Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    plokoon, thanks for your comments on the progress of "Galactic Family." Here is a screenshot showing my current work on the mantis being, and some reference images. I am actually sitting in front of the screen with a clipboard, pencil and paper trying to hand draw a suitable mantis right now. It's funny, but for a second I got confused between my clipboard and my Wacom Intuos graphics tablet.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Thanks
    Oh ! Pretty nice !
    I see harmony , all colors congruence among themselves .
    I could looking to this for hours.

I would like to seen end of Your cover ( with titles )
    I can't wait

btw

http://processmediainc.com/process_b...100%20copy.jpg
    Is ''Ashtar Sharan'' in back of Your Booklet?

or 2 Grays ?
    http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1...utyiuuiiyu.png

Thanks
    plokoon, I once tried to do an image of "Commander Ashtar" for someone I knew who was channeling him, and had a vision of him partly materialize in her kitchen, as best I recall. I never finished the image and I never published it, so any images of him you find online are done by someone else. What I remember is that he had fair, refined features and a high forehead with a widow's peak haircut.

Yes there is a color image of two Grays on the back of my old booklet, which I will post here at some point. I know, I know... It takes me a while to do anything. Have patience.

So this is a progress on the mantis. I wanted to give you a close up this time, as I am starting to like the way this is shaping up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Are we there yet? I'm going to call it done for now. To my friend Kim: How do you like it?

I used Photoshop to clean up and revise the various alien beings in the picture, and for some of the beings (as you will recall if you've followed my progress) I created new drawings in pencil, and then scanned them in and integrated them into the image. I tried to retain some of the hand made look of the original, so that it doesn't look completely digital. That involved playing around with layer transparencies and blending modes.

I do feel a little like a one trick pony when it comes to Photoshop. There are probably more efficient ways of achieving the same results, but I don't do this for a living, so I haven't forced myself to learn them yet.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,104 Times in 926 Posts
    looking at your work always makes me smile! Keep pushing dude!

Thanks
    Thanks lolbbq, I will.

These are sketches I did years ago, after reading a description of a lithe, little Gray type alien crouched on a bed.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oh my fauvorite type of art
    I am love it
    Of course I will not be offend if i see more

Aha and i would like to invite You Sir to my new ugly doodles

Thanks
    The male hybrid being in uniform, from an encounter that took place in 1995. I could probably do some more detail work around the eyes and with the uniform, and perhaps smooth out some of the edges, but I'm going to call him done (for now). This is at least close to what the witness reported, and the drawings she produced. The skin was described as ash white, like porcelain, without the pink undertone that one sees in human skin. There were subtle age lines around the eyes. The iris was a crystal gray color. The uniform had a lapel, and was green like split pea soup, but with a hint of gray. There might have been additional detail like piping or cording along the edges, and perhaps shiny buttons or an emblem of some sort. Overall the look reminded the witness of a Confederate uniform from the Civil War. This being was acting as a supervisor. That from my notes on my conversation with the witness, and the notes that accompanied the drawings she sent me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    That last one is both creepy and awesome.

Thanks
    I really like the aliens and really great idea, but the humans look at little stiff, but maybe it's on purpose.

Thanks
    Mr. David
    keep posting pages from Your booklet Please .
    I would like to see , what intresting is there

Thanks
    aimeemcfarlane, Thanks!

jskotte, The "stiffness" is on purpose, to try to suggest that they are not Earth humans, but you're right that I do have difficulty drawing humans and giving them an appropriately dynamic look (i.e., gesture).

plokoon, More illustrations from the booklet are coming.

So I'm working more on coloring my old image of the reptilian being called Renjeck (the one I use for my avatar). I'm trying to get more solid color to the scales and remove some of the underlying white. Maybe later I'll add some more lighting/shadow effects. Most of the skin on the body is supposed to have a beaded texture, a little like a Gila monster, but the skin on the face is smoother. Here's the latest progress.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank You for reply Sir

Hey Sir, I found this illustration and i thought that will be good idea to post
    If i copied Your rights so , Iam sorry

but i love this drawing , that hybrid , that greys ... amazing

Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens
    Last edited by plokoon; April 28th, 2010 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks
    Hi plokoon. It's been a while since I've seen that one. That was one of my anime/manga style female hybrids. The proportions of the eyes on some of the hybrids actually remind people of living manga characters. The cape with the high collar on the tall Gray overseer is based on a drawing in Edith Fiore's book, and a drawing Steve Neill did for Yvonne Smith's presentations. Smith called it a "Dracula cape."

More progress on Renjeck. It's slow going as I'm just massaging the scale pattern and working with layers in different blending modes to adjust color and shadow. I use a lot of darken, multiply, screen and overlay mode, with differing transparency levels, to achieve different effects. I'm sure a professional could do this more quickly and efficiently, but I'm experimenting and learning the ways of Photoshop. Right now I've exaggerated the delineations between scales in some areas. Eventually I'll paint over those lines with a semi-transparent layer to make things more subtle and realistic.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dahami For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast