Art: Some Pencil Tests
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Some Pencil Tests

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Some Pencil Tests

Currently at Sheridan College doing my bachelors in Traditional Animation. Just finished my second year a few months ago, and about to enter into my 3rd (of 4) year.

I've still got a TON to learn about timing, performance, acting, getting in more expression, feeling, utilizing stronger poses, weight, secondary action, follow through, etc. So, feel free to critique.

Metal Guy

Lip Sync 1

Lip Sync 2

Bowlarama Bernie

Walk Cycle

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, nice pencil tests! You've got a great line quality, really loose and energetic (something our teacher tries to get us to do and something I want to do better hehe). My favorite would probably be the second lip sync; the drumming part and the character rushing towards the camera at the end works reaaally well, adds to the humor as well in my opinion.

Overall I'd say you're doing great! If I had any suggestions I would just say I would like to see you mess a bit more with more exaggerated poses and perhaps leaving out some frames (an example of this would be Bob Clampett). Not sure if that's a style you like at all, but I'm sure it'd be some fun practice at least hehe. Nice work

cout<mecha is offline animation.visualization.c ollaboration Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the work you have posted here in pencil test form. Are you guys using the Lunchbox system?

There's always a lot to learn concerning animation, it never ends in 2D or 3D. I have a sketchbook here, since we are both interested in animation, I wonder what you would think of it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really good animation. The only thing Im a little iffy about is the bowling guy's lift action. Looks a bit awkward imo. Good work!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.