Digital Watercolor on a regular layer....

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Red face Digital Watercolor on a regular layer....

Hi.. i have been using Painter for some time now... (upgraded to painter X).. Digital Watercolor is my tool.. now.. when i paint on a regular layer, colors react in a diferent way than when i paint on the canvas (they blend in a diferent way... opacity behaves diferent.. same for hues.. etc). Is there a way to change this? is it just me or someone else is having this same problem??? thnx in advance!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Not sure since I don't use the Corel made Painter's but Digital Watercolors were made so that they only worked on canvas maybe that's still the way even if you can now paint with them on layers too.

Thanks
    Did you try to dry layer with watercolour? Watercolour is a pretty wet technique, you know? To do that, select Layer -> Dry Digital Watercolour Layer, or press Ctrl+Shift+L

EDIT:

Portus, that's not true, I could paint on other layers than Canvas one - checked now

Thanks
    Tonic: already tried that. the problem is that once you dry the digital whatercolor, you ar stuck with what is already painted. for example.. you have a dark color as base (dry) you paint over it with.. lets say, orange. You get something similar to a multiply mode, it gets darker. I gess that maybe they kept the original whatercolor thingy... so you can only paint propely on the canvas. Thing is that i read somewhere that you can use layers.. just like the canvas. Dunno if thats true. Anyway. thnx for the reply. both of you

Thanks
    Hi there:

Maybe try changing the composite method on the layer with digital watercolor? When you paint on a layer with digital watercolor, it uses Gel as the default. Try playing with the different methods.

If you launch the Help and click on the 'Layers' chapter. In the Layers chapter, choose 'Editing Layers' and then choose 'Blending layers by Using Composite Methods'. Here you'll find descriptions of the different composite methods.

Hope this helps...

Thanks
    I have that problem not,but set your watercolor layer up normal.
    you have different styles,
    Gavobe

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimporello View Post
    Hi.. i have been using Painter for some time now... (upgraded to painter X).. Digital Watercolor is my tool.. now.. when i paint on a regular layer, colors react in a diferent way than when i paint on the canvas (they blend in a diferent way... opacity behaves diferent.. same for hues.. etc). Is there a way to change this? is it just me or someone else is having this same problem??? thnx in advance!!
    I personally haven't had this problem, unless you're not asking it to "Pick up underlying color" Also there is a patch for Painter X please make sure you have it patched. http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...d=120767640357

Which version of painter were you using before X?

Thanks
    I'm lost now, could you post a screenshot? Press Prt Sc and then control+v to paste the image on MSPaint incase you don't have a screenshot program.

Thanks
    It might help to read John Derry's Visual Guide to Digital Watercolor. Though it was written for Corel Painter 8, it should still be very helpful for following Painter versions.

Corel Painter 8 Digital Water Color Visual Guide

#

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.