Sketchbook: Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens - Page 6

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    plokoon, thanks for your comments on the progress of "Galactic Family." Here is a screenshot showing my current work on the mantis being, and some reference images. I am actually sitting in front of the screen with a clipboard, pencil and paper trying to hand draw a suitable mantis right now. It's funny, but for a second I got confused between my clipboard and my Wacom Intuos graphics tablet.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Almost there...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh ! Pretty nice !
    I see harmony , all colors congruence among themselves .
    I could looking to this for hours.

I would like to seen end of Your cover ( with titles )
    I can't wait

btw

http://processmediainc.com/process_b...100%20copy.jpg
    Is ''Ashtar Sharan'' in back of Your Booklet?

or 2 Grays ?
    http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1...utyiuuiiyu.png

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    plokoon, I once tried to do an image of "Commander Ashtar" for someone I knew who was channeling him, and had a vision of him partly materialize in her kitchen, as best I recall. I never finished the image and I never published it, so any images of him you find online are done by someone else. What I remember is that he had fair, refined features and a high forehead with a widow's peak haircut.

Yes there is a color image of two Grays on the back of my old booklet, which I will post here at some point. I know, I know... It takes me a while to do anything. Have patience.

So this is a progress on the mantis. I wanted to give you a close up this time, as I am starting to like the way this is shaping up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Are we there yet? I'm going to call it done for now. To my friend Kim: How do you like it?

I used Photoshop to clean up and revise the various alien beings in the picture, and for some of the beings (as you will recall if you've followed my progress) I created new drawings in pencil, and then scanned them in and integrated them into the image. I tried to retain some of the hand made look of the original, so that it doesn't look completely digital. That involved playing around with layer transparencies and blending modes.

I do feel a little like a one trick pony when it comes to Photoshop. There are probably more efficient ways of achieving the same results, but I don't do this for a living, so I haven't forced myself to learn them yet.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 924 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    looking at your work always makes me smile! Keep pushing dude!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks lolbbq, I will.

These are sketches I did years ago, after reading a description of a lithe, little Gray type alien crouched on a bed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh my fauvorite type of art
    I am love it
    Of course I will not be offend if i see more

Aha and i would like to invite You Sir to my new ugly doodles

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The male hybrid being in uniform, from an encounter that took place in 1995. I could probably do some more detail work around the eyes and with the uniform, and perhaps smooth out some of the edges, but I'm going to call him done (for now). This is at least close to what the witness reported, and the drawings she produced. The skin was described as ash white, like porcelain, without the pink undertone that one sees in human skin. There were subtle age lines around the eyes. The iris was a crystal gray color. The uniform had a lapel, and was green like split pea soup, but with a hint of gray. There might have been additional detail like piping or cording along the edges, and perhaps shiny buttons or an emblem of some sort. Overall the look reminded the witness of a Confederate uniform from the Civil War. This being was acting as a supervisor. That from my notes on my conversation with the witness, and the notes that accompanied the drawings she sent me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That last one is both creepy and awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the aliens and really great idea, but the humans look at little stiff, but maybe it's on purpose.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mr. David
    keep posting pages from Your booklet Please .
    I would like to see , what intresting is there

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aimeemcfarlane, Thanks!

jskotte, The "stiffness" is on purpose, to try to suggest that they are not Earth humans, but you're right that I do have difficulty drawing humans and giving them an appropriately dynamic look (i.e., gesture).

plokoon, More illustrations from the booklet are coming.

So I'm working more on coloring my old image of the reptilian being called Renjeck (the one I use for my avatar). I'm trying to get more solid color to the scales and remove some of the underlying white. Maybe later I'll add some more lighting/shadow effects. Most of the skin on the body is supposed to have a beaded texture, a little like a Gila monster, but the skin on the face is smoother. Here's the latest progress.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank You for reply Sir

Hey Sir, I found this illustration and i thought that will be good idea to post
    If i copied Your rights so , Iam sorry

but i love this drawing , that hybrid , that greys ... amazing

Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens

Last edited by plokoon; April 28th, 2010 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi plokoon. It's been a while since I've seen that one. That was one of my anime/manga style female hybrids. The proportions of the eyes on some of the hybrids actually remind people of living manga characters. The cape with the high collar on the tall Gray overseer is based on a drawing in Edith Fiore's book, and a drawing Steve Neill did for Yvonne Smith's presentations. Smith called it a "Dracula cape."

More progress on Renjeck. It's slow going as I'm just massaging the scale pattern and working with layers in different blending modes to adjust color and shadow. I use a lot of darken, multiply, screen and overlay mode, with differing transparency levels, to achieve different effects. I'm sure a professional could do this more quickly and efficiently, but I'm experimenting and learning the ways of Photoshop. Right now I've exaggerated the delineations between scales in some areas. Eventually I'll paint over those lines with a semi-transparent layer to make things more subtle and realistic.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice to see, often posting of You
    I have hope When You end Your Renjeck
    You will post some of pages from Your book with sketches.

Hey Sir! Look what i found on dr. Boylan's page

Your sketch of 'Galactic Family' ... but ofcourse In Mega Very 'good' Quality... :/

Hmmm I am wondering how You do every repitlle husk (for example here in Renjeck)
    every ONE HUSK is sizing > coloring > lasso > smudge tool > burn tool> duble klicked ??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    plokoon, I think I gave Dr. Boylan a photocopy of that to use back in 1994, when the first version of "Galactic Family" was still in the early stages. Cool to see it again.

Lasso, smudge, burn, layers... I use it all in working on the scale pattern. Lately I've been trying to add the 3D effect to the beaded skin on Renjeck's body. I lasso a section and then copy and paste it to a separate layer, then use Image>Adjustments>Levels... (or Curves...) to exaggerate the contrast between the deeper, shaded parts of the scales and the raised highlights. Then I adjust the color saturation and transparency and merge it with the layer below. If I need to redraw the lines separating the scales I sometimes use a semitransparent layer in Multiply mode. There are lots of ways of doing all this, and I'm still experimenting and learning.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice to see Your post Sir.
    Actually , I have got too many of pages , pictures , illustrations from our branch
    but I don't know which are Yours or someone other.

I know how many time, and work is in photoshop , to do someting like this,
    ('New' Renjeck should be in Kim Carlsberg book ) 2 last amendment and I will say[...] something

Hmm if You will interested to create re-book just do it like Mr.Kim

http://www.blurb.com/create/book/end...?register=true
    I am reccomending , becouse i play with it too

Your ® Renjeck sketch ©

P.s. Sir, Do You know mayby something About 'Ra' alien race ? or how do they looks like? ( i read only , that people have got channeling contact with them) , first impression was - Egyptian god Ra(Re).
    btw. when i was smaller i was intresst of Acient Egipt (especially gods)

Last edited by plokoon; May 11th, 2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: add sth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    plokoon, I am a great admirer of Kim Carlsberg and her book Beyond My Wildest Dreams, which is about the UFO abduction experience. In particular, I love the artwork by Darryl Anka that is featured in her book, even though it is generally more stylized than I usually prefer. And I see you found my original Renjeck drawing, which was published in Ronald Story's book The Encyclopedia of Extraterrestrial Encounters in 2001. I did an entry for the book entitled Alien Gallery.

As for Ra? I know that Ra is the Sun god of the ancient Egyptians and that some people feel there is a connection between ancient Egypt and their UFO experiences. Ra is usually represented as having the body of a man with the head of a falcon. In Whitley Strieber's book Breakthrough: The Next Step he writes about an event in which a guest at his cabin observed a small gray being with a narrow face and big, black eyes that apparently transformed into "an apparition with the head of an eagle or falcon." The Grays can be so theatrical sometimes. As far as a particular alien race associated with Ra, however, I don't think I can help you. I've heard of a birdlike race described in channeled material, but I'm not aware of anyone who has reported physically seeing such a thing. Some of the mantis type beings are said to have a beak-like mouth area, so they could be regarded as superficially birdlike, but I can't really equate that with "Ra."

So here's the latest progress on Renjeck. It is really slow going at this point. I'm mostly focusing on the detail work right now, and later plan to work over the whole image with a larger brush size, layering on some more color and obscuring, to some degree, the lines that separate the scales. Of course, I'll have earlier versions of the file saved in case I need to get those lines back. Part of what's taking so long, however, is that I haven't been in touch with the witness for quite a while, so I don't have him to critique my progress. Basically I'm just going off my notes and trying to get it to look "right," but I don't necessarily have a really clear image in my mind of what it's supposed to look like. Soon enough I'll call it finished, then later, after showing it to the witness and getting some pointers, maybe I'll revise it again.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for informations

there is a fragment from cassiopeans connection

(...)
    Q: (L) I didn’t specify the density. Just in our immediate planetary area.
    (T) That’s how many of them are working this project.
    (L) Now, I’m sure that there are... here, hand me this little booklet here. We have here some drawings of supposed alien servants. This one right here is called a Rigelian servant. It’s a proto-synthezoid, in other words, a cyber-genetic. Is this an accurate representation of this being, and does this being actually exist?
    A: Yes.
    (...)
    http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vi...iopaeans17.htm

Last edited by plokoon; May 20th, 2010 at 03:27 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    plokoon, Not mine. I have seen several illustrations by this artist before, over the past ten years or so, but do not know the name. You are not the first to mistake them for possibly being my work, but they are not. Most of what I have seen by this artist are black and white line drawings, similar to this one, depicting different supposed alien races. I do not know anything about the artist's sources or the research that went into the drawings. This artist tends to use cross-hatching to represent shadow/texture, and tends to draw aliens with bulging veins in their heads, and fairly extreme or exaggerated features. Where the names of the aliens or alien races are specified, they often have apostrophes. I remember portraits of beings called Throob and Th'laapsh, or something similar. Do some research with Google and I'm sure you'll find the information you seek eventually. In the meantime, go ahead and remove the image. I can't claim credit for someone else's work, nor would I want to. I want my name to be associated with my work, so that I can answer questions about it for those who are interested.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are out of this world man. What alien do you most relate to? The lizard i see. Great work. Im excited to see more in the future.

Though the bamboo forest is dense, water flows through it freely.

My Sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank You for reply again !
    - Yes every picture of this Artist have got veins, and crossing lines of shadows
    You are helpful

But Can You write me (When You will find a bit time) to write discription of Throob( this guy have fins like i read ; no discription of head!) and any other species (If You remember how do these look like)
    I writing to You becouse in other pages people wasn't realy helpful , exacly they were really lazy. ( they have got access to old books with illustrations)

Like i told if You find any time pls write in my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    plokoon, I remember "Throob" had folds in the skin like one of the stocky little blue guys. I think the skin had a rough texture, but I'm not sure if it had scales. I'll bet the image is still online somewhere. I'm sure you'll come across it eventually. But you've got plenty of other material to work from in the meantime, and there's always basic anatomy and other stuff to practice.

Okay here it is... My final (maybe not, but perhaps for the foreseeable future) version of the Renjeck portrait. This reptilian being is a male, highly intelligent, seemingly amoral at times, and does whatever it takes to get the job done. He is a kind of mercenary/enforcer and he works for the Grays to keep unwanted influences (i.e., other alien species and groups) out of their turf.

The portrait is based on information provided by Kenny Bakeman, author of Verges of the Weird: A Chronicle of Alien Encounters. I don't know if all his memories of alien encounters are "real," but in the time I've known him, Kenny has convinced me that he's not making this stuff up, and he is sane, articulate and intelligent. Further, many of the details of his encounters corroborate things reported by others. But if you read his book, you'll see why it is difficult to accept that everything happened literally as he remembers it. So that's the backstory on Renjeck. The name, by the way, was communicated to Kenny telepathically during a childhood meeting with this lizard-man.

I haven't been in touch with Kenny in several months, and I doubt that the colors, shape of the scales and so forth are exact, but this is close enough for now. Notable are the leathery plates on the forehead, whereas most reported reptilians have some sort of central ridge instead.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay I found it , You had right , thanks a lot i never saw something strange like that
    http://www.volny.cz/rojar/cryptozool.../bbc09_003.jpg
    http://www.volny.cz/rojar/cryptozool.../bbc09_004.jpg

Ofcourse beautiful finish
    but one more question to Renjeck , Is he good creature or evil?
    becouse like we know , reptillians are evil in 80%

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Martell.Joshua, Thanks. More to come I assure you.

plokoon, Good job hunting down the "Throob" picture. I usually don't post just to answer a question, as this is my sketchbook, but your question about Renjeck was irresistible, and excellent, and it made me laugh out loud, because Renjeck is such a mixed bag.

Kenny had several encounters with Renjeck over the past few decades, since he was a child. Is Renjeck good or evil? Do the ends ever justify the means? Is the agenda of the Grays (or faction thereof) that Renjeck is enforcing a good thing? If the Grays are keeping our planet out of the hands of beings worse than themselves, then perhaps they are serving an important ecological role, and Renjeck is a part of this.

Renjeck is capable of expressing remorse, and he's capable of inspiring laughter, and he's capable of being tough and ruthless, and of killing, and of ordering the execution of a defenseless being. You'd have to read Verges of the Weird or talk to Kenny Bakeman to get more insight. He sometimes posts at Whitley Strieber's discussion board (at the UnknownCountry.com site).

I'll probably do more drawings of Renjeck in the future. I believe he may be real, but even if he's just a character from Kenny's subconscious mind, he certainly is an interesting character.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm using Photoshop to color a picture of a praying mantis type alien. You may recognize the picture from the first page of my sketchbook. I thought about scanning the original sketch, but decided to just take the file, which was a photograph of the sketch, and color that, as that keeps the interesting lighting effect I got when I took the photo. I call that a happy accident. This is kind of an experiment. I just want to make the image look more interesting and more "finished" looking than the rough pencil sketch I started from.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Experimenting with backgrounds, with some help from a friend. I also intend to do some work to add additional color, light, shadow and dimensionality to the mantis figure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice try with Mantis
    I am sorry, I wasn't here a bit time , becouse i complemented my knowledge.

Btw. I found some book cover. I dont know what is inside. but i think this first reptoid is Yours, and There is Seattle

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    plokoon, That brings back some memories. The reptoid, Gray and Nordic/hybrid face are mine. I think the rest of the art and layout were done by Robert "Bob" Fairfax. Bob also did several depictions of UFO craft that Peter Davenport of the National UFO Reporting Center has used in his presentations. That was the conference where I met Dr. Joe Lewels. I later did a few illustrations for his book The God Hypothesis, which addressed parallels between biblical stories and modern accounts of alien contact. The most interesting presentation at that conference, however, was that of Dan Wright who presented on the preliminary findings of the MUFON Abduction Transcription Project, which ran through the mid-nineties. His presentation also featured paintings of different types of UFO occupants created by artist Josi Galante, who more recently did the art for Jim Sparks' book The Keepers. The MUFON 1995 International UFO Symposium Proceedings contains the write ups for that year's presentations at the conference.

Here it is... My final (more or less) version of the mantis image. Sure, I could add more color and make it more 3D looking, but it's time for me to move on to other things. You may notice that the background we chose is based on version 3 above, as I think it helps focus attention on the mantis itself. Apart from that the most substantive change is the addition of a visible fourth finger on the hand furthest from the viewer. I wanted it to be clear that this species has four digits on each hand.

Last edited by Dahami; February 21st, 2013 at 12:57 AM.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 30