I am promoting a great Portrait Painting Workshop in New York City with my favorite teacher Samuel Kudish, 81 years old guy from Russia. Both me and my husband (who is a professonal artist and professor at the Corcoran in DC www.johnfrancismurray.com) will be taking this workshop as well. I have studied with Sam for the last 5 years in NYC before going to the Repin Academy in St. Petersburg Russia for one year of studies.The dates are September 17 - 22, (5 days intensive, 4 hours per day), cost very reasonable $350 plus model fee. You can get more information at www.academicart.com and see Sam's own academic work at www.academicart.com/kudish.htm

Sam is my mentor, he has that great Russian academic tradition behind him, but also very much rooted in the Renaissance, since his specific training was in monumental arts, frescoes and mosaics. I know you'd get tonns of good information from him, which you can use every day, and I speak from my own experience. And he is extremely inspiring, he really cares. If you want to see some of my work (and most of it done Sam's guidance) visit www.academicart.com/lenawork.htm If some of you just want to draw, and not paint, that's fine too. Sam is an incredible draftsman. Here is a link to his very quick portrait sketches done in the 40s http://www.academicart.com/portraits.htm