Sketchbook: Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens - Page 3

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Dahami, do you ever do studies of real terrestrial reptiles?
    I'd like to see them, if so...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alesoun, Not so much. Back in the eighties I did a picture of a chaparral whipsnake (Masticophis lateralis lateralis) for an art contest the Monterey County SPCA was having. It won some kind of award. Maybe I'll post it sometime, if I can figure out where it is. I also did a few drawings of California kingsnakes (Lampropeltis getula californiae). In the Monterey/Carmel/Salinas area those are generally the banded phase with blackish or chestnut brown cross-bands against a cream ground color. I'm in the Seattle area now and kind of miss those snakes.

It is good advice to do some studies of terrestrial reptiles at some point. Maybe I will.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by alesoun View Post
    Dahami, do you ever do studies of real terrestrial reptiles?
    I'd like to see them, if so...
    are you somehow implying that these aren't real reptoids alesoun? These are from eye witness accounts.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As if, Texahol!
    From an anatomical perspective the lateral shoulders jar a little. The human shapes with scales may be limited to the limited descriptive powers of shocked human beings.

Personally, I always thought that if reptile forms were to travel the void they would be frog-like. Manipulative fingers, (possibly) opposible thumbs, strong legs. Less humanoid.

But again, that could be down to shocked human beings trying to express what they saw. I just can't think of any reptiles with human-type shoulders. As far as I know, the flat side of reptilian shoulders tend to face towards the side and not the back. There's a very cute frog lives in a down drain outside my house.

The reason I asked was that Dahami wants to improve his skills with regards to representing reptiles, and I'd like to see his skills with representing ordinary reptiles. It's a little difficult to give constructive criticism without examples...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    To weigh in on this, Texahol. These beings are as real to the witnesses as anything else. They can leave bruises, scratches and claw marks on the body, and affect a person's life as much as any other "real" thing. But there is no accepted "proof" of their existence. They basically show up in the lives of individuals and families, without revealing themselves as "real" to the overall culture in which our lives are embedded.

All this is made more complicated by the fact that some of the reptilian experiences happen as visions during meditation, when someone believes they are in communication with one of these beings, or in some kind of out-of-body state. The reptilians and other such beings seem just at home in an out-of-body state as in a physical one.

This is not the best forum for such discussions, however. There are many paranormal or UFO themed websites where the issue of the reality of these beings, and what that actually means, is debated constantly. Also, for the purposes of the artwork, the question is largely irrelevant. My goal is to create something that the witnesses would deem accurate to their perceptions, and hopefully to approach whatever objective truth might underlie those perceptions.

alesoun, I suspect that the human-like shoulders, if accurate, would be due to evolutionary convergence. Another possibility is transgenics (i.e., "hybridization"). These beings may be partly human in some regard. See the book Life's Solution by Simon Conway Morris for a somewhat controversial but well-supported look at the arguments for convergence.

Last edited by Dahami; October 13th, 2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: add additional response

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I appreciate what you're saying, Dahami, but I still wonder why the humanoid shoulders? Is there a reptile with shoulders like that, or do you think these creatures may have been poorly described?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm pretty sure that no known terrestrial reptile has shoulders like that. It is, of course, possible for memory to be in error, or for something to go wrong in communicating a visual memory to an artist. The most recent image I posted was a sketch I did based on a drawing by a witness who I don't believe I've met, so there's that to consider.

However, there have been repeated descriptions (including from several people I've met and spent time with) of a body where the musculature and skeletal structure of these beings are very close to human. One man said the body looked a lot like the body of Predator (from the Schwarzenegger movie), but with a head that was more like a cross between a man and a lizard. Very often people describe pronounced tendons on the neck, and heavier bone structure on the skull than is normal for humans, but otherwise the build is very human-like. There are many variations, though, and some are built more like the slender, little Grays.

Also, some people think that the reptilian aliens are actually descended from dinosaurs, and come either from a parallel universe or some civilization that exists secretly on (or inside) this planet, or maybe they are time travelers. So who's to say whether they are truly extraterrestrial? No one can answer those questions, but we can draw pictures!

Last edited by Dahami; October 13th, 2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: spelling

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, you'll do some work on terrestrial reptiles? Awesome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Epic....

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,056 Times in 945 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i think my cat ate one of em this morning

Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Randis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    awesome work here!! They do look real to me too!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've done a good job of creeping me out, Dahami. I don't think I'll ever come back.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    for you

Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens

- - - - - - - - - -

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Randis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    double post sorry! Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens

- - - - - - - - - -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Robert.B, thanks.

kelly x, thanks. That's a great compliment.

Dizon, I'm glad they had an emotional impact on you, but I do hope you'll return sometime.

Randis, That's a cute little reptilicon. I'm not sure what he's saying though. If he's asking me to work more on my anatomy skills, that's a good piece of advice. Thank you. I'll always admire your ability to draw hot babes, and your quickies are comparable to the images I slave over for months.

For alesoun and everyone who requested that I practice with some terrestrial reptiles, here are two pencil drawings from reference photos of Varanus giganteus, one of Earth's largest lizard species. They have a thick scaly hide, clawed fingers, and fairly well-defined muscles, much like the reptilian UFO beings.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A good start, Dahami. Are you going to colour them and work them up into a finished picture?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not planning to take those two lizard drawings any further. They are just to show that (using reference, at least) I can do terrestrial reptiles. I think I did pretty well conveying the general body shape. Of course, I didn't add any scales, which is okay for monitor lizards (goannas as they are known in Australia) as the scales are fairly small relative to body size. I could never get away with that with a crocodilian. The who look of a crocodile or alligator is based on its large plated scales.

This sketchbook is for reptoids and aliens, and any related practice work. If I branch out too much I guess maybe I'll have to start a new sketchbook at some point.

I should mention that Varanus giganteus is also know as the Perentie.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mr. Dahami, you dont know the value that have these drawings. I have the feeling that your name is David, well I think it doesn´t matter .

You are doing a really GREAT JOB spreading this knowledge, in the future people will be able to "understand" a bit more these drawings.

Do not lose faith in your works, there will be people and -beings- who are going to do everything possible for concealing the truth, but, that´s becouse they are scared, they are losing thier power, and its ok...... the light always wins over the darkness.

Every day there is more and more people waking up from this "dream" reality, in which they have been living.

You are helping in the mission to raise human consciousness in this world

-Please if you could, keep uploading extraterrestial material, it doesn´t matter if sketches aren´t well detailed

I send you regards from Santiago, Chile. KEEP DOING AN EXELENT WORK!!!!

PD: foregive my bad writting, English is not my native lenguage ^^.

Last edited by Benja; October 25th, 2009 at 01:23 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benja For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is another reptilian with a series of wide ventral plates on the chest, based largely on descriptions by someone I've corresponded with via e-mail. The plates get smaller and narrower as you go down the chest. I imagine that the scales of these beings form almost a sort of natural body armor, although that's probably more true of the beings with a hard breastplate covering the chest, than of beings such as this, where the chest more closely resembles the belly of a serpent. Even so, this species is taller on average than human beings, and they tend to be powerfully built. These reptilian humanoids are quite natural and perfect in a way, from the bone structure and musculature to the intricate pattern of the scales and coloration, and their bodies are worthy of admiration. On that point I agree with the witness.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some recent reptilian head studies. The one in the lower left-hand corner actually started as a study of a Sleestak from the new Land of the Lost, but morphed into a more standard reptoid as the drawing progressed. You can see that it has kind of a more frog-like mouth, with less of a chin than some of the others. Remember from the show that the Sleestaks were devolved Altrusians. I really love what they've done with the Sleestaks in the new movie, giving them clearly defined scales all over their bodies, rather than merely suggesting a reptilian nature as the original costumes did. I wish they had gone with a more serious tone, in keeping with the sense of adventure and peril in the original series, rather than turning it into a Will Ferrell comedy. Even so, it's a fun movie and a great tribute to one of my favorite childhood shows.

Some people have reported that the reptoid skull has a sloping forehead and is domed on the top, kind of like a Bigfoot or Sasquatch, so I've tried to convey this in some of these drawings. Some say it is pointed in the back, which is similar to the Sleestaks. Actually, there are details of the bone structure around the eyes of the Sleestak that are similar to what people describe for these reptilian beings.

I should also mention, while I'm on the subject of reptilian humanoids in entertainment, that the remake of the eighties mini-series V is coming out soon, and that story featured an invasion by militaristic reptilian beings disguised as humans.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are a couple of revised versions of a drawing I did in 1995 that became popular on the Internet. The original was colored with colored pencil. If I add color to these at some point it will likely be through Photoshop.

The idea for this image came from an encounter that someone had in the early nineties involving a robed reptilian that materialized during a hypnosis session because she (yes it was a female reptilian) apparently felt the hypnotherapist was threatening her control of the client. These beings may be able to treat us how they want when we're in their environment, but they don't own us, and they're not with us 24/7. If they choose to interact with us they'd better get used to people standing up to them. We're not their pets and they shouldn't keep too tight a leash on their human subjects.

I did these in pencil, then scanned them and cleaned them up a little in Photoshop. The scales around the eyes were done in Photoshop using several passes with a single pixel brush, as kind of an afterthought.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote: "These beings may be able to treat us how they want when we're in their environment, but they don't own us, and they're not with us 24/7. If they choose to interact with us they'd better get used to people standing up to them. We're not their pets and they shouldn't keep too tight a leash on their human subjects".

We are not cattle, we are GODS . They cannot tolerate our nature; human love, that´s why they are so diffenent from us and they want to control everything.

Love is the key ! everything

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, so I decided to take my favorite of the two 2009 revisions of my 1995 hooded reptilian image and color it. Here's a process... I'm using layers and blending modes and transparency settings to add color and also revise the being's scale pattern, which was pretty rough in the original. The process is time-consuming (especially fixing the scales) but worth it given that I've created what I regard as a fairly iconic image of a reptilian humanoid (AKA, reptoid). I'm still not done yet, but it's getting there.

Benja, I don't think the reptilians have the same emotional range that we do. Their desire to control their interactions with us, I believe, indicates vulnerability, and a simple intention to minimize risk. I have a lot of respect for them, actually. But I don't believe we should fear them. During one of her encounters, Pamela Stonebrooke's reptilian told her "Don't be afraid of anything." On the other hand, during the first encounter she remembers with him, he seemed to be excited by her fear. I find all of that interesting, but what I find most interesting about these beings is what they look like. Reptiles are lovely creatures.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wait.... so do they exist in the real world or in imagination land? Your photoshop stuff is improving dude but i really think you should take those komodo drawings further, they showed a lot of potential

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holland, my drawings are based on descriptions from UFO abductees or "experiencers." Do these beings exist in the real world? That's a really great question! Let's just say that not everyone is born believing in them, and a lot of people question their sanity after these beings physically show up in their lives. Mercifully (or deceptively, depending on how you look at it) many of the interactions with them are hidden by missing time and screen memories.

The Perentie (a close relative of the Komodo dragon) drawings were for practice, and to show alesoun that I could do terrestrial reptiles (using reference) and to contrast their anatomy with that of the reptilian aliens, which have comparatively human-like anatomy and skeletal structure. Whether I'll do more with my lizard drawings in the future...? Time will tell.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahami View Post
    Okay, so I decided to take my favorite of the two 2009 revisions of my 1995 hooded reptilian image and color it. Here's a process... I'm using layers and blending modes and transparency settings to add color and also revise the being's scale pattern, which was pretty rough in the original. The process is time-consuming (especially fixing the scales) but worth it given that I've created what I regard as a fairly iconic image of a reptilian humanoid (AKA, reptoid). I'm still not done yet, but it's getting there.

Benja, I don't think the reptilians have the same emotional range that we do. Their desire to control their interactions with us, I believe, indicates vulnerability, and a simple intention to minimize risk. I have a lot of respect for them, actually. But I don't believe we should fear them. During one of her encounters, Pamela Stonebrooke's reptilian told her "Don't be afraid of anything." On the other hand, during the first encounter she remembers with him, he seemed to be excited by her fear. I find all of that interesting, but what I find most interesting about these beings is what they look like. Reptiles are lovely creatures.

Dahami, I guess you get me wrong. They dont have the same emotional range that we have, but they REALLY understand when they are harming and affecting in a wrong way a human life, personally i don´t think that its a intention to minimize risk. There are some speculations that say this being don´t have "empathy".

Most of these reptilean beings (their race is the "Draconians" from what I know) are malevolent, but also there are good ones (i mean, there must be benevolents ^^).

Its really important the "fear" factor in this race, as you said, that denote weakness or vulnerability. That is another reason why they always want to control everything, and they want to be one step ahead of the situation.

I also have a lot of respect for them, actually, I respect any form of life. .

Your 2009 painting sketch was really good. Personally I try not to see many extraterrestrial beings' photos, becouse they work like the sauron´s eye, from lord of the rings ^^.

take care !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, it's still a work in progress, but it could almost pass for "finished" at this stage. The shape of this being's face is based mostly on the robed reptilian that showed up during that hypnosis session I mentioned. It doesn't have a really long "snout" or "muzzle" as some of them reportedly do. The colors are based on that case, as well as a reptilian image that was seen by someone during meditation, in which the ridges down the forehead and above the eyes were described as yellowish with a white line at the center. I may tone down the color variation a little as I continue to revise the image. I've also been thinking about adding more red to the iris. I've heard described that when these beings become angry or aroused the iris can change color from golden yellow to red. I assume this has to do with the chromatophores that presumably give the iris its color.

Benja, I think it's dangerous to assume that "most of these reptilian beings are malevolent." That's a stereotype. It is better to judge each encounter experience on its own merits.

When they treat people roughly, or impose their will on people in harsh and intrusive ways, or come seeking fear, then their actions could possibly be described as malevolent. Unless, however, you've been in a telepathic mind-sharing situation with one of these beings, it's difficult to say that you really know what the being's understanding is of how its actions are affecting the person.

Going back to the Pamela Stonebrooke case, her telepathic communication with the being was very loving, even though he also seemed to have some of the aggressive aspects to his personality and behavior that we typically associate with these reptilian creatures.

Last edited by Dahami; November 6th, 2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cleaned up the pencil marks on the hood, fixed the scale pattern a bit more, did more rendering on the throat area. It's still not done yet. I may add some stars in the background to symbolize the reptilian association with space and the night. Of course, some people say they are actually indigenous to the Earth in some sense. Perhaps there's a parallel quantum universe where the dinosaurs never went extinct, and their intelligent descendants have found a way to cross the veil between dimensions.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yay,

I like seeing some different things in here, those studies look great. Now you just have to translate them to your alien images. Try rendering them more realisticaly as well, that will add to the strangeness. I know its hard to try something new, and your style is definitely a style, but I think you can achieve a lot more by really pushing yourself.

Cheers

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Janos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi
    Iam new here but when i saw this pictures ... Oh my! this is so so so Great
    This colors or shadows... amazing !!!

btw. I find ur works of accident ,becouse i searching book ''A visual Guide of Aliens Species'' and only here of all internet(i think) are some pictures

mayby You know where i can find 'doc' or 'pdf' file of this book or something like that ?

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 27