Art: TMNT Roman Croc
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: TMNT Roman Croc

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

TMNT Roman Croc

"Little known to most historians - Vespasian used a Cohorde of Crocodiles in the VI Legion. The Crocs were much feared fighters - but were impossible to get up in the morning during the winter of '39 when the Emperor sent the unit to the northern part of the Empire."

3" High - Super Sculpey Firm with Green stuff and Brown stuff. Another figure I just had to make.

The result here is shown without teeth - as I am currently doing a mould of all the pieces. The length and angle of the arm is not finalized.
    Rings for carrying the Gladius-scabbard will be added soon.

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Last edited by Aseyngel; August 31st, 2008 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Impire is spelled with an "E"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

maddmaestro is offline conqueror of small fruit and large vegetables Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work, once again my friend. Am I sensing a re-occuring theme with the crocdiles? lol. Keep up the good work...can't wait to see where you cast this character next. How about crocodile in space?

Maddmaestro

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like it. Mainly I have liked a lot the armor. Are the green details made in epoxy putty? Milliput or DURO?

KingUnicorn is offline Between the world of the seen and unseen... Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I remember back in the far reaches of the past a time when there was a TMNT RPG that provided a lot of flexibility playing mutant creatures. This seems to have been crafted in the same spirit.

Your use of green stuff in the detailing really paid off here. I'm preparing to switch out Apoxie Sculpt for it in my next few pieces for a comparison of applications. You've shown here that the combination can work with solid results.

The Lorica Segmenta armor, the helm, the sword scabbard are all terrific. I especially love the little Egyptian touches you've added. Is that a subtle hint to the origins of this beast?

~KU

... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks all of you!

MADDMAESTRO: I promise I will cut down on my amount of crocodiles and do some real sculpts very soon (*slightly mad laughter*).

MARIAHC: The Green stuff is "Green stuff" from Games Workshop - I believe it is a kind of epoxy putty. After starting this fellow, I bought some Brown stuff - probably the same - but it stays in the shape you put it in, instead of the green stuff being slighly rubbery in the structure.
    Anyway - both products can be removed after putting it on, if you decide the result is nothing like what you expected. I dont feel you can get the same results with Super Sculpey Firm (but of course other people in this forum can ;-)

KINGUNICORN: YES! - finally some old fart who remember "TMNT - and other strangeness" - I feared I was the last one alive.... I have a long list of mutated animals I just have to produce.
    One experience from this project was to put on a strip of Stuff - letting it harden for an hour or two - and then cutting the shape and doing the final work.
    Thanks for noticing the egyptian symbols, - I will still add the carrying rings for the scabbard - but I intend to do the mould first - and ad the rings after doing the copies.

Green stuff: http://uk.games-workshop.com/convers...reen-stuff/12/
    Brown stuff: http://shop.whitedragon.dk/product.a...t=8826&sub=778

maddmaestro is offline conqueror of small fruit and large vegetables Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wasn't telling you to stop making the crocodiles. I want to see more...croc in space!!!!mwahahahhahaha. King Unicorn, the crocodile was actually a character from both the comics and cartoon, originally a villain, I believe he wound up becoming friends with the turtles. I'll be darned if i can remember his name, but he had a Louisiana accent, and seemed like a bayou bumpkin. So Aseyngel's interpretations are a bit different, but definitely cool!!

Maddmaestro

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh I see! But I will be cutting down on the Crocs - it is getting routine now. The things I wanted to try in this experiment was the use of Brown/Green stuff for future projects. You might know the feeling: There is a lot of sculpting skills I need to practice, and so little time....Maybe its time to quit my dayjob? ;-)
    I am sorry to say I am not familiar with the actual croc from the series. This fellow is based on my dear brothers character as played in the RPG for the last 10 years (well, we dont play that often).
    Your mad laughter is better than mine ;-(

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aah i love this! really makes me smile. as above, love the egyptian touches!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've done it again, love it! And I don't mind your crocs, cus they're so darn good!! ^^

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fruitdot For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.