Sketchbook: Dahami's Reptoids and Aliens - Page 10

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another full page from A Visual Guide to Alien Beings. Page 32 focuses on the reptilian species (individual?) we call "Vectra" from Garnette Doonan's experience. In Garnette's encounters, the reptilians have served the role of guards. This page features a drawing of the reptilian's head by Garnette, as well as my interpretations based on the time I spent discussing the visual details of these encounters with her. I also included a profile image of the reptilian named "Ruby" for purposes of comparison, as these were two of the important early cases for which I was able to get a good bit of detail.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is a work in progress. Something like 20 years have passed since my friend's meeting with the reptilian named Ruby. Almost 18 years since I interviewed him. I finally got around to coloring the illustration. I still want to add more gradations of color and shadow, add highlights to her eyes and scales, etc... But this is a start.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thumbs up for this latest work

Do invest your heart and time into this one, it's worth it. This is what you'll be remembered for anyway...Ruby.

Do your best , and thank you

p.s. the background is too similar to the eyes and the cape, so I vote for a black background or white (or both, in two versions) so that colors stand out more

Last edited by skishyish; July 18th, 2012 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you skishyish. I'll think about a different color/shade for Ruby's background. No promises, though.

Page 34 includes an eyewitness drawing of Dahami by Garnette Doonan, as well as my depiction of the space colony to which Garnette was taken, the face of an elder council member from Dahami and Estartleah's group, a profile of a "Vectra" type reptilian, which serve as guards on the space colony as well as at a base Garnette has been to. All the beings depicted on this page, except for the reptilian, glow from within. The space colony closely resembles a drawing of a space colony that appears in the book Encounters by Dr. Edith Fiore and Garnette wonders if she and the experiencer "Linda" from Fiore's book might have both been taken to the same place.

Also on this page are depictions of beings who were seen by another witness, when they visited her in her bedroom and tried to dissuade her from investigating a UFO sighting in the area. At the time of the visitation, she wasn't even aware that this sighting had been reported, and didn't find out until the next morning. The interesting thing about these beings is that they bore some similarity in appearance to Dahami, even wearing the same insignia. I call them football heads, because their heads are shaped kind of like an American football standing on end.

Last edited by Dahami; July 18th, 2012 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Page 49 had only two drawings. There is a rough pencil sketch of a "feline" alien, and a more refined ink drawing of the same being. It looks like perhaps a type of "hybrid". I always thought the drawing looked male, but checking the notes on the side it appears it is meant to represent a female. I recall that I did this one with the witness at a restaurant, probably after one of our MUFON meetings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is one of the most fascinating sketchbooks on this forum. Great read, and interesting work... keep on!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you greymatter.

Page 28 features a depiction of an insectoid looking alien (possibly a Gray in some kind of form-fitting suit) based on a drawing by one of the four abductees from the Allagash case, Jack Weiner. It also includes drawings based on the experiences of abductee and author Kay Wilson, who maintains the Alien Jigsaw website. When I showed her these drawings Kay commented that the "Floating Grandfather" alien's legs were a bit too long as I had drawn them. I guess if you move about almost entirely by levitation, you can let your legs atrophy. Also of note on this page is the featureless head of a "light being" and a depiction of one of Travis Walton's fetus-like abductors, based on Walton's description and his friend Mike Rogers' illustrations.

Reportedly there have been several UFO crash retrievals around the world going back to the 1940s. Leonard Stringfield was one of the most dedicated researchers in this area and compiled descriptions of recovered alien bodies from witnesses. Not all of these beings were necessarily "Grays" of the same sort as seen in UFO abductions, but there are definite similarities. The line up of the three heads, representing a possible form of UFO crash victim, is my tribute to Stringfield's research.

Last edited by Dahami; July 19th, 2012 at 10:37 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Page 27 shows a male and female Nordic alien or extraterrestrial. This drawing is based primarily on the description of Travis Walton and a painting by Mike Rogers. It is interesting to note that these beings actually had tan skin and golden-hazel eyes. They were not the pale skinned, blue eyed beings that some assume all Nordics to be. I do not believe that all Nordics are simply late stage (i.e., more human-looking) hybrids created by the Grays, either. Based on differences in how these beings are described, there may be a number of different types of Nordics. The term "Nordic" relates to the somewhat Scandinavian looking facial features and blond hair that is usually described. These beings could easily pass for human, although Travis Walton did mention that there was something peculiar about the eyes. I have heard other witnesses describe the eyes as "mesmerizing".

For more information on "the Nordics" see my previous posts #213 of October 4, 2011 and #225 of October 9, 2011, both of which appear on page 8 of this sketchbook. I should note that the seam down the center of the suit should be invisible or nearly so. If I color this at some point I may paint it out.

I don't think my human anatomy skills have improved much since this was drawn back in the mid-nineties. I just don't practice with humans that much. Perhaps I should draw more Nordics and late stage hybrids, to balance out the all the Grays and reptoids. I love all of these beings. They are beautiful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Page 18 is a fairly chaotic jumble of illustrations, mainly focusing on the praying mantis type from witness F.K. that I've dealt with in prior posts, and a unique alien species (I've never come across another one quite like it) called a hornet type by the witness (B. H.). To start with I'll just present some of my attempts to get the body and head shape right. When B.H. described an insectoid, specifically a hornet or wasp-like being, I assumed it would be very thin, like a tall Gray, perhaps. In fact, it's body was somewhat broader and thicker than I expected, though it was not necessarily muscular. If I had to place it, it is more "Gray" in build than reptilian, and not as slender as descriptions of praying mantis types. The color is shiny, jet black. As I recall, B.H. had one of these exceptionally tall beings standing at the end of his bed one night. It didn't feel particularly friendly. Of course, one can always ask if this had more to do with a hypnopompic dream, or a more common type of alien that was "screening" itself in his mind, but B.H. did not have this impression. It is what it is.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's the original sketch of the hornet type alien by the witness, and my first interpretation, in colored pencil and ink, which was too ant-like. The eyes should be slightly tilted inward toward the bottom, rather than perfectly up-and-down vertical. Although initially described as wasp-like, the mouth may have been a simple horizontal slit. These beings were shiny black in color, but even so the eyes and mouth were fairly distinct.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The illustration of the roughly vertical, elongated "football" shaped eyes of the hornet aliens reminded me of an illustration from another, more famous case. One of the illustrations from the Judy Doraty/Cindy Tindle abduction case depicted a being with similar eyes. Incidentally, that was a case that seemed to suggest a connection between the UFO abduction and cattle mutilation phenomena, and Velocity Kendall, I will get back to you on the subject of animal mutilations.

Anyhow, I drew these for reference, probably using notes from John Carpenter's slide presentation on multiple participant abductions in which the original drawing was shown. The case is also covered extensively in Linda Moulton Howe's book Glimpses of Other Realities: Volume I, although I don't think this particular drawing is included. It is unclear to me whether this is what the eye actually looked like, however, as other drawings showed a more typical almond or tear-drop shaped eye, in which only the iris and pupil had this vertical eliptical or "football" shape. Of course, it seems that there was more than one type of small alien seen in that case.

Last edited by Dahami; July 20th, 2012 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Still working through page 18. This is a collection of drawings I did of the hornet type alien after my initial interview with the witness, but before going back to him for corrections. I've drawn these with a slender body, like a Gray, and I experimented with both a webbed hand and an unwebbed hand with thin fingers. B.H. didn't report seeing the hands, so it's pure speculation as to what they might have looked like. I now know that the slender build was not accurate either. In any case, I had fun with these.

This was kind of the "concept design" stage of building an alien for which I had limited descriptive detail or witness sketches to work with, and the process required me to pull ideas from reports of other alien types that could, in principle, have been similar. It's kind of like how a paleoartist might build a picture of a dinosaur from a few fossil bones and knowledge of the anatomy of related dinosaur species. Ultimately, when one has limited information, it is important to seek more time with the witness. Very often an abductee will have had multiple encounters with any particular type of alien that they have seen and, over time, it's possible to build a reasonably accurate (or at least consistent and detailed) picture of what that species looks like.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    To wrap up with these hornet type beings, B.H. told me about a vision in which he saw several of these creatures sitting around a long oval table. He also drew me a diagram of the "creative force" in the universe, and this is based on an unending conflict between positive and negative intelligent forces. The more highly developed negative forces manipulate lower level forces. For example, nonphysical beings, interdimensional beings and technologically advanced extraterrestrials will manipulate human and animal life. This manipulation can involve temptation, coercion, or simple meddling and experimentation, depending on the nature of the interaction. But wherever lower level positive forces (such as humans and animals) are present, higher level positive forces (akin to angels and benevolent extraterrestrials) will step in to protect them and attempt to free them from the manipulation of the negative forces. I think B.H. viewed his contact experiences in terms of a struggle for his soul between positively and negatively oriented beings. Of course, I think this model breaks down when one asks how rocks and dust (i.e., level 1 forces) or simple animals (i.e., level 2 forces) can be spiritually positive or negative, light or dark, good or evil in their orientation. Regardless of the limitations of the model, I appreciate the insights it provides into the possible reasons for contact with alien beings. The experiencers of this phenomenon are my teachers.

The quick sketch of the hornets sitting around the table was done by the witness. Interestingly, he mentioned seeing semi-transparent insect wings on these beings. Does this suggest "screening", or was it an actual feature of their anatomy? I have come across other people who remember seeing beings with odd wings like this, but it is typically in visions or past life recall, or other scenarios that are hard to place, rather than memories of physical experiences in this life. Perhaps we are looking at life forms that reside in some "other dimension" of reality, and don't follow the same rules as creatures in our dense, physical world? I just defer to the experiencers and describe/depict what they report. Genuine understanding of the nature of these experience may have to wait for future generations.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is a possible way of looking at it...

Think of a "tainted" rock, or "evil" tree, where you feel negative energy flowing through. For example a higher level (3rd level) negative human being performs some kind of black magic or human sacrifice on a piece of stone, so the stone becomes "evil" or "cursed" and thus a negative 1st level "being".

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    skishyish - That makes me think of the tree/cave on Dagobah in Star Wars: The Empire Stikes Back where Luke confronts Darth Vader and discovers his own face behind Vader's mask. Apparently, that site was touched by the dark side, and Luke could feel it. Maybe this ties in with the idea of residue hauntings and psychometry, whereby a psychic can divine an object's past. Perhaps...

Page 5 consisted mostly of my drawings of the fetus-like humanoids that Travis Walton saw, for which I used Mike Rogers' painting as reference. There are also speculations on neoteny (heterochrony) in the notes, and some images associated with the visitors' hybridization program. The small Gray with the device in its mouth was based on an image shown on the Joan Rivers show when she had Dr. David M. Jacobs on as a guest. I think the original version was drawn by abductee Rusty Hudson, who made a number of TV appearances in the early nineties. I've also seen an image by Jeff Westover showing a being with a similar object in its mouth, and another at Kay Wilson's website. The function of such devices is unknown.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, that was the idea that I had, Dagobah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Page 3 has illustrations based on many cases, including the Doraty case, the case of Ed and Frances Walters (Gulf Breeze), which involved a small shielded being (a similar image was drawn by abductee John Velez), the Andreasson Luca case (art inspired by the book The Watchers by Raymond Fowler), an eye with a diamond-shaped pupil based on an encounter described by Ellen Crystal in her book Silent Invasion, a "phosphene image" of an alien with a heart shaped head that someone I met had seen and thought might be related to some form of contact, an image of a Gray looking up at a man that he saw for a split second during meditation, an image of a Gray stepping out of a portal in midair, which appeared as a shimmering patch of blurry heat wave type distortion (this incident was related second hand on the Laura Lee radio show). Also a couple early reptilian drawings, and a drawing of flying saucers showing their extreme maneuverability. Near the center of the page is a drawing inspired by the case of Rosemary Osnato, a graphic artist who was abducted from a rooftop in New York back in the seventies - based on the drawing that appears in Budd Hopkins' book Intruders.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A couple alien faces from page 6 and a full body from page 7. These drawings are based on the Gray alien as it was portrayed in the CBS miniseries Intruders that aired in 1992. The miniseries was loosely based on Budd Hopkins' book of the same title, and also drew from Dr. John Mack's story. If you do a search online for a photo of a Gray alien, one of the images that always seems to come up is actually the upper body and head, or often just the face, of an alien model that was made for Intruders. It was one of the most accurate fictional depictions of a Gray that has yet been seen, in terms of being close to what many UFO abductees describe. The artists who designed it resisted the temptation to exaggerate its musculature or facial features to make it seem more menacing, which is what often happens when Hollywood deals with the alien abduction subject. Instead, they went for the slim, willowy body, slit mouth, pin prick nostrils, liquidy black almond-shaped eyes, and large rounded cranium that is commonly described for many of the tall Grays.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Page 33 of A Visual Guide to Alien Beings.

What does Dahami look like? These drawings, inspired by Garnette's drawing and description, establish his approximate appearance, but I think he is a little too pot-bellied here. When Garnette first described Estartleah and Dahami to investigators, they assumed that Estartleah was a female hybrid and Dahami a small Gray, because Dahami is short, bald, and has large eyes, which appear dark when he wears his protective lenses, and not all investigators are looking for new types of aliens, or expecting to find them. I think there is a tendency among some investigators to try to minimize the importance of the diversity of reported alien types, to overlook visual details, and instead simply focus on what the aliens are doing.

Dr. David M. Jacobs has suggested that much of the diversity would disappear if hypnosis was competently applied in each case. It is true that conscious recall is not always accurate, because of both externally imposed screen memories and the way the mind can trick itself. Also, the phenomenon of alien contact/abduction might appear simpler and more understandable if there was less variability in the appearance of reported aliens. But I believe that if investigators take the time to question abductees about visual details, taking care not to lead people (i.e., by suggesting specific features), they will continue to find much diversity, and it will be harder to argue that there are only a handful of alien species interacting with us, or that all of these beings necessarily have the same agenda.

Also on this page is a member of the "Council of Seven" that Garnette saw while on the space colony. These beings were tall and gaunt, and like Estartleah and Dahami, they glowed from within. Perhaps the most striking thing about them was that their hair seemed to stream upwards continually, as if alive with electricity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Between the written introduction and the numbered pages in A Visual Guide to Alien Beings there was a colored image of a reptilian (the only interior page that was printed in color), which appears in my post#111 of November 22, 2009 on page 4 of this sketchbook. There were also two unnumbered black and white pages. The first was a collection of alien heads, which you can see in post #209 from October 3, 2011 on page 7 of this sketchbook. The second was this cover concept, which was potentially intended for use as the cover of the 1995 MUFON Symposium Proceedings. Ultimately my friend Bob Fairfax designed the cover's layout, although he did use three alien images I contributed and we both signed the finished artwork. I think this design was too "metaphysical" given the scientific theme of the symposium.

Lined up at the top of the image are five alien faces: a stocky blue, a female hybrid, a Gray, a praying mantis type, and a reptilian. Immediately below them is an image of a "gelatinous light-being" with tendrils used to absorb energy. This was based on a channeled drawing by a friend of mine who had apparently been abducted by these beings. After her physical experience, which involved a UFO sighting and missing time while driving on the freeway at night, she established a link with them that allowed her to do a drawing. She described that, in front of her eyes, the lines appeared on the paper and she simply traced over them. The result was what seemed to be a stylized image of a unique kind of alien being that I have not come across before or since, although I have noticed a pattern with people who "channel" drawings in this way, and the drawings do often bear a similar colorful, stylized appearance.

There is also an image representing a "ball of light" such as the ones abductees sometimes see flying through their homes, a crop circle, the Milky Way galaxy, and Earth with four different types of alien craft hovering around it. At the bottom of the image is a drawing of a space colony, based on my friend Garnette's account.

I think the overall message of the image is that we're not alone in the galaxy, and there is an interest in events on Earth by beings from other worlds -- beings whose technology and knowledge of the universe is obviously superior to our own.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow,man,you really got the carzy idea!!impressiveDahami's Reptoids and AliensDahami's Reptoids and AliensDahami's Reptoids and AliensDahami's Reptoids and Aliens

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    From page 6, this drawing was inspired by portrayals of the abductors from the Barney and Betty Hill case. Note that these beings were not "Grays" as we've come to know them. The aliens the Hills saw were more humanoid, with a more humanish build and proportions, and the eyes apparently had sclera ("white"), iris and pupil, instead of being solid black or mostly black, like the eyes of "Grays".

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's funny how from the Barney and Betty Hill case came all the mythology of Grays and Zeta Reticulum, when in fact that case has nothing to do with "classic" Grays. And yet, all around the internet, the Grays are known as "Zetas". A lot of people claim that they themselves have claimed to come from Zeta Reticulum.

Saying that they come from Zeta Reticulum seems to be the 21st century version of "we come from heaven"... It's sort of like them using our mythology since we can't understand anyway who or what they are.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    skishyish - The identification of Zeta Reticuli (the traditional name for the binary system in question) as the home system of the Hills' abductors is based on Marjorie Fish's interpretation of the star map that Betty Hill saw. Subsequent to the publication of Fish's work, other cases have come to light in which the aliens have identified Zeta Reticuli as their place of origin. In the William Herrmann case of 1978 the abductors claimed that they came from the constellation of Reticulum, but they did not look quite like the Grays that have been described since the mid-eighties. In the case of Kim Carlsberg, from the late eighties and early nineties, the aliens literally spelled out "Zeta Reticulum" for her (see p. 64 of Beyond My Wildest Dreams). I seem to remember reading about another case in Europe, involving traditional "Grays", and I'm sure there are others in the literature. Unfortunately, there is no way to establish definitively that abduction experiences or reports subsequent to the publication of the Fish interprestation of the Betty Hill star map haven't been influenced by it. Certainly, people could have picked up on it subconsciously through the media, or the aliens themselves could be the ones perpetuating the myth of a connection to Zeta Reticuli, perhaps because it is simply a convenient ruse for them. We can call it a myth, but that doesn't rule out the possibility of it being true, and who's to say that Zeta Reticuli hosts only one humanoid race? It is a binary system after all, and then when one considers the possibility of parallel timelines, other dimensions, etc... Basically, I think it's healthy to stay on the fence.

Page 16 of A Visual Guide to Alien Beings chronicles my attempts to figure out what stocky blue aliens look like, based on reading Whitley Strieber's description, watching the movie Communion, and consulting with four women who had reported seeing this type.

Also, there is another type of blue alien that has some features of the Pillsbury Doughboy and the Michelin Man. It was much smoother featured than the Strieber type stocky blues, which are said to have numerous furrows of skin, as if the skin is "doubled up". It was based on a single report though, and I haven't come across another one since that is exactly like it. It was seen dancing in a dream. To this day I'm unclear if the encounters with this being were dreams or memories of physical events. They could have been astral events for all I know.

I've also speculated on the appearance of the blue-gray "sphincter mouth" type entity that a friend of mine saw looking over him in the middle of the night (see my post #221 of October 5, 2011 on page 8 of this sketchbook, page 13 of A Visual Guide to Alien Beings). This being had dwarf-like five-fingered hands.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    From page 53 we have an eyewitness sketch of a creature resembling a hairless "rubbery white monkey" with big round black eyes and a round hole for a mouth, and my interpretation alongside. It bears a slight resemblance to creatures described in Raymond Fowler's books on the Andreasson case, which were grown for their eyes, but those creatures had eyes on stalks. I don't know the function of these "white monkeys".

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man keep up the good work ,join me and lets talk and practice some art man,looking forward to it.

Caribbean 3d Junkie..respect to God
    He in one blood he and Eye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You made a good analysis of the possibilities there Dahami...

another one might be as follows: Marjorie Fish might have just had a lucky "psychic guess"...maybe the dots on the drawing mean nothing, but just like one might divine future from the clouds or flocks of birds or other random patterns, perhaps she was influenced in her analysis of the starmap to find the correct star system by synchronicity.

In either case, there is some type of a feedback loop in this alien abduction phenomenon. My guess is that we as humans are not able to perceive them until we are injected with the right concept in our collective unconscious.

I do believe that what you are drawing is literal reality on some level, but I think their "literal" reality and our literal reality don't mix until we "believe" in their reality. This is like the gateway between worlds and universes: belief and expectation. It's like their machines don't work well here until a mass of humans expect them to show up

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 924 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The way you explore character development is true to what it means to be a concept artist.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Aryeh - Thank you. There is a reason I was attracted to ConceptArt.org. If I look back into my youth, Ralph McQuarrie and Syd Mead had a lot to do with it. Science fiction concept art, where the artist goes for a somewhat realistic style, is probably my favorite genre of art. I see what I do as a cross between concept design, scientific illustration, and forensic reconstruction. Trying to nail down the look of one of these alien beings, such as the little blue guys, is a process very much like character development. The people who ultimately have to approve my work are the witnesses reporting the encounter.

"I do believe that what you are drawing is literal reality on some level, but I think their "literal" reality and our literal reality don't mix until we "believe" in their reality. This is like the gateway between worlds and universes: belief and expectation. It's like their machines don't work well here until a mass of humans expect them to show up." - skishyish

I've heard this theory before. I think it is metaphorically true, but not literally true. So here's some speculation for you... Perhaps it is not that refusal to believe in them creates some kind of dimensional barrier they can't penetrate, but rather that they are waiting until more of humankind is ready to accept them. They are waiting for a shift in consciousness, so that they can enter our world without creating too much disruption in the human mind, and without getting shot at. There is some authority, some set of rules that they are compelled to obey, which are enforced by whoever has jurisdiction over the Earth. In the Skye Ambrose case, the aliens told her they were caretakers of the Earth, so perhaps there are levels of beings with different assigned tasks and functions, and any traffic coming in from the galaxy has to abide by the regulations established by the local authorities. Predators can only hunt with a license, and only during hunting season. (That last remark was a joke, btw.)

Of course, I don't think they are just passively waiting for humanity to wake up to their presence. All the sightings, visitations and other activity suggest an active interest in bringing about more awareness and acceptance of their reality, but in a way that doesn't cause shock, or threaten our sense of sovereignty. Humans are very touchy, after all. Again, I'm just speculating, looking for an explanation consistent with how the phenomenon behaves, and these are by no means original ideas.

So, I'm working on additional gradations of color for Ruby. Currently trying to add more yellow, while still keeping the overall color scheme consistent with "charcoal green-gray" and "dark alligator colors" which are the words the witness use to describe it, but there were lighter areas with more yellow mixed in, and finding the balance is tricky.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, that's possible too.

Well, time will tell. I hope one day whatever is behind this phenomenon will reveal itself to us more clearly. For now all we have are stories, and drawings, and theories.

By the way. Good work on that Ruby. Don't forget the blue "make up" on the eyes she had.

It would be interesting if the eyes could have a little bit more texture of some sort.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 36