Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts

The I-Had-An-Awesome-Day Thread

Because every day can be awesome if you want it to be.

Today I saw a good friend who I haven't seen in a year and we hung out, and it was awesome.

Today I went and trolled art books stores and drooled at all the pretty and saw some of your guys work in Spectrum and other things, and it was awesome.

Today it was bright and warm and sunny and I had frozen lemonade and hung out with my sister who had a milk shake, and it was awesome.

I want to hear about why your day was awesome too!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I took people out on a tour of the town tonight, and they enjoyed themselves. They were nice people and I enjoyed their company; my new partner-in-crime did a good job.

What I'm proud of right now is that I did a good job, too! I've been doing this so long that it's too easy to do it on automatic pilot. Tonight, I did it the best I've done in a while. The other people won't know,- but I do (and it feels really good!)

Thanks
    Today I found a bunch of old school batman cartoons on YouTube and I spent all morning watching them. Yaay!

Thanks
    I went driving to the mountains to go hiking, but I got lost and couldn't find a trail/hiking spot. I did see alot of neat houses instead though and ALOT of Quail, that was awesome. especially since I didn't drive over one, they really need quail crossing signs up there.
    Last edited by Mr_S_14; September 1st, 2008 at 03:12 PM. Reason: More awesomeness

Thanks

Thumbs up

I visited some family members, and we planned things for the future, all was nice and we where happy together.
    I felt the sun on my face, while the wind was blowing, it created a nice feeling of freshness and warmth, while i was looking at the blue sky, and the fields, even the highway looked nice, a beautyfull day.
    I ate some chicken sandwiches while i was hungry, what a joy
    I could work a bit, i was tired, it was hard, but in the end i felt that i used the time pretty well, i finished a bit of important work, it felt good to know that i was advancing in my work and i used my time wisely.
    I could take a nap, i was very tired so it felt really resfreshing to let my muscles and bones rest for a while, i could rest in peace
    I end my day tired, but happy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    I found out what RiffTrax is.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    I had a relaxing day at home, started playing bioshock (the environments in bioshock are AMAZING!), and am going for a late night (8:30pm) coffee run with my girlfriend. When i return, probably more bioshock, possibly some art, and team fortress 2. The weekends are always good.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Thanks
    I bought a few shirts, watched some Fawlty Towers, and drew!

Not to mention I recently discovered that Slipknot and Disturbed have released new albums

Thanks
    Thanked 1,271 Times in 919 Posts
    Not as much an awesome day as it was an awesome week for me.
    Spent time with my boyfriend, got a new drawing pencil, new headphones, made a bunch of sketches i'm proud of, and found a sketchbook from years and years ago with not a thing drawn on it. SCORE.
    Also. Actually about to complete a picture in photoshop. I've never done something like that before. x_x

Thanks
    I had an awesome day because I realized EXACTLY what I need to do to become a professional. I'm so excited!
    Do you Mentler?

Booting up a new sketchbook.

Thanks
    having a good day till now.. it's sunday, Just got up.. the sun is shining, it's a bit warm, a bit cold, the large window in my sleeping room is letting almost all the light in..
    just lovely..

Thanks
    Today was meh, but Thursday...Thursday was awesome.
    I turned 21 on Thursday. I found out that I don't care for Coronas, but margaritas are very nice, and a shot of tequila is a nice little rush. I went to the Oregon Zoo, and saw elephants, rhinos, tigers, crocodiles, huge sea lions, stick bugs, and animatronic dinosaurs. Everyone and their excited young child also went to the zoo that day, so I got to hear some funny things--"Those eat people!!" (pointing at a monitor lizard). Then I went to Powell's City of Books, which is a bookstore in Portland which takes up an entire city block. There's a whole shelf of books on dinosaurs and paleontology, and an enormous sci-fi fantasy section, easily the biggest I've ever seen. In most libraries and bookstores, it's a short walk down the aisle to go from Clarke to Herbert, but in Powell's those names are several rows apart!
    Then I went to my favorite non-bookstore store in the world, Ikea, and got myself a nice bookshelf, and had a big bowl of pasta for only $2 (Ikea has a great restaurant, at least the one in Portland does). Then, later, we went to a nice Mexican food place, and I had the aforementioned tequila and margarita, and got to laugh with my family as I enjoyed my first real alcohol buzz.
    I got some new books, and eight pound box of Sculpey, watched lots of funny birthday e-cards, talked to family over the phone, and heard what was going on with all my old surfing buddies down in California.
    It was an awesome day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbears View Post
    Today I found a bunch of old school batman cartoons on YouTube and I spent all morning watching them. Yaay!
    The old Filmation cartoons or Batman TAS? The latter would warrant a post in this thread.

But the first one can as well...

Thanks
    Today was awesome cus my architecture project was selected to be built in our studio at 30x18 feet!

Today was awesome cus I drove around listening to AK1200 and MC Navigator.

Today was awesome because I ran into friends at Taco Tote and Taco Tote is always intensely good.

Today was awesome because it means tomorrow I get to go to Austin to have sushi with my best friends!

:]
    Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    today i fixed a friends blog site and made it look pretty.

today i started designing a tattoo for another friend that, once complete, will be exchanged for a car as payment.

today, i ate the most amazing home-made mexicana vegetarian pizza, and it was so delicious and filling that i was reduced to a sleepy, contented, fat person.

today, i get to see the movie i've been waiting to see for almost a year now - Hellboy II!

Thanks
    my day 'll be awsome just for this thread thanks daestwen where would we [I] be without you

yesterday i started (done up to 70 at least) and today i'm still super-happy with it.

i woke up and my hands and ears still work. what is there to be up-happy about?
    (23:41:52) (ArneLurk) I woner of there are people who have hairy penises

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGump View Post
    The old Filmation cartoons or Batman TAS? The latter would warrant a post in this thread.

But the first one can as well...
    Batman: TAS! Here's my favourite episode... I love the scarecrow.

Part 1 - the youtube thinger isnt working for this one.

and part two

Thanks
    Got an actual bed today
    hung out with some awesomely awesome classmates in the new apartment,
    went to ikea for the first time... mmm

Thanks
    Today, I got up and had breakfast.
    That's pretty fucking awesome right there.

Thanks
    This weekend I went to a 3 days (2 nights) outdoor electronic music festival. I don't do that so often anymore (once a year)
    I saw friends I hadn't seen for years.
    I swam in a river at the bottom of some falls and sat on rocks in the sun.
    I ate jamaican patties.
    I danced lots.
    I got lots of hugs.
    My diaphragm hurts from laughing too much.

Thanks
    I sketched today (and a couple days ago)! This is great because I would go a few weeks without sketching these past months! Wow...I see progress in my gesture drawings!!

I also know that we're having chicken for supper today!! Wheeee!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I love Sundays. On Sundays we get free dvds, and often music cds.
    Thanks to Sundays and the papers I have some dvds I like, a HUGE collection of all kinds of music.... and the crappier of the dvds make DARN fine frisbees!

Thanks
    I woke up today and had bacon and mushroom eggs. Abso-fucking-lutely fantastic.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Thanks for all the replies, guys, I like reading them. (And I hope you like writing them!)

As for my day, today:

My best friend came back from his trip and we are hanging out and it is awesome.

My dad made home-made peach ice cream and it was delicious and awesome.

I am now going to lay back and watch lots of terrible japanese soap opera-y shows (Live action Hana Yori Dango, anyone?) and it's going to be awesome.

Thanks
    I've finished unpacking after moving to downtown Toronto in order to be closer to my school. I also bought a drafting/drawing table after longing one for years. It has been a great few days for me; downtown is certainly more lively than suburbia.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbears View Post
    Batman: TAS! Here's my favourite episode... I love the scarecrow.

Part 1 - the youtube thinger isnt working for this one.

and part two
    Sexy, but it's been lifted. Damn it.

Get the DVDs they're really awesome!

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    I just finished my shower...and it works!

New plumbing, tile, caulk, everything. Do have to replace one tile I accidentally broke when I attached the spigot, though, but ...eh...

Leaves only the walls and ceiling to paint, new cabinets to build and hang, and little shit like that.

...and I still have all my fingers...
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    I quitted smoking 4 Days ago after a 30-40 cigarette routine...difficult as heck but damn , after the first 2 days I had quite a selfesteem boost that even lasts for this morning and hopefully goes on

(I hope the biggest withdrawals wich are about to come in a few days (subconcious realizing that I really quit and will have a talk with the part of my brain that is in charge of addictions) wont bring me down again tho `)

2 Days ago I helped a buddy moving into his new flat. 14 hours carrying funriture and cardboard boxes. Never been so powered out since my martial arts training 4 years ago. Great feeling to have used my body that much. After moving we killed a few beers and fell asleep where we sat

Uhhh...and the girl I have a little crush on had birthday yesterday. Sadly I couldn`t be there because I live in effin Germany and not in my Homecountry anymore but a buddy of mine said it was an awesome party and she was really happy so I am happy to ^^

My best friend is finally in a happy relationship with an awesome woman. I am also very happy for him =)

AND i am very close to make the second semester at my academy...YAY !
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    Maybe it's not awesome, but it's been a good day. I finished class early, then went to the shopping centre and sat in the food court eating a sandwich and drawing peoples hands in my sketchbook. Then I went to gym and pushed myself harder than I ever have before and then did the half hour walk home. Still feel awesome and am about to get into some serious drawing after a dose of browsing CA!

Hey Corky, awesome job on quitting the smokes! I quit two years ago and haven't looked back since.... well maybe apart from the occasional one I've nabbed while drunk . But that don't happen often.
    Good luck and keep it up!

Thanks
    Today's a monday but I've taken a day off work. If that's not awesome enough , it's also my birthday so the birds are chirpin, the sun's shining and it feels like a lot of good stuff is headin my way ...
    great thread, great read .. have a great one ppl
    the sole intention is learning to fly

32. The Following User Says Thank You to central For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast