Sketchbook: Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens - Page 15
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    xenoart5, Thank you for the compliment on my work, and the distinction you mention between physical shapeshifting and merely influencing a person's visual impression (an image projected into the mind) is definitely worth considering. The subject of shapeshifting in this phenomenon is complex and multilayered. Someone could write a book on it.

I am familiar with Joe Montaldo. I don't doubt that he has a large database of experiencer reports, but when he throws numbers around (as he does, perhaps as often as Dr. Steven Greer drops names) it could create the false impression that he knows more about the phenomenon than other researchers of equal or greater experience. Also, the number of cases a researcher has in a database is not the only thing to consider when evaluating his conclusions. (I'm speaking generally here - this is not intended as a critique of Joe Montaldo any more than it is of Yvonne Smith, Dr. David Jacobs, Mary Rodwell, Preston Dennett, Derrel Sims or any other researcher in this field.) It's also important to have some idea of how many people that researcher has personally worked with or communicated with and at what level of depth. Further, you also need to consider the way in which the researcher interacts with people, how he questions them, how he listens to them. For example, is he humble, attentive to detail, and open-minded, or is he simply trying to pigeon-hole data into a pet theory? Aspects of the researcher's own educational background, upbringing and life experience will also influence his views. Back to the subject of Joe Montaldo, his classification scheme is something that seems to fit his data, but all of these competing classification systems are somewhat arbitrary, and are likely to evolve over time as new cases come to light, new memories surface, or overlooked data is incorporated. Also, I might humbly add that when Joe interviews people on his show, he tends to talk a lot. I suppose being a talker is a beneficial trait when you have a radio show, but I would find the show easier to listen to if he would use fewer words, and let his guests do more of the talking. No offense intended, Joe, if you're reading this. I respect you as a researcher and I know you've helped a lot of people.

Velocity Kendall, would that reptilian aliens were perfect cylinders. But seriously, that tutorial and those resources are helpful, if I ever stop doing my own thing long enough to take advantage of them. I have been experimenting with the Warp tool. Over time, I will become more adept with it. Thank you.

I've been going over some of my old research notes. Here's some stuff based on an in-person interview (i.e. talking to someone at a UFO group) and a follow up phone conversation a week later, back in May of 1998. The "Cat-eyed Gray" as we called it could also be considered a form of Reptilian-Gray, although it was pasty white rather than green or gray in color, and the scales were too fine to see individually. It had a diamond-shaped pupil, which reminds me of a being that the late Ellen Crystal encountered in Pine Bush, New York, which as I recall, had a diamond or starburst-shaped pupil.

The mention of the beings living "underground for a long time on the homeworld" suggests that there was more to this individual's contact than simply seeing the beings in his home or being abducted by them. He also used to have mathematical concepts, geometry, and colors "crammed into his head" as he fell asleep. In addition to the Cat-eyed Grays and the male "Hybrid" that sometimes supervised them, he had contact with other groups, including those that were from a "higher physical dimension" or "higher plane" of existence. These beings glowed from within, at least part of the time, but they did have a distinct physical form. Much more I could go into with this case. I will say that when I showed him Josi Galante's drawing of a male Sassani (i.e., from Essassani) he said it looked exactly like the Hybrid. His impression, however, was that this being's race was from far in the future, or from some very advanced civilization, and not simply the result of some recent hybridization experiment. I'll have to see if I have more information on exactly how tall the Hybrid was. I had the impression that he was fairly tall. My guess is that the Cat-eyed Grays were around three and a half feet tall. They were like small children running around in dark hooded cloaks. I should note that the Cat-eyed Grays seemed to be using the Hybrid to gain access to this individual for their own purposes.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your sketchbook makes me want to wear a tin foil hat.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahami View Post
    Velocity Kendall, would that reptilian aliens were perfect cylinders. But seriously, that tutorial and those resources are helpful, if I ever stop doing my own thing long enough to take advantage of them. I have been experimenting with the Warp tool. Over time, I will become more adept with it. Thank you.
    Oh well horses to water and all that. If drawing the scales is part of the fun then i guess carry on. if its a chore youd rather do in the timeit takes the kettle to boil, try this..

Name:  sdsadas.jpg
Views: 1452
Size:  105.5 KB

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SkizaStrigo, Thanks, I think. Hey, it worked for Magneto... Kept Professor X out of his head.

Velocity Kendall, Whoa! Proof of principle. Thank you for leading me to water. Drinking takes time. I couldn't help but clean it up just a little (like the eyes) and re-post.

More Yurani drawings from 1996. She's such a babe... I mean, for like a 200 year old alien scientist or whatever.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Grays at work. Some old drawings. The close up was inspired by a drawing by Beth Collings, co-author of the book Connections: Solving Our Alien Abduction Mystery.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are drawings of a praying mantis type alien I did in late 1996. I re-typed the handwritten notes for this upload. These beings wear monk's robes, and seem benevolent. They performed surgery on a friend of mine to remove a cancer. They weren't going to let her die, because she still had work to do. The color is kind of a neutral beige or taupe, and it's exact appearance may depend on lighting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've seen several depictions of the Mantis being done by you. Is the one you just posted the most common depiction?

Responding to your reply to my first comment, I don't take everything Joe Montaldo says at face value. Believe me, there are a bunch of his conclusions that I disagree with or am skeptical of. However, when it comes to the descriptions of the aliens and their behaviors, the info he and his data base has come up with is by far the most believe able and a good bit of his conclusions seem to make a lot more sense that what you would normally hear and read about the topic of aliens. I sometimes see some correlation between your drawings of the aliens described by witnesses you interviewed and his depictions of the aliens. For example, the "Cat Eyed" greys your drew really match with how the greys look without their iconic lenses and the "hybrid" alien commanding those greys sound a lot like an instance where an alien (in this case a tall grey) is projecting an image in the abductee's head to make him see something take he is really isn't seeing (maybe to make him feel less uneasy). Also, you probably have heard how reptilians are depicted with either tails or no tails. Well the conclusion I.C.A.R. has come up with is that the reptilians with tails are the "mature" members of the species and are bigger than the reptilians without tails. This made me think about the "dragon" like reptilian you drew a while ago. Maybe as reptilians get older, they become more dragon-like. BTW, have any of the witnesses you've interview every describe any reptilians with wing-like appendages of any sort (like you read from some internet sources)?

One more question. Did you read my request for doing a depiction of the Mothman (again I don't know if you do requests or not)?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    xenoart5, This is just an attempt to depict one type of mantis alien as described by one experiencer, who, thankfully, also happened to be an artist. There is no "most common" type of mantis alien that I have been able to identify, because whenever I'm able to get a sufficiently detailed description they always differ in the particulars of their anatomy. When I started researching these beings back in the nineties I was thinking that there is one main type, or one main genetic stream, perhaps with a few variations. It seemed like a reasonable assumption. It was a scientifically conservative position, in that it was the simplest assumption that seemed like it might fit the data. I've since abandoned that position. Why experiencers would describe several different alien species that all bear a resemblance (some more than others) to a terrestrial praying mantis is a question I don't have the answer to. I can say that there is a most common type in that they tend to be tall, lanky creatures with long, jointed limbs, long necks, a hard or bony appearance, and oversized triangular heads with enormous black eyes on the sides. So as far as a general description, yes there is a most common type, but if you really take the time to determine exactly what the experiencer saw, you will find much variation in the details (number and arrangement of fingers, structure of mouthparts, etc.).

Humility is a virtue when interacting with and obtaining information from experiencers. It's important to defer to each individual experiencer on the details of what he saw, and try to avoid making assumptions based on other people's accounts. Dr. Jacobs assumes, and has stated, more or less, that variations in the details of what aliens look like are not important, as many of the differences in people's conscious memories are due to screening or distortion, while differences in hypnotically retrieved memories could be due to "confabulation", and further, all the aliens are doing the same thing anyway. Well, Dr. Jacobs is a historian, and he makes some assumptions that I don't fully agree with. By education, I'm a biologist with a concentration in ecology and evolution, and to me the details of what the alien beings look like are among the most interesting and important things we can learn about the phenomenon. Building a complete description of what an alien being looks like often involves asking a lot of follow-up questions for clarification. Of course, such questions need to be structured in a way that avoids leading the witness. Sometimes an experiencer will not realize that what he has said has an ambiguity in it, and that such ambiguities can not always be resolved from context. So part of what I do is to help people become aware of ambiguities in their descriptions, and to express things in a way that minimizes or eliminates such ambiguities.

This gets to my larger goal in interacting with experiencers, beyond my obvious goal of determining what aliens look like. I am trying to empower experiencers to become more effective at expressing or communicating what it is they have experienced. Part of this is getting them to the point where they are as clear as they can be, in their own mind, about what it is they've experienced, and helping them to find the words, or develop the artistic skill, to present that information to others. I can't tell people what they've experienced since I don't know, but I can encourage them to keep a journal of their experiences, to draw pictures of what they've seen, to meditate, to focus on questions before going to sleep, to photograph unexplained marks that show up on their bodies, to write down when missing time episodes occur, etc... I can gently encourage people to check their spelling before posting an experience online. This is important because it avoids making readers have to guess or try to infer from context what the experiencer meant to say. Readers are generally more inclined to give the experiencer the benefit of the doubt if the account is clearly written. Of course, everyone has their own limitations, based on educational background, IQ, whether English is a second language to them, the kind of interface technology they're using, etc... I've been accused of being pedantic. Most people do seem to realize, however, that my intentions are honorable. I'm on a mission to empower the people I interact with to share their encounters with others. Some people may never reach the level of being "articulate", but if I can at least help them to be comprehensible, then that counts for something. Most of the experiencers I've met are quite understandable, of course, and everyone has their own areas of strength when it comes to presenting their experiences in a way that others can relate to. I aim to reduce the number of excuses skeptics have to ignore or dismiss these experiences.

As for these speculations about the reptilian life cycle... To me it seems like this is just hand-waving aimed at explaining away the diversity of reptilian types that are reported. Montaldo has expressed the opinion that "reptilians" are actually a kind of advanced amphibian. As a biologist (by education, I have a B.A.) I find it hard to believe that a "primitive" group of vertebrates such as an amphibians could develop technology and civilization, or even the metabolism necessary to support a humanoid form. But perhaps this is just a mammal/reptile/bird-centric prejudice on my part. We sometimes forget that there was an "age of amphibians" on this planet, consisting of the Carboniferous and Permian periods of Earth history. Some of the amphibians of that age reached enormous sizes and likely had adaptations that we don't know about. One can hypothesize a parallel timeline in which, rather than being supplanted by reptiles at the end of the age, those amphibians continued to evolve, and even retained some amphibian-like characteristics as they went on to dominate the land. If they evolved to take on a humanoid form, however, I doubt that they could be considered true amphibians in a biological sense. I should mention that in rare instances reptilians (though not the scaly ones) or Gray-like beings have been described as having a skin that appears moist, like a frog or salamander, suggesting perhaps an amphibian-like skin secretion. Also, reports of webbed hands and feet are extremely common in reptilians and some of their smaller Gray-like cousins. I can't dismiss Joe Montaldo's idea of "amphibian" humanoids out of hand completely. Then we come to the idea of a metamorphosis, which is a defining stage in the life cycle of most amphibian species. Could a tailless "reptilian" metamorphose when it reaches maturity and suddenly grow a tail? Could an older reptilian take on a more dragon-like appearance, while the younger ones are more lizard or snake-like in appearance? Anything is possible, but there is not any obvious precedent for this kind of thing, and I've never seen any indication that this is happening in any of the UFO contact cases I've come across. So again, I think this is just a hand-waving attempt to explain away the actual diversity of reported reptilians.

Now, the question of wings or wing-like appendages on the backs of reptilians... This is an important question. The golden reptilian with the dragon-like features had bulging muscles on its upper back, which almost created the impression of wings folded on the back, but the witness was pretty clear that these did not appear to be actual wings. In cryptozoological literature, there are a couple of reports of winged reptilian humanoids. I can also think of a slender 7.5 ft. tall alien with broad shoulders and some reptilian-like features, allegedly an Antarian (or Antarean) that appeared to have a "double spine" or rudimentary atrophied wings folded under a long flowing robe with a high collar. This being was encountered in a dream state, but it was not a normal dream. He had a very aloof and arrogant attitude. I ought to revisit that case again sometime.

Mothman, huh? Well, the descriptions of Mothman were not terribly detailed as far as the anatomy, due chiefly to the nature of the encounters. Many explanations have been offered as to what the Mothman actually was, from a giant owl, to a demon, to a winged reptilian humanoid from Alpha Draconis. If I were to draw it, and try to be accurate to the witness descriptions, I would come up with the same kind of image as has been done before by cryptozoological artists, unless I put my own spin or interpretation on it. Maybe someday I'll draw the Mothman. No plans to right now, however.

Now, three faces exploring the variation among hybrids. They are not necessarily meant to be specific hybrids, but all the features shown and the general appearance of these faces do reflect people's actual encounter experiences.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A hybrid female inspired by Estartleah, but not Estartleah. A hybrid child wearing a simple tunic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some alien faces in pencil and ink. I drew these in 1996 based on various sources.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A pencil and ink sketch of the leader from Barney and Betty Hill's abduction that I drew in 1996.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You make some good points. I also have a bit of a background in biology and this is one of the things that I use when researching these kinds of topic. Joe did say that the reptilians are more akin to amphibians, he also says that they are warm blooded (which would help with intelligence if accurate), possess nails (the only known amphibians with nails are African clawed frogs) and still appear to have scaly skin. If these descriptions are accurate, they would suggest that their physiology is unlike any major animal group on earth and (In my opinion at least) that they really are from another planet rather than from earth as Joe thinks they are (He came to this conclusion mostly because the way they are described to him, they seem surprisingly comfortable in our environment). Personally I don't think the reptilians and the greys are closely related in any way.

I like how you depict the different variations of the aliens, including the hybrids. IMO, this partially goes against the notion that there are dozens of alien species visiting earth because it could suggest that people may be mistaking a variant of a species for a completely different species. It just like calling people of different ethnicity different species and we all know how incorrect that is.

Concerning Mothman, There was a speculative description of its physiology that sounded pretty interesting and lmost matches with the eyewitness descriptions of the mothman and related creatures (e.g. owlman). It describes the mothman as an insectoid organism with six limbs but with the wings formed from the forelimbs instead of a separate mechanism and the middle pair used for manipulation. These wings have scales that extend from the forelimbs that are similar in structure to those in moths and also allow silent flight like owls. Does that sound in any way plausible to you?

I find it interesting that some of the witnesses you talked to gave the name of the species of alien (e.g. Antarian). Unfortunately I'm skeptical about this because the names and stellar locations that witnesses describe (e.g. pleiadians, sirians, zeta rectillians), those are star systems "we" named and their is no way that they aliens would called themselves our their home worlds the same thing.

One more thing. Do you think that you can list all the types of aliens that you know about/think are real (oximoron in a way). I know people see the greys, reptilians, and the human-likes. A couple others that I've heard of are the tall whites, the light beings, the Hopkinsvile goblins, the Flatwoods monster (with more descriptions given in an episode of Monsterquest about it), the sirians (the descriptions I find vary greatly but most commonly described as aquatic humanoids), the mantis beings, the Mothman occationally, and one very strange type of being called the "Hours-ra" (http://evelorgen.com/wp/articles/mil...ans/horus-ra/; http://flashmentalsimulation.wordpre...like-horus-ra/). The last one I'm not sure about but admit that it actually "looks" alien. The reason I'm asking for a list is being I'm thinking about doing a sci-fi story that involves them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Remember, parallel timelines mean that evolution on Earth is a much larger branching tree than what we see in our textbooks. Consider a timeline that split from our own 100 million years ago, during the age of the dinosaurs, or even earlier. There is plenty of room among the branches of Earth's multidimensional tree of life for "reptilians" that differ from anything we see in our own timeline.

Grays are many things. I believe that some are closely related to reptilians. Others may be a cross between human and insectoid, or a kind of evolved human, the product of "neoteny" or heterochrony. There are many other possibilities as well. Of course, we don't really even know what humans are, apart from several categories of evidence that tie human origins to Earth's indigenous primates. I am open to the idea that modern humans are the result of transgenic experiments in the distant past, rather than purely the result of random mutations and natural selection. Of course, any claims to that effect will have to be borne out by our own science before they can be broadly accepted, and that will require a paradigm shift. In the meantime, it's healthy to stay on the fence.

I don't think attempting to distinguish between different alien species is at all racist. It is simply how human knowledge of zoology (or astrobiology) progresses. Of course, I believe that at some point we will come to recognize many of these species as nonhuman peoples, or even as "human" in some broader sense of the word. They are other thinking beings with many of the same traits that we have.

I don't think Mothman is any kind of insect. It looks "moth-like" in only the most general terms. A giant owl or interdimensional reptilian are more plausible explanations to me than a giant insect, but neither of those explanations is particularly plausible either. It's just another cryptozoological mystery as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps I will explore it at a later date.

As for alien race names or systems of origin. These names are used by the beings themselves in communication with human subjects, in at least some cases. Yes, they are often human designations of star systems, clusters or galaxies. I suspect that these names are used for our benefit, to give experiencers an answer that will help them cope, or point them to others who may have had similar experiences. Do these names of star systems really tell us anything about where aliens come from? It's quite reasonable to be skeptical about whether Zeta Reticuli has planets, for example, as we still have no proof either way. And would we find any life on those planets if we went there? Maybe, maybe not. Also, there seems to be an interdimensional aspect to this phenomenon. Time travel and parallel realities likely play a role. It is simply too early to be concerned about alien points of origin, imho. The aliens are here, and the experiencers have to deal with them.

I am not familiar with the Horus-Ra alien, but I checked out your links and the Valentina Zorzi illustrations. As for a list of aliens... Impractical. There are too many. I stick with general categories and variations within those categories.

Here is an ink drawing of "Doctor Mantis" that I did in 1998 based on Jeff Westover's colored pencil drawing, which appears at the Alien Alley site.

Last edited by Dahami; October 6th, 2012 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Three things.

1) I think you missed my point about alien species. Its not about racism, its about not taking into account the many variations that exist within a single species which is something you see a lot in humans. We're not all exactly the same. Specific regions on the planet has lead to characteristics that are unique to that region but we all a still the same species. I'm just urging to take that into account when trying to categorizes aliens into species because one might identify more than there really are.

2) I personally don't think the reptilians or any of the other aliens (except maybe the light beings) are interdenominational or come from parallel time lines. If they did, why would they identify themselves as native to locations that we've identified in our galaxy? Also, the witnesses may be misinterpreting interdimentionality with high levels of technological capability. Think about it. If we went back three hundred years ago and the people saw is with all the touch technology we have today, wouldn't they mistake us for something from the supernatural plan?

3) Though I'm partially open to the idea of aliens contributing to our genome (artificially of course other wise you have the issue of interspecial barriers), there's not really much evidence for that, especially with the results of the Human genome project (though we did find that people of non-African decent possess genes from Neanderthals and another species of human called Denisovans). I also don't think they created us either sense people who believe that point to the ancient Sumerian texts as proof when we have evidence of our existence long before that in the form of fossils (oldest being 200,000 years ago) and archeological sites such as Gobekli Tepe (http://www.smithsonianmag.com/histor...ekli-tepe.html).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These drawings are from an interview with a woman at a UFO group in early 1997. She reacted with tears when she first saw my acrylic painting of the hooded blue being. She never did describe an encounter with the blue beings, though, so it may have just been something about the eyes or the hood, or something in her subconscious that prompted her emotional response. She remembered a conscious encounter with a Gray during a camping trip, in 1995 if I recall correctly. She also had a memory of holding a hybrid baby, while a small hybrid girl looked on without emotion. She did a little pencil sketch for me, which I traced over in ink for permanence. I did a sketch of the girl's face, and of a Gray. She also told me of a childhood sighting of a large muscular reptilian with massive thighs climbing a ladder in a concrete drainage channel in a populated area of California, somewhere in the San Francisco Bay region, as best I recall. She remembered it looking back over its shoulder at her.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In 1997 I hosted a meeting on the alien contact/abduction phenomenon at a local bookstore. I was accompanied by experiencer C.S. who spoke of her encounters, and of the khaki reptilian. There were fewer than ten people in attendance. I showed a drawing of a reptilian being named Zehtar, who has a slender graceful appearance, unlike the big, muscular reptilians. One gentleman noted that it bore a resemblance to another reptilian from an experience that took place perhaps ten or fifteen years earlier (not sure if it was a dream, a telepathic contact, a partial memory of a physical encounter, or some aspect of his own imagination). The main difference from my drawing of Zehtar was that the reptilian from his experience had distinct ventral plates on the throat. I did these drawings to represent what he recalled. I never met with him again to verify the accuracy, however. I seem to recall that he also reported a UFO sighting and perhaps missing time. Take that together with his interest in attending my alien abduction presentation and it seems likely that he was an "experiencer" and that the reptilian image he recalls did have something to do with UFO occupants. It's a tricky phenomenon, in that it affects the memory, and it is often hard to get clarity on what people have experienced until those people are emotionally ready. I would say also, a lot depends on the UFO occupants as well. Perhaps they have their own agenda regarding how much their human contacts are permitted to remember, and when.

Last edited by Dahami; October 7th, 2012 at 02:22 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the strength of your lines and you defo have a style. I think you need to focus on gaining confidence with anatomy and faces. I would highly recommend studying loomis

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ive been doing alot of research based on the modern reptilian shifters out there,private and public exposure of these creature that have also been confirmed in the vatican. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkBjo...feature=g-hist here is a video i watched last night whilst running utube

Caribbean 3d Junkie..respect to God
    He in one blood he and Eye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quoting the top comment for that video, "looks like a bored little girl who might of been about to get a fit of the giggles, did the tongue in cheek and shit to stop it, gawd some ppl." Its rather annoying annoying how people will point out any little thing and cry "Alien!" I wish people would apply a little more logic and critical thinking. BTW, I've been study the research done by serious experts in the field of ufology and they've come to the conclusion that none of the aliens are shape shifters (except for the light beings). Instead, they can project an image within the person's head to make them look like something else, including a human or an alien species that doesn't really exist. If any person finds themselves abducted, they should pay close attention to what the aliens seen are doing because that often betrays what they really are.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    phoenicorn, Thank you for providing a useful suggestion. Much appreciated.

AbsorbenGhost, I think xenoart5 said it well. I have friends who see reptilian shapeshifters in practically every YouTube video... Anything with some odd digital artifacts or light catching someone's eye just right.

xenoart5, Be warned that I have a low tolerance for cussing in my sketchbook, even when it's in quotes. You can always substitute an * for the letter "i", and you can go back and edit your comment.

I would recommend some intellectual humility when it comes to the issue of shapeshifting. We can pretend we understand what's going on, but until we can get the aliens to demonstrate their abilities for us under controlled conditions, it's all just guessing. One of the first cases of shapeshifting I encountered involved a "light being" or glowing being taking on human form, if the witness interpreted it correctly. I know of a couple cases in which reptilians, in an out-of-body state, were perceived as light beings. I believe the "interdimensional" aspect may come into play in shapeshifting. The matter of our 3D universe may be easily manipulated by beings from "higher planes of existence". There are also the screen imagery cases, of the sort you describe, in which a Gray, for example, may do something like the Shadow (from the old radio show or the Alec Baldwin movie), and simply put an image into the mind of a human subject of a deer, owl or such. Then the real time screen imagery needs to be distinguished from after the fact screen memories, in which it is only the conscious memory of the event that has been influenced, perhaps by means of something like a powerful post-hypnotic suggestion. But I must emphasize that we need many more observations by witnesses who are attentive to detail, and what we really need are observations under controlled circumstances, before we can draw definite conclusions. It's best to keep an open mind.

Here is a drawing of a couple of female beings I did in the mid-nineties based on the description of an experiencer I knew. The "head nurse" in his experience and one of her subordinates.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I apologize for including the cussing in the quote. I personally don't like it when people do that either. I'll be sure to avoid it in the future.

I know its best to keep an open mind, but you also must maintain a rational and scientific mind in these kinds of things as well. Just because something looks interdimentional doesn't mean it is. For example, it could be a misidentification of holograms or a kind of utility fog (a swarm of microscopic machines). And just from hearing what these aliens do and the methods of doing them, the sound like they are physical beings and not some kind of ultra dimensional apparitions (would such being even have any use for technology?). I'm not trying to pretend to know what is going one, because really I don't. I'm just trying to give an educated guess.

I really love how you do the faces of your drawings. I actually kinda envy you for that. From the appearances of the aliens you depicted, they seem to match the descriptions of the Tall Whites (though the appearance of the "head nurse" might suggest other wise unless there are reported variations in the Tall Whites).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Before you reply again, would you rather have me just comment on your artwork (I am a really big fan of it) and skip out on the whole science analysis on the aliens?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    xenoart5, I enjoy an intelligent question or observation now and then. "Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens" is a place for me to share my research and what I've learned doing these drawings over the years, as well as a place for me to improve my artistic skills and presentation. Please just find a balance. At this point it seems like I've heard just about every conceivable explanation for every component of the alien abduction phenomenon. So it is rare that someone presents a truly new perspective that I haven't considered yet. The experiencers are my teachers, when it comes to the phenomenon. The people at ConceptArt.org are my teachers when it comes to art. I started drawing aliens in a serious way over twenty years ago, when I was in college. I had come out of high school where I was a member of the Science Club, and had taken A.P. biology, and where classmates had once labeled me "biological", "scientific" and "bizarre" during an exercise in English class. In college I was pursuing a degree in biology, with a concentration in ecology, evolution and behavior. I was taking courses in biogeography, genetics, neuroscience, physics, the philosophy of space and time, etc... I was very much immersed in the "rational and scientific mind" perspective.

Back in ~1994, when a woman described seeing a being shapeshift to me during a phone conversation, it created a certain degree of cognitive dissonance. I became adamant and wanted her to be clear about exactly what she was saying because my mind was having a hard time accepting what I was hearing, "You're talking about a physical transformation of the physical body?!" She confirmed, yes, that's what she saw in her experience, and how she understood it. We were not talking about an experience on the astral plane or something like that. She was talking about beings actually altering their "cellular structure". It was a level of control over matter that I had not anticipated. It was a surprise. Watching Star Trek, Star Wars, Carl Sagan's Cosmos, and the documentary film UFOs Are Real had not led me to expect this. There was a set of physical laws that all my education (high school, college, watching lots of PBS growing up, many hours spent at the library) had led me to accept as true. So I asked her about conservation of mass. My question served a double purpose. I wanted to reassure her that I still believed her, convey why I was having such a hard time with this idea of shapeshifting, and of course, I also wanted to gain as much insight as possible into the mechanism of shapeshifting and exactly what the process entails. She did tell me at that time that in the cases she'd observed it always appeared consistent with mass conservation. For example, a short stocky being might turn into a taller human-like being of the same mass. I am really grateful to her for pushing me to the edge like that. It was something I greatly needed at that point in my research.

At this point, in 2012, my mind is much more open to different possibilities than it was when I got out of college. Intellectual humility is what this phenomenon calls for. We cannot remain trapped in temporal provincialism, thinking that the science of the early 21st century is the final word. One has to distinguish between scientific knowledge and scientific dogma -- things assumed to be true by the prevailing culture in which scientists operate, but which have not actually been proven. I have complete faith in science, in the sense that I know that anything I discover regarding alien encounters will not change the results of past scientific experiments, nor threaten the validity of established scientific theories, within the domains in which those theories have been shown to be valid. My faith in science, in that sense, is stronger now than when I was fresh out of college. At the same time, my mind is much more open now, and I am much better able to listen to experiencer accounts without judging, or feeling the need to fit everything into some rigid theory of what the UFO phenomenon is and how it operates. Making an educated guess is fine, but it is important to remember that it's just a guess, and there are multiple possible interpretations, including those we haven't thought of yet, for the various aspects of the alien contact experience.

I will also suggest that dreams, past/parallel lives, and insights from psychics can offer important clues to this phenomenon. They deserve attention. Where socially possible (and you have to use your own best judgment based on the setting and the rapport you've established with the experiencer) these things deserve the same level of rigorous questioning as would someone's report of a physical encounter, in order to bring out the most complete possible description of the insight or experience and answer all of the unanswered questions about context and detail. Getting people to draw is also very important, as the process of drawing often helps them to remember additional details. Getting people over the fear of being judged as a "bad artist" seems to be the hardest part sometimes. The important thing is that they at least try and don't give up right away.... Anyway, what I wanted to say is that the idea of a significant "interdimensional" component of the phenomenon, which offers clues about where the aliens may go when they're not abducting people, and how they can do some of the things they can do, comes in part from people's dreams, memories of lives lived as aliens, insights from psychics, etc... As Dr. John Mack said, we need to learn to value our experiences with the unseen realm. Part of this is getting out of the insistence on having definite answers in the short-term. We need to put our faith in science to fill in those details over the long-term. That frees us up to simply listen to the experiencers, without judgment.

Okay, enough blogging for today. Here are some of my drawings of Zehtar ("Zeh-tar" or something like that is how the name came through). I don't know if the woman who saw him ever met him in the flesh, but while meditating one time, she had a strong visual impression of "gecko eyes" staring at her. Subsequently she had other experiences of observing Zehtar and seeing into his craft where there were other reptilians like him. She even heard their speech in an alien language. "Neek Taka Muk" is one utterance she recalled. Zehtar is my "type specimen" of a slender, graceful reptilian. He's not like the big, muscular ones that are more commonly described. In fact, when I showed this woman a drawing of the khaki reptilian (C.S.) she commented that it looked like a reptilian on steroids or something. She'd never seen anything like that, and the khaki reptilian isn't even one of the really built ones.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    On August 15th, 2011 (see my post #199 on page 7) I posted a drawing of a "Littlefoot" alien and promised there would be more to come. Here's another drawing of Littlefoot, with notes. The images from p. 43 of A Visual Guide to Alien Beings pertain to a being that the hypnotherapist called a "Yeti" type alien, which is basically a smallish hairy humanoid. Small hairy beings show up in several contact cases, but usually play a minor role, with most of the people's experiences primarily involving the Grays. J.V. initially estimated that the being was about three feet tall, but corrected that to around three and a half to four feet. The reference to the mailbox at the bottom of the text I think had something to do with a mailbox near the ditch where this being was spotted. J.V. was riding his motorcycle along a dirt trail in a wooded area. This would be in a suburban area of Redmond, Washington in 1995.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's was another type of mammalian ET that I've been trying to find a good image of but cannot find. Maybe you can post more pics of furry aliens? Also, have you every interviewed anyone who has encountered any robot-like aliens and tried to draw them? I've read about them in an alien field guide (not sure if it was the same one as yours), but I've heard very few abduction cases about them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    xenoart5, There will be more posts regarding furry ETs in the future, but the case of J.V. is the only one of mine in which I was able to produce a sufficiently detailed (in my opinion) drawing. I think I have a couple drawings of robotic aliens, but they are redrawn from experiencer drawings, or historical cases, rather than people I've interviewed myself. So, patience please. Thank you for your interest.

Here are a couple of my late-nineties attempts at putting Grays in abduction scenes. The second one with the female human in the jumpsuit... This is based on a few cases in which women I know reported being trained as "calmers", typically trained to stroke another abductee's head or shoulders to soothe them and induce a calm state.

A woman I knew in the early to mid nineties... She and the man she eventually married met aboard a craft, and recognized each other when they met on Earth. As I remember, they seemed to recall living some other life up there in which they wore these dark blue one piece jumpsuits. These were just snippets of memory of on board experiencers in which they were basically acting as part of the alien crew in their human bodies. There was another experience in which one or the other of them saw the other as an alien. I think it was the man who saw the woman as kind of a willowy Gray, here on Earth, but it was like the image of the Gray was superimposed over the human body... Something like that. At the time, I didn't realize that these stories would turn out to be part of a larger pattern in the contact experience, so I didn't write down all these accounts in detail. These are the kind of stories you might hear more of if you hang around with psychics and in metaphysical circles.

Anyway, back to the drawing... It seems the aliens are short-staffed (or just really efficient in terms of human resource management) so they train abductees to perform specific tasks as part of their on board activities. Psychological/emotional testing of abductees by the aliens is important so that the aliens can learn to predict exactly how the abductees will react in different situations, and then determine what tasks they can be assigned and how much supervision they require. Of course, such testing might also be used to record data on emotional responses that can be used with the hybrids, and so forth, so some procedures may have multiple functions, and obviously I'm largely guessing about these things.

I have an attractive female "calmer" and a naked male abductee lying on a table, with a Tall Gray about to... Well, I'll just leave the drawing open for interpretation. I was kind of experimenting with putting a subtle erotic element in the scene. The "anvil" shaped table is a fairly typical description.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Two Tall Grays. I need more info on the feet! I've heard conflicting reports about what their feet look like, but of course, there are different species, and often they wear coverings on the feet.

xenoart5, You asked about robots. There are cases of mechanical or apparently non-biological robot-like entities that show up in the literature. I have not made a study of them, as they are relatively rare, with little consistency, and sometimes they blend into other categories of UFO occupants (such as beings wearing protective suits). I offer this drawing I did in 1996, which is redrawn from an experiencer who I don't think I ever met, so I can not provide you with any additional details. He labeled it a "brown being", but it looks a lot like a robot in the drawing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm curious about the feet as well. I'd like to think that they are digitigrades in some way (mostly greys and reptilians) but that's probably inaccurate. There actually was an episode of the SyFy series "Destination Truth" about alien mummies in chiles where they actually found a small body lightly rapped in some kind of cloth/clothing. They couldn't identify what is was (they head was missing) but they ruled out a chicken or any other bird or primate and noted that the feet were almost hoof-like. Hope this helps in some way.

The drawing of the "brown being" does bring robot into mind. I not going to pressure you to do/find more. You your own thing.

Out of curiosity, what's your opinion of the Flatswood monster? I ask this because from an episode of MonsterQuest, titled Lizard Monster, it shows different reports and sightings involved with the same kind of being. What I found the most interesting is the suggested hypothesis that the famous sighting with the large hooded figure with buring red eyes and hovering above the ground might actually be a kind of exosuit for the actually alien being. Said being is described a being 9-10 ft tall, reptile-like skin, elongated cone-like heads, red eyes, two fingers, and floating on some kind of hovercraft that covers the lower half of the body (maybe they don't have legs). Here's the episode (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuGhxEFrs8o). See what you think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mark487, thank you for your observations. I plan to be drawing for the rest of my life. Check back in a decade and see if my realism has improved. But yes, I guess I do have a particular style. It simply evolved naturally for me.

xenoart5, I have heard that some Grays don't have "feet" per se, but maybe something more like a hoof. These would be the beings who float, glide or levitate, and perhaps "hop" when they are on Earth. There was some discussion of this at Whitley Strieber's board a couple years back. More commonly, however, I've heard that they have simple, child-like feet. Linda Moulton Howe mentioned a description of the feet as shaped like irons, like people use to iron clothes. Ted Phillips investigated numerous physical trace cases in which "small footprints" were found, in conjunction with sightings of small humanoids. I have to assume he was referring to impressions that were recognizable as footprints, and not something more exotic in shape. I should also say that in the vast majority of cases the anatomy of the lower leg for both Grays and reptilians suggests a plantigrade foot, like a human being. I've never even heard the idea of a digitigrade foot suggested for Grays, until now.

I haven't researched the Flatwoods Monster, but why not a nine foot tall reptilian in some kind of suit/transport? It seems possible. I have seen the drawings, and I think I saw that episode of MonsterQuest. Frank Feschino has a book on the case.

Here is a drawing by the woman who saw Zehtar of a scene she was shown during one of her telepathic visions from him. Actually, she did a rough sketch in pencil which I traced over in ink and cleaned up, so the drawing was a collaborative effort. It was originally drawn on 02/28/98. It shows Zehtar's playroom, I guess, or his laboratory. There was a row of Zehtar's crewmates standing behind this table on which there rested transparent containers with biological samples suspended in fluid. Zehtar's playroom was dimly lit, and humid. The surfaces were dark metal/iron with a polished cast. How did she know it was humid? She had no memories of physically being on board the craft herself, assuming this was the interior of a craft. It seems that more information is conveyed by telepathy than just visual. The other drawing, also based on a vision as I recall, shows Zehtar in front of a window through which stars are visible. He's not wearing his necklace in this drawing. You'll see that in a future upload.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would have thought the flatswoods monster was a reptilian in a spacesuit if it weren't for the conical head shape and the two fingers (don't reptilians usually have four or five?).

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 34