Sketchbook: Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens - Page 8
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The chaos that is page 23 of A Visual Guide to Alien Beings. This page includes a small being seen by a security guard at an NSA base in 1969, a reptilian creature from a woman's dream, a drawing showing the face of a type of UFO occupant someone encountered in 1993, an intriguing mark/symbol a woman found on the inside of her thigh, my drawing of an alien being with ridges across its nose (based on a drawing that appears in Linda Moulton Howe's books), and my interpretation of the blue-gray alien that the girl drew on page 25.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I decided to break page 24 into three parts.

Part A shows drawings of two different types of tall Gray alien by a witness, and my interpretations alongside. One type is more of a yellow beige color, and the inner corner of the eye is rounded. The eyes were described as "smokey" or somewhat gray in color, with a lighter, shiny gray tone (possibly sclera) toward the outer corner. The second type is more gray in color, and the inner corner of the eye is sharp. The eyes of this type are pure black in color. Both types are very tall and slender, perhaps around six and a half feet in height, according to the witness.

Page 24 part B shows the result of an interview with a woman who was interacting with beings who said they were from the "Andromeda system" which she understood to be the Andromeda Galaxy M31. There were tall human-like beings, but the ones I drew here were their associates, the tall and short Grays. She gave me some of the most detailed visual descriptions of Grays and Nordic type aliens I've gotten yet. In my initial interview with her, I was left with the impression that the short Grays never left the ship, and it was the tall Grays who would come and retrieve her, typically by levitating her out through the ceiling. Later on she corrected this impression and said it was usually the short Grays who would retrieve her. Is she an abductee or a contactee? I think she would regard herself as a contactee, as her feelings about the Andromedans are very positive. They generally treated her quite well, although there were some of the medical-type examinations that are typical of abduction reports as well.

Page 24 part C is my speculation, based on the writings of professor Michael D. Swords and the research of fellow alien illustrator Bill McDonald, about "neonate" aliens, or future humans. The idea is that an evolutionary process called neoteny or heterochrony (changes in the genes that control the timing of development) could lead future humans to take on body proportions similar to some of the reported fetus-like aliens.

Generally I use pencil and a fine tipped black pen, although you can see where I used a gray pen for the highlights in the eyes in my interpretive drawings in part A.

Last edited by Dahami; March 7th, 2012 at 05:25 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Page 55 of A Visual Guide to Alien Beings consists of an image of a "Nordic" male, seen here in color for the first time, which could represent the tall Andromedan race described by K. or equally well a Pleiadian race described by another woman I worked with. From her description, those beings looked more or less like K.'s Andromedans, but may have been a little shorter, closer to normal Earth human height. I tried to convey the chiseled good looks and somewhat Scandinavian features that are characteristic of these beings. I also wanted to convey the tan skin color. Some authors state that the Nordics are always pale skinned, but that does not seem to be the case. Indeed, the famous case of Travis Walton (illustrated by Mike Rogers) involved beings with a dark complexion, like a deep even tan. The eyes of these beings are said to be beautiful and mesmerizing, and contrary to what some authors have stated, they are not always blue. The suit here is made of either a rubbery or suede-like material without grain. The build of these beings is muscular and well-proportioned.

Okay, and that's where you can critique me (please be nice). I'm not great at drawing human bodies. I wasn't in the early nineties and I don't think I've gotten much better since, as I haven't been practicing much with the human-looking types.

I thought I did a pretty good job on the face, though, so I've included a close up with the background adjusted in Photoshop. The original was done with ink and colored pencil.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Impressive works.

Check the following links when you have time. These are hidden jewels among alien materials that I can think of.

Commander Sanni Ceto - Human and alien hybrid
    http://sanniceto.tripod.com/

Exopolitcs - A website dedicates about various alien species known to human
    http://exopolitics.org/

A story of an contactee - simply extraordinary explanations of various aliens
    http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-A-panel-etc.-

Ancient Aliens by History channel - Probable Alien intervention with human race through history
    Youtube has all the episodes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    k2mountain, Thanks for the links. There are lots of sources on the internet for artists looking for drawings and descriptions of alien visitors. Sanni is a friend of mine, and does some interesting art.

Now for page 50. First a full view of the page more or less as it appears in the book (but now with color). A good portion of the page was dedicated to an interview with a man who encountered a craft while he was in the Army in 1965, so I've separated those elements as part A.

For part B I have a drawing of a "Nordic", although of a different type from the one on page 55. I think this one was kind of a composite so it's a little more speculative than some of the others. It's my version of what a pale skinned Nordic might look like, as opposed to the tan skinned type on page 55. I think he's a little feminine looking due to the delicate bone structure he inherited from the Gray side of his ancestry. Dr. David Jacobs thinks that all "Nordics" are really late stage hybrids, so this would be one of those (note the slanted eyes).

The drawing of the curly haired hybrid was one of Garnette's contributions to the book, from her own encounter experiences, which I'm sharing here so others may draw inspiration from it, and for research purposes. This being was also male, but had delicate features. (Please scroll down to the October 10th post for a larger image of this hybrid, dubbed "The Singer" because of what he seemed to be doing during the encounter.)

Last edited by Dahami; October 17th, 2011 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,518 Times in 2,458 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hurray, updates! its great to see this stuff and be able to talk with you.
    As you know, Im a UFO fan, (I love playing UFO documentaries on youtube while I work) and your stuff frequently appears to illustrate a particular species. So this is like being able to chat with Doug McQuarrie about Star Wars concept art..

I have to say it seems evident from the really unexplainable cases (T Walton, Rendlesham Forest, Gulf Breeze, Phoenix, Mexico City, the airline pilots, flight traffic controllers and astronauts, the radar traces etc etc) that there really is something to the stories.
    the hybrid thing is on much shakier ground, not least because theres no evidence apart from encounter stories, but that doesnt mean I dont think the stories are interesting and inspiring. The thing that bugs me is that aliens have been able to mesh their presumably very different biochemistry with that of humans so well as to make hybrids... With the exception of some sea urchins and seasquirts, thats impossible to do with terrestrial life even among fairly closely related species, let alone species from different star systems. On the other hand, for truly advanced tech, making hybrids would be almost trivially easy. You could just print one out of an assembler machine or cause one to be manifested out of subatomic particles or whatever.
    Hence the stories of a decades or millennia long interbreeding program seem improbable.
    Same goes for the saw-doctor style medical exams; dont they have MRIs? Why not just let them inhale some nanotech that maps every cell in their body and then is excreted? It all seems so theatrical and not very functional... thoughts?
    We talked before about this incongruously low tech approach, particularly in contrast with the ability to teleport, float through walls and turn into balls of light which would require very sophisticated mastery of physics and chemistry.

Speculations on Page50 that aliens consider us to be dangerous wild animals may well be true, but even uncivilised humans often do our best to calm and comfort wild animals which, through our technology cannot threaten us. We stroke the head of a tranquilised rhino or dog, we feed and care for the animals in our zoos with compassion, and we worry about the welfare of wild animals. If the aliens are so advanced and civilised why are they so mean, or at best rude, so often? Michio Kaku always say (with characteristic smugness) that perhaps humans are like ants to them, and we dont talk to ants. im sure if ants had the potential for communication we would try... on the topic of Kaku, for someone who has achieved fame and fortune for being a speculative futurist, he has a very unimpressive imagination in my view. Thats a different discussion though.

The idea that they are 'neonate' humans from the future is fascinating, and I suppose would allow for genetic compatibility; but what self-respecting human would allow themself to look so monsterous? Survival of the fittest is an inevitbaility, but evolution by natural selection isnt anymore, especially with supertech and designed biology. Indeed, the handsome Nordic types seem a lot more like the way humans will probably 'evolve' in the futre. When everyone can be beautiful most probably will be. Maybe the little stunted greys are futuristic Goths or tattoo guys, deliberatly choosing to shock...Again though, its a wonderful story; humans from the future return from the stars... changed..
    very PK Dick or Cordwainer Smith

One eerie story I did like very much (Ive watched all three sereis of UFO hunters along with pretty much everything at UFOTV, and it might have been on one of those) was that the aliens have lost their ability to pray. To a skeptical agnostic this is a fantastically strange and intrigueing idea; ok praying often seems like a very one-sided affair from what Ive seen, but the idea that interbreeding with humans gives them some hope of once again communicating with the godhead, who not only exists but has been lost to them, feels like a great basis for an AC Clarke story. I remember the Overlords in Childhoods End were unable to communicate with the Overmind, the sort of final mind of the universe to which all other intelligent races become part, and so they sadly, stoically served it, helping young civilisations come through the transition but always being left behind themselves.

Anyway, sorry for the usual long rambling posts, its grea tot be able to see your research and chat with you, if you ever in Cambridge in the UK Ill take you for a pint!

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; October 4th, 2011 at 12:00 PM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Velocity Kendall!

First, Doug Chiang + Ralph McQuarrie = Doug McQuarrie?

As for the hybridization thing, I have a B.A. in biology, so I totally get where you're coming from, yet over and over people report being involved in the hybrid program. And it's not just the Grays who do it. Reptilians and other races also have hybridization programs. Women talk about seeing fetuses (typically pink or gray in color) removed from their bodies. People are shown rooms full of hybrid fetuses incubating in tanks of liquid. People are shown their hybrid babies and children. Some even get to see the children at later stages of life as this has been going on for decades. How do they do it? Darn good question. How similar is their biochemistry to our own? Do they use the same genetic code? Could convergent evolution play a role? There are examples on Earth where different organisms have developed the same molecule from different evolutionary starting points, so maybe the genetic code we know, or variations of it, are more common in the galaxy than you might expect. Technically, a more correct term for the kind of hybridization they're doing might be hyper-hybridization, if it involves translation between different genetic languages. It might also be more correct to call it transgenosis, rather than hybridization. But point taken. I don't know how they do it or all the reasons why, but if the reports are to be taken literally, they do. I suspect some subtle technologies that we don't recognize or understand may be involved, and nanotechnology could be part of the explanation.

And I'm sure the Grays and "neonate" aliens don't think of themselves as monstrous. The sense of beauty evolves over time, and it relates to reproductive strategy. Their strategy seems to depend on technology and the exploitation of the human reproductive system. Perhaps they've lost the gender ideals for masculine and feminine beauty that we have. Bummer. I find it hard to imagine living in a world without "hot babes" to oggle.

Keep thinking and keep drawing.

On page 58 of A Visual Guide to Alien Beings was a single image of a stocky blue being. I gave it a squarish head because the ones that a particular family were interacting with seemed to have a squarish head that was flat on the top. Not everyone who has reported such beings has commented on that however, so I think there's variation in the head shape, and in most cases they are wearing hoods. Likewise, there seem to be a couple different types of hands reported. I gave this one thick, mitten-like hands, similar to what is shown in Betty Luca's drawings of Grays (see Raymond Fowler's books The Andreasson Affair and The Watchers).

I did the line work in ink and used colored pencil for the colors. Of course, the background here is done in Photoshop.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha, youre right of course, Ralph McQuarrie!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HSBmSmykBc

Estartleah=
    A Starlet Eh
    Astral Thee
    Are The Last
    Earths Late
    Heat Alerts
    Atlas Three
    Earths Tale
    Stealth Era
    Earth Steal
    Theta Laser
    Ate Her Last

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are an entertaining chap, Velocity Kendall.

Now for page 36 of A Visual Guide to Alien Beings, the story of Ruby the reptilian. These drawings were based on a couple of interviews (fancy word for "talking to" someone) done in 1994. I think the actual incident occurred a couple of years prior. It was a very influential case because the encounter took place while the witness was fully conscious, in his own home or office, conducting a hypnosis session on someone else, and he was able to remember a lot of visual details--the most important kind of details from my perspective as an artist/researcher. Ruby apparently felt threatened by the fact that this hypnotherapist was interfering with (i.e., trying to therapeutically help) her abductee, so she materialized there in order to make her displeasure known. Ruby did not make a good impression as far as representing her reptilian species in a positive light. And how do we know her name was Ruby? I forget if that was something she told the witness during the encounter, or perhaps they got this through the hypnosis he was doing. Whatever the situation I call this being Ruby. Apparently she had red eyes, perhaps a ruby red, so the name fits.

I should note that on the original version of the page I had jotted down a little thought about the survival imperative for civilization. This thought had nothing to do with the Ruby case, but I felt it was worth writing down so I stuck it at the bottom of the page. I apologize if that created a false impression for anyone. A Visual Guide to Alien Beings was just a collection of my drawings and notes, and included little thoughts and speculations that I felt like writing down. I'm not sure whether Ruby was much concerned with the survival of her civilization, or our civilization, or what. She seemed most interested in trying to scare this hypnotherapist and get him to back off of her abductee. Possessive b*tch. Well, don't forget, if you're having encounters or abduction experiences, those experiences belong to you. Your experiences are your own. Not the aliens', not the researchers'. And you are not anyone's property.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Velocity Kendall, I'm a fan of Dr. Kaku. I actually exchanged an e-mail about parallel universes with him after one of his appearances on the Art Bell radio show (over ten years ago). He's a smart guy, but he does suffer from the same self-assuredness and limited vision of some of the science community's other P.R. guys. At least his vision is less limited than many of his colleagues. I'd take Dr. Kaku over Prof. Lawrence Krauss any day.

Ok, a break from uploading the book pages. Here is the semi-finished version of my green-eyed reptilian. I simply added some color to the teeth. I'll call it finished, until I feel like doing more with it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Page 13 of A Visual Guide to Alien Beings. This was important because it was the first time I worked with someone who had a conscious recollection of an encounter with a "Gray" type alien, as opposed to the glowing hybrid-like beings Garnette was reporting. This was a brief physical encounter on board a fishing boat off Dutch Harbor, Alaska. During one of my meetings with this witness we used a tape measure to determine from his memory (of body position, etc.) the exact (within a couple inches) distance the being was from him and its height (40 inches). He interpreted the visitation as a warning to stop talking about UFOs.

In addition to this conscious sighting of a small Gray (actually light yellow-beige in color), and UFO sightings earlier in his life, this witness also had nocturnal recollections, which he attributed to dreams, of seeing a blue-gray being with a puckered, sphincter-like mouth, and on another occasion, seeing a slender being of yellow beige color in profile. He also recalled waking one night to discover that the window was inexplicably open, and thinking to himself "oh no, not again" before falling back to sleep. (I should note that in many cases the Grays do not need a window to be physically open to get you through it--solid glass is no obstacle for them.) He did not want to explore the possibility of his being an abductee, even though he did attribute some positive lifestyle changes (such as moving toward vegetarianism) to the alien presence in his life. In the upper right hand corner of the page you can see his pencil sketch of the small Gray.

At the bottom left corner of the page is my drawing of a "being of light" and some of my speculations about the relationship between alien encounters and near-death experiences, based on reading Raymond Fowler's book The Watchers, and talking to Garnette about her glowing visitors.

These are done in ink, though you can see some of the initial pencil work underneath.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I self-published A Visual Guide to Alien Beings in July of 1995, just in time for the annual MUFON Symposium. The July 2 interview with "Shannon" (describing an encounter that took place on June 25, 1995) that I've recorded on this page was the last experiencer interview I did that made it into the book. She talked about a craft that looked like an airplane on one side, but was a non-reflective dark gray on the other. She suspected that this was a reptilian craft. Also on this page, a drawing of a hand of one of the stocky blue beings (from another of Shannon's encounters--multiple encounters over the course of one's lifetime are the rule, not the exception), and an experience of Garnette's: being lead through a doorway on some sort of space colony past two muscular reptilian guards. The "corners" of the doorway should actually be smoother and more rounded--not sharp as I've drawn them. This page also includes a photocopy of a drawing by a retired Marine showing the right eye (with adjacent nose bridge suggested) of a 7 ft. tall reptilian. I never met this individual, but the photocopy was given to me by a mutual friend. The drawing is approximately life size (scale the long dimension of this page to 11 inches for an idea). The eyes of this species were not proportionally much larger than human eyes, so what the large size of the eyeball really suggests is that these guys are big. Next to the witness sketch of the reptilian eye you see my interpretation, done with my standard Pigma Micron 005 pen.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And now for page 20. I think I lost the first version of page 20 I did, but I had a photocopy so I didn't lose any information, and was able to trace over or re-draw everything, which improved the quality. That's why it says "p.20 revised" at the top. The upper part of the page is dedicated to W.H. who used to attend UFO groups with me. He was retired from the military, and told me about seeing a small humanoid at an underground NSA base back in 1969 (which also appears on p. 23, earlier in this sketchbook). He also had a childhood encounter with a Gray (this one was pale, or whitish in color) wearing a dark, navy blue uniform with little gold bird symbols, like stick pins, attached at the collar. This being put his hand on W.H.'s shoulder and told him, "You are one of us." W.H. believes he is a "walk-in" soul and this followed a childhood illness, if I remember the story correctly. This being was very slender and had smaller eyes and a wider mouth than most reported Grays. As I recall, he was not much taller than W.H. as a ~5 year old child at the time of the encounter.

Also on page 20 is a slender Gray with a very angular head, which may have been based on an abductee drawing I saw on television. It's hard to recall. And there's a drawing of a Gray doctor based on a case that was mentioned on the TV show Sightings, which was a convenient source of information on UFOs and aliens back in the early nineties.

On the lower part of the page is another drawing of the little guy with the notched collar from page 13 (Dutch Harbor, AK case). I was experimenting with using a gray pen to color the highlights in the eyes, but in fact the eyes of this being were shiny and solid black. Next to him is a variation on the Communion type Gray, with a larger puffy sort of cranium. I think this was based on an illustration in Linda Moulton Howe's Glimpses of Other Realities: Volume One as well as some drawings I saw at John Carpenter's presentation on multiple participant UFO abductions. Lined up along the bottom are four Gray or Gray-like alien heads, based on different sources from television and the UFO literature. One even has a little flap of skin visible for an external ear. Beneath these I wrote comments based on the opinion of Shaari, who believes she is an extraterrestrial walk-in. I was attempting to do a drawing or painting of the ET body she had before she entered her current human body, so I was gathering information from her.

Also on the lower part of the page is an eyewitness sketch (or tracing thereof) of an alien face that "B.H." remembers seeing. It was a steel gray color and had a long straight nose, but not a nose that sticks out. It was more like a nose ridge that ran down the face. It reminded me of a similar nose from the famous Herbert Schirmer case, as well as the drawings of "M.P.", a Las Vegas woman whose case is described in Val Valerian's Matrix II. Also, the drawings of the small beings from the old Villa Santina, Italy case (Prof. R. L. Johannis) show a similar sort of nose.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Page 31 of A Visual Guide to Alien Beings needed to be broken down. First an overview showing approximately how it appeared in the book. Then a tall Gray with a somewhat angular head, same type I've drawn previously that a particular family was interacting with. Alongside that image is a head of a somewhat similar type with a larger cranium and more shine to the eyes. I "derived" that image as I was exploring head shape and proportion. Then, a type of glowing "neonate" alien, or childlike being that Garnette has seen accompanying Estartleah in the some of her encounters, generally in a small group. The next image is a group of three faces showing aliens reported in Europe. The one with the round mouth and frill around the neck is from the Lothar Schaefler case, the other from the case of Rolf Fuller. I drew these from reference, using a book on European UFO contact cases someone had brought to one of our meetings. Next are some faces of Grays based on some images from Budd Hopkins' collection that were shown on TV when 48 Hours with Dan Rather did a program covering alien abductions. I also "imported" a drawing from page 13 to show the similarity in the type of collar reported in two different cases. Finally a drawing showing a couple of Grays, somewhat inspired by Betty Luca's art. Also a drawing showing three small Grays floating an abductee out of her home.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Page 46, based primarily on my interview with contactee F.K., a woman who, along with her daughters, was experiencing a number of contacts and abductions (many of the drawings in A Visual Guide to Alien Beings were based on the description of this woman and her family). This page is dedicated to her experiences with a praying mantis type alien, and the information she was able to get about them, both from them, and from the human-looking Nordic race of extraterrestrials that her family was interacting with. Also, at the right edge of the page is information about a trip she took to a planet that she was told was in the Pleiades star cluster. She visited a subterranean colony or outpost there where these Nordic types lived. She did get to go out on the surface briefly, protected by a form fitting body suit that left only her face exposed. She reported that the planet was very hot and mountainous. She could feel the heat on her face, but the suit she wore was thermally controlled so she wasn't uncomfortable. What follows is my based on my limited notes, and my sixteen year old recollections of my interview with F.K..

Her trip began as an out of body experience, but when she arrived at the craft, which was a classic flying saucer hovering out over the ocean, she materialized on board it, and could feel her weight again. Amazingly, she was still wearing the same nightgown (or an exact copy of it) that her original physical body was wearing back in bed. On board the craft she sat in a chair, the material of which conformed exactly to the shape of her body. So when she first sat down it felt like she was sinking into the chair and it was a little scary, but it was actually quite comfortable after she got used to it. As I recall, this craft was piloted by a couple of Grays. At one point, while they were cruising through the skies of the Earth, they warned her to hang on and then did something which caused the walls, floor and ceiling to seem to become invisible. It looked like she was just flying through the air, and that startled her for a moment, until she realized that she was perfectly safe and was still seated firmly in the chair.

I don't recall her describing how the interstellar journey was accomplished. I assume it was something quick like folding space. Upon arriving at the colony she was given a body suit, or uniform to wear, which she said closed with a seam down the front, like a zipper, except for the fact that there was no zipper, and the seam was completely invisible once it was sealed by the act of running her finger up the front of the suit. The Nordics were accompanied by both tall and short Grays. The taller ones were like doctors or physicians. The short ones were simple workers and gofers. Incidentally, not all of the human-like people in this colony looked Scandinavian. There were African and Asian looking people as well, though they tended toward the lighter skin tones. The Nordics were either tan skinned or fair, but could not be described as "pale" or sickly in any way. I've included a sketch of a Nordic infant to show that they are more fetus-like in appearance than human babies on Earth. I mean, in terms of the proportions of their eyes and so forth, they resemble the hybrid and neonate type aliens, but as they grow into childhood, they come to more closely resemble normal human children. F.K. saw both a nursery, and an area where these children were learning and playing.

When F.K. returned to her physical body at the end of the experience she noted that the process was painful or uncomfortable, as the physical form was much denser and heavier than the astral form she used to travel between her body and the craft. If I remember the story correctly, I think it was about a week or two after this experience that she saw the man who had been her guide during the trip. She was standing in line at the bank, when he walked in and said "hi" just to let her know that he was real and the experience had been real. Of course, she couldn't just blurt out to the other bank customers "Hey, this guy is from outer space" or something like that, and that was a little bit frustrating, but it was good for her to have this everyday reality confirmation of her experience. Whether this trip to the Pleiades really occurred? You be the judge. My advice, keep it in question, but I do believe F.K. to be an honest person who was describing what happened as best she understood it.

Also on page 46 near the top are some notes from my conversation with D.E., a woman who has seen small Grays, tall blue beings, and beings seemingly made of light.

In general I try to keep my sketchbook images to less than 1600x1200 for people with smaller monitors, but I felt it was best to present this page in one piece with sufficient detail to read my hand written notes (for the other UFO contact researchers out there). And you can always scroll.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Garnette got back to me today after looking at her drawing of the Singer:

"I didn't notice it before, but there is a mistake on 'The Singer' notes. It probably makes no difference to any one but me; but he wore yellow pants with a light blue turtle neck, rather than reversed, as David has it. With something so odd happening in my hallway, one of my major thoughts was that we wouldn't wear colors that way. Wouldn't we wear blue pants? Still seems odd to me that I zeroed in on that aspect of this encounter."

Garnette has an eye for detail and a desire to be accurate with this information, just as I do. So I did a little cutting and pasting to edit the notes that accompany the close up image of the Singer. Here is the corrected version.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Page 38, dedicated to reptilians, includes notes from my interviews with the man who saw Ruby. The top part of the page has a profile image showing approximately what Ruby's head would look like in profile. The scales were described as marbley, and they were close set, but did not actually overlap each other like snake scales do. The scales were flatter and smoother on the face and had the appearance of being directed away from the snout toward the back of the head. On the back of the head the scales were more bumpy, and appeared to have some volume to them. There were prominent brow ridges above the eyes, and a subtle ridge that ran down the center of the forehead, a little like a sagittal crest. Bands of darker color on the head led to the appearance of subtle bumps or knuckles in this ridge, or perhaps there were actually subtle, wave-like bumps. Incidentally, the heavy bone structure seen on some reptilians does suggest stronger jaw muscles than humans have. The scales/skin on Ruby's "lips" were softer and more pliable than those on the back of the head. Ruby's ears were apparently just small openings or holes in the side of the skull. The snout or muzzle was blunt and somewhat lizard-like in appearance but not very long, extending only a little further forward than where the tip of the nose would be on a human face.

One time when the witness visited me at my home, his first words upon my opening the door were "charcoal green-gray" as he had just recently done some hypnotic regression on the encounter and was able to more clearly answer my questions about Ruby's color. He went on to say "dark alligator colors". The colors on the face and ridges were lighter and had more yellow. The scales around the mouth and nostrils were even yellower. The scales around the rims of Ruby's eyes were bright yellow, but there was a strong, powdery aqua blue color that was visible between the scales of the lower eyelids, almost like natural make up. I will have more to say about Ruby's eyes in a future post.

We talked about Ruby's hands and claws. She had five-fingered hands, similar to human hands in the arrangement of fingers and thumb. This differs from some other cases where people only see three fingers and a thumb. Some people report that the reptilians' hands are webbed, but Ruby only had a hint of webbing, perhaps extending to the first knuckle. I mentioned another case to the witness, in which the claws were described as an inch and a half in length. Apparently Ruby's claws were not quite that long, but since about half the length of the claw is actually over the fingertip (i.e., like a human fingernail is on/over the fingertip and would only extend out beyond it if it hadn't been trimmed recently) the claw will appear longer from above than it actually is.

Also on page 38 is a speculative drawing showing a reptilian wearing a body suit and a belt, and a couple of other reptilian portraits, exploring what I thought these beings might look like.

I also wrote down a brief note from my interview with F.K. with her ideas on the home world of one reptilian species, possibly based on information she was shown by the Nordics. And at the bottom of the page, some speculations as to how creatures like the Grays and reptoids might have evolved.

These drawings were done in ink with the colors being done in pencil. Of course, I cleaned them up in Photoshop before posting.

Last edited by Dahami; October 17th, 2011 at 12:26 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Page 42 of A Visual Guide to Alien Beings, not the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything, but as good a starting point as any. The main thing you see on the top part of the page is a drawing of Ruby that attempts to show how her pupils expanded to fill the entire visible part of the eye and appeared to take on a fiery red glow when she became angry. I assume this actually means that there was no sclera or "white" visible, and that, as with many reptiles on Earth, the iris completely filled the portion of the eyeball that you could see. I've come across other cases, where it is reported that the iris of a reptilian can change color. For example, an iris that is yellow or orange when the being is relaxed can be a vivid red when the being is angry or aroused. The ready explanation for that would be chromatophores. But the man who saw Ruby didn't talk about the iris. It seems from my notes and what I recall of the conversation that he was talking about the pupil widening or dilating to fill the eyeball with a bright red color. And I think he said that the eye actually glowed from within, though I was having a hard time accepting that at the time, since it sounds more "paranormal" than what I was used to dealing with. I've learned that it's important to just listen to what the witness is saying during these interviews, rather than allowing one's mind to search for explanations. After the fact, I did think about the tapetum lucidum, which is a layer of cells at the back of the eyeball that can cause "eyeshine" in nocturnal animals such as cats, but I don't believed this can explain the effect observed in Ruby, in which case the red glow seemed to be associated with her mood. So what color was Ruby's iris? I don't recall the witness mentioning any color other than red, but the iris may have been a different shade of red from the pupil, or may have had a tinge of some other color, like orange, to it. He mentioned yellow as regards the scales around the eye, but not the eye itself. It's important to be prepared to ask the right questions during these interviews, in order to get as much visual detail as possible.

On the left hand side of the upper part of the page is a small portrait of a reptilian seen by a woman named C.S., but it's not accurate as it was done before we had a good sit down session. You'll see the results of that later in the sketchbook. The main thing to note is that her reptilian did have some sclera visible. Allegedly it was an advanced hybrid race, the result of past crossbreeding experiments between reptoids and humans. On the upper right hand part of the page is an image of a being named Kraton that was seen by another woman during meditation. This version of Kraton has undergone a number of revisions, so it's somewhat more accurate than my earlier ones. The two drawings of the hooded reptilian represent Ruby's "monk's robe" type garment, that she initially used to conceal her reptilian nature.

At the top of the page is a little note about "colors of memory and forgetfulness", which refers to something that was allegedly used within the military to compartmentalize a soldier's memories so that he could carry out secret work but not remember the details afterwards. The colors were produced by a machine that had a function or purpose similar to the neuralizer in the film Men In Black. If we really have such advanced technology, it begs the questions: where did we get it, and who controls it?

There was a couple I knew who apparently first met during their "on board" experiences, and recognized each other on some level when they met for the first time in our world. They actually got married. The drawing of the human-like face with the gold irises and vertical pupils is the wife's recollection of what the husband looked like in a past life.

Also, I drew a praying mantis type alien based on a drawing by researcher Bill McDonald that was shown on the TV show Sightings, and a couple drawings of reptilian-Grays, which are beings that have the general body shape of a small Gray, but the scaly skin and vertical pupils of a reptilian. The forward facing image was an experiment with a different way of rendering the scales, and I don't really like the way it turned out, as I think it looks more bumpy than scaly. Since I published A Visual Guide to Alien Beings in 1995, that's the year that's printed at the bottom of the pages, but much of the content was actually produced in 1994, or earlier.

Drawings done in ink over pencil (I'm not one of those people who can get the lines right on the first try) with colored pencil for the colors.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Page 21 of A Visual Guide to Alien Beings. A Nordic male about 6'2" tall with long hair down to his waist or below, and tall Grays. Most of the drawings based on the case of N.K.. The large space colony toward the bottom of the page is based on something Garnette saw during her experiences.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dudddde...huge fan of your work!!

AIM: teh um

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the_um, Thanks.

One of the images from page 19 (more to come). I interviewed a woman in August 1993 about an experience she shared with her son back in 1969 or 1970 when he was a 5 year old child. As I recall the story, she heard him calling out to her in fear, so she ran to his bedroom and stopped in the doorway when she saw this 9 ft. tall creature standing over him. It seemed to be made of shadowy black energy, and was so tall that it had to bend over to fit in the room. The creature turned to look at her, moving slowly, as if in slow motion. Its eyes glowed white. The head was small for the body, and its outline had an unnatural curvature to it, as if it wasn't actually solid but was simply an energy field holding a vaguely humanoid form. The creature was holding a black cube-shaped box several inches on each side. Both the creature and the box seemed electronic. She sensed that it intended to use this box to harm her son. With a calmness and sense of knowing that she could not explain, she said to her son that the being could not hurt him. At this point there was a rapid shift of energy and the being "blinked out" and disappeared.

I don't know if this experience was related to the UFO phenomenon or not. Was this being a UFO occupant? It seemed "electronic" to her, like an artificial life form, but there was kind of an interdimensional aspect to the experience and the way the being disappeared. This is kind of like a "shadow person" experience, and some such experiences can be explained by sleep paralysis or "waking dreams". However, the woman was not lying paralyzed during this event, but standing upright in the bedroom doorway. Her son may have been paralyzed in bed, but he was able to call out to her. I actually had a sleep paralysis experience of my own in 1992, which involved seeing a "shadow man", but there was nothing paranormal about that as far as I could tell. This encounter with a 9 ft. tall energy creature remains a mystery.

This drawing was done in ink based on a sketch by the witness.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What does an insect-like or praying mantis type alien look like? I've been wondering that ever since I first heard about them back around 1991. I was frustrated by the fact that drawings of such beings were hard to come by. Page 22 chronicles the first time I was able to work closely with an experiencer who had seen such a being. In the bottom right corner are a couple drawings by the witness herself, surrounding them are my interpretations. Above that is a drawing based on an image that was shown on the TV show Sightings (the original was by artist Bill McDonald) to which I added a pair of small "feelers" on top of the head. At the time I assumed that since the first praying mantis type I came across in my research had such feelers, all praying mantis types must have them. Well, over the next few years I met with a few other people who had seen such beings, and none of them described "feelers" on top of the head. In fact, each of the beings differed in the particulars of anatomy, in spite of general similarity in the proportions and appearance of the eyes, way the being moved, texture of the skin, etc...

I should also note that in this 1994 interview F.K. reported 4 to 6 little segments in each of the two "mandible" structures next to the mouth. In a later interview she described them as having 8 to 10 segments. Occasionally I come across small inconsistencies like this in my research. I assume they have something to do with the workings of memory. They have never been significant enough to overcome the sense of honesty and sincerity I get when interacting with these witnesses.

Also, on the top left hand side of the page is a drawing based on a detailed but somewhat ambiguous description of a praying mantis type ET from Dr. Richard Boylan's book Close Extraterrestrial Encounters. I liked that book and its optimistic ideas about the positive intentions of the visitors. I only wish it had contained more drawings with more detail and refinement, and better descriptions accompanying those drawings. That, of course, is the frustration I have with much of the UFO literature, which is kind of why I set out to do this research myself. I think sometime in 1994 I met Dr. Boylan when he spoke in West Seattle, and he confirmed that my drawing was not accurate. In the years that followed he became known as a strong advocate of the idea that the visitors are friendly, but kind of went off on his own tangent, becoming as much a "believer" in his own specific conclusions as he was a researcher seeking the truth. Of course, the same could be said for other researchers in this field. Everyone has their own ideas about the meaning of UFO contact. No one who gets seriously involved in this can remain truly "on the fence" all of the time. And as a general rule, anyone who is actively engaged in this research, taking the time to investigate it and listen to what the experiencers of the phenomenon report, will have some knowledge and insight to contribute to the rest of us.

Finally, near the center of the page, is a drawing of a tall Gray by a witness, and my interpretation alongside.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now for a diversion. Garnette Doonan's original painting of Estartleah was stolen (or permanently borrowed) around 20 years ago, but I did find an old VHS cassette with an image of it, and I took a screenshot. It's the roughest looking of the pictures below, with color artifacts and whatnot, due to the image deterioration on the tape. Next to that is an image I created by merging that image with the Photoshop portrait I created a few years ago. Below those I've done a larger one showing my Photoshop portrait of Estartleah, side by side with a new version I've been working on, which is actually mirrored down the center. I think the nose is a tiny bit too wide, but I will fix that in the final. Estartleah is a very beautiful being and makes a compelling portrait, and was also one of the very first aliens described to me by an experiencer when I first began doing this work in the early nineties, so I keep coming back to her.

And at about 12:50pm on Halloween there was a large unmarked white van in my neighborhood about a block from my house. Am I just being paranoid?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is a great thread. Very interesting subjects you have there, specially the reptoids. I'd like to see more stuff from your book. Specially pages 17 and 30, in this large format. I believe you have already posted page 17, but it would be nice to see it in a larger format, and broken down into sections so text can be clearly read.

Your work is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bump.

I should point out, as he is far too modest to mention it, that Dahami is one of the key illustrators in the UFO investigation field, and his work appears in many publications and presentations in the field.
    (Although my jury's out as to what it all means, I admit Im a huge UFO enthusiast, and a big fan of the very down to earth researchers working in the field and see Dahamis intricately researched and well corroborated work all over the net. I would say as well, to tweak the interest someone new to ufology, that in addition to simple country folk, many military men and pilots do admit, at least on Youtube videom that they have witnessed bizarre and unexplained things in the course of their jobs. There are video witness reports from senior retired missile men from the US army and airforce swear blind UFOs appeared to tamper with their nuclear weapons and space projects, and evidence released by the comparitively less secretive armed forces of Latin American nations which back this up, which certainly piqued my curiosity. Similar investigations by serving and retired lawmen into perplexing cases demonstrate similarly fascinating and baffling results, and all of this, along with the whole gamute of quality of evidence, from lunatics to astronauts is online.)

Personally I think it would be great if some of the amazingly talented artists here at CAO could take some of his research and render it up to top quality imagery using their skills. I suggested this as a subject for a concept art lesson to Jason, but it was decided it might be problematic for ownership reasons, which I hadnt considered, and is fair enough.
    However Im sure if you would be amenable Dahami, and people and the organisers were up for it, such a theme might be implimented as one of the weekly just-for-fun activities, like the Character of the Week, or informally as a fun on-going activity, and could result in some really great work. Perhaps if anyone has any thoughts and you want to avoid spamming Dahamis thread more than i already have, PM me!

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; December 29th, 2011 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    skishyish, when I get around to more scanning and Photoshopping and whatnot, I will put up more pages in the larger format, including pages 17 and 30, not necessarily exactly as they appear in A Visual Guide to Alien Beings, which in spite of being long out-of-print, I still consider a kind of work in progress. My latest upload fest occurred while I was between jobs. If "the Man" wants to hold back my uploading, he just needs to keep me employed.

Velocity Kendall, I would love to see some of the talent here at Concept Art take on this subject, or re-draw my work. One thing that can be done is to try to visualize what these beings look like from different angles or in different poses, if one wants to create something original that avoids "ownership" issues. My view is that I'm documenting something that exists in nature, or at least in some parallel reality or archetypal realm or something, and therefore I am not creating characters that I own. And while I believe that the experiencers of alien contact own their own experiences, I also believe that once they choose to share this information with the wider public, it simply becomes part of shared human knowledge, collectively owned by everyone. I do see the choice to share one's alien encounter experiences with others as kind of a sacred thing, and many people opt to hold back some of the experience for a variety of reasons.

In any case, I generally give permission to use my art to those who ask for it, as the whole goal behind creating it is to be helpful to those who are in a position to further the public understanding of the alien encounter experience, in order to help create a socio-cultural environment where experiencers feel free to talk about this stuff without any sense of risk or stigma.

Here's an image that I drew around 1996 showing a Gray alien holding a box. It's probably based on some art that was shown on TV with one of Dr. David M. Jacobs' appearances, combined with my own imagination. This one doesn't have the steeply slanted eyes that most witnesses describe or represent the Grays as having in their drawings. Go figure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow dude, this is a great thread. Reminds me of a naturalists notebook or something. I guess it is a similar idea. I agree that an activity surrounding your work sounds like a good idea. Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dahami,
    Did a speed sculpt of the alien on page #233. I'll probably add the hair at some point but not tonight. Hope it's okay to post here.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Travis Smith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Tb0ne! I'm glad this inspired you. If you want to be strictly accurate, though, the nose should be smaller and much more subtle, and same with the lips. She has no mammary glands, but clearly has feminine features and a feminine sense of presence. Also, the forehead/cranium should be higher and larger in front. I know, maybe my front-on views don't convey that well enough, but I discussed this with Garnette. Here's a quote from her regarding my plan to do a profile view: "As for Estartleah from the side. She has a slightly rounded forehead, but because her nose and mouth is so small, it gives the slight impression of a flat face. Her chin is small and doesn't protrude, nor does it sink in. Probably even with her cheeks. Does that make sense? The eyes do bulge a little." In short, shrink the lips/mouth (she has little tooth buds, and a small mouth with very thin lips), shrink the tip of the nose, perhaps make the eyes a little longer/larger, pull the chin back just a little so it doesn't protrude (it's pointed but rounded at the same time), and definitely increase the size of the cranium in front. Remove the breasts and simplify the anatomy overall. She is not human and everything (bone structure, tendons, etc.) should be more subtle, as if only a suggestion. You might want to look at the original Ted Seth Jacobs cover painting for Whitley Strieber's 1987 book Communion. Combine that with what you've done here and I think it will provide a pretty good idea for what Estartleah looks like.

That said, you could also just continue along your own path and create your own "Estartleah-inspired" design with the more human-like features, as you've done. When I get around to scanning again I should upload my own sketch I did attempting to show her from a 3/4 view. Thanks again for doing this work, and thank you for posting here.

Last edited by Dahami; March 7th, 2012 at 05:30 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It really did, there's a number of alien drawing here that I might want to study for speed sculpts if that is alright. I might try something closer to your description later for Estartleah or pehaps just refine the sculpt that was there already. I created another speed sculpt based on the drawing on post 217, not as happy with this one, having trouble with dynamesh when sculpting sharper edges.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 34