halt you likely before you get out of the gate.

Your plans make me dizzy. You seem to have balls, so I hope you're rolling them correctly.

Good luck...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I all take a shot, I am more of a Turner clone...or can push hard manga..
    http://derek-stevens.deviantart.com/gallery/
    thank you for your time. If I am not the artist, best of luck
    Derek

dream the crow black dream

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.