Robotic Angel

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Robotic Angel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Robotic Angel

Following World War III and the initial success of the Gabriel Program, the Vatican reinstated the Knights Templar with the sole task of creating a better solider. It did not take long with the aid of the original schematics to design and implement the Gabriel MK II.

Given a jump system integrated with the wings and a new gunblade that could be reassembled into a straight edged sword on the fly, the Mk. II became whispered of in horror stories around the guerrilla encampments on the fringes of the Holy Empire. It was said that it could kill from over a mile away with nothing but a sword.

---

So my computer died about three weeks ago and severely hindered my progress on this. Overall I think I'm actually rather happy with the way it turned out. There are little improvements I could make here and there I'm sure, but I think it's time to put this one away for now after spending so much time on it.

Thanks to those who critiqued it for me earlier and helped me push it this far. I learned a lot from the comments and I hope to carry the lessons with me into my next project.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Made the hands bigger to be more anatomically correct and put some dirt on his boots. Not a big update really. I'd like to find a tutorial on adding some believable dirt marks and some blood onto his armor and cloth, but so far my searches on google have turned up nothing. Seems I'll have to make some custom brushes.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkier View Post
    Made the hands bigger to be more anatomically correct and put some dirt on his boots. Not a big update really. I'd like to find a tutorial on adding some believable dirt marks and some blood onto his armor and cloth, but so far my searches on google have turned up nothing. Seems I'll have to make some custom brushes.
    Looks good, I really like the wings especially. A small issue, there's something odd about the chestplate. The piece on my right is larger than the one on the left. Obviously you meant it to be physically larger, but because the angle isn't strong enough, it looks a bit like poor perspective. Other than that, which isn't that important really, good job.

"In conclusion, I hate you all." - Dilbert

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.