Sketchbook: Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens - Page 16
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    xenoart5, There are cases of reptilians with three fingers (two fingers and a thumb). Four or five are the most common. Of course, it is important to remember that there are many variations. There also are a few reports of reptilians with a "conical" head, in the sense that the back part of the cranium kind of sticks up in a somewhat pointed dome or cone shape. Think about some of the depictions of Bigfoot with a sloping forehead, leading to a rounded "point" up at the back. That's similar. The Flatwoods monster may or may not be a reptilian. I am confident that some reptilians are taller than eight feet, and nine feet has been reported, though there are factors that could lead someone to overestimate a being's height. A good trick that some experiencers use is to return to the site of the encounter with a tape measure, and determine from memory, using reference objects at the site, exactly how tall the being was.

Here is another drawing I did of Zehtar, establishing some of his general features. This shows his pendant/necklace and black robe.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dahami; October 12th, 2012 at 07:05 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This being is fascinating. Did she give you more details about the pendant? What colors and materials are involved, and how many elements (it seems like 7 "stones" in your drawing and one in the center, is this accurate?)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    skishyish, The pendant was a one piece gold disk with shapes and markings carved into it, as best I recall the description. Those are not meant to be embedded stones or anything. I only have an approximate idea of what the pendant looked like. The black cloth is made of "nun's robe or T-shirt material" as you can see I wrote in these notes from when I visited with the witness in March, 1997. You can also see a mention of Nan-na, or Na-na, which is her name for Grays, because of a telepathic voice she heard say "Nan-naa" or something like that, slow and drawn out. The Grays actually visited her physically(?) in 1994. The question mark in the previous sentence is because they appeared to be made up of thousands of little dots or sparkles with a hint of pink. Perhaps they were only partially materialized or something. In any case, my feeling was that she had lots of traffic from Grays and from Zehtar's reptilian group at her place, but most was not 3D, fully-materialized, physical, unless of course they simply suppressed her memories of that portion, most likely for her own protection. It was clear to me that she was very comfortable with these beings, and there were all kinds of dolls, figurines and sculptures of Na-nas at her place. Pleasant memories.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Once again you make vary good points. In fact I just realized my previous notion went against what I said about considering diversity before labeling a species.

On the topic of alien legs/feet, I consider the possibility of digitigrade aliens because it seems to be very prevalent in most terrestrial vertebrates. The leg structure could actually be something in between plantigrade and digitigrade (if there is such a thing). Here's a couple examples to illustrate what I mean (The first image for a reptilian and the second for the grey. Focus primarily on the legs). http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1385/garrus.jpg, http://aliens.monstrous.com/gallery/...y_alien_86.jpg. Again this is only speculative and nothing based off of contactee description.

Last edited by xenoart5; October 12th, 2012 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    xenoart5, A lot of sci-fi/fantasy artists seem to have trouble making up their minds whether they want their alien or reptilian characters to have plantigrade or digitigrade feet, so they fudge it. Nature is full of transitional forms, of course, so one can always justify that. As for actual reports, I am aware of a couple cases of reptilian beings with digitigrade feet, but those are rare. Most of the reptilians described have a much more human-like leg/foot anatomy, although often with powerful thighs.

Here is a sheet of drawings I did in the late nineties, inspired by various alien accounts and images. Also, at the bottom, are a couple of environments I doodled while watching Tron. I've been a huge fan since I first saw something about it on TV back in the spring of 1982.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Three alien faces. The first one is a reptilian. It was inspired by a painting of a reptilian with a kind of feline quality to the eyes and mouth that appeared on the cover of an international edition of Dr. Edith Fiore's book. The American edition is called Encounters. The international edition is called Abductions. What especially interested me about the painting was that it seemed to include vestigial pits (like heat-sensing pits) under the eyes. The only reptilian with a similar feature that comes to mind is the khaki reptilian encountered by C.S., which was one of my first cases. The second face is a Gray, somewhat inspired by Josi Galante's drawings of Grays. The third face is simply a mantis type alien. The main inspiration was a case I had in the mid to late nineties, although in that case the mantis had approximately three horizontal lines or ridges across its forehead.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some anime-inspired female hybrid faces. I've given them a little bit of a pouty lower lip, to emphasize the femaleness (think of Angelina Jolie). In real life experience, most hybrids have fairly thin lips. Call this artistic license.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A pencil sketch of Estartleah's eye. Also, a work in progress, attempting to resurrect Garnette Doonan's original painting of Estartleah, which was stolen (i.e., borrowed and never returned) two decades ago. At some point I'll have to return to this project, and also attempt to draw her in profile and three quarter views. My previous attempt at a profile was too "scary", which Estartleah is not. She's beautiful and delicate in appearance. Some have called her a "Tall White" but I believe she is something different from the Tall Whites that Charles Hall described. I call her a light being, because she literally glows, and emanates a pure love. You could also call her a hybrid or feline being, based on appearance.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some ink drawings of Nordics from 1996, with minor Photoshop enhancements. These were going to be used in a book a friend of mine was writing, but I don't know if that project ever came to fruition. The insignia above the left breast is based on the one F.K. saw on Pleiadian uniforms and above doorways. See post #320 of August 2nd, 2012, page 11 of the sketchbook (from page 47 of A Visual Guide to Alien Beings). The crystal the man is holding is supposed to be a communications device that can display images, based on something that was described to me. The actual item described was said to be three inches long and tourmaline green in color, referred to as a transmitter.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Way back on page 1 of my sketchbook, I uploaded a photo of an acrylic painting I did, but it doesn't look like I ever uploaded the scan, so here it is. This yellowish creature is the worker type being that accompanied the tall "Antarean" or "Antarian". The eyes are actually supposed to be a darker midnight blue, with the spots in the iris barely discernible. There were a couple of these beings and they had the look of slick, shiny eel skin. They also smelled of ammonia or stale urine. These beings were seen in a dream, but it was exceptionally vivid. I have reason to suspect it was not just a simple dream unrelated to the UFO phenomenon. More later.

Oh, and using the fancy new uploader thing, I've retrieved the acrylic painting of the tall Antarean leader from the first page as a reminder.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another one of those acrylic paintings I never finished. It is a specific sort of "Reptilian Gray". It's called a Vegan Reptoid. Vegan does not refer to its diet. A telepathic impression indicated that it was associated with the star Vega. The important thing to me is that is has a short stubby tail, a fine pebbly scale texture that can glitter depending on how the light hits the scales, pointed fingers, and noticeable muscle definition, but with an extremely slender build. The color is sort of beige, tan, gray, and darker gray just above the upper eyelid below the brow ridge.

To create this I did an outline in pencil, painted over that in watered down acrylic paint, and then used pencil to draw the scale texture over that. I used Photoshop to clean up and darken the background.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My latest project: a hybrid girl with shoulder length black hair. I'm sure the skin color is off here, so it's still very much a work in progress. The skin is very smooth. The eyes are large.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A little more progress, cleaning up the hair and hairline, smoothing out the skin, adding shading and more definition... It's supposed to be black hair, with some shine. I'm not great at painting hair. I don't use a lot of different brushes. Perhaps I'll have to look at a tutorial.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here she is again. Maybe she's done. I added a hint of red veins in the eyes and some suggestion of highlights in the hair. I also gave her some pink for her lips and tear ducts. I lightened the skin color a little, so it should be more accurate.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its amazing how diverse the hybrids are. I wonder if the aliens are jealous of our good looks LOL. By the way, have you ever drawn any aliens that were described a Sirians? On the Wikipedia page on alleged extraterrestrial beings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...estrial_beings) they are described as being aquatic humanoids but when I look them up the descriptions are really inconsistent. One depiction that matches the "aquatic humanoid" description is the one from this link called Alien Beach (http://alienbeach.tripod.com/id2.html). Its interesting that it gives them anatomy and physical characteristics but its probably just one of those fake info sites.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    xenoart5, I was starting to miss getting comments and questions. Thank you.

Descriptions of "Sirians" are variable. Human-like, reptilian, dolphinoid, etc... The Sirius star system does sometimes come up as having special meaning for experiencers, in telepathic communication, regression, channeling, etc... Like the Pleiades, Zeta Reticuli, Alcyone, Arcturus, etc... As for that Alien Beach book, it appears to be a work of fiction. However, I do know that some experiencers use science fiction writing as a way of expressing past life memory, aspects of their contact/abduction experiences, etc... Allegedly, beings with cat-like pupils and a long, straight nose (but relatively thin and flat against the face), such as the beings described by Herbert Schirmer, are one form of Sirian. Others, it is said, would pass for human. I have to simply volunteer my opinion that, while identification of particular star sytems may be helpful to experiencers attempting to cope with their experiences and connect with their "star family", it is more practical and productive for me to simply focus on the the detailed physical description of the being. Any information that comes regarding place of origin can be added as a footnote in the details of the experience. I also believe that, if we are talking about a galactic community of advanced races that have been interacting for, well, practically forever, then our concept of a particular species being associated with a particular star system may be in error. Perhaps it's more like the Mos Eisley cantina on Tatooine.

Here I am playing with Photoshop's "Type Tool", as I am learning to add text to my drawings. This piece of art is kind of my mission statement.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Something I don't get is that you think these aliens are interdimentional and yet they identify themselves as being from recognizable places in our galaxy. Why is that? Also, I personally don't think the aliens are that old, at least 10 million years or so. I think this for two reasons. One, a lot of the technology that they are described to have isn't really that far out of our reach. Our scientist have recently just found that warp drive is more feasible than previously thought and we've only existed for about 200,000 years (research our recent technological advances/discoveries). 2) Our galaxy is old enough for technological civilizations to arise approximately 5 billion years ago. So if they existed for that long our galaxy would have been colonized a million times over and that would include earth before we existed. So either they are very conscious about population control, The didn't develop technologically as fast as we are, there aren't as many suitable planets to live on as we think, or they're just not that ancient. Also, I'm not sure that they get along with each other as much as we think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    xenoart5, My thoughts about the aliens are flexible. I have yet to experience one for myself in an incontrovertible way (i.e., I don't count my one shadow person/sleep paralysis experience as an alien encounter), and as long as they operate in secrecy and deny us the hard evidence of their existence that would convince our scientific institutions, I can't even say for sure in what sense they are real. Experientially, though, they seem to be physically real, just elusive. So yes, I think "interdimensionality" is an aspect of what they are, whatever that means. As for their identification of recognizable star systems, etc. (which does happen, despite claims by some that aliens never tell people where they are from), I think perhaps this is an approximation of truth, insofar as we are able to understand it, given that we don't have any scientific conception of the "interdimensional" thing. It is also for the benefit of the experiencers and their personal missions here on Earth, for that percentage of experiencers who have been told about, have felt, or have accepted such missions.

We cannot estimate the "age" of alien civilizations. Yes, the galaxy reached a stage, 5 billion years ago, when civilizations could have arisen, based on models of star formation, planet formation, chemical evolution of the interstellar medium, etc... The problem is that the concept of linear time is not useful as regards extraterrestrial civilizations, or especially what Carl Sagan referred to as "arbitrarily advanced" civilizations. I have a feeling we will have time travel within a few centuries. Some people have experienced it already, in the context of the alien interaction. It renders "linear time" obsolete. As for "warp drive" that discussion/debate is ongoing in the physics community. Ultimately, I'm sure they will find some means of interstellar travel, perhaps like warp drive, that is feasible. Miguel Alcubierre's warp drive is just an approximation based on early twenty-first century physics. Actually, it's really based on Einstein's general theory of relativity, which is close to a century old.

The rest of your comments relate to the Fermi paradox. The UFO phenomenon is, at best, a partial solution to the paradox. For most of Earth's history the most advanced life was cyanobacteria. The aliens could have colonized us then, but apparently they didn't. Evolution didn't really get kick started until the Cambrian explosion, after the last "Snowball Earth" episode, if I remember my paleo. Seems like billions of years of wasted time. So what gives? Were the early ETs too lazy to terraform the planet back then? Did they just want to leave it alone to develop for billions of years and see what happened? Well, hopefully when we have a better understanding of the UFO phenomenon, all those mysteries will make more sense. As for the aliens getting along with each other, I think they have agreements. Reportedly the hybridization program is something that a lot of ET groups have signed on to. There may be limited wars or conflicts, but I do not think they are as destructive as what we imagine in our science fiction.

As for "population control". I don't think they have implemented any draconian measures to do this. You notice that even on Earth, in the First World, population is fairly steady. Achieving a balance between reproduction and longevity should not be too difficult for an advanced civilization with genetic engineering abilities and a strong ecological ethic.

Recently I've been working on a reptilian, but he's not menacing enough yet. He was not a friendly reptilian, in this interaction. I don't think his appearance is quite lizard-like enough yet, either. He did have human-like facial muscles, capable of recognizable expressions and emotion. Fascinating creature.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another reptilian. A friendly ambassador, with lightning-strike pupils. Preliminary sketches.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've heard some reptilians described as similar in appearance to an upright monitor lizard, or a Velociraptor from the movie Jurassic Park, but with a somewhat more human-like body shape in the legs and torso, and perhaps a shorter snout/muzzle.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Were you told what the height of this tailed individual was? I'm curious if there is a connection between the reptilian sizes and them possessing tails or if its just a form of diversity. If this was a larger individual, it might fit the hypothesis that they become more dragon-like (tail, longer mussel, spikes, etc) as they get older.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The height of the being I'm going for with these drawings was estimated at about five and a half feet. I should also note that he morphed or shifted his form at the end of this brief encounter, with the arms appearing to melt away into the torso. What people see in these experiences, or remember afterward, may or may not be what is actually there.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Weird.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    xenoart5, The alien encounter experience is all about weird. The important thing for the researcher is to be open to listening to whatever the experiencer has to say, to ask clarifying questions, and to hope that the English language has the right words to describe the experience accurately. As for an explanation of the phenomenon? Patience is required. The moment you think you've got a handle on things the phenomenon throws you for a loop. The reptilians are diverse, and we don't understand what they are. The idea of a single species that goes through some kind of metamorphosis over its life cycle is just a bit of hand waving. I admire Dr. David Jacobs' optimism, when he asserted in his book Secret Life that we can figure out what this phenomenon is all about, and it is not inherently beyond human understanding. I agree with that sentiment, actually, but I think a lot of patience, a lot of skepticism of our own theories, and a truly open mind will be required to get there.

A new version of the hybrid girl. I've hidden the upper eyelid to give the eyes a more Asian appearance. I've shortened the apparent length of the nose by flattening the nose bridge (i.e., having the nose start lower on the face), and I've made the cheek bones a little less pronounced. The old version is underneath for comparison.

Last edited by Dahami; October 26th, 2012 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the changes you made on the Hybrid girl. Good Job .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you xenoart5. There will likely be more versions of the hybrid girl in the future.

Coloring an old image. A profile showing an earthy green reptilian with wide ventral plates covering the chest.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More progress on the friendly reptilian ambassador with the lightning-strike pupils. The anatomy on my preliminary sketch was way off, from my perspective. The front view here is more accurate, being based on more detailed information. It seems the eyes should be very round, and unlike most reptilians, he did not have a noticeable ridge down the center of his forehead, or perhaps only a very subtle one. The nose is subtle, and part of the protruding muzzle. The mouth is down at the very tip of the chin, or perhaps beneath it. The witness does not recall seeing the mouth. I still need to add scales and more color variation, and may have to correct the proportions somewhat. I also plan to do a profile and three quarter view using the updated information.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looking through i ur stuff, you definitely need to start studying more anatomy and draw more from life.

and.. why do you keep drawing grey aliens and that human/dinosaur guy from the discovery channel?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dahami, have you worked on any of the Brown's - The Wrinkled Brown Greys?
    I have been looking for descriptions of them to do a piece or 3 of.

taldwarf

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    PeteJ, Yes, my anatomy skills could use improvement, and perhaps life drawing would help. In particular I have trouble with hands and feet, and the proportions of limbs generally. Maybe that's why most of my drawings focus on heads and faces. The "human/dinosaur guy from the Discovery Channel"... The piece with Simon Conway Morris (a strong proponent of convergent evolution) that I think you are referring to also aired on the BBC. The hypothetical large-brained descendant of Troodon (formerly called Stenonychosaurus, prior to 1987 when Phil Currie, iirc, determined it was actually the same animal as Troodon, which had previously been known only from its fossilized teeth) is sometimes called a dinosauroid. The dinosauroid was the product of a thought experiment by Dr. Dale Russell. The profile view of the reptilian ambassador (as I call him - not sure if he was really an "ambassador", but I may learn more about that later on) was inspired by a still from the BBC video, because the woman who encountered this being noted a similarity. The image resonated with her, so to speak. My initial drawings turned out to be a bit off, however, because it seems this guy's mouth was much lower on the face, practically underneath the jawline, and his eyes were much rounder than I had drawn them. As for your question about why I keep drawing gray aliens and reptoids? I didn't call my sketchbook "Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens" for nothing. Enough said.

taldwarf, I think Kay Wilson's "floating grandfather" alien might fit the description of a wrinkled brown variant of a Gray. I am aware that others have described variants with this sort of coloration and skin texture. Look at my July 19th, 2012 post on page 10 of Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens for my drawing of that being - post #277.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...61#post3506561

Hey, I've just learned how to link directly to a previous post! I clicked the post number then copied and pasted the URL that came up.

Here is my current work on the reptilian ambassador with the round eyes and zigzag or lightning-strike pupils. The actual coloration should be darker, and there should be hints of a mottled pattern from what I understand. More to come.

@Velocity Kendall - I played around with copying and pasting textures and using the Warp tool to do the scale pattern. It did help some.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 34