A good resource for rendering reflective objects?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A good resource for rendering reflective objects?

Hi,

I know there's a method to the madness when it comes to curvaceous and reflective objects, and it's something I partially understand already (though I know I've got a long way to go).

So I'd like to try to find a book or comprehensive guide on the web to the theories involved in the bent/reflectied light on metals and other similar surfaces.

I checked on Amazon and was surprised to have found nothing! (Perhaps I didn't look well enough?) I would have expected perhaps a resource for industrial designers or something...

I'm aware that observational drawing and maybe rendering shiny objects in 3D might also help, but I'm looking for some hard theory right now.

So, any recommendations?
    Thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmm.
    You might have an easier time searching for Physics and combing through for information on Light Reflection you might find relevant to Art. You can generally find distorted reflection theory by specifying "Convex Mirror", "Concave Mirror" and (if your feeling kinky) "Diffuse Reflection" in your local google search. Non-distorted reflection theory tends to be associated with "Plane Mirror".

Oftentimes the information is presented in a text-book fashion, but occasionally you'll stumble across the odd website that utilizes a more visual learning style us artistic types tend to absorb best.

Last edited by Zilant; September 3rd, 2008 at 07:29 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.