Help me push though this?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink Help me push though this?

First a little ramble on it...

Hmm I'm thinking of just starting it anew, maybe not but as you can see I lack any sort of foundation Around 15 hours of work has gone into this trying to get somewhere but I don't see it taking me any place far, maybe it's the way I've been going at this?

First I sketched and drew her our in 2B pencil, scanned her in. Messed around with the perspective on the bed for a long time till I felt it worked... Then continued to paint her using two layers which I would merge a lot. I usually used a 30-60% opacity brush... I try to be more bold but when I do that the colors seem wrong some how... like worse then they already are hehe!

I think the reason she always looked like she was floating was because her horizon line was always higher then the beds. We are practically looking down on her so the horizon is extremely high... not to mention the foreshortening is hard to picture for me @_____@

I feel I really should start taking things as far as I can go, just I don't know where to go from here... and if I just try and spearhead it I don't get anywhere useful. At least so far not yet

Here's my friends room which I was useing as a small reference... if you could even call it that! I'm breaking the rules since she said Icouldnt post her messy room on the internet =) I'm sure she won't kill me?

Any suggestions?

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would just start over. I like to get all my drawing done by hand before I take it into the computer. And for future reference, if you have been drawing for more than 20 minutes and you don't have at least a working and correct foundation, start over. If not, your just putting icing on a lopsided cake.

kev ferrara is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,151 Times in 1,701 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Think of this as color pattern. Have a different color for the bed than the girl. A different color for the floor. A different color for the pieces of furniture. Separate everything using a nice color pattern.

First finish the drawing. Put some stuff on the floor, like clothes and a lamp and some books on the table. Some junk inside the boxes. Put a pillow on the bed. Put a blanket. Have the blanket be a different color than the bedspread.

Have fun!

kev

At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
    http://www.myspace.com/kevferrara

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.