Interior Design! Kind of.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Interior Design! Kind of.

Alright, so I'm 16. I never got into the whole chicks with bikinis posters in my room thing, so my walls are pretty bland besides a picture I got spray-painted by some guy in a glass box. That guy rocked.

So anyway. Today in Art 2, there was a magazine sitting at my table like there sometimes is. So I was flipping through Wallpaper* when I found a thick section of posters. I asked my teacher if I could have them:
    "Hey, can I have these posters? This issue is almost a year old and nobody's taken them, plus you can't open them for inspiration without ripping them out, soooo..."
    And she replies:
    "You don't need a reason to take free posters. They're yours,"

Sweet, so now I have five 34x44(approx.) black and white abstract photography posters.

Apparently some dude named Hedi Slimane took the photos.
    At the top of the posters it reads:
    Wallpaper*
    HEDI SLIMANE

Now seeing as I have like no homework this year, I figured I had time for this. I'm going to cut off the Wallpaper*/Hedi Slimane part so I just have the photo. Then I'm going to put the posters up on my walls using sticky tack behind them.
    Then I was thinking about taking the Wallpaper* parts and putting them all running vertical, parallel to each other, on this thin wall in my room.

But I don't know what to do with the Hedi Slimane sections. I have 5 of them, so I was wondering if I could cut out the letters and spell something.
    Any thoughts, please?

Also, is anyone else into doing cool decorating/interior stuff? I was never into it because I was like "Interior design? GAY!" but now I see how creative you can be with it and it doesn't have to involve the usual stuff. One time I put a plastic goat and hippo on my wall using sticky tack. XD

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a side note that sticky tack is pretty vile stuff. It doesn't take long for it to break down and leave oil marks on walls and paper. It's impossible to remove completely and will take chunks of drywall with it.

(My parents cursed my name when they had to re-do my bedroom walls...hahaha.)

Strangely enough, good ol' "Magic" scotch tape looked way more seemless and was a lot easier to remove over time (by comparison, anyway...it's all gonna suck a little bit).

On the visual part...can't tell you anything without seeing the art or the room. Post photos if ya can.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirana View Post
    Just a side note that sticky tack is pretty vile stuff. It doesn't take long for it to break down and leave oil marks on walls and paper. It's impossible to remove completely and will take chunks of drywall with it.
    That's odd. The sticky tack I use comes off fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think creative people tend to wear a lot of hats. If you think you can do cool shit with your room then go for it. I'm moving into a new place tomorrow and can't wait to get the new house looking really nice, get some artwork up, and some kickass furnature chairs, decorations etc.
    Anyway, yeah if you are interested in doing that then go for it. despite what TV makes us all think, all interior designers arent gay, and even less than that are who simply like dabbling in a little reorganizing of their room.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I never had any problems with bluetack on walls (if the paint is real paint, bluetack+ primer paint=stains) and I put small squares of scotch tape on the back corners of my posters to avoid the bluetack staining them. But our advice is no good, you have to experiment for yourself. Try stuff, fail, try different stuff, learn.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I vote against blue tack stuff too. "magic tape" from 3M, with the blue core center is what I used. It's also what animators use to hold their papers together or on a desk, etc.
    I'm really curious about these posters though. More pics! (btw, Hedi Slimane's website)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got the scary warning about what sticky tack can do to painted walls overtime. So just be careful with that!! Maybe the scotch tape would do! Like that "near transparent" kind that's oddly foggy looking.

My best friend decorated my room all awesome--beads on bulletin boards, pictures taped up on various angles and different sizes...Christmas stocking, pet rock, etc. Really awesome stuff you can do with any junk you never seem to use!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.