Sketchbook: Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens - Page 21
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    He is ok. I have heard from him a couple of weeks ago. He was brief, but I gathered that he is preoccupied with something right now. He'll be back. And he'll finish the White King, and probably continue with other work as usual.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    skishyish, Even when Iyano wears a cloak, he's basically naked underneath, but naked for a reptile isn't really naked.

xenoart5, I ascended on the 21st of December, but the 5th dimension didn't want me, so I came back (joking...). Hopefully I'll get back to posting on a more regular basis. And yes, more to come on the White King, Iyano, etc...

Back to the ambassador with the lightning-strike pupils. Just a minor update to his profile... Working on the scales and variegated color. His colors are dark, but I don't want him to look too dark. It's always a challenge for me trying to paint a reptilian with dark colors, but still make him plain to see on the screen.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh It's nice to have you back. Checking your thread for updates has become part of my morning computer routine, so your posts have been missed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to skishyish For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ditto

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a little collection of reptilian profiles from some of my previous posts.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What do the White King's scales look like? First I tried the overlapping snake scales (1), flowing down the body. It didn't look right to the witness. The smooth hexagonal or oval-shaped scales (2) seem to be a better match.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    People usually describe their scales as that of a python; which is actually a mixture of these two, but the second version is closer to it:

Here is some idea of how a python skin looks like:

http://www.wildabouttheworld.com/gal...thon_Skin1.jpg

I'm glad you are working on that being again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Work in progress adding scales to the White King. I made the hands a little larger and fingers a little thicker in this version. I hope I'm closing in on an accurate depiction.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How come we don't see the feet?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I haven't drawn the feet yet. Enough said?

Back to the Copper Guardian, as he could be called, AKA the Cookie Monster (an inside joke). You may regard this image as highly approximate. Large eyes, fused scales, and large spiny scales. Coppery color all over. Wide mouth, almost as wide as a frog, but he is more reptilian than frog-like.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I recognise most of these.

From the Kentucky ville alien through to Whitley Streiber's blue goblin and grey alien. In fact... I am looking at my copy of 'Communion' at the moment on my bookshelf.

I like these... I know for a fact I have seen your illustrations before.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is a suggestion Dahami. When you get the scales right, you could make two other versions of it without wings. Simon mentioned that the regular reptoids are either green or black. You could make a green one and a black one from this basic template, and of course continue with this albino winged version.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And for the "wings" maybe look at the ribs of draco lizards and maybe even the sails of dimetrodon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, nearly two weeks and no responses or updates. I'm I the last man on Earth, or at least this thread ?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    abducted?

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    By aliens or the government?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Probably by the challenges of everyday life

Thanks
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    damn you reptoids, give us back our friend!

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for keeping my thread bumped. I've been dealing with other people's art lately... Scanning and preparing art for online presentation, for a couple of friends. At some point I'll get back to more regular posting, but don't hold your breath. Worst case scenario I'm holding up UFO Disclosure, but I don't think I'm that important. I'm one of thousands with a role to play in the process.

Consider the following: What if reincarnation is real? What if many of us are in fact starseeds, and have had past lives on other worlds? What if the aliens who abduct us really are our star families, people we knew before in other lives? What if the aliens can travel in time, so that abductees can actually meet past or future incarnations of themselves face to face aboard the ships? What if more people start to remember not only that they've had alien abduction experiences, but also their past lives, and who they are in the larger sense? What if people become more aware of their future lives and connect with future incarnations of themselves in a way that allows them to "remember" future events?

I think our lives have a sequence, from one incarnation to the next. However, because of the possibility of time travel, and the timeless quality of the space between lives, the experienced sequence of our incarnations does not have to match the order in which events unfold in the physical universe. From a spacetime or multiverse perspective, everything is really happening all at once. Simultaneous multidimensional existence.

Now, suppose people down here on Earth start recognizing the human incarnations of people they've known on other worlds or aboard the ships? Suppose lovers who were together elsewhere find each other here? What if everyone just remembers everything all at once, and wakes up? Lots of what ifs... I do believe that dramatic change is possible, however. Human knowledge is increasing at an accelerating rate, and the issue of UFOs and the paranormal can't remain unknown forever.

A subtle revision to the copper guardian. I added a little bit more shading, and brought the brow ridge lower, closer to the eyes, and made it more prominent, protruding neanderthal style. Reportedly, the eyes should be bigger or wider than in my previous version, with a fixed, menacing look. I haven't really done anything in that regard yet, so more to come, when I get around to it. And I haven't forgotten the White King, or Iyano. Patience, my friends.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Further revision to the White King (B). Hands larger still, with thicker fingers. Five fingers arranged like a human hand. No webbing was noticed. Claws a little longer than they were before (A). The claws are white in color. The scales on the chest and thighs are now a mix of large and small scales. Some reptilians have uniformly sized scales all over the body. The White King seems to have mixed scales, at least in places.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking great. Can't wait for you to get to the head.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is a suggestion, the joints on the wrists and fingers, as well as the forearms look very smooth, as if this being has some fat under his skin. No matter how muscular a person is, the muscles never seem to cover joints, so usually joints have a more angular look (due to the bones sticking out). Perhaps if the wrists didn't have such a smooth transition to the fists, it would look better. But then again, I have never seen this being in person, so he could simply have thick skin which would account for the smoothness.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Final-ish, for now. Anyway, I sent this one off to Simon.

Thanks, skishyish. If I ever do a close up of the hands I'll pay more attention to the joints.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm really digging the spines on his back . Didn't Simon describe them as having webbing or something?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing. This is fantastic. But like xenoart5 says, doesn't this being have webbing between the spines?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Either way he looks awesome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys. Actually the webbing doesn't really connect the spines, except maybe near the base(?). They are just vestiges of wings, each spine covered with a thin membrane of skin.

For my latest project... What if Iyano has a longer snout than we thought? The primary witness has been fighting her own memories, as she describes it. I don't think she wanted to believe that kind Iyano was as snake-like or dinosaurian in appearance as the mean Chukara, that were always baring their teeth aggressively. She's a sweet lady, and was apologetic about asking me to draw Iyano again. My goal, of course, is to be as accurate as possible, so I'm cool with it, and Iyano is a fascinating character and fun to draw. My art is never really finished. I suspect that I won't be 100% confident in the accuracy of my work until I get to see these beings for myself and compare them directly with my drawings. There are hints that Iyano might be able to change his color from lighter khaki to very dark greenish brown tones.

It seems that Iyano resembled the Chukara, enough to walk among them undetected, as long as he was wearing a hooded robe. Iyano's forehead ridge and brow ridges may have been more subtle than the Chukara's, however. One thing we got right is that Iyano has prominent, muscular cheeks, as in my previous drawings. In any case, after declaring Iyano's portrait finished a couple of times I'm going back to the drawing board. My previous portrait was based on Chan Johnson's work. This time I'm kind of starting from scratch, based on input from a couple of witnesses. The secondary witness, thus far, has only seen Iyano in dreams and psychic visions, or in a non-materialized state.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Input from my secondary witness says Iyano's snout is not quite as long as shown in A1 in my post above, but the serious attitude you see in his eyes looks right in that one. Here are some more studies for Iyano.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A couple front views, side by side. I think A3 is close. The cheeks in A4 aren't quite full enough.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And profiles!

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 34