Sketchbook: Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens - Page 17
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ha glad i could help.
    playing with the different layer blending options and textures is a real good way to add detail quickly.
    i did a sketch basd on one of yours here

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...n/abduct1s.jpg

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great piece, Velocity Kendall. I use layers quite a bit, and use different blending modes and opacity adjustments. That's a big part of how I add color and shading. I'm not sure quite what you have in mind regarding textures and using it as a means of quickly adding detail. That sounds interesting.

Here I am exploring some variations of the reptilian ambassador. He is said to have variegated colors, including dark hunter green, deep sienna brown, and various shades of brown or tan. There is some sense of a subtle mottled pattern, a little like camouflage, but not so defined. The colors blend well together. The front of the neck or throat area is lighter than the rest of the neck, head and face. The eyes are bright yellow, but I've played around with the lightness, because I don't want them to look like they are glowing, and too much of a contrast in value tends to create that appearance. The fourth one over on the right hand side has had the most work. This is still very much a work in progress. These are awaiting evaluation and approval by the witness, and I'm sure further revisions will be required.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not final, but here is my current version of the reptilian with the lightning-strike pupils. Front and three quarter view. Perhaps I'll do a profile at some point, based on the new information.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just came across some close encounter cases that you may find interesting. The title of the post says it all (http://karlshuker.blogspot.com/2012/...ens-close.html).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    xenoart5, Karl Shuker is one of my favorite cryptozoologists. I like the Tim Morris drawing of the Venezuelan Littlefoot. It has also been referred to as a hairy dwarf, and in some artistic depictions it looks like something right out of Tolkien. Unfortunately, all we really have to go on is the description, as I am unaware of any drawing by the witnesses, or by artists working with them directly. I think Tim's depiction might have been influenced by the one I did for the Alien Gallery entry in Ronald Story's The Encyclopedia of Extraterrestrial Encounters.

Revisiting a previous drawing. It was originally supposed to be a menacing reptilian from an encounter at a military base, but it came out much too friendly looking, and perhaps too human. So I'm simply calling it a generic reptilian-human hybrid at this stage.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well that's a bummer. I would have liked to have seen your renditions of the West Virgina Vegetable Man and the tripodal Alien from the link.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    xenoart5 - My main thing is classification. There are always anomalies, but I am rarely inspired to draw those. A significant problem in many cases is that we do not have enough of the visual details such as anatomy, coloration, etc... Having a detailed drawing and description by the witness, or by an artist who worked with the witness, is essential. There are many questions that should be asked of the witness when these events are still fresh in memory. A loose description just leaves too much room for interpretation, and fails to answer the ultimate question: What did the being look like? Besides, reptilians are just so much cooler than vegetable men and weird tripodal aliens (except maybe for the Tripods from War of the Worlds).

More progress on my generic human-reptilian hybrid, or man-like reptilian.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Revisiting the reptilian with the dark coffee colored scales. Depending on the light, he can look almost black. He's close to 8 ft. tall, extremely muscular, and looks something like a reptilian version of Bigfoot. Of these three interpretations, version number three is the closest, particularly in the proportions of the eyes and nose. However, the pronounced brow ridges and cheek bones you see in version one here are pretty close. Also, you can see more of the muscle definition on the neck in version one, and the neck definitely had pronounced muscle definition, described as "thick cords of muscle". He has a nickname. We call him Captain.

He wore an insignia of a white equilateral triangle with a solid white circle at each vertex on a round patch.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And another version... Geometry isn't my thing, and I don't expect to do too many more of these insignias, but I played around with Photoshop's tools (and a Google image search) to make a more precise version. The patch this was on was circular, though, not rectangular.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The reptilian man or human-reptilian hybrid again. Perhaps I've reached a stopping point.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just found another pic that you might find interesting. I don't know if you are familiar with the Travis Reed case, but he had an artist do a rendition of an alien he saw during his childhood (http://www.alien-ufos.com/members/th...olo-small.html). Do you think it is a grey, a mantis being, or something else entirely?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The creature drawn by Thomas Reed has aspects of Gray and mantis alien types, but it is very unusual in that it does not have a humanoid body plan, which the vast majority of reported aliens do. I might call it a variant of a mantis type.

Now a little image of Repsquatch. I found a picture of a Bigfoot or Sasquatch online and it inspired me to draw a Repsquatch, which is basically just an exploration of possible reptilian variant.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    An update on Captain. At this time our best estimate of his height is 7 1/2 to 8 ft. tall, based on the witness' recollection of how much clearance his head had when standing under a 9 ft. structure. Huge, in any case. He has five toes, with claws and webbing. In the future I may do a more detailed study of his feet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Revisiting the reptilian last updated in post #220 on page 8, October 5th, 2011.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...53#post3265953

I'm using a combination of the burn tool and color dodge layers to give it more of a three dimensional appearance. I want to darken the coloration overall, as it seems like most adult reptilians are more darkly colored than this. Ruby was "dark alligator colors, charcoal green-gray" as you may recall. Like Ruby, I feel this one is female, and I have given it yellow coloration on the around the mouth, nose and eyes, inspired by Ruby. This is not based on any specific case, however. Just another exploration of possible variation among reptilian humanoids.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The black and white drawing is one I uploaded as part of a collection of reptilian head studies on March 16, 2009, way back on the first page of Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens. It is based on a drawing by Kesara.

Here also is a close up of Ruby. It is only slightly touched up from the last time I uploaded the Ruby image. In this close up you can see what the witness described as "powdery hints of strong aqua blue" between the scales of her lower eyelids. I wonder if encounters with beings like this inspired human women to start wearing eye make up, back in ancient times.

The hooded reptilian with the yellow irises is from the cover of A Visual Guide to Alien Beings. It was "inspired by" Ruby (i.e., the hooded robe and the coloration of the scales around the mouth, nostrils and eyes), but I went with the yellow eyes because I had more reports of that than red eyes. I redid that one when I revised my Galactic Family portrait a couple years ago. Here's the original, and the revised version, which I might revisit again at some point, since I still consider it a work in progress.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Out of curiosity, have heard of any encounters with Ichthus-humanoid aliens by any chance? I ask this because of this report that I came across with a rendition of the being encountered (http://naturalplane.blogspot.com/sea...hthus-humanoid).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've never come across a case like the ichthus humanoid at the Phantoms and Monsters site, "Bulging, round, fish-like eyes, gill slits where a nose would be (I saw the gills flare open as it exhaled when I opened my eyes), mottled green tinted white skin and nobs and a frill on the head." Beautiful illustration by Sunny Williams/Sky Watcher. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. The image could be something like a screen memory, or simply a type of alien that is rarely seen. Kesara has done at least a couple illustrations of aquatic humanoids, so they're not entirely unheard of in the alien encounter phenomenon, but if no two look alike, it kind of makes classification a challenge. Cryptozoology, of course, also has reports of such beings, but I am in doubt about some cases, as I think insufficient investigation was done (i.e., not enough questions were asked of the witnesses to acquire the essential visual details), and what we are left with are artistic representations inspired by vague descriptions and a heavy dose of imagination. Drawings in such cases should be approved by the witness as accurate, whenever possible.

Revisiting Iyano. A greenish background instead of blue, and a darker version as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Iyano the friendly reptilian, even darker.

Last edited by Dahami; November 12th, 2012 at 05:21 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another version of Iyano, with a few minor touch ups to the top of his nose. Also, what would a reptilian look like if it was nearly the same color as the red phase of the Western Coachwhip (Masticophis flagellum, AKA Coluber flagellum)? Actually, I was just laying down a base layer of color, but did notice a similarity to a certain very beautiful species of snake. I've heard of people having visions of reddish reptilians before, but probably not like this. I think he will be more the traditional brown/green/yellow when I finish.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh! I like this version of the dark Iyano with a black background. Here also is a version with a dark moss green background. They are the same image as in the post above, just with darker backgrounds.

Last edited by Dahami; November 13th, 2012 at 02:31 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahami View Post
    And another version... Geometry isn't my thing, and I don't expect to do too many more of these insignias, but I played around with Photoshop's tools (and a Google image search) to make a more precise version. The patch this was on was circular, though, not rectangular.
    They are getting closer with insignia
    http://www.terra-empire.com/NewTerraEmpireAge.png

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Out of curiosity, what was the biggest/tallest reptilian and nordic described to you?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wish you had more notes on them. Maybe a field guide type study of how they behave not just a profile look. Maybe how they show emotion and certain behaviors that make them different.

Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wanted to mention that the dark version of Iyano I posted above, with the black background, has been approved by the witness as accurate. We are considering that Iyano may be able to change color. It had been several years since she had seen him, but recently she had a flash of his face during meditation. He was responding to a request from her.

"You see I had a special meditation where he came to me. Just a flash of his face but he was darker than the original painting you did. This confirmed it to me for sure. I knew we needed to change it."

xenoart5, The biggest reptoid that has been described to me in detail is the one nicknamed Captain, who is close to 8 ft. tall and really well muscled. There was a case in the nineties when someone mentioned seeing a big 10 ft. tall reptoid on a craft, but I doubt the accuracy of the height estimate. That one was not described in detail. The tallest Nordics would be the Andromedan Nordics that were seen by a woman named "K." They regard K. and her children as part of them. "You are us." So this again is the concept that some abductees/contactees have an "alien connection" or could be called "starseed". Perhaps I should mention that K. herself is fairly tall, well over 6 ft., if that means anything. See post #212 on page 8 of the sketchbook for drawings of the tall and short Grays that work with these Andromedan humans, as well as a brief description of them (you may have to scroll down a little bit after clicking the link below). They say that they come from the "Andromeda system", which we believe refers to the Andromeda galaxy M31. They are 7 to 8 ft. tall and very beautiful.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...51#post3264951

I should also mention a case of 10 ft. tall beings that was reported to me in 1996. They are somewhat human-like in appearance, and could perhaps be described as Nordics, but if the height estimate is correct I would call them giants. These beings were light-skinned and had light blond hair. Another case, someone I met at a conference once described 10 to 12 ft. tall blue skinned human-like beings with black hair. This woman (who I'm guessing was around 5 and 1/2 ft. tall) mentioned that her eye level was about even with their butts. Bright Garlick is an experiencer from Australia who has encountered a race of beings he calls the "Tall Aliens" and they are somewhat human-like and stand 14 to 15 ft. tall, which he was able to determine from memory based on the height of reference objects where one of the encounters occurred.

I would classify all the 10 ft. tall and taller beings as "giants" rather than Nordics. So I guess you can add another category to your list of UFO occupant types. In general I do find reports of really tall beings somewhat suspect, as I believe that a witness seeing an 8 ft. tall being, which is so much taller than what he is used to looking at in daily life, might tend to exaggerate the height. This is not through any fault of his own or any deception, but simply an issue of perception. I trust Bright Garlick's account because he did have the opportunity to effectively measure the being, after the fact, and he has had time to examine his contact memories and give thought to issues such as height. Of course, the existence of giants within contact reports raises questions of biomechanics, anatomy and composition of bones and tissues, the possibility that such beings use a force field of some kind to support themselves in Earth's gravity, etc...

The short answer, about 8 ft. tall is the tallest height estimate I'm confident in for both reptoids and Nordics.

Wingal, my research has really been focused on figuring out what they look like, as I figure the rest of the information will flesh itself out over time. There are many books, articles, blogs, etc. that describe other aspects of these beings, without giving a detailed picture of their physical appearance. I do try to take some notes on other significant aspects of people's encounter experiences, however. In time, perhaps there will be a field guide that describes more about their behavior, emotions, etc... In the meantime, there is Kim Carlsberg's book The Art of Close Encounters, to which I contributed several illustrations.

Another update on the friendly reptilian with the lightning-strike pupils.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm continuing to color this reptilian. The current color scheme is based loosely on the colors Kesara used in her version. Some green, some yellow, some rusty brown.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for your answer. I have a new question for you. The reptoid you've been working on lately is referred by name which I find very interesting. What other names of alien individuals were described to you? I curious if different races have different patterns of naming themselves.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    regarding your examples for your answer to my question, the really tall aliens that you describe sound almost like the tall whites (aside from the blue ones of course). Do you think such tall beings may have come from a lower gravity planet? I've heard before that a planet that is about half the mass of earth can still maintain geological activity and therefore sustain multicellular life.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's Iyano, Renjeck, Ruby, Zehtar, Kraton (pronounced Krah-ton), the one from Garnette's experience we call Vectra (because Estartleah said "Soon I will tell you about Vectra" right after Garnette's encounter with him)... There migh be a couple more I could find names for if I were to dig around. Typically people will hear the name in their head during meditation or telepathic communication. I honestly don't know where Ruby got her name, apart from a possible association with the red color of her eyes. That's one detail I don't remember asking about, as I was mainly interested in what she looked like. It's funny that reptoids do seem to have names, and sometimes give people their names when asked. The Andromedan Nordics I mentioned above, from my understanding, do not use names in their own culture, because they each have a unique energy signature associated with their soul, or something like that. Functionally, it means they can pick up details of each other's lives just by being around each other, or by interacting with each other. They can sense each other's presence. The way they address one another by thought presumably eliminates the need to get one's attention by saying, "Hey, Joe!" But the reptilians do seem to have names. I don't know, however, if those names are only for the purpose of identifying themselves to humans, or if they use the names in their culture/language. I've always thought the names sound a little like cheesy science fiction names. It makes one wonder about the relationship between fiction and actual human experience.

As for very tall, lanky, giant aliens (I've heard them described as "giraffe-like" in one or two cases), it would make sense to assume they come from a planet with a lower surface gravity than Earth. I mean, if humans terraform Mars, then one can imagine that we might eventually evolve into creatures like that. Unfortunately, we don't have much information on the home worlds of aliens, and sometimes, when people are given such information, it seems to contradict what we would expect, based on the science we know.

Some color variations for my latest project. I generated these using the "Match Color..." tool, and various files I've gathered representing different color groups. I create those files by taking some of the color names witnesses describe, plugging them into Google, and then seeing what comes up in the image search. The witness identified number 2 as the most accurate. Unfortunately, the memories are of seeing them in low light situations, so all we can say for sure is that they were greenish, perhaps with some brown mixed in. I'll assume that the throat and front of the torso were somewhat lighter than the other areas, but it might not be a correct assumption. It is a best guess based on the patterns these things tend to follow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More progress... I might clean up some of the pencil marks, add a little more color and detail to the iris, a few more gradations of color, some shadows, some highlights, etc... But it's coming along. A darker background, suggesting an underground environment, might be scarier. This type wasn't friendly. It is from the Chukara group that was working against Iyano.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh this is just fabulous. The first one is the best. If you are planning to continue working on this one, I vote for number 1 as your starting point. Looks most realistic and natural.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 34