Conceptart.org Atelier portfolio quality question!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post Conceptart.org Atelier portfolio quality question!

well... here's the deal.. I'm 22 and have the means to attend this school if i were to get in , Im just worried Im not at the level of a person they would accept...

stumbling apon rumors of the school being tiny with only 10 child prodigy's learning from the best , so well id like to know if any of you are attending the school or if u could crit these few pieces of art i have and tell me if i have any chance of getting accepted , the conan guy i painted today.. had real trouble with the head.. so yes its unfinished at the moment.. as is all of my stuff really i have real trouble finishing anything.. i usually reach a point and after that the picture goes down hill and eventually gets unsalvagable and i toss it.. i have a feeling they want crazy good artists even tho its a school for learning how to be crazy good in the first place.. but hey just take a look and tell me what i want ( or dont ) wana hear

oh a little background about me.. I'm 22 and have been drawing alot for maybe 1 year and a couple months with a couple breaks in between, totally self taught except for a life drawing class at the local community college here in berkeley 2 semesters ago.. works been getting in the way always too tired to concentrate on drawing, after a year of my shitty job i realize how much its going to suck not doing something I at least enjoy for a living .. I'm sure it'll be tuff but I'm also sure it'll be worth it

thanks for reading

( the conan lookin dude i did today no refs & the other guy i did in class a while ago when we had an old dude as a model then i added the helmet and peggy for fun .. then painted it a few weeks later in painter.. also a 2 lil doodles on a paper bag one of a guy eating a burger at my the shitty place i call my job ) that's about all i have in digital form that's any good at the moment

Attached Images Attached Images            
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im not an atelier student or anything, though I plan on applying a little later on down the road, but I think that before you should think about submitting a portfolio anywhere at all, you will want to produce some work that demonstrates commitment to your craft. What we've got here are "doodles", as you said, and thats not a lot to go off of.

You might consider going to a another program to get a more solid understanding of the basics before setting your sights on such a selective atelier. My understanding is that a more solid showing of representational work will do you some good in applying to this (or any) program.

Good Luck!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.