Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashland Academy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am a student at the Ashland Academy of Art! Its a great school with strong fundamentals. I dont think there is better drawing education out there. They get right to the brass tacks. I have seen a huge leap in my drawing skills and it has only been a year. People can check out my sketchbook-I post most of my school studies there. I am only first year though.

hummel1dane

Semyon has a huge list of books he recommends-way to huge and they all cost $100. They have the books at the school though.
    Construction is all based on basic shapes-square, cone, and cylinder. We use that on anything that needs constructing!
    gesture focuses on lots of things and poses vary in length. Spot lights are used from day one on until the you are good enough to understand form with out it.
    I am almost through with my first year and we have started tonal painting (basically drawing) but haven't dabbled in color too much. Drawing is always the problem.
    Hope that helps! I dont know how often they check this!

Anyone else out there- Come check out this school! Its great!

[CENTER]Ken's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    2009-2010 classes are now in session. We are happy to welcome our new students. Our fall evening classes will begin October 20th and will run through November 20th held 6-9pm. Check back soon for more student work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 2,762 Times in 2,488 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice paintings, and that crosshatching that you use with pencils is just awesome.

Sketchbook
    [last update; 12th September 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hear the school is moving to Portland next October. I hope the tuition doesn't change too much.

Do you have any plans for scholarships coming up?

Is there any further information on student aid, or loans that might be more helpful than the links on your website?

And I would love to see more recent student examples! I'm really interested in your school.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Late last year, the Semyon Bilmes and family of the Ashland Academy of Art announced that the school would close in October 2010 and immediately relocate to Portland, Oregon. They have since changed plans again. Semyon Bilmes has said that he will, instead, relocate to Hawaii and take only ten students with him.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is this true? Can this be verified?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking The Ashland Academy of Art is becoming Atelier Maui

The Ashland Academy of Art is pleased to announce that it is moving to Maui.

With a new name and a new location, Atelier Maui will bring superior classical European instruction in painting and drawing to a lush tropical paradise.

Maui North Shore has been a worldwide destination for artists and free spirits for decades. With its ideal climate and rich natural beauty, the island has been ranked time and again by travel experts as the “Best Island in the World.”

Atelier Maui will now hold classes against the backdrop of this unspoiled physical setting. Only minutes from the beach of Maui’s beautiful North Shore, situated on two and a half acres of thriving tropical forest, the Atelier’s new property is the perfect retreat for any artist. Giant palm, banana and avocado trees, birds of paradise, and other exotic forms of life, provide the setting for our state of the art facilities. The studios are designed to provide to students with the best natural lighting. Large windows and skylights with northern exposure make it the ideal setup for artists.

Atelier Maui is committed to providing each student with personal studio space and a rigorous curriculum. Class size is limited to twelve students and admission is subject to interview. Classes are held five days a week and include both studio work and studies en plein air in the sublime surroundings of the Hawaiian landscape. Studio exercises include extensive work from the model, as well as studies of classical sculptures and still life’s. The curriculum also ensures ample time for personally tailored instruction and individual critique.

Classes at Atelier Maui will begin in October, 2010. Classes will continue to be held in Ashland prior to this date. The academic year is divided into four quarters (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer). Each quarter runs 10-12 weeks. Tuition is $9500 per year or $2900 per semester, model fees not included. Housing on the premises is limited.

Atelier Maui offers a unique opportunity for the uncompromising pursuit of art and the appreciation of beauty. Our small international community of students and faculty enjoys the perfect ambiance for collaboration with those who share a passion for excellence in art. We believe in inspiration and the cultivation of talent and skill nestled in the awesome beauty of nature herself. Aspiring artists encounter the explosion of colors, forms and textures, and the overwhelming effect of this place on the senses. The fragrance of tropical flowers, the echoes of exotic birdsongs, the luminosity of the natural color palette, the ocean in its vast expanse against the golden sand of perfect beaches, towering mountains, even the honey-dipped air itself mixed with the gentle unrelenting breeze from the sea—all of this makes up the incomparable experience of Atelier Maui.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow man , i hope to be like one of ur students someday ^^

what do u think about my studies ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ashland Academy has become Atelier Maui

Hi there! For anyone who might be wanting current info on the Atelier, we have a new sketchbook that we will be updating with more current work, and an official Atelier Maui thread. Any questions, please feel free to ask!

Link to our Sketchbook: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=220295

Link to the Official Atelier Maui Thread: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...03#post3114103

We also have a new website and blog (links in signature).

Atelier Maui is a private teaching studio located on the island of Maui in the state of Hawaii. The Atelier was founded by internationally known artist and illustrator Semyon Bilmes. Under his leadership, the Atelier is proud to offer apprenticeships and residency programs in fine art.

Website http://ateliermaui.com/

Blog http://ateliermaui.blogspot.com/

CA Sketchbook http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=220295

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Join us for our LA Classes

Utrecht / American Artist Magazine Competition 2011 Grand Prize winner Daniel Bilmes takes you through the steps and techniques of creating a portrait painting from life. In this class students will receive multiple live demonstrations in oil and charcoal. Students will be taught the principles of proportion, form, color, and how to capture the character of the subject.

Name:  flyer2.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  271.8 KB

For more info on our LA classes visit: http://danielbilmes.com/Classes-1

For more info on our Maui classes visit: http://ateliermaui.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 1