View Poll Results: Vote for your fav entry! No self-voting!

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stimpy

21 25.00%
  • Lakai

2 2.38%
  • Paul Kang

0 0%
  • Relic

0 0%
  • Kfeeras

5 5.95%
  • MoHog

0 0%
  • gmblfdz

0 0%
  • fury03

2 2.38%
  • Rabid

6 7.14%
  • Rizza

0 0%
  • njoo

14 16.67%
  • brewin

0 0%
  • Peg

0 0%
  • Gaczar

1 1.19%
  • t rAt

15 17.86%
  • vibhas_virwani

0 0%
  • Lander

0 0%
  • meganite

2 2.38%
  • Xabian

0 0%
  • scorge

10 11.90%
  • weiglo

1 1.19%
  • Pixie Trick

0 0%
  • RevoLverZ

5 5.95%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

Cow C.O.W. - #124: Nectar Spender - VOTING!

ROUND #124 VOTING

Topic: Nectar Spender

Deadline for the voting: Monday, 29 September 2008

Posting thread (closed):
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136640

------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK - before voting/posting read this!!!

1. Please give c&c or a reason why you voted for the image!

2. Feel free to comment on any or all entries, the artists will appreciate it!

3. No voting for your own entry!!! If a participants votes for his own entry, every member has the right to call him a stupid lame moron in this thread! And i will delete his/her vote anyway...

4. The poll is public. Your vote will be seen.
    Last edited by Fozzybar; September 22nd, 2008 at 06:18 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...enser3copy.jpg
    Artist: Stimpy
    Concept: Nectar Spender

Specimen 471\A: Nectar Spender. Found on the planet Eden orbiting the star Nexus 12.
    Necter Spenders are large insectoid life forms that spend their days similar to earth bees. They collect nectar from huge deep blue flower like organism and process it into nectar which it feeds directly to its young.
    It achieves this by excreting it out a tube like structure located at the end of its abdomen.

C.O.W. - #124: Nectar Spender - VOTING!
    Last edited by Stimpy; September 17th, 2008 at 04:48 AM.
    "A Broad Mind Lacks Focus"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stimpy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    oh I hate discribing my artwork, find a name for them is hard enough , but I'll give "my best".

Artist: Lakai

Concept: five limb nectar trunk
    It's a nectar producing creature or rather the flowers on it's back are the real producer.
    I name the specie the 5 limb nectar trunk.
    Final good of it's digestion is nectar, well that part itself doesn't need, it's that orange liquide coming out of its trunk.

------------------------------
    The planet it's living on is unnamed, you know it's my little "give him a name problem".
    ok I'm done.

cheers, hope you like the creature and forgive my laziness to write a better description and also forgive my bad english.
    Last edited by Lakai; September 21st, 2008 at 07:11 AM.

Paul Kang is offline its only after we lose everything, that we're free to do anything
    Thanks

Artist: warml

Concept: The Redbacks
    these big guys eat poppies all day long. because of the high concentration of nectar and juices in the flowers, they release the excess nectar through pores on their back. insects are attracted to the aroma and follow the redbacks around and eat away the sticky sweat. all in all, the the red back gets a bath, the bugs get a tasty treat. this also helps with pollination.

Thanks

Artist: Relic

Concept: Dionysus Domestica
    Almost all the owners of wine estates around the world breed Dionysus Domestica in their vineyards.Dionysus Domesticas feed on grapes,during a period of time,wine(or say, nectar,if wine is off the topic) can be squeezed from their breasts(I don't know,ass,maybe).Just work like the milch cow.
    Last edited by Relic; September 18th, 2008 at 05:09 AM.

Thanks
    Artist: Kfeeras

Concept: Purplus Blobus
    The Purplus Blobi used to spread their Nectar all around the Forest. One day, the other animals somehow managed to domesticate them. Now, every six months they would poop their delicious good into big cylinders, providing the wildlife critters with tasty fatless purple nectar. In return, the Blobi get the newest issues of "Forest Weekly".http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1221742338
    Last edited by Kfeeras; September 20th, 2008 at 06:50 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kfeeras For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Artist: MoHog

Concept: Prometheus Beetle
    As the name suggest the prometheus beetle steals from the gods. Its body is incredibly basic, the vital organs are stored in the armored skull with only a few extending into the gelatinous body. The main body, held together by a black exoskeleton, contains a thick nectar. The combination of a black exoskeleton and a body full of thick nectar allows the beetle to 'steal' vast quantities of energy from the Sun's light through absorption. Although this heat and light provides the beetle with almost unlimited energy it must release some of the nectar via its 'tail-spine' or die from overheating. It is the released nectar that allows life on the planet to grow due to the nutrients it contains entering the soil, thus the prometheus beetle takes from the heavens and gives life to the earth.

Thanks

Artist: gmblfdz

Concept: Sludgeback
    Sludgebacks are mostly herding animals which roam the various plane of their native planet. The females are the ones which are burdened with a large sack which is situated upon the back. For a year, this gluttonous basket acts as a container for the sludgebacks developing offspring. Once the children leave the safety of the sack, the embryoic liquids left over ferment and turn into a sweet nectarous oil. Loaded with nutrients, the sack begins to split, at once providing the newly born offspring with a vital food source and alleviating the mother from the heavy burden.
    Last edited by gmblfdz; September 19th, 2008 at 02:33 AM.

Thanks
    Attachment 467513

Artist: Fury03

Concept: The Green Back Hornet

The Green Back Hornet, the largest hornet species, excretes a cloud of nectar to suffocate and immobilize its enemies and/or prey. Once engulfed in the nectar cloud, the nectar then sticks to the prey making it harder to move while also filling the lungs. Its main diet consists of the long haired beetles and most other insects of similar sizes that travel along the jungles in South Africa.

My Website

Thanks
    Attachment 467648

Artist: Rabid

Concept: Rabidus Lacrima
    Rabidus Lacrima is a semi aquatic organism that is found in shallow water along sea banks and shorelines. It spends the day in these shallow waters and only to come on land once a year when the moon is full during the mating season in scores of thousands. It is named Lacrima from the Greek word for tear. This name came about because when thousands of these creatures would exit the water for one night during the season, the native indigenous population would wake the next morning they would find the shore and shoreline forests soaked in salt water from the dripping wet creatures. They knew this as “The Day the Ocean Wept”.
    It was discovered recently in modern times of the strange benefit of the leathery nectar yolk present in the center of the creature, which it feeds off of itself continuously. It was soon domesticated as a rare and particularly exotic pet. It was fitted with a mask device that worked as an effective water breathing apparatus and a tap for the succulent fluid. It has been prized for being a docile and loyal pet, much like a dog. And for having the benefit of having a particularly delicious fluid that it constantly produces.
    The Nectar of the Lacrima is an aggressive mix of deliriants and hallucinogens. Including high concentrations of diphenhydramine and atrophine. A shot glass worth of the nectar is enough for the user to feel a very strong sense of dissorientation, drunken behavior, and a slight increase in euphoria for several hours.
    The famous Author Dr. Walter Scott II once described the experience in his memoirs as follows. “I was dragged by my brain into a subdimensional world of rainbow badgers. They promptly stripped me of my clothing and we ran naked through the donut forrest. I was breathing through my eyes and the lamp shade floating next to me would not stop talking about how his wife doesn’t appreciate the time he spends doing double shifts at work.”

Thanks

Cow

Artist: Angela Rizza Rizza

Concept: The Lieira
    The Lieira is a small flightless bird that feeds mostly on fallen rotten fruit and berries. Once finishing his meal he will roll around in remaining sticky mess to carry the putrid smell on its body, often gathering up seeds that will actually begin to grow on his back. From the fruit the bird produces a nectar that is actually quit sweet and delicious which it feeds to its young and to its mate. Lieira nectar is highly sought after for its anti-aging properties but the bird is very swift and will often blind anyone who attempts to grab it by spitting small amounts of stomach acid out through its beak.

Thanks

Artist: nJoo

Concept: Nectar Squeezer

This creature's a true wonder of nature, it's huge and slow moving peaceful creature feeds only on grass and flowers, however the its strange body system cannot tolerate the glucose and anything sugary, and the creature then contract and squeeze its body to excrete the nectar from the many holes in the musles between the layers. The red spots on the body appears when the body builds up in the sugar level, also use to attract birds and other insects such as butterflies and bees to feed on the nectar, thus help clean the messy excretion.
    Last edited by njoo; September 19th, 2008 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks
    Artist: Brewin

Concept: Nectar Ant

The nectar ant uses a nectar-like substance to spray the vegetation around the hive to increase its output and growth, which is then harvested by the worker ants.
    VatselArt@Gmail.com

Vatsel.com

Facebook page . Twitter

Thanks

Artist: Peg

Concept: The Nectar Spender

The Nectar spender is found only in the most arid deserts. It hunts its prey by secreting small bulbs of nectar, attracting ants and the occasional scorpion to the blobs where they get trapped in the sticky nectar.

The creature travels around in a circle pattern checking up on the widely spread nectarbulbs for any yummy catch, and replacing any diminished bulbs.

Thanks

Artist: Gaczar

Concept: Hornet Queen
    This creature lives in a close but other dimension where natural selection has chosen the insects to rule that world. She is the Hornet Queen and a prized and valuable asset here. Her function is to accept the raw nectar inserted into her by the workers of the colony and turn those deposits into 'nectar milk'. Those hornets suckling at her many breasts will be the next generation of fighter Hornets; stronger, more vicious and fearless than other hornets who will be either set to guard the home nests or be dispatched to attack the enemies of the Hornets....the Wasps.
    The Queen and her ability to produce the precious 'Nectar Milk' is key to the Hornets survival and territorial advances.
    Last edited by Gaczar; September 20th, 2008 at 03:05 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast