Art schools in Denmark?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Art schools in Denmark?

Now, you guys will have to excuse my ignorance, but I've been thinking about art schools for a long time now, and me and my boyfriend decided to move to Denmark to study, mainly because he wanted to go to film school there, and because I really want to do something different.

Now, my question is, is there any school in Denmark that has a department that focuses on concept art? I really, REALLY want to study concept art seriously, but I can't seem to find anything. The uh..."second best" for me is graphic design,and I've found a school that I'm interested in for that, but I'm really interested to hear if anyone here knows of schools in Denmark that offer Concept Art. Google hasn't helped me at all either.

So please, if you have any answers, I'd LOVE to hear them!

P.S.

No school over here offers studies in concept art. I live in Iceland, so art studies is mostly limited to paintings, graphic design and clothing design.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I looked long and hard for a school I liked in Denmark, of course because Denmark is the best choice for Icelanders, but to no avail. The only ones that came remotely close (in both Denmark and Sweden) were 3D schools that taught concept art as a mandatory class within the whole education pipeline.

The best art schools in Denmark are the ones that focus on Fine Art (painting). However most of these are ateliers and LÍN won't give you a student loan to attend one of those. DET KONGELIGE DANSKE KUNSTAKADEMI seems to be the most popular among Icelandic students, since you will get a student loan studying there.

Btw, if you're looking for getting into concept art, then you should look at schools that teach Illustration. Concept art is rarely taught as a specific major since it falls under Illustration. Also, Graphic Design and Illustration are completely different areas so don't settle with "second best" if you're not interested in it

What irritated me about Illustration taught in Europe is that a lot of it is the "spiritual" kind, e.g. they care more about the depth and thought behind your work than actually teaching you how to use the tools properly to create what YOU want to create. Which is the main reason why I ended up studying in the US

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Takk kærlega! Sorry how late I am in replying, it's been SO busy.

Yes, I've been trying to decide right now, and I think I've decided to go to illustration. Illustration is what I like best, so that's probably the path I should take I'm also thinking of taking some classes in photography

You have been so helpful!

I think I should start my sketchbook here soon, and try to improve however I can. I'm still learning the importance of referance images, and perspective kills me every time Dx Right now I'm in FB (Fjölbrautaskólinn í Breiðholti) studying art, but it's all very basic. I really hope I'll be able to find a fitting school, and if you can link me something that offers illustration, I would be forever thankful

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're welcome, just remember it's all about practice. Draw from reference, from life, and from your imagination. To learn perspective, there are quite a few good tutorials here on CA.org.

Like I said, I found nothing in Europe that fit my taste so I ended up studying in my dream school in the US; they also offer online learning which is really helpful given the state of the Icelandic economy right now.

If you have any questions then you're welcome to ask.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh thanks, well, I do have a few questions:

What does it cost you to study in the US? And how do you pay for those studies?

Also, what school do you go to?

Members who have read this thread: 1