Like there aren't enough sirens round here already

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Like there aren't enough sirens round here already

Hey everybody,

So, for me this picture looks finished, but i tend to think that too easily of my stuff. That's why i'm asking you people here whether the thing looks presentable (like ready for the FF section or say, Epilogue) or whether there are things that still need work on them.

S.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Always room for more if they look this good .

I like the atmosphere a lot in this piece, the 2 sirens on the right look very nice, a bit alien and strange, I love that.
    Some parts on these 2 sirens could still use some more modeling and maybe a little refinement like on the front figure the arms, hands (they are nice already, but the fingers are a bit too uniform and the anatomy could be clearer) and back and also the face a bit. Her tail is very nice, great texture and I like how some parts are crisp but other parts blend in a bit in the shadow, like her fins.

The one on the left feels a bit unfinished, the face could use some work and I'm also not sure if it's a male of female.

For epiloque, they might want a higher level of finish (crisper) (?), and while that might make the image even better, I think this one has a very nice soft, dreamy atmosphere going on that may (or may not) get lost if you make things sharper and blend more.

Last edited by NightVision; September 5th, 2008 at 08:57 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NightVision For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you could push this further. NightVision made some great suggestions and he's right. You need some harder brushes in the foreground. Also need more of a background. This looks more like a pool than an ocean. Think further. Where are fish, sunken ships, plants, pirates? What are the mermaids doing there? They are generally known as seductresses, who are their victims? How are these mermaids related to eachother, are they doing something together or are these individuals put together?

There's also a distracting tangent formed by the tail of the mermaid on the bottom and the mermaid on the left, kinda making the viewer wonder whose tail it is.

This looks very nice, and if you polish this further it would be awesome. I'm curious to see what you do with the crits and/or if you'll update.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Cookiedough,

I've taken your comments onto account and decided to shake up the picture a little. You were right about there not being much narrative to the picture,so i've changed some things i thought i was ready with. Technically it's a work in progress now, but i'd like the comments to stay in the same place. It's busier than i'd like right now, but it's a tentative thought. Any ideas?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is looking more interesting already and good to see you go back to incorporate ideas and push it more, even redoing things you wanted to keep at first. Keep going, can't wait for the next update.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

WOW Drastic Change

I love what you did to this pic. I thought the original would look awesome. But, then I saw the updated version. I like this updated version so much more. It has a great feeling to it. I don't know how to describe it.. Im just an immigrant. BUt yeah. I can't wait to see this as a final piece.

Keep on rockin.

Live life, Live love, Love life, then die -- SaiVix

I would really love some honest critiques and improvements suggestions

Renewed Study - I'm drawing again!!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=133377

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.