Follows
    Following
    you get my last mail ?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    miston, thanks for your e-mail and your work on the case you mentioned. The images you shared with me are helpful. I only know so much about the mantis beings. I think it's interesting that you contacted me around the same time that a friend of mine made a request of me regarding the mantises. Keep drawing.

Here's a simple study I did a little while back of some reptilian drawings by the artist Christine Dennett, also known as Kesara. I admire her work. Her style is not always as realistic as I like, but one thing that sticks with me is that a few years ago, I met a boy who reported being abducted by reptilian beings on an ongoing basis. Looking at Kesara's portraits of the reptilians, he felt that they were closer to what he had seen than my drawings were (such as the Renjeck image I use as my avatar).

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man you should start with the gesture and structure, and leave the shading and color for later, otherwise your drawings will still look kinda stiff, and lifeless

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are trippy. The whole subject of UFOs and extra-terrestrials is a really interesting one, that I wish I had more time to read into; everything I've heard has been from recorded episodes of Coast to Coast AM.

From a purely technical standpoint, I think some value studies in b&w might make your color work more vivid. A lot of your color pieces are very high-key and don't utilize much of the value range; I think if you pushed that, your work would gain another dimension of realism (but probably also get a lot more scary, so maybe that's not a good thing )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    andres333, In some instances I want my subjects to look stiff, as the Grays often do, but not lifeless, so thanks for the recommendation regarding gestural studies. Your stuff certainly includes some characters with a sense of dynamic movement in their poses, which does add life to an image.

jcpahl, I'd love to see you tackle some UFO occupants in your art. You're great with the b&w value studies of fantasy creatures and characters, and it would be interesting to see how that translates to extraterrestrials or aliens. Thanks for the input.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Iam sorry Mr.David but i had a bit of study
    and i forget about drawing of some days...
    but i keep drawing now and iam busy of research diffrent types of alien races
    (but iam bored when i see only the same grays or reptillans in 100 webpages xD)
    btw,
    jcpahl have right , becouse reptoids ,draconians etc , isn't friendly (we know about that ) they need more evil (eyes can show us who is who)
    One type only what i found isn't dangerous...

Aha i drew fast a type of grey
    with ...ehm ... You see
    I redrew from old book (Mr.s Valdemar Valerian'smatrix ... i don't remeber)
    (IT) becouse people think They haven't got IT like we
    You can see other new sketches in my sketchbook

Aha did you was in Mrs. (Kesera's) official website?
    There are all pictures by herself

Last edited by plokoon; December 11th, 2009 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good work plokoon, but you don't need to post here. I check out your sketchbook from time to time.

I wonder, also, if a Gray should have a navel. Budd Hopkins has mentioned that often they do not. Most of the gestation occurs outside the human (or alien) body, apparently, and the nutrients may just go through the skin, or some other attachment. Genitals are rarely reported on Grays, but some do have them in at least a couple of accounts. I guess, if they have them, they are usually concealed within the body. Keep practicing with your art. Keep drawing. The UFO community still needs more illustrators for this stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fine
    I found all reports of alien beings
    by discriptions of witnesses and similar cases i re-create how can look like diffrent alien
    i started of cases from 1910 - 1019
    and i have hope i will draw years later and later
    Its to hard draw alien when is only discription of built and height and skin color
    I haven't got the most important things head , arms ,hands ,legs
    i can only adjust to body that may He or she not looks like funny.

btw.

I found this article in youtube (with Your book)
    This Man is Mr. Lloyd Pye with Star child skull
    in 4:43 sec. is Your book
    he descript some pages

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_M5RAsMcGU

If You want i can send You (Valdemar Valerian's -books ; I have all of his )
    This isnt't problem
    I have in Pdf file
    There are too many intresting things

Thanks
    Thanked 3,056 Times in 945 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by plokoon View Post
    Fine

i started of cases from 1910 - 1019
    In order to find them you bend time!

Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    plokoon,

I'm familiar with Valdamar Valerian's Matrix II, Kesara's site, and Lloyd Pye. I have a much more traditional (i.e., "Darwinian") view of evolution than Pye does, but I appreciate all he's done on behalf of the "Starchild" skull and his research related to UFOs and cryptozoology. He's always been good about giving credit when he uses my illustrations, and he is a very dedicated, sincere individual.

If you need inspiration or guidance on the anatomy and appearance of alleged aliens, you can certainly find a lot on the internet, and I would be honored to see my drawings used as reference.

Randis, thanks for stopping by, and good observation.

I'm working on redrawing or altering an old image of mine I call "Galactic Family." Toward that end, I've been studying a couple of "Oriental" or Mongoloid looking aliens (based on the appearance of the eyes). Here are a couple of WIPs.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dahami nice design.. u should minimize ur images i think.. and u should draw more aliensss with full body.. u will improve... keep it up ... (:

My Concept Sketchbook - My Profile - Don't care my grammar level.. Because i don't know anything about it..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ''Originally Posted by plokoon

i started of cases from 1910 - 1019 ''

In order to find them you bend time!

Randis look ... i haven't got time for searching , becouse i have this
    In the closest future read carefully

I have descriptions from 10000 bc - 1700, 1910 - Present

If you need inspiration or guidance on the anatomy and appearance of alleged aliens, you can certainly find a lot on the internet, and I would be honored to see my drawings used as reference.

Mr David
    I would like it very very much.
    but I need to have all your booklet to the drafting notes and comparisons with other cases.
    I would based on it.
    I could spend on new sketches for more time and make better drawings than till now
    combining with diffrent cases I could draw a true picture of how the individual looks
    and to create a picture of diffrent aliens in 5 poses
    I would like, buy your book but unfortunately no one in all of the world have it for sale
    Had even been able to getting a scan I would be very happy and excited

Again nice work

Can You Reply ?

Last edited by plokoon; December 15th, 2009 at 04:42 AM. Reason: spelling + add smth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there,
    Just wanted to pop in again. I can see improvement, but you could get better so much faster if you would try to think out of the box and draw more different stuff. The last one is looking very good though.... and scary!

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    /wave to the aliens!

My Sketchb00k regular updates
    -= i am looking for work =-
    DeviantArt . CGhub gallery . www.artofinca.com . Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Please keep posting plokoon. Also, I would suggest that you try using your imagination and knowledge of three-dimensional form to show what some of these beings might look like from different angles

Okay I will

I drew new pictures ; they need only scan on computer
    ofcourse i will draw new onces

Aha and i have one question
    by incident i found information about grey aliens...
    and i don't know what is true
    So in that webpage was writed :
    Ufonauts wear masks whitch looks like (huge eyes , small nose - like zetareticulans etc.)
    but it isn't real faces whitch they have

I am not sure about it is truth...

Aha and something else
    I think You know Dr.Boylan
    I found His page and I think some drawings are Yours

http://www.drboylan.com/StarVisitorP...torPhotos.html

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sold - great subject matter. So many striking portraits here - I can feel some of them breathing.

Keep it up please!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So i posted new one
    I will keep drawing now

I had a lot of study

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    north pole, thanks.

Janos, thanks for popping in... There are some beautiful women I've known, who I might like to try doing portraits of sometime, but my human portraiture skills aren't going to flatter anyone...yet.

Artofinca, I love your stuff! Thanks for stopping by.

chibimeli, I'm glad you like them.

floydshayvious, More to come, but I'm taking it at my own pace, until the aliens come by and pressure me to pick up the pace. I guess it would still be my pace then, but faster.

plokoon, Dahami (the actual UFO being called Dahami) wore dark lenses over his eyes sometimes. The witness saw him taking them off or putting them on once. I also met an experiencer who had encountered a variant form of Grays that he understood were wearing some sort of skin-tight bio-technological membrane that covered the whole body, for protection. Those beings were visiting apparently for purposes of pure intellectual curiosity. And Richard Boylan, yes he's been using my images for a long time. I think I met him back in the 1993 to 1994 time frame, and he's had permission to use the images since. He's a good guy, but has a very definite point of view on things that I don't necessarily subscribe to.

So, here is the original cover image for my self-published A Visual Guide to Alien Beings, which was a collection of drawings, thoughts and research notes I put together to sell at the MUFON UFO Symposium in 1995. I call this image "Galactic Family." Essentially it is a group aliens representing different types of alien beings that had been described with some consistency, as I understood it at that time. There are a lot of things that could be better about it but it was good enough to interest people in my booklet. I am currently working on creating a revised version of this image that includes an insectoid Praying Mantis type alien.

As I've stated before, some of the images from the booklet will be posted here in the future, but I think I can take them further, when I get around to it...

In the meantime, I hope other artists/illustrators with an interest in this subject matter will hone their skills, and begin attending UFO conferences and discussion groups in their own respective parts of the world.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mr. David
    Thank You for informations

I drew over 10 new pictures , but I need only to scan them...
    so mayby tommorow or mayby this weekend i will do it

But
    I have hope You will scan in future not only ''Some'' but all

becouse people like me need more knowledge and more ...

Aha This One with blue/white ''Shirt'' is TauCetian ?

+
    I give one fine wpage
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread525580/pg1

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So this is to show where I am going with this. I had to move the reptilian and Nordic female alien over a bit to make room to squeeze in a mantis. I decided to revise the blue being and give him a robe instead of a jumpsuit. I also am in the process of revising the "Oriental" hybrid being who is standing in front of the Nordic female. The mantis, as I have it now, is just a place holder.

plokoon, the man-like being in the blue uniform with the white piping is based on Yvonne Smith's research, for which she has presented drawings in her talks. It is also partly based on a military looking being that showed up in the Collings/Jamerson case, which was written up in the book Connections: Solving Our Alien Abduction Mystery published in 1996. (I may have referred to illustrations of this being that had appeared on television back when I was working on it in 1995... It's hard to recall.)

I have no idea whether he's got any connection with Tau Ceti or any other star system we can point to, but Tau Ceti is a sun-like main sequence star, from what I understand, so it might be a suitable abode for life.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I remembered this discription
    so i thought .

CETIANS - (or Tau Cetians)
    A human race of 'Mediterranean' or 'South American' appearing, tan-skinned humans. Very similar to Caucasian humans on Terra except for SLIGHT differences (slightly pointed ears, higher physical 'density' for their size, slightly broader nose, 5' 5" tall on average, and often wear short 'Roman' or 'crew' style haircuts). Tau Ceti and Epsilon Eridani are said to be a major 'convergence' of exterran 'human' activity, and are said to be in alliance with the Pleiadeans (who in turn, according to contactees, have 'Federated' alliances with the Vegans, the Ummites, and others.). The Cetian alliance with the Pleiadeans and 'other' societies who have been 'victimized' by the 'Grey' predators is based on a desire to establish a common defense against their reptilian nemesis.

But really iam not sure too ,to this discription's of Star systems or planets.

Those are only Earthians names of them , rly 'TAU CETI' for 'CETIANS' could be ''verfsdfjwhdfshdff''

I think all must be in numbers.

I added some of new drawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Revisiting the military hybrid being from page 4 of my sketchbook. I've tweaked it so it's not as "high key" as it was and have made some adjustments to the brow ridges and other features.

Going over the few notes I have from the witness, it looks like his thin neck is actually just about the right thickness, though perhaps I should add a hint of an Adam's Apple or other visible anatomy. Apparently this guy had a thin neck, not quite as skinny as in the typical Grays, but still outside the normal human range.

I'm not sure if the color of the uniform is quite right. It's supposed to be kind of a pea soup green. I may adjust that later.

I know there are people waiting for me to finish the Galactic Family update, so more is coming on that soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A little more progress on Galactic Family. I'm getting it ready to scan in the Oriental alien. When I finally put in the mantis I may draw it by hand and scan it in, or maybe I'll just keep working with my digitally created "place holder" mantis until it looks like a finished character in the scene.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've scanned in the pencil drawing of the revised "Oriental" type alien or hybrid being, added color, and cleaned up the surrounding area. Now I still have to figure out where to go with the mantis, which was the whole point of this exercise. I can see other things I might like to polish up as well, but it is important to produce a "finished" (i.e., presentable) version of the Galactic Family image, including a praying mantis type alien, first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good job

Please don't Be angry on me if i used Your rights

Last edited by plokoon; March 4th, 2010 at 02:48 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    plokoon, I'm not angry. I'd have to refer to Raymond Fowler's books (i.e., The Andreasson Affair) to get tips on coloring "Quazgaa" per Betty Ann Luca's memory but I think it would look better if the belt was the same color as the sash. The emblem that Dahami and the "football head" (American football) bedroom visitor were wearing should not be green. I forget the actual color, but I think blue or silver would be more appropriate. As for the small blue being, I would be inclined to make his jumpsuit a darker shade of blue than his skin, and make it less saturated (i.e., perhaps blue-gray). Overall I like what you've done with my drawings, and you have my permission to post these in your own sketchbook, as long as you make it clear in the text that I did the line work and you did the colors. In addition to coloring, I would suggest you experiment with shading to give these guys a more three dimensional look.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thx for advices and infos . I will take it care of discriptions

Last edited by plokoon; March 4th, 2010 at 02:50 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    plokoon, I like what you've done with Quazgaa. Please feel free to post these and any similar treatments of my line drawings that you do in the future in your own sketchbook, so that I can use this space to record my own progress.

So, I want to go ahead and redraw the mantis by hand in pencil, using my digital placeholder as reference. Then I will scan it in. I'm much better at doing line work by hand than in Photoshop. But I can't stop messing with the other figures in the image. I just desaturated and darkened the little blue guy's robe, in keeping with the reports. These guys are meant to blend into the night. The skin is blue, but a dark blue-gray color is more suitable for the robe. Maybe too dark now? I might add more gray.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fine Mr. David i will later remove it and upload that in my profile

I drew new ( i think now will be a bit better) illustrations and discriptions of diffrent alien species [they need only scan ]

btw. To Yours new 'Galactic Family'
    Head of Mantis looks like rly Good with others
    You should only change body of this being
    all others looks Fine . but You can re-paint in photoshop the last one (with yellow eyes whitch looks like from Italy ,August 1947 )

Good Job

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 32